Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Paper dolls, oh my!!

They have a lot of young followers.  Whereas a non-Christian 12- or 13-year old would be too old for something like that, I'm sure Jessa's young fundy followers would love it.

3 hours ago, Mollie said:

Do you mean a sex tape?  That's what started it all for Kim.

I know that's what started it for Kim, but I think Jessa could skip over that and go straight to the lip gloss.  :-)

• Love 4

Looks like Benessa had to fly commercial to Ben's speaking engagement today (and left the kids behind, hence the pic of Henry with Boob yesterday). Boob must have flown home early; JD was already there to make sure the Howlers didn't sin. What a boring week for him! It's not as if he could coach.

At any rate, the  Duggar plane is currently enrolled route to TN, presumably to drop off some of the Bateses who also attended the basketball camp in Ft. Wayne. 

• Love 1

If Marjorie can find an audience for her devotionals, Jessa and the other Duggar girls could certainly do so. This is why the girls need to ditch Jim Bob and get a real agent. I'm sure Kirk Cameron could point them to a Godly Christian agent who would help them cash in on their current fame. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

If Marjorie can find an audience for her devotionals, Jessa and the other Duggar girls could certainly do so. This is why the girls need to ditch Jim Bob and get a real agent. I'm sure Kirk Cameron could point them to a Godly Christian agent who would help them cash in on their current fame. 

They might not earn nearly as well as Marjorie, though, since they'd have to hire both a ghostwriter and a ghost (or even a credited) artist. You don't make that much from books, but you sure make more if you can do the writing and illustrating to a professional level yourself. Marjorie can. No way the Duggars can. And they already have experience with the fairly limited cash you get with book earnings and the fact that you do have to skim at least a little off the top of that for your ghosts and illustrators. I'd be surprised if that's not near the very bottom of the list of "moneymakers to try" at this point. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't think Duggar followers who would want to emulate them have a lot of discretionary income. Combine that with the fact that not one Duggar has a true talent or deep knowledge in anything, I think they're shit out of luck with having anything more successful than their show.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think Duggar followers who would want to emulate them have a lot of discretionary income. Combine that with the fact that not one Duggar has a true talent or deep knowledge in anything, I think they're shit out of luck with having anything more successful that their show.

What?  Don't you think they could find an audience for their group violin playing?  HaHaHaHaHa...

• Love 9
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think Duggar followers who would want to emulate them have a lot of discretionary income. Combine that with the fact that not one Duggar has a true talent or deep knowledge in anything, I think they're shit out of luck with having anything more successful than their show.

Yeah, their chance at getting "a brand" died when/because they're insistent upon coming across as such nitwitty dilettantes.  It's hard to be the fundie Martha Stewart if you can't cook, garden, arrange flowers, craft, etc., with any celerity... even home renovation, they could brand themselves if they were actually any good at it.  They need a hook.

• Love 10

Cute! He still looks very worried, though...seems as though if he had eyebrows, they'd be pressing upward in a baby version of a furrowed brow. Little Henry appears as though he might have some wisdom and discernment there!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, louannems said:

Jessa's little Henry looks so much less potato- sacky looking in his hat. He is finally growing into a real cutie!

Adorable. Also looks like he's plotting world destruction. Go for it, kid. 

• Love 15
(edited)

I think the Seewalds have to leave the commune. If they can do that, I think they could make some money and spread their ministry. JB thinks only about himself and the family as a single organism. They need to think of their own family. Bin is breaking a Gothard Rule. He does not work for himself. It's time. 

OK, so Jessa doesn't know how to cook, = make learning the focus of the youtube video. Use a brand of something to get the advertising integrated. Take a lesson from Bin. When he was horrible singing he laughed. Those episodes will bring in more viewers. IF you fail, keep the footage, laugh and post. 

OK so Jessa isn't exactly a fashion plate = research and HIRE (means pay them) a stylist. Eventually, she would learn all the tricks of the trade. 

She can sprinkle this with how she parents, her relationship with Bin, soft advertising for dinners out etc. 

The Kardashians really hit the jackpot with aps, cosmetics and other marketable items. 

Jessa could invest in a small t-shirt shop (they can even make them from home with a simple silk screen operation). She could sell those t-shirts similar to what Bin wears. She can make men, Baby t-s or ladies. If she is successful, she can grow it into other clothing items manufactured by outside sources. Why shill for other t-shirt companies.

They can sell small items, like bookmarks, keychains etc. 

The problem is JB. They even have the same Blog styles. The same font etc. They need to let go before they lose those almost 2 million followers on Instagram. 

They are being disloyal to their own growing family, for the sake of JB and his dreams. 

