Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

My guess would be that he's trying to prove to the interwebz that despite appearances he does not, in fact, have the bone density of a 90-year old, but I'm not really sure.

Does he need Boniva?

• Love 6

I was an avid runner until I blew my left knee. I ran when I was happy, sad, mad, worried, you name it. Running just made me feel good. It was also time to be alone with my thoughts, regardless of my emotional state. Other than a child following on a bike, because one can't leave kids to their own devices, it would have annoyed me to no end to have a spouse or otherwise full grown ass adult following me on a bike. 

Yes, I'm selfish that way. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

i think Derick is just trying to post some verses that are helpful.  I doubt DumDum means anything harmful with this one.  Just trying to encourage kindness, which is one of his better tweets. 

Unfortunately, once again, Duggars lack self awareness, and don't realize that some verses don't come off the way you intend. 

Posting verses is very challenging.  It seems easy...just select something you like.  But in reality, it's hard.  You don't want to be preachy.  You don't want to be superior. You certainly don't want to be a hypocrite.  Picking a Bible verse for a a few thousand (?) followers on Twitter really needs some thought.  This is where Derick stumbles. 

Derick is an odd man.  He really wants to be a missionary.  I believe he is sincere.  But if that is his sincere desire, to share the gospel of Jesus...he seems to put the least amount of thought into something that he claims is his life's work.

I don't get it.  if you are a missionary or preacher, this is you ENTIRE LIFE.  Be passionate. Be sensitive. Be caring.  Work hard.  Be on fire for the message!

This clown tweets a random verse every other day, some bizarre post about Planned Parenthood and then about some sports team I have never heard of. Then calls himself a missionary?  

Derick, Derick...pull yourself together.  This is sloppy, disorganized and uninspired preaching. 

I totally get what you're saying here, however no one is making Derick post or tweet anything, never mind Bible verses. So maybe he ought to just stop.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I guess he likes the President Elect then....

Does anyone know if anyone Duggar ever outwardly said they said they voted for Trump?  I would think he was too flashy for their brand of Fundamentalism?

Brought over from seewald thread. Astonishingly, yes, he did actually tweet out his support for trump.  Makes no sense according to their belief system whatsoever. But par for the course with these people.  

• Love 1

I think Dreck was the only one who openly supported Trump. Ben was non-commital regarding candidates, but showed support for people of other races with his statements regarding BLM. 

If Boob/Mechelle or Jeremy said anything about the election at all, I missed it. Since Jinger wasn't married before the election, I don't think she would have been allowed to make a joint statement with Jeremy. Given the election was just days after her wedding, I wonder if she even voted. I suppose Jeremy had to vote early, or absentee, since they probably stayed in AR before heading off to Oz. 

It was probably a huge blow to all of them when Carson, then Cruz, dropped out. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can't bring myself to watch the video, but someone mentioned that the doctor is checking Derick's neck. Hyperthyroid, perhaps? 

That's a pretty standard thing to check in a physical. If anything the doc was checking lymph nodes. Hyperthyroid would show up in blood work. I'm going with....Zika. Or just plain old 24/7/365 stress from a horrible life situation he'll be suck in for the next 50 years.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

That's a pretty standard thing to check in a physical. If anything the doc was checking lymph nodes. Hyperthyroid would show up in blood work. I'm going with....Zika. Or just plain old 24/7/365 stress from a horrible life situation he'll be suck in for the next 50 years.

He's married to the original Stage Jill Clinger.  Knowing you've got to deal with such a whiny, clingy child day in and day out would definitely be stress inducing.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He's married to the original Stage Jill Clinger.  Knowing you've got to deal with such a whiny, clingy child day in and day out would definitely be stress inducing.

"Well Mr. Dillard, you've got adrenal fatigue. Have you been under any stress lately?"

"No, I quit my decent job and bummed and Central America for a year. Ate food from the local Walmart and Papa Johns, fucked, did silly dances, slept till 2 in the afternoon. It was great!"

