Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

"Josh's future behaviors depend a lot on the reasons he did what he did. If he is just a cocky asshole whose frontal lobe just finished developing he'll probably knock it off. If he truly has a problem then he has a difficult road ahead of him. I think he shares a lot in common with many folks, and thinks he is all that and nothing at all, at the same time. Being so unsure of who you are, makes for some stupid behaviors."

Oh he truly has a problem, and let me tell you, being under someone else's complete control doesn't stop anything if you're smart.  There's always ways around external controls.  Now, it's pretty questionable whether or not he's smart... My "Josh" was book smart so he always found ways around everything, yet not quite smart enough to not get caught.  He finally had to find another woman who was completely unaware of his problem, and groom her by telling her how obsessive and controlling I was and never trusted him "and that's why I had to cheat on her."  

He actually messaged me just the other day and told me he was having health issues with his heart valve.  And I'm like, what does he want me to do?  Go back and take care of him?  What happened to the love of his life, who was so much better than me and that's why he "had to" cheat?  What happened to his parents and sister, who were in complete agreement that throwing me away like a used paper plate was the proper thing to do?  What about the few friends he actually had, who gave him pity and said I deserved to be cheated on?  Where is their pity now?  I'm sorry, but you had your chance.  You blew it.

Yikes, so sorry you've had to deal with, and continue to deal with, that. Some guys are total jerks.

• Love 6

He actually messaged me just the other day and told me he was having health issues with his heart valve.  And I'm like, what does he want me to do?  Go back and take care of him?  What happened to the love of his life, who was so much better than me and that's why he "had to" cheat?  What happened to his parents and sister, who were in complete agreement that throwing me away like a used paper plate was the proper thing to do?  What about the few friends he actually had, who gave him pity and said I deserved to be cheated on?  Where is their pity now?  I'm sorry, but you had your chance.  You blew it.

I hope you said this.

I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't if there's any chance you can't avoid seeing these people in person, but I totally think you should say it.

"Josh's future behaviors depend a lot on the reasons he did what he did. If he is just a cocky asshole whose frontal lobe just finished developing he'll probably knock it off. If he truly has a problem then he has a difficult road ahead of him. I think he shares a lot in common with many folks, and thinks he is all that and nothing at all, at the same time. Being so unsure of who you are, makes for some stupid behaviors."

Oh he truly has a problem, and let me tell you, being under someone else's complete control doesn't stop anything if you're smart.  There's always ways around external controls.  Now, it's pretty questionable whether or not he's smart... My "Josh" was book smart so he always found ways around everything, yet not quite smart enough to not get caught.  He finally had to find another woman who was completely unaware of his problem, and groom her by telling her how obsessive and controlling I was and never trusted him "and that's why I had to cheat on her."  

Can you block his texts and calls so you don't have to deal with any of his issues?

Haven't been keeping up, do we know when Josh is getting released from prayer prison?

Sew Sumi says soon, in 10 days or so it will be 6 months. I'm wondering if he's already out. Very quiet on all fronts of the Duggar camp.

• Love 3

Sew Sumi says soon, in 10 days or so it will be 6 months. I'm wondering if he's already out. Very quiet on all fronts of the Duggar camp.

The RU stay is six to eight months, depending on how well the person progresses.  Josh went there on August 24.  Of course, his stay there is voluntary, so he could leave at any time.  But, without Jim Bob's approval, nobody will give him transportation home or a place to stay when he gets back to Arkansas.  (Anna and his four kids are living in the kids' dorm rooms in Jim Bob's house.)  So, he won't be coming back until Jim Bob allows him to.

• Love 2

I wonder if RU is making less money since they may be more selective with admissions while Josh is there.  If I was an up-and-coming tabloid journalist, I'd go undercover to RU for the Josh scoop.

That would be like going undercover in hell.

• Love 6

That is the stars of the movie War Room. 

The woman's name is Priscilla S (something).  She is a minister and has written a lot of books etc.  She starred in the movie. I read the cast was going to be at Cross Church on Sunday. 

