Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I wonder if this is part of the reason that JB is having such a hard time marrying his daughters to Gothard boys. I don't know enough about Gothardism to be sure, but I would think that his obsession on gender roles and "help-meets" would lead Gothard boys to expect that their future wives can keep house - including cooking and cleaning.

Maybe for some of the more 'elite' Gothardites like the Paynes, Bates, etc. AKA the ones that still think a little. However, I'm a firm believer that no matter what dogma they spout, men are men. They choose who they're attracted to and allowed to pursue. Most think they can turn a 'whore into a housewife' to quote the old saying, or translated into a less vulgar term - if they're attracted to a girl, they'll bend the rules as to if they can cook, clean, can take care of kids, are genuinely following Christ's teachings (or Gothards). Then they expect them to fit the mold after marriage. 

Clarified to add I don't think any of these girls are promiscuous or anything, but I absolutely don't think most of them possess the homemaking skills they all say are of utmost importance. 

• Love 3

It was joked about at Erin's bridal shower that age couldn't cook. Remember when Jinger went with Jessa to Guinn Seewalds house to bake pies with his sisters for Bin? She was trying her best to look so domesticated. Bet Jinger had to help her out a bit.

• Love 1
(edited)

I gather than Jessa is getting these messipes online. Probably from that Christian weight loss blog Trim Healthy Mama (edited to corrrect); they're a huge deal in the fundie world. Zsu is also a fan of theirs. At any rate, I just wanted to quickly mention that I've been in an anti-Rachael Ray group for over 10 years, and somehow I was always "given" the Kwanzaa Kake for my birthday. One of my friends posted the atrocity to my wall just this past Sunday. Oh, Aunt Sandy, how I miss you! 

At any rate, I think Jessa's realm for cooking and recipe gathering is pretty narrow. It still boggles the mind that they had to google to figure out how to make mashed potatoes. 

Her casserole (if it could even be considered that, since there was no sauce) looked (and probably tasted) like ass. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I wonder if this is part of the reason that JB is having such a hard time marrying his daughters to Gothard boys. I don't know enough about Gothardism to be sure, but I would think that his obsession on gender roles and "help-meets" would lead Gothard boys to expect that their future wives can keep house - including cooking and cleaning.

It certainly could be a factor. I kind of think JB himself is the main factor, though!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's really telling that not even the beta Gothard boys don't want anything to do with the Duggars. The alpha Gothardites, like TFDW, looked elsewhere. 

Boob is such a tool! Really, who wants to have Boob for a FIL or Joshley for a BIL and listening to the shrieking of all those Howler Monkeys?  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's really telling that not even the beta Gothard boys don't want anything to do with the Duggars. The alpha Gothardites, like TFDW, looked elsewhere. 

It makes you wonder what sort of inside information they have that we don't. 

• Love 6

I watched about 10 seconds of that video, and bloody hell, she doesn't know what knife to choose, she has no idea how to hold it properly and has zero cooking and chopping skills.

What does she DO all day? If after at least a year and a bit of marriage and having no job she can't even chop some potatoes..........why are the Duggars so learn resistant??

• Love 12

I know someone who was on 3 of the baking cupcakes and casks shows three times very recently and she won the first two.  So the other contsstemts were not pleased to see her again.  But all the contestants were given some pre made things before the show and my friends noticed the last imd, she was not given the pre made stuff so she knew it was her time to go.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Micks Picks said:

I know someone who was on 3 of the baking cupcakes and casks shows three times very recently and she won the first two.  So the other contsstemts were not pleased to see her again.  But all the contestants were given some pre made things before the show and my friends noticed the last imd, she was not given the pre made stuff so she knew it was her time to go.

And once again it makes me wonder how much of any reality shows are real. Apparently one reality show had a completely fake prom that pretended to be the reality star's actual prom. We can all pick out sequences in episodes of the Duggars that are obviously producer driven and have little or no relationship to their "real" lives. 

• Love 1

2 questions about the cooking video.

I'm not a cooking expert either but is Jessa using a bread knife to chop vegetables?

And

Did Jessa Duggar Seewald really just say, "Shits going all over." Or did I hear that wrong?

2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

2 questions about the cooking video.

I'm not a cooking expert either but is Jessa using a bread knife to chop vegetables?

And

Did Jessa Duggar Seewald really just say, "Shits going all over." Or did I hear that wrong?

Well, that's 6 1/2 minutes I'll never get back.

But on the plus side I'm not hungry anymore. Raw meat? Really? I haven't made casseroles in years but I think I remember always browning the meat.

I wouldn't call that a bread knife. I don't think those were serrations but rather gaps that keep what's being cut from sticking to the knife. That said, her knife skills... Someone count her fingers.

And I was so horrified watching that mess I forgot to listen for, "Shit's going all over. lol

But don't forget, food right out of the oven is HOT, y'all!

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

But don't forget, food right out of the oven is HOT, y'all!

But while a cat who's once sat on a hot stove lid will never sit on a hot stove again (or a cold one either -- says Mr. Twain), will Jessa bite into a casserole just out of a 400 degree oven again? You betcha. She's probably done it already.

I'm sure this is an FU Internetz video plus an audition for a new job, but it sure does nothing to counteract the view that Duggars are terminally lazy, kinda stupid and ignorant on purpose.

• Love 3

You would think that being on TV for years, Jana would be more comfortable while cooking in front of the camera.  Yesterday I watched Trisha's (Yearwood) Southern Kitchen & she had her teenage nephew helping her during one of the segments.  Granted he was only brushing zucchini strips with oil & not doing the main talking, but he was relaxed & at ease.  Much more so than any of the Duggar gals, especially Jill & Jana with the rice & Jana & her cutting skills.  As I've said before, I'm sure most of us had to learn our cooking skills when we went out on our own or got married.  Whatever happened to the "Practice makes progress" line  that MEchelle & Anna preached or was that only for baby making? 

• Love 1
On June 25, 2016 at 0:27 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Yes and seriously, I have a husband who came from a big Italian family with lots of elderly women who basically spend their