"Well I don't know what could have caused it..."

*dr Jill walks in*

"Oh..."

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

"Well Mr. Dillard, you've got adrenal fatigue. Have you been under any stress lately?"

"No, I quit my decent job and bummed and Central America for a year. Ate food from the local Walmart and Papa Johns, fucked, did silly dances, slept till 2 in the afternoon. It was great!"

"Well I don't know what could have caused it..."

*dr Jill walks in*

"Oh..."

I wuv you.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Brought over from seewald thread. Astonishingly, yes, he did actually tweet out his support for trump.  Makes no sense according to their belief system whatsoever. But par for the course with these people.  

So did JillRod.  She posted a most distressed photo of herself upon hearing Trump won.

18 minutes ago, louannems said:

So did JillRod.  She posted a most distressed photo of herself upon hearing Trump won.

But she said she was overjoyed. Not being political here, but being they're so steeped in patriarchy, the very idea of ANY woman being elected President would go down about as well as a turd in a punch bowl.

• Love 4

I hate it when politics is talked about here, but it's not the candidate but the party platform that they look at.  Even though the party platform is pretty much ignored by Republicans when in office, they spout the party line and use all kinds of excuses and procedures to not be successful in implementing the party line.  The Dems do implement their party line which would be opposite their stated beliefs.  By their I mean the general fundy beliefs.

Jeez, Israel looks about 14.  What a Giant White Baby. And likewise, Jill looks about 40.

Dillards, remove your DONATE button please.  you are not missionairies anymore. Can I start a Kickstarter campaign to sue them for solicitation of false charitable donations??

• Love 8

That face.  Yecch.  The shirt, too small.  The house still looks decent, I guess Jana is working overtime.  I read somewhere that Bin is now working at Grace Church?  A blurb on Get Real TLC or something on my FB, cannot find it.  Or maybe they mean the 1 day in June job.  Alert the media.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Jeez, Israel looks about 14.  What a Giant White Baby. And likewise, Jill looks about 40.

Dillards, remove your DONATE button please.  you are not missionairies anymore. Can I start a Kickstarter campaign to sue them for solicitation of false charitable donations??

They will pull out the 'getting an education' spin to keep that button up. Spanish, Bible Classes. That is after the short break etc. They may return, but the ethical thing to do is remove that button until their paid holiday begins again. There will be Zika, Derelicts health and all sorts of explanations of their long absence from Danger America on the new season (guessing), but how will they explain that they left the button up AND enlarged it.

It's a good thing there is another baby on the way, something tells me Izzy is about to leave Jill behind intellectually.

• Love 8

Just believing there is a God or that Jesus is for real isn't enough to make you a Christian. #jameschapter2verse19 True faith is repenting of your sin & letting Jesus become your boss

I swear, she writes like a 10 year old.  "....or that Jesus is for real..."  "...letting Jesus become your boss."  Really?  I'm assuming it's beyond her to write, "...that Jesus really existed..."  or, "...allowing Jesus to be your leader (or something along those lines)." 

Having said that, I really love the scale with the fruit in it in the background of the pic with her and Izzy.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I wonder if she realizes that there are hundreds of different "gods" worshiped by people around the globe? 

To Jill, her god is the only real one.  Her flavor of Christianity is the only true one that will get you to this place called heaven.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Apparently, they're studying about doing good works today. Jill's IG post was along these same lines. STOP PREACHING AT US!!!! This just comes off as arrogant and holier than thou. 

Do they not realize that unless they can actually heal by touching and can multiply loaves and fishes that "works of faith" ACTUALLY means they need to exert some effort to do actual work to achieve "good works"?

They had plenty of chances while they were on the mission field in Danger America to make life better for these souls they claimed to care about. I always thought missionaries helped build schools, clinics, handed out food, secured clean drinking water, handed out clothes and shoes, etc. SOS must be doing some of these things.

