Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m sure his door dash career will take off now that restaurants (at least In NC) are take out only. 

Maybe, maybe not. A friend of mine does delivery for Pizza Hut. Orders are way down and drivers are being sent home. She made $20 yesterday 😥 (we're in NC)

• Love 1

I just assumed demand was up because a lot of delivery places here have been hiring a lot lately, not just grocery delivery. It’s the only way I can get a piece of chicken at the moment since it’s sold out at grocery stores. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Those kids are literally bouncing off the walls.  Meanwhile Deertick's study-room door is sealed shut.

As the only possible future income source in that household, I would hope so!

Mommy Jill needs to finally grow up and deal with her stay at home mommy status for the next 12 plus months.  My gut feeling is the world of income generating reality shows featuring bizarre participants is now dead.  It will shift to real families coping with the new reality.  

Yet, her little family might be ok.

• Love 12
On 3/20/2020 at 6:56 AM, ginger90 said:

I don’t recall the * info being there previously.

57653128-B623-4D9F-9227-F7F1206AF337.jpeg

for business requests ?? what business ? he didn't list a business... at least say he's a 3rd year law student..and doesn't have have an accounting degree? is he a CPA ?

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, sATL said:

for business requests ?? what business ? he didn't list a business... at least say he's a 3rd year law student..and doesn't have have an accounting degree? is he a CPA ?

He's 2L and never did the schooling required to become a CPA. His only degree is undergrad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

From their blog:

Things To Do With Kids During The Coronavirus

Mar 23, 2020 | Family Blog | 0 

If you’re like us, trying to do our part and participate in social distancing during the coronavirus, the day can get crazy while being stuck at home most of the time with little kids, especially if the weather is bad over half the time. Here are some of our favorite outdoor and indoor activities that we hope will help provide more ideas for fun with your kids! 

Indoor Activities:

-Do indoor pretend long jump (use masking tape to draw a line and mark where each child lands). 

-Have a dance party. There are lots of kid songs on YouTube. Most of the time we don’t even use the screen, but just hook up the audio from our phone to our bluetooth speaker. 

-Watch/do a kid fitness class on YouTube.

-Play Play-Doh (look online for recipes to make your own!)

-Build a fort or tent.

-Play games together. UNO has been a game we have enjoyed recently and has helped Samuel (2 yrs. old) have fun learning his numbers and colors better!

-Set up an obstacle course. Make sure to play kid-intense music while playing! Our boys like the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack (thanks Uncle Benji 🙂 ). 

-Make pretend grocery store or city with various places. Make fake money to pay for stuff. (As a kid, we used to play “store” when it was time to clean up and we’d use our treadmill as our grocery store conveyor belt, then go put stuff away.) 

-Let them help make something in the kitchen with you.

-Check out new books and movies from the library (if yours is still open!) or online if you have that option and read a chapter book together as a family! We’ve recently started reading the “Boxcar Children” book series to the boys. 

-Make cards for friends and family.

-Play the balloon game (try to keep it up in the air). 

-Do an indoor scavenger hunt (you can find fun ones online!)

-Do art lessons for kids on YouTube (the boys enjoy art for kids hub).

-Sensory play bins. @busytoddler on Instagram has lots of great ideas! 

-Extend bath and shower time and add food coloring and toys (kitchen scoops work great!) for extra fun!

-Rotate toys and books to keep kids interested and actually be able to see what all they have.

Outdoor Activities: 

-“Paint” the fence with spray bottle or paint brushes and water

-Take lots of walks or go for a hike

-Have backyard races or set up an obstacle course.

-Make pretend “soup” outside

-Have a picnic at home or out

-Have rock stacking contest 

-Do a scavenger hunt (you can find fun ones online!)

-Make s’mores or dinner outside over a fire pit or a coffee can fire outside. Our kids even love making toast over the fire!

-Play chalk. I saw something recently that suggested writing encouraging messages on sidewalks for neighbors or people passing by. 

Tips:

-Set timers for everything! (Making our kids aware of the transition helps them prepare and mentally shift)

-Play a cleanup song (there are several on YouTube) or other favorite upbeat song while doing quick cleanups throughout the day.

