Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Actually a “yoke” is a wooden crosspiece that’s fastened over the necks of two animals… or part of a garment that fits over the shoulders….and this is the person in charge of her kids education 🥴

And she thinks she’s so smart 🤣.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

To be fair, he may have been confusing "yolk" with "yoke." He has a history of speech delays as well. That said, Jessa should have been more mindful instead of posting it all on social media.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

To be fair, he may have been confusing "yolk" with "yoke." He has a history of speech delays as well. That said, Jessa should have been more mindful instead of posting it all on social media.

Henry probably was, but Jessa is the one who wrote and shared it. I think she makes all of these “sayings” up as it is.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Would a 5 year old have been exposed to the notion of a yoke? I think he meant yolk, but JESSA screwed up in the writing of her #saying.

Good point. It's most probable that Jessa made the mistake and misspelled the word or used the wrong word.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Henry probably was, but Jessa is the one who wrote and shared it. I think she makes all of these “sayings” up as it is.

Exactly all Henry did was say the word, it was Jessa who wrote it and posted it…. She obviously doesn’t know that an egg “yolk” isn’t spelled “yoke”

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19
59 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Would a 5 year old have been exposed to the notion of a yoke?

Oh, I'm sure Ben has subjected the kids to dry, age-inappropriate sermons on the verse, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers." 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Portia said:

Oh, I'm sure Ben has subjected the kids to dry, age-inappropriate sermons on the verse, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers." 

And poor Henry would be clueless. But he knows what an egg yolk is. This one is solely Jessa's fault.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Would a 5 year old have been exposed to the notion of a yoke? I think he meant yolk, but JESSA screwed up in the writing of her #saying.

One brought up having the Bible read daily and attending church since birth would definitely have heard the word yoke by age five.  There are quite a few references in the Bible to the word and they are usually in context.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Henry called the yolk cheese. He was referring to food. I'm certain he was not talking about a yoke.

In my head yoke and jolk are pronounced the same or al least close depending on your accent..so I think Jessica does not know how to spell.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Teriacky said:

Jessa is not a good speller. Remember Wa La for voilà? 

I was going to mention that, lol. She didn’t even know how to pronounce it, the dumb twunt.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

The irony is that she thinks she's the smartest trick in shoe leather. She thinks that because she can cut a bitch in the comments that she's somehow intellectually superior.

Exactly.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

It makes me wonder if she ever thought that "sayings" of the howlers and lost girls she had to take care of ever tickled her fancy as much as her own kids....?

No, because she makes up all of these “sayings” now to exploit her kids for clicks and money, imo.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It makes me wonder if she ever thought that "sayings" of the howlers and lost girls she had to take care of ever tickled her fancy as much as her own kids....?

Of course not. Jessa birthed these kids so they're 'remarkable' because they're hers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The irony is that she thinks she's the smartest trick in shoe leather. She thinks that because she can cut a bitch in the comments that she's somehow intellectually superior.

Exactly and Spurgeon is developing the same smart alec attitude.

In my opinion Jessa thinks she's so smart because all she's ever had to compare herself to were other dullard Duggars, if she'd gone to public school she would have found out that she was probably middle of the pack and no genius, the same thing is happening with Spurgeon, he thinks he's so clever because all he has to compare himself to is Henry and Ivy, if Spurg was in a class with 20-30 other children he'd realize that he's no Einstein.

It's scary to think about poorly educated Duggars responsible for educating a new generation of poorly educated Duggars (Seewalds)

What level of education does Jessa have?   Did she even get her GED?

At any rate she's obviously not qualified to check their spelling  🙄

• Love 21

Henry looks like he's been crying.

Is that a sneak peek at Jessa's new décor? A white chair in a house with four young kids? Jessa can't keep sheets clean, never mind the way those kids snack no matter where they are - I have no hope for that chair.

We all should send the Seewalds bags of Cheetos, Oreos and M & Ms. 😇😉

• LOL 19

Ha! My parents had chairs like that in the early 1960’s. I was very little and they lasted until I was in sixth grade. (I’m sure they were scrubbed many many many times). At least they can be treated with stain proof stuff now! 

oh, yeah… they probably lasted that long because my mother cleaned the house weekly…

• Love 13
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Is it just me or does Fern look tall for a 9 month old? Without Jessa’s caption I would have thought the kid was a toddler.

Yes, it appears that both of Jessa's girls are on the tall side.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Yes, it appears that both of Jessa's girls are on the tall side.

The women on Ben's side are all tall. I guess that superceded the average to below average height of Jessa and the other female Duggars.

10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The women on Ben's side are all tall. I guess that superceded the average to below average height of Jessa and the other female Duggars.

And Ben’s own short stature. His brother is really tall and is not done growing. Ben just got the chaparrito gene. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Ben's hair and beard look good in the photo with Joe.  Perhaps that was before Jessa started cutting his hair.

Given the color of the ties, I am guessing that was his wedding day. I doubt Jessa touched his hair before then.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Given the color of the ties, I am guessing that was his wedding day. I doubt Jessa touched his hair before then.

One of the D-I-Ls did cut a Duggar male's hair before they were married.  It was in an episode.  Maybe Lauren?  I was surprised such close contact was allowed.  The couple was probably already engaged though.

• Love 3

I don't think Jessa is the "smartest" Duggar. I think that Jill is a limited person but shows more curiosity, which is a marker of intelligence. I could see Jill picking up a book and reading it, whereas I couldn't picture Jessa doing that. 

• Love 13

I may be making this up, but I thought I saw a picture of Joy cutting Bin's hair before he and Jessa were married (and therefore before she and Austin were married). People commented that there was more chemistry between Joy and Bin than there was between Jessa and Bin.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I would say all the Duggars are of average intelligence. I would also say not one of the sisters are motivated to learn anything once married.

I’m not counting a Jill out, but Jessa for sure. 

• Love 8
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Jessa, Jinger, and Joy for sure. I’m surprised that Jeremy hasn’t “strongly encouraged” Jinger to take some classes. It could be embarrassing for him to have such a dim wife with no more than a 9th grade education. Jessa thinks she knows it all already, and Joy is just a simpleton.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I doubt #3 is their last baby and Jill has shown learning is either hard for her or she has never really been serious about it. So, I'm counting Jill out for the next five years or so at least, and truthfully probably forever.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Jessa, Jinger, and Joy for sure. I’m surprised that Jeremy hasn’t “strongly encouraged” Jinger to take some classes. It could be embarrassing for him to have such a dim wife with no more than a 9th grade education. Jessa thinks she knows it all already, and Joy is just a simpleton.

I find that a lot of highly educated men (and Jeremy considers himself such), often fall into opposite ends--they either marry women who are also highly educated, or they go for the bubble headed simpletons that keep their physical and domestic needs met. Jeremy education is about preaching and ministry--a woman with more than a 9th grade education would be too much for his ego to handle. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I doubt #3 is their last baby and Jill has shown learning is either hard for her or she has never really been serious about it. So, I'm counting Jill out for the next five years or so at least, and truthfully probably forever.

Jill strikes me as the type that gets really enthusiastic about a topic and then quickly loses interest once she notices how much work it entails. Whether that's because she gets discouraged over her lack of education or that's just how she is--and I'm not knocking that, since I got all into Mari Kondo for like a week before I went back to my messy ways--I just don't see her as any more likely to pursue an education than any other Duggar. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15