Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

So, in the context of The Godfather, Jessa is the Sonny? I don't think there's a Michael to be found in this bunch. They're all shades of Fredo. 😂

[Does Cade read here? I hope he doesn't add The Godfather to his pop culture list of things to destroy.]

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Zella said:

So, in the context of The Godfather, Jessa is the Sonny? I don't think there's a Michael to be found in this bunch. They're all shades of Fredo. 😂

Yep. And as long as people still know The Godfather films when the real "tell-all" book about the current Generation 2 of the Duggars comes out, that'd be a perfect title.    Duggarlings, the next Generation: Shades of Fredo. 

Pitiful, but there it is. 

• LOL 10
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

[Does Cade read here? I hope he doesn't add The Godfather to his pop culture list of things to destroy.]

Until Michael stepped up and told everyone the only way to handle things was to take out the police captain and that he was going to handle that himself, everyone in the Corleone orbit thought Michael was just a "nice college boy". 

Could be Jana steps up to the plate someday.   Maybe it will be one of the forgotten girls riding in the caboose all these years.   Either way has potential entertainment value.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Tikichick said:

Until Michael stepped up and told everyone the only way to handle things was to take out the police captain and that he was going to handle that himself, everyone in the Corleone orbit thought Michael was just a "nice college boy". 

Could be Jana steps up to the plate someday.   Maybe it will be one of the forgotten girls riding in the caboose all these years.   Either way has potential entertainment value.  

She's practicing the moment she gets to quietly close the door in her siblings' faces. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

She's practicing the moment she gets to quietly close the door in her siblings' faces. 

And turns to JB and M and says?

My submission  "Here's Jana!"  in full Jack Nicholson mode to start the hijinks.

Then proceeds to summon her best Bette Davis as Baby Jane ~"You don't think I remember anything, do you?  There are a whole lot of things I remember." 

Next up is her A Few Good Men salute to Jack -- "The truth, you can't handle the truth!"

Back to Bette's Baby Jane for the big finish -- "You aren't ever going to sell this house.  And you aren't ever going to leave it, either"

Turns out Jana's had some time on her hands to catch up on a lot of classic cinema.   Of course Lolli and Pops won't have the slightest clue what she's referencing, but I think they'll still be quivering in their office chairs.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Now I'm trying to figure out which lady is going to be the Kay and have an abortion passed off as a miscarriage.

This has parlor game potential.

My inner entrepreneur is envisioning a Cards Against Humanity style fundies Godfather mashup, but I'm too lazy to make it happen. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
5 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

And turns to JB and M and says?

My submission  "Here's Jana!"  in full Jack Nicholson mode to start the hijinks.

Then proceeds to summon her best Bette Davis as Baby Jane ~"You don't think I remember anything, do you?  There are a whole lot of things I remember." 

Next up is her A Few Good Men salute to Jack -- "The truth, you can't handle the truth!"

Back to Bette's Baby Jane for the big finish -- "You aren't ever going to sell this house.  And you aren't ever going to leave it, either"

Turns out Jana's had some time on her hands to catch up on a lot of classic cinema.   Of course Lolli and Pops won't have the slightest clue what she's referencing, but I think they'll still be quivering in their office chairs.

This is a thing of beauty! I vote that she also goes full Jimmy Cagney and employs the old grapefruit to the face routine at some point.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 2/14/2021 at 11:52 AM, crazy8s said:

any more questions on whether Jessa treats Ben as one of the children since he is dressed to match the boys, while she is not dressed to match Ivy?

I keep thinking about Jessa dressed in a one piece mustard onesie like Ivy and it makes me laugh!  Anything to get Jessa out of her swing dresses!

Speaking of swing dresses, I've never worn them before since I rarely wear dresses. After Thanksgiving, this site gave me an ad for Old Navy, who was having a 50% off sale.  So I bought me two long-sleeved print swing dresses!  With leggings!!!  I only wear them when hanging around the house, which is all the time these days, excepting my daily four mile walk (which I do not wear said swing dress)!

• Love 9

this made me laugh today on Jessa and organizing/packing -

How Do the Duggars Manage Traveling? Not Without the Occasional ‘Home Alone’ Mishap

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-vacation-156258/

From Ireland to China and everywhere in-between, the Duggar family is constantly on a vacation — and no, we're not talking about a mission trip. Jim Bob and Michelle have always been big on that whole family vacay thing, which is stressful enough when it's just you and your brother slapping each other in the back seat of your parents' minivan. Add another 18 siblings on top of that, and you've got one hell of a headache… but hey, it'll be in an exotic location.