All we saw from these Dillydumdums was them handing out Dum Dums, painting nails, making jewelry, passing out crayons and doing interpretive dance.  How about digging latrines, drilling for water, laying foundations or bricking up a school? If they had actually done some of these things, I'd have had a bit more respect for what they actually did do there. Derick might have done some of these things, but we know for the most part, Jilly Muffin stayed inside cowering and crying due to falling shower caddies. We've got no Instagram posts to prove otherwise, and you know they'd have been sooo proud to show that off!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

My god, look at this kid's feet! Jill posted another bible verse today as well (actually verses), but I'm not going to bother posting that. We know the drill by now. #preachy 

Omg you guys, look closely.  She is wearing PANTS!  Looks like leggings, actually.  Look at the curve of her legs.  You can see the outline of the back of her knee.  If she had a skirt on, that would not be visible.  And the cloth hugs her legs all the way down past her calves.  Unless this is one heck of a form fitting tube skirt, I call leggings!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Omg you guys, look closely.  She is wearing PANTS!  Looks like leggings, actually.  Look at the curve of her legs.  You can see the outline of the back of her knee.  If she had a skirt on, that would not be visible.  And the cloth hugs her legs all the way down past her calves.  Unless this is one heck of a form fitting tube skirt, I call leggings!

Im not seeing skirt ( as much as I would love that to be true!!) I think she is just angled in a way where it could be deceiving. 

• Love 1

I agree with @yogi2014L. I don't think Jill would be caught dead being photographed in pants if there was a chance it would be posted on the interwebz. She seems to be the daughter most married to the all-skirts mantra. I think it's just the angle, plus the fact that it looks like her knee is pushed out, which would account for the clinging at the back, espeically since she's angled slightly to her left. 

The closest I can remember her being in pants was when she was at a gym with Derick one day when she was knocked up with Izzy. She was wearing gym/yoga pants of some sort under a knee-length skirt. IIRC, in typical Stage Jill Clinger fashion, she claimed that she walked laps around the gym while Derick worked out.

• Love 1

Poor Izzy. He has a baby's head paired with a three year-old's body. 

Completely unrelated to the Dullard's, I can't imagine what a total pain in the ass that brick floor must be. Chairs and tables won't lay even on it and cleaning must be an absolute bitch. Jana really has her work cut out for her.

• Love 6
On 1/12/2017 at 9:43 AM, Marigold said:

I'm saying this a a practicing Christian: Derick is lazy.  he is a lazy missionary who accomplished nothing.  He was down there for almost a year?  He has done zero. 

Not a fan of Ben, but he is doing better.  He is attempting to go to school and is smart enough to stick to English speaking people.  That shows a HUGE jump in intelligence compared to DumDerick who is a missionary to people he cannot communicate with.  

Triple D didn't go to Danger America to "preach the gospel". Triple D and his arranged bride headed for the hills (or a country that is an expensive plane ride away) when things got hot at home. He didn't like working at Wal-Mart: Too much work. He couldn't pray away his wife's molestation and resulting problems, especially the very real threat at that time that she may be dragged into civil litigation from the fifth victim against Joshley Madison. Of course it was tooo harrddd to find a qualified, licensed therapist and get some help for his wife, who must have been reeling from the entire country knowing a secret they have been shamed into hiding for most of their lives and a traumatic birth exacerbated by Jilly Muffin's stubborn refusal to seek medical attention until it was almost too late. Maybe a change of scenery would fix things up nicely! It was a great excuse and he probably thought it made him look super-holy, too.