Wow,I hadn't realized how much time slipped by while I wasn't watching the forum. So, belatedly, I'll just say: There's something very, very weird about the whole lawsuit/dismissal situation. Granted this wasn't really my area of practice, but still... it's just off. It doesn't follow any pattern I've ever seen. There is something we aren't being told. We may never find out the answer, but there's certainly a question there.

• Love 8

Anna has returned to social media. Sadly, it was with her in laws, wearing the ugliest dress ever. Edited because I forgot the link and can't paste it in on my phone. I'll try a second post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB1C_U5mra2/

Success!

Oh, Anna. When your mother-in-law (as in, YOUR mother-in-law) actually looks stylish next to you, you are in big fashion trouble, honey. That dress hurts my brain--and green is my favorite color.

• Love 9

That dress certainly is fugly, but I think it was chosen because it has a secondary purpose in that it's loose enough to be a potential maternity dress for Blessing #5.  After all, she made her Christmas visit to Jesus Jail and could very well have received another living, breathing "gift" from Joshie.  If they're no longer "buying used and saving the difference", the next best thing is to make selections that can do double duty.  We'll have to be on bump watch in a month or so.  <sigh>

• Love 4

That dress certainly is fugly, but I think it was chosen because it has a secondary purpose in that it's loose enough to be a potential maternity dress for Blessing #5.  After all, she made her Christmas visit to Jesus Jail and could very well have received another living, breathing "gift" from Joshie.  If they're no longer "buying used and saving the difference", the next best thing is to make selections that can do double duty.  We'll have to be on bump watch in a month or so.  <sigh>

My thoughts exactly !  Also, Anna is morphing into Michelle right before our eyes. She stands almost bending forward just like her dear MIL with her hands at her side the exact same way. Another way for Anna to become more like her role model is having baby after baby and a pregnancy announcement would not surprise me at all (sicken me but not surprise me).

ETA: just saw the additional pictures - Michael Kors dress, eh? Interesting.... In my opinion,  the bare legs and ankle boots look awful with that dress. I see their friend, the party planner - whatever the hell her name is - is front and center. Who watches her brood ?

Edited by whydoiwatch
  • Love 7

Sierra is a star! She will hang on as long as she can because she wants her own fundie wedding planning show.

Hmm the dress I don't know how I feel about it because Anna is not wearing the belt like the model is. Where does one get money for a MK dress when one doesn't work? I doubt MK gifted it to her as an "ad." 

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 5

It's not available anymore, so she probably bought it at an outlet store or at a clearance sale. It was $225 RRP, but Michael Kors recently settled a class action against him, his recommended retail prices for outlet stuff were inflated to make the actual prices charged look like a good deal.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 4

I imagine the belt is supposed to be tied a bit tighter so the dress accentuates her figure instead of looking like a green potato sack.

You captured the essence exactly!

Was that supposed to be a Fundie fugly dress fashion show? The only one that looks polished is the lovely black woman who has a beautiful white top and simple black skirt=perfection.

Edited to add, hey Cher called she wants her fake fur vests back!!!

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 5

Sierra is a star! She will hang on as long as she can because she wants her own fundie wedding planning show.

Hmm the dress I don't know how I feel about it because Anna is not wearing the belt like the model is. Where does one get money for a MK dress when one doesn't work? I doubt MK gifted it to her as an "ad." 

No lie I would probably watch a fundie wedding show, LOL. Like 4 weddings or bridezillas but with fundies.

I love wedding stuff. 

Anna must have bought that dress in the largest size they had to make it modest....it should fit snug and the waist is hanging off of her. 

• Love 1

It's not available anymore, so she probably bought it at an outlet store or at a clearance sale. It was $225 RRP, but Michael Kors recently settled a class action against him, his recommended retail prices for outlet stuff were inflated to make the actual prices charged look like a good deal.