Still, the logistics of traveling Duggars still sort of mystifies us, no matter how many countries they go to. Here's what we've learned about their process over the years:

Packing for the gigantic family typically takes over a week… and is left primarily to the women.

At least, that used to be the case. Back in 2011 when the Duggars were about to hit the ski slopes, Jessa explained just how many items of clothing they were bringing… aside from their coats and snowsuits. "This trip we'll probably pack…about 100 pairs of pants," she mused. Add on top of that their 200 shirts, 300 pairs of socks, and 56 shoes, and you've got yourself a traveling Walmart.

Jessa also explained that she was the head of the packing committee — self-appointed, to be fair. "We tried to have the kids pack themselves but I didn't really like the things they picked out," she said. She wrangled Jinger into this horrible task and they had been doing it for at least six years at the time.

Is that the case now that Jessa and Jinger are out of the house and married? Not necessarily. But you can be damn sure Jim Bob and Michelle aren't folding 100 pairs of pants into 40 suitcases.

God, baggage claim must be a nightmare.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Zella said:

And I'm pretty sure none of the J’Slaves saw Anna during the Josh scandal and did Connie’s “that’s your husband, thats’s your husband!” scream. 

• LOL 8

Jessa Expecting Baby 4

"After the heartbreaking loss of a baby last year, we’re overjoyed to share that another little Seewald is on the way!" the couple said in a statement to ET. "The pregnancy is going smoothly, and both baby and Jessa are doing well. We are so grateful to God for the precious gift of a new life! The kids are delighted, and we can hardly wait to welcome this little one into our arms this summer."

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Useful 4
2 minutes ago, sheshark said:

She had a miscarriage last year?  And Ivy is about 1 1/2?  Close.  

Ivy will be two in May. Also... I bet Jessa and Ben will move out of the mold house, and it'll go to Justin and Claire. No way they'll be able to fit four kids in that space. 

Also... Which buddy will announce the gender? I bet they'll move on to Spurge, Henry, Ivy etc doing it from now on. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Tikichick said:

My takeaway is they are in their mid twenties, neither has regular, stable employment or work history or education to support the same -- and baby number four is on the way.   Sounds like a plan.

They don't need jobs. The TLC train is still feeding them. For now, anyway. Also, do they think that we really want to watch another pregnancy of Jessa's? This is no. 4. It definitely gets repetitive. The Duggars will never have anything new for us. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

My takeaway is they are in their mid twenties, neither has regular, stable employment or work history or education to support the same -- and baby number four is on the way.   Sounds like a plan.

Sounds like a Duggar  plan. 

They truly seem to believe they'll be able to prosper as largely uneducated, deliberately-isolated-from-the-world-of-work-and-neighborhood "media stars" grifting their entire livings off of fame well into the lifetimes of Gothard-Generation-Number-Three. 

suppose that's remotely possible in the worship-of-celebrities-who-are-famous-for-nothing society we live in. But it still seems frigging unlikely to me. 

I'd worry about my children and about my own old age, if I were a Duggarling. I'd worry a lot. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

I'm sorry Jessa had a miscarriage. Hopefully the local hospital has plenty of O-negative on hand for when Jessa botches #4's delivery.

Given how miserable and awkward Jessa and Bin were in recent videos, they don't remotely resemble a family who is "overjoyed" to be expecting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
Just now, Churchhoney said:

Sounds like a Duggar  plan. 

They truly seem to believe that they'll keep the ability to prosper as largely uneducated, deliberately-isolated-from-the-world-of-work-and-neighborhood "media stars" grifting their entire livings off of fame well into the lifetimes of Gothard-Generation-Number-Three. 

suppose that's remotely possible in the famous-for-nothing-celebrity-worshipping society we live in. But it seems frigging unlikely to me. 

I'd worry about my children and about my own old age, if I were a Duggarling. I'd worry a lot. 

Amen!   Sadly, they've never been given even the slightest hint that they should do so.   Conveniently JB and M left that entirely out of the curriculum.

• Love 9

Honestly worried for Jessa, considering how dangerous her deliveries have been and how tense her household seems right now. I hope she wises up, but as more and more kids come, I doubt she will. How old is she now anyway? 28ish?