Just adding

She will have to plan outfits for events like after parties for weddings. Her image would be her advertsing. Not sure if that is one of the main issues they have with moving along, just no ambition. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 6

Did you catch on the recent Joy 2 hour special...

Jessa giving joy some advice about her hair?  She was trying to sound all fashionista.  Getting ready for her Modern Modesty Seminar. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I think the Seewalds have to leave the commune. If they can do that, I think they could make some money and spread their ministry. JB thinks only about himself and the family as a single organism. They need to think of their own family. Bin is breaking a Gothard Rule. He does not work for himself. It's time. 

OK, so Jessa doesn't know how to cook, = make learning the focus of the youtube video. Use a brand of something to get the advertising integrated. Take a lesson from Bin. When he was horrible singing he laughed. Those episodes will bring in more viewers. IF you fail, keep the footage, laugh and post. 

OK so Jessa isn't exactly a fashion plate = research and HIRE (means pay them) a stylist. Eventually, she would learn all the tricks of the trade. 

She can sprinkle this with how she parents, her relationship with Bin, soft advertising for dinners out etc. 

The Kardashians really hit the jackpot with aps, cosmetics and other marketable items. 

Jessa could invest in a small t-shirt shop (they can even make them from home with a simple silk screen operation). She could sell those t-shirts similar to what Bin wears. She can make men, Baby t-s or ladies. If she is successful, she can grow it into other clothing items manufactured by outside sources. Why shill for other t-shirt companies.

They can sell small items, like bookmarks, keychains etc. 

The problem is JB. They even have the same Blog styles. The same font etc. They need to let go before they lose those almost 2 million followers on Instagram. 

They are being disloyal to their own growing family, for the sake of JB and his dreams. 

Just adding

She will have to plan outfits for events like after parties for weddings. Her image would be her advertsing. Not sure if that is one of the main issues they have with moving along, just no ambition. 

I totally misread the bolded sentence. Off to the prayer closet for me. *whistles*

I liked Jessa's Father's Day letter to Ben. She thanked him for changing diapers, paying attention to the boys, playing with them and reading to them. It's on her Instagram but I don't know how to link.  It seems at least one Duggar offshoot family is not so steeped in the patriarchy and is actually capable of getting along.  Of course, that's just an impression and could be far from the truth.

• Love 11

I saw that and my first thought was that somebody wrote it for her. The sentiments may have come from Jessa, but the grammar and spelling was way too good to have been penned by a Duggar. Unless Jessa's smarter than we thought.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I liked Jessa's Father's Day letter to Ben. She thanked him for changing diapers, paying attention to the boys, playing with them and reading to them. It's on her Instagram but I don't know how to link.  It seems at least one Duggar offshoot family is not so steeped in the patriarchy and is actually capable of getting along.  Of course, that's just an impression and could be far from the truth.

Here you go

http://theseewaldfamily.com/2017/6/happy-father-s-day-ben

• Love 2

"You're never too tired after a hard days work to take on Spurgeon in a wrestling match. "

She did forget the apostrophe in day's, though yeah, overall it was pretty literate (and sweet). But what "hard work" is Ben doing, exactly?

• Love 9

Scrubbing his FIL's toilets is tough, y'all! And Jessa implies that Ben also went to school. Not buying that he did any units this past spring with a newborn in the house, although if anyone could do it, it's a healthy 21/22 year old.

• Love 1

I'm sure Ben is a great father for a fundy guy. Jessa got really lucky she got a husband who was easy to mold into what she wanted and white, and a kid who wont tire of children because he was a child himself. Also, he barely works idk why she is painting him as the hardworking man of the house.

I don't really understand why she couldn't just write him a letter directly since she is the father of her children. You don't have to wait for husband's day, Jessa. You can appreciate your husband as the father of your children.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I don't really understand why she couldn't just write him a letter directly since she is the father of her children.

My Facebook feed was filled with Father's day posts from mothers appreciating their husbands. 

• Love 4

The Ben We Never Knew

Ben's appearance at the Evangelism Reformation Conference on the 16th and 17th came with this bio of him:

"Ben grew up as the eldest of seven children whose parents taught them of Christ from a young age. However, his dreams of becoming a football star became all consuming, and it wasn’t until his mid-teens that he realized his passions were for self-glory instead of God’s glory."