-Let little kids help with chores. We have a little chore pack for the boys with pictures of simple chores. We don’t do it every day, but they like being able to switch the cards out and all. 

What tips do you have for keeping kids busy while having fun? Drop a comment below. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 6

Poor Jill has to socially distance from her MLM BFF Rachel, so her kids don't have the playmates we had growing up. I spent most of my time outside without games bring scheduled for me. That's what imagination is for!

• Love 8

A pleasant, useful post with ideas that may not be ground-breaking but are reasonably fun, fairly age appropriate and 100% secular? Dang, Jill! (Although 2-year-old Sam reading The Boxcar Children is a little much. There! Snark! I feel better).

• LOL 7
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

My mom just told me to come back for dinner. It was up to me to find what to do all day. 😂😂😂

Yep. We had to be home by the time the street lights came on!

• Love 17
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Jill’s always home with the kids. WTF is this post about? She just noticed them all of a sudden?

She just noticed a way to appear relevant!  Credit where it’s due. 

Maybe Jessa can get around to flushing one of her toilets, or dusting! 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1

Hey lets give Jill a little credit, usually she doesn't know what the hell to do with those kids, but those are a lot of good suggestions for a graduate of the Duggar School of "I Don't Give a Crap".

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It is a wonder that my siblings and I, and my children were able to play when we were younger without having all these handy dandy tips all over the internet.

I'm pretty impressed with my family.

To be fair though, the Coronavirus wasn't around in the 1980s, when I was a kid. I was able to entertain myself without the internet because I had the option of socializing with other kids my age.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Hey lets give Jill a little credit, usually she doesn't know what the hell to do with those kids, but those are a lot of good suggestions for a graduate of the Duggar School of "I Don't Give a Crap".

I wonder where she read them ?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I bet she copied and pasted it from a sweet friend 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

This interview should be interesting if it happens. Jill and Derrick are outing Jill's family and religion. Whoa. There will be no recrossing that bridge. 

She said no questions about Jill's family. It will be interesting to see if Derelict addresses them in some way though. I saw the post and asked her to ask about his book. 😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'd want to know if Jill has realized the Gothard beliefs are ill founded. Are they purposely raising their boys different from how Jill was raised. And I would like Derick to give concrete answers to their split from TLC and the Duggar family.

• Love 8

Vague, mean spirited, contradictory, literal, and strange answers.  No discussion of Jill’s family, or likely being a reality TV star. I can see why no one would pay for an interview. There’s going to give away his whole book for free. Good.

He’s not a very interesting person.

• Love 14

Hold it a sec....Limiting questions unrelated to their family ?   That means the questions are supposed to be relating to their family. Don't two negatives (limiting, unrelated ) make a positive?

I'm so grammatically confused at this point....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, drafan said:

Hold it a sec....Limiting questions unrelated to their family ?   That means the questions are supposed to be relating to their family. Don't two negatives (limiting, unrelated ) make a positive?

I'm so grammatically confused at this point....

That's how I took it as well. Crystal Ball specifically mentions Jill leaving their cult.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Who is this Without a Crystal Ball person?

She is a youtuber who makes videos commenting on reality television stars and fundies.  She makes videos on a lot of TLC people, particularly the Duggars and Sister wives. She also does videos about youtubers who fundies or at least use religion to spread toxic ideas. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Temperance said:

She is a youtuber who makes videos commenting on reality television stars and fundies.  She makes videos on a lot of TLC people, particularly the Duggars and Sister wives. She also does videos about youtubers who fundies or at least use religion to spread toxic ideas. 

She hates JRod, so I like her.  She’s done at least a couple of videos about the Rods.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That Boob possibly cut them off when he stopped allowing Jill free access to the TTH. 

19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That Boob possibly cut them off when he stopped allowing Jill free access to the TTH. 

OOPS, can’t get rid of second box. I was wondering if something new triggered that comment. Is it Derick’s alleged upcoming interview with the Crystal Ball lady? I do miss a lot, especially now that SGirl is doing Online school, and SBaba is telecommuting. I love them both, but there is no me time.

• Love 7