Ha! Interesting about Kors. I have never understood the fuss. I like his stuff pretty well but it always did seem overpriced. And I have scored a couple of his pieces at TJ Maxx. I digress...

I suppose Anna got it three sizes too big so it would sag past her knees. I need to see a full-length shot. It looks ok on the model.

• Love 7

No lie I would probably watch a fundie wedding show, LOL. Like 4 weddings or bridezillas but with fundies.

I love wedding stuff.

Anna must have bought that dress in the largest size they had to make it modest....it should fit snug and the waist is hanging off of her.

Or - it's a dress she has owned which no longer fits her due to her recent weight loss.

• Love 2

The dress is probably supposed to be worn more like this, a belt on a dress is intended to accentuate and flatter the wearer's waist. Anna's belt is just hanging loose from what I think is the only belt loop.

33zagkh.jpg

It's probably one of those Michael Kors they have in the designer section at TJ's or Marshalls. I must say, I'm a little surprised though. Even though those clothes are heavily discounted, they're still not super cheap.

Anna really should have worn a shaper and tied the belt properly. The dress is actually cute on the models. I also note both models are wearing nude heels, not clunky ankle boots.

• Love 2

The second model barely looked better than Anna, IMO.  Sad excuse for a dress overall.  I don't see the anger in Michelle in any of the photos. 

I do wonder if Michelle feels uncomfortable that the actress is holding JB's arm.

She could have removed the belt altogether if she isn't going to tighten it. But props to her for not wearing a maxi skirt like some of the others in that pic. I think she also had the right idea with the boots. wear black tights and black ankle boots, lose the belt to wear the dress like a shift, and she would look conservativley fashionable. I'm guessing it is cool weather from the jackets and vests. It's good that she is giving things a whirl. Fashion is experiment,  you win and fail. You go girl. I'm not a big Anna fan, since she has seen the worst and insists on keeping the m and m's in that mess, but maybe just testing the waters on clothing is where she needs to start.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 5

The dress looks like it's a setup for a one-woman show about a housewife whose anguish over having no childhood and only myriad betrayals and complete lack of agency lead her to emulate Peter Pan as best she can.

Guest-starring Michelle as Captain Hook.

• Love 6

Let me see if I understand this ... when you are pregnant it is okay to wear trendy, skin-tight clothes that show off every bump and curve.  But when you are without child, you have to walk around in clothes that are three sizes too big and look like you found them on the floor underneath a Marshall's clearance rack?

Ok, just checking. 

See it's something like this: God is the giver of all pregnancy, his reward, to it's OK to show it off because he's the one that did it.  Now if you're not pregnant you're just a piece of bait for all of those men who want to try and get you pregnant so you've got to cover up lest someone get defrauded by your unpregnant beauty.

• Love 11

How can Anna and Josh stay at TTH if he is going to be imprisoned? I think Josh should do the redemption tour. It's all an act IMO, so I think he could go mainstream Christian-sinner finds redemption. Expose Gothardism a tiny bit, maybe point the finger at it to shift blame, and shake JB off, take all the measly profits to invest in a fourplex or something so he and Anna can stay in their gawdly shackles. Anna gets to stay martyred. Josh gets an income and separation from his overlord. I just don't see Josh accepting a position of submission :), for any length of time. Josh has more personality than his idiot bil Bin, and more alpha in him than Derick. He is being insulted, (called out) by his family. I dunno, I think he should turn the tables. For our entertainment anyway.

• Love 8

Being a landlord would suit Josh. Since he never got the lawyer education he once dreamed of, and since it would be terribly hard going to college without Anna stepping up to work and support them for a while, I don't see another way they can live independently of JB.

See it's something like this: God is the giver of all pregnancy, his reward, to it's OK to show it off because he's the one that did it.  Now if you're not pregnant you're just a piece of bait for all of those men who want to try and get you pregnant so you've got to cover up lest someone get defrauded by your unpregnant beauty.

Considering the pickin's, I'd be hoping for a virgin birth too.

• Love 3