How could Ben possibly imagine himself as a football star since he was homeschooled and had never played on a school football team?  Being a football star isn't even a possibility for a kid who never went to school.  And how could those dreams become "all consuming?"   The only time Ben ever played football on a team was when he took a couple of courses at a community college when he was 17 and he was a complete failure.  He couldn't compete against kids who had played on school teams in junior and senior high school.  But that bio makes it sound like he was well on his way toward becoming some kind of football star.  That's completely phony.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Isn't that Ben in his wedding suit in his bio pic? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

http://evangelismreformation.com/

And I think his bio also revealed his "job," such as an internship can be for those lucky enough not to need a position that actually pays real money. 

Voddie and Scottie Brown are just vile. I don't know anything about the rest of these characters. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
I know where the apostrophe goes, really!
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The Ben We Never Knew

Ben's appearance at the Evangelism Reformation Conference on the 16th and 17th came with this bio of him:

"Ben grew up as the eldest of seven children whose parents taught them of Christ from a young age. However, his dreams of becoming a football star became all consuming, and it wasn’t until his mid-teens that he realized his passions were for self-glory instead of God’s glory."

How could Ben possibly imagine himself as a football star since he was homeschooled and had never played on a school football team?  Being a football star isn't even a possibility for a kid who never went to school.  And how could those dreams become "all consuming?"   The only time Ben ever played football on a team was when he took a couple of courses at a community college when he was 17 and he was a complete failure.  He couldn't compete against kids who had played on school teams in junior and senior high school.  But that bio makes it sound like he was well on his way toward becoming some kind of football star.  That's completely phony.  

Oh!  But it makes such a "Good Testimony To The Lord!!!). It's more Born Again sounding than the actual truth.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

My Facebook feed was filled with Father's day posts from mothers appreciating their husbands. 

Yes, but Jessa wrote the letter from Spurgeon and Henry's point of view. She said something like "I know it's father's day and not husband's day but I'm writing you a letter for Henry and Spurge" idk I thought that was weird.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

The Ben We Never Knew

There are homeschool kids who play on district football teams and do whatever it is that football players do. My son has two friends who play; one is doing really well and they are hoping for a scholarship.  I know of two homeschool school district basketball players. 

The rules vary from district to district. It is up to their discretion solely.   

I have no idea about Ben,  I don't remember too much about his homeschool experience and most of what they say is all exaggerations, as you pointed out. Probably why I tune them out. You would think I would pay more attention since I homeschool but I know they are mostly full of crap stories. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

"You're never too tired after a hard days work to take on Spurgeon in a wrestling match. "

She did forget the apostrophe in day's, though yeah, overall it was pretty literate (and sweet). But what "hard work" is Ben doing, exactly?

Duggar Definitions. 

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Mollie said:

The Ben We Never Knew

Well, he did play on a team that must be tied to some homeschool league or other. There are pretty many non-school-linked or non-public-school-linked athletic groups out there that provide teams for kids in an area who otherwise wouldn't have access. Many but not all are just created by and for an area's homeschoolers. (and these days a certain number of homeschoolers play on public-school teams, as well. Tim Tebow, anyone? .... Bin didn't, though.)

I think the description I'd choose for this story is not so much "phony" as -- Child Bin's Sweet Muddleheaded Delusions About His Athletic Ability..... and he's still that child, too. Plus, he wants to be a rapper and a pop star in addition to a football player. (and megachurch minister). ..... 

This is another beef I have with them being on television. Because of those checks-for-nothing that come in, I expect Bin still is able to cling onto these really quire delusional fuzzy dreams of how his adult life will be, at least to some extent. That's dangerous for a 21-22-year-old who already has two kids and (apparently) is "planning" for a bunch more. At some point he, like the other guys, is going to have to get serious about actually earning a living. And as more Duggar boys come of age, I'm thinking the "jobs" that Jim Bob can supply to sons-in-law are likely to dwindle. 

10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And I think his bio also revealed his "job," such as an internship can be for those lucky enough not to need a position that actually pays real money. 

Voddie and Scottie Brown are just vile. I don't know anything about the rest of these characters. 

Wondering if "reformation" there is code for "more Calvinism comin' atcha." Thinking it probably is. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

From Prickly's message to Boob, one of the too many things she is thankful for:

-for financially investing into family pets and teaching us responsibility in caring for them;

What a crock of shit. Duggar arrogance continues to astound me.

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

From Prickly's message to Boob, one of the too many things she is thankful for:

-for financially investing into family pets and teaching us responsibility in caring for them;

What a crock of shit. Duggar arrogance continues to astound me.

I missed that one, though I did sort of skim through chunks. Had to wonder, at times, whether it was a list of things Boob actually did or some sort of wish list...Not going back to pick out specifics, but I know there a few things in there which I was surprised she was even familiar with the concept of, much less experienced while growing up. Maybe there WAS a time, when there were far fewer kids, that they did all experience that level of involvement with at least their father. As others have said (I don't actually watch the show), he has always seemed to have shown more love and individual attention than Michelle has. Fundy stuff aside, if they'd kept their brood within manageable bounds, these kids might have grown up so much differently!