Mr. Pie in the Sky didn't bother to consider the challenges involved in relocating three people (one of which is a Big White Baby) somewhere in which nobody spoke English, the conditions were less than optimal, and he couldn't continue to do his own thing with a Stage Five Clinger who had nothing to do with her days. It didn't matter if their particular denomination did not give him a "commission" -- he'd lie about it and do it himself. After all, it sounds like he didn't do a hell of a lot of "sharing the gospel" in Nepal, either. Someone who was serious would have continued to pursue his schooling with the money they made from their wedding coverage, hired a tutor to assist his wife, and focused on satisfying the qualifications of his denomination. Triple D? Hell, no. He's a maverick, you know -- not bound by any stinkin' rules and he can do it himself! (Just as long as the donations keep rolling in...) Triple D's "mission field" is now social media. He thinks he's really winning hearts and minds with his ridiculous screeds and punitive (and legalistic) Bible verses. I could point him to more than one celebrity or athlete on Twitter that also posts a verse each day so he could see how it is done correctly, but far be it from me to tell a may-un he's doing it wrong. (See Forsett, Justin for a great example of sharing his faith in a friendly and non-judgmental manner.)

That brings me to Bin. I really don't care for Bin, but I have one thing to say in his favor. He's young. He's also shown he's a bit more open to life experiences than his wife or any other member of that family. We'll see if he meets enough people whose experiences are not the same as a Caucasian man raised in small town Arkansas to wake him up. If he really wants to be an effective pastor, he's going to learn with the quickness that the only people who think Calvinism and judgment are cool are the bros that probably still hang around outside of Mark Driscoll's new church in Arizona. The rest of those guys are meeting their comeuppance, one by one. If he wants to share the love of Jesus and inspire others, he's going to have to learn that it's show, not tell, and it should be real. I also have a news flash for him: Their marriage may not survive his development into an adult.

IMHO of course.

Edited because it posted twice... aargh

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 10

eta: The Danger America trip was already planned before Joshgate. In the season finale of the last 19 Kids episode, they had a preview of the next season, which had Boob's shocked face after Derick made a sooper seekrit cliffhanger announcement. Maybe the timeline was hastened, but they were already going. 

Back to semi-superficial stuff, looking at Jill again, this time on the laptop, I can't believe she wore a shirt under that already modest tee. I guess she just can't change. I think even Jessa would let something that minor go now. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Triple D's "mission field" is now social media. He thinks he's really winning hearts and minds with his ridiculous screeds and punitive (and legalistic) Bible verses. I could point him to more than one celebrity or athlete on Twitter that also posts a verse each day so he could see how it is done correctly, but far be it from me to tell a may-un he's doing it wrong. (See Forsett, Justin for a great example of sharing his faith in a friendly and non-judgmental manner.)

THIS!!! Loved all of your post--too bad I can only like it once.

So you mean any of us can join the mission field via social media? All we need are some legalistic screeds and a DONATE button? Damn, I've been going about this all wrong....

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 5
On January 12, 2017 at 4:04 PM, SMama said:

I was an avid runner until I blew my left knee. I ran when I was happy, sad, mad, worried, you name it. Running just made me feel good. It was also time to be alone with my thoughts, regardless of my emotional state. Other than a child following on a bike, because one can't leave kids to their own devices, it would have annoyed me to no end to have a spouse or otherwise full grown ass adult following me on a bike. 

Yes, I'm selfish that way. 

I'm a runner and I agree 100%. If I had my spouse following me on a bike every single time I ran, I'd puke, too.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Here's a verse for Dancing Derick to consider:

Proverb 6:6

Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:

I'm sure Derick would like the Ray Bradbury story based on the bible verse. (It's about a world where all men have died out, and women evolved into a hive-like society.)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I'm sure Derick would like the Ray Bradbury story based on the bible verse. (It's about a world where all men have died out, and women evolved into a hive-like society.)

Somehow I doubt that. After all, in their world, feminism is evil.