• Love 10

I hope Jessa gets proper pre-natal care and goes to the hospital this time. She has difficult births and could have died twice. But knowing Jessa she won't. She'll just put peroxide on the couch if there are blood stains.

Congrats to them. I guess. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I hope Jessa gets proper pre-natal care and goes to the hospital this time. She has difficult births and could have died twice. But knowing Jessa she won't. She'll just put peroxide on the couch if there are blood stains.

Congrats to them. I guess. 

No, she probably won't, but here's to hoping. 

1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jessa Expecting Baby 4

"After the heartbreaking loss of a baby last year, we’re overjoyed to share that another little Seewald is on the way!" the couple said in a statement to ET. "The pregnancy is going smoothly, and both baby and Jessa are doing well. We are so grateful to God for the precious gift of a new life! The kids are delighted, and we can hardly wait to welcome this little one into our arms this summer."

Overjoyed.... If that expression on Bins face is overjoyed I’d hate to see him disappointed and dead inside!

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

I saw this thread had the "Hot" designation and I didn't even have to guess at what the news was. They are idiots--soon to be 4 kids, no real jobs, a house that is bursting at the seams, a show that is probably going to be canceled soon, and no solid plans for the future. I see Spurgeon becoming even more of a brat trying to get his parent's attention, Henry's speech issues will continue to be ignored, and if the new bundle of joy is a girl, there goes Ivy's special status. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I saw this thread had the "Hot" designation and I didn't even have to guess at what the news was. They are idiots--soon to be 4 kids, no real jobs, a house that is bursting at the seams, a show that is probably going to be canceled soon, and no solid plans for the future. I see Spurgeon becoming even more of a brat trying to get his parent's attention, Henry's speech issues will continue to be ignored, and if the new bundle of joy is a girl, there goes Ivy's special status. 

And another baby’s delivery on that nasty-ass couch, because Jessa is too damn dumb to deliver in a hospital.  If she has complications with this delivery, she could potentially die, which would leave Ben to raise 4 children by himself.  I know that that’s unlikely to happen, but it’s always a possibility with a home birth.  They are idiots who need to shut down the baby-making train.

• Love 10

Jessa confirmed pregnant, Anna appears pregnant. Cue up the announcements for Abbie, Lauren. Claire will be expecting within the next few months if the wedding is april 16

also I am guessing Jessa announced now because Kendra probably had the baby and Jessa needs to take the spotlight

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder if they'll use a T name.. to be able to spell out shit. Ben seems like the immature type to do so. 

Good idea!  I never noticed that.

These people are so messed up.  Churning out kids by the dozen, I can't even imagine.

ETA:  Teresa or Thomas.  Please let it happen.  Next, they can spell out fuck with the next four.

Edited by xwordfanatik
Add a thought
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3

It all seems to have worked out for Anna & Josh, with 6 kids.  Why should Jessa and Ben be more moderate in their family size?   They obviously want them, and seem to be able to support themselves just fine.  

Nobody has ever been able to factually and concretely explain the way any of these families support themselves.  Asking how has been an exercise in futility for years.  I just don't get it.     

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Good idea!  I never noticed that.

These people are so messed up.  Churning out kids by the dozen, I can't even imagine.

ETA:  Teresa or Thomas.  Please let it happen.  Next, they can spell out fuck with the next four.

Teresa is too Catholic.  The only major decision Ben gets to make is the kids' names and I can't see him abdicating that anytime soon nor will he give up his Protestant Heroes of Yore naming.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jessa Expecting Baby 4

ffs.. keep the baby train rolling (and we all thought JILL was having the most sex)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Teresa is too Catholic.  The only major decision Ben gets to make is the kids' names and I can't see him abdicating that anytime soon nor will he give up his Protestant Heroes of Yore naming.

You're probably right.  It's the first name I thought of...how about Tallulah?😄

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Zella said:

I must confess, I'm a johnny come lately! I've only recently drawn this conclusion, but now it's all I can think of whenever she's sharing her "organizational tips" or stories that are supposed to highlight this quality. I am an organized person (though also sort of a messy person--I contain multitudes). But I can usually spot a fellow organizer a mile away. Thus, I have concluded she ain't no organizer. 

I have to say when you called yourself "johnny come lately" I can not get that Eagles song out of my head (New Kid In Town).. I love it.. ETA.. LYIN EYES is probably one of my favorites

Edited by Boston
  • Love 7