Jessa's writing seems to have gotten better, too, it seems. I wonder if there are actual books she has access to and reads. Even the Beatrix Potter that Bin was reading to the boys would be a step in the right direction...

• Love 4
(edited)

Of course, it's quite possible Jessa didn't write that. She's one of the most media savvy Duggars, Bin's def into the fame thing too. They may have discovered that you can get people to help you with media stuff. Have they recently toned down the hellfire and brimstone Biblical postings? I don't follow them - life's too short - but based on what I've seen here I think that Jessa's been posting more adorable Spurgie and baby stuff and less arrogant preaching.

So they could be getting both good advice on what to post, and help with writing it.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 7

-for the example of how you've reached out and invested into the lives of others, from the beginning of your marriage and still continuing till this day (opening your home to homeless, church bus ministry, personally bringing people to church, leading bible studies, hospitality, love, giving financially, spiritual encouragement);

Bull fucking shit. The whole thing is an idealized list of the kind of father Jim Bob thinks he is. I guess Jessa doesn't think other father do things for this children.

Not a lot of thanking him for protecting her from molestation, giving her dignity, etc.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jessa's message to Jim Bob (it's looooong!)

http://www.theseewaldfamily.com/2017/6/happy-father-s-day-dad

It's also a year old. I remember that from last year. 

As for Ben's speaking gig, the two other speakers I recognized were affiliated with Vision Forum in the past, and VF definitelyleaned Calvinist. Ben's toned down the fire and brimstone, at least publicly, but this gig is confirmation that he still leans that way in his theology.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ben has to do that internship as part of his correspondence courses at Moody Bible Institute.  I guess he couldn't get Cross Church to accept him so he has to drive 20 minutes to Siloam Springs and go to Harvard Avenue Baptist Church that none of the Duggars attend.  

https://www.moody.edu/academics/global-and-cultural-learning-opportunities/field-education/

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not surprised that the internship is for school; I actually assumed that was the case. I think everyone who's been to college has had to do field work/internships at one time or another. I was just saying that it must be nice to do that in lieu of real work, since money isn't an issue for him. 

eta: If I were to guess, I'd say that the following is Ben' major. It's the only online concentration that requires a formal internship: 

https://www.moody.edu/moody-bible-institute-distance-learning/undergraduate-programs/b-s-in-ministry-leadership/

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm not surprised that the internship is for school; I actually assumed that was the case. I think everyone who's been to college has had to do field work/internships at one time or another. I was just saying that it must be nice to do that in lieu of real work, since money isn't an issue for him. 

eta: If I were to guess, I'd say that the following is Ben' major. It's the only online concentration that requires a formal internship: 

https://www.moody.edu/moody-bible-institute-distance-learning/undergraduate-programs/b-s-in-ministry-leadership/

"Bachelor of SCIENCE in Ministry Leadership"

*eye twitch*

• Love 24

Right? Only 9 units required in behavioral/social sciences. That's pretty weak for a BS, especially since Ben probably got those credits at the JuCo, so they're not even upper division. I have more science credits than that, and I was an English major, with the caveat that I *did* change majors mid-stream. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Right? Only 9 units required in behavioral/social sciences. That's pretty weak for a BS, especially since Ben probably got those credits at the JuCo, so they're not even upper division. I have more science credits than that, and I was an English major, with the caveat that I *did* change majors mid-stream. 

Well, from this -- 

"The BSML is designed to provide a theological and practical foundation for ministry through courses in ministry leadership, congregational dynamics, leadership development, and ministry practice.  

"The BSML is created for students who: 

"want to pursue academic goals and keep commitments to family, work and church

"are actively involved in the local church, parachruch and other Christian organizations"

...it looks to me as if this is a degree for people who are not only working stiffs but are working stiffs who are also doing a lot of work in some church or "parachruch" (I hate being picky about typos, but seriously, people, you're an institution of higher learning...) or the like....

Anyway -- looks to me as if it might be a somewhat lighter program academically because they intend it mainly for people who are too damn busy with actual work to do more and who also have a certain level of ministry-type work experience already  and possibly even some prior ministry-type education. 

As far as I know, none of that applies to Bin, however. Is he "actively involved" in some church or Christian organization that we don't know about? ... Or is he thinking of the TTH TeeVee Ministry as his ministerial gig that qualifies him for the program? (my guess is yes) 

Am I missing something? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4