• Love 2

Jill stalking Dreck at the gym gave me the creeps as well. When I work out, whether at the gym or just a 5 - 10k walk, I am a lone wolf. I don't want my husband anywhere near me. He's a distraction who slows me down on the road. Wish I could, but I can't run. I was born with a slightly deformed lower right leg that even orthotics can't help with the pounding of running...running even a block or two kills my knees these days. I was told as a kid who could run like the wind that my deformity would catch up with me, and indeed it has. The ellipitcal is my BFF, but I don't want my husband on the one next to me. I wouldn't be socializing with him anyway...love my music. What I WOULD pay to see is him trying Zumba. 

Of course, the Dullards can't even consider Zumba. Derick might have his emotions stirred by a woman who can't fulfill his desires. And picture Jilly Muffin attempting Zumba in one of her ubiquitous yoga skirts! LOL

FJ uses the hive as a symbol. There are almost as many women on this board (sorry Koka), and to some degree that hive mentality exists here. We bring many different flowers to the same place, but for the most part are in consensus regarding the bigger issues in play here. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

No doubt Derick and the rest feel persecuted. We all know that someone, probably Jessa, read these boards and sometimes I feel bad about somethings I write. But it really wouldn't hurt them to open their minds to some constructive albeit snarky criticism.

It is people like Derick (and Tom Cruise) that piss me off. They expect folks they talk to to have open minds and listen thoughtfully, yet they walk around holier than thou and reject any thoughts that are unlike their own.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No doubt Derick and the rest feel persecuted. We all know that someone, probably Jessa, read these boards and sometimes I feel bad about somethings I write. But it really wouldn't hurt them to open their minds to some constructive albeit snarky criticism.

It is people like Derick (and Tom Cruise) that piss me off. They expect folks they talk to to have open minds and listen thoughtfully, yet they walk around holier than thou and reject any thoughts that are unlike their own.

While I doubt Derick is open to any criticism, he could at least develop thicker skin. When you make your living by being out in the public, not everyone will like you. People with good egos learn to ignore most of it.  Derick looks shaky, honestly. Tom Cruise is on another planet, so who knows with him. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Of course, the Dullards can't even consider Zumba. Derick might have his emotions stirred by a woman who can't fulfill his desires. And picture Jilly Muffin attempting Zumba in one of her ubiquitous yoga skirts! LOL

It's a pity the joys of Zumba could never be contemplated by this lot. Even if Derick would think it was fun, Muffy wouldn't even fathom dancing to those infectious Latin percussion beats when Boob wouldn't provide batteries to musical toys  Many Brazilian music numbers don't even have lyrics.  25 years of indoctrination that they can't listen to "music with a beat". I can't even imagine what a joyless life they lead.

We know from seeing them attempt interpretive dance that neither of them are at all coordinated. Zumba is great exercise as well.  Dance teaches balance and coordination, which could benefit them both and give them something they could enjoy doing together. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It's a pity the joys of Zumba could never be contemplated by this lot. Even if Derick would think it was fun, Muffy wouldn't even fathom dancing to those infectious Latin percussion beats when Boob wouldn't provide batteries to musical toys  Many Brazilian music numbers don't even have lyrics.  25 years of indoctrination that they can't listen to "music with a beat". I can't even imagine what a joyless life they lead.

We know from seeing them attempt interpretive dance that neither of them are at all coordinated. Zumba is great exercise as well.  Dance teaches balance and coordination, which could benefit them both and give them something they could enjoy doing together. 

What are you thinking!  This makes all too much sense!!!  

• Love 4

So so true! I'd say I could and maybe do come across as rather direct and even snarky or aggressive, and even more so if I were ever to speak to them in person, but fuck me, it's because I feel so very strongly about this kind of shite. I cannot begin to express how much I loathe, abhor and detest such stuff. Don't abuse your children under the guise of religion or anything else for that matter.

Love them, nurture them, care for them, let them fly. Do NOT stunt them, starve them, abuse them, use them ill, neglect them because you cannot be bothered or are lazy or careless or because Jesus. Just fucking don't.

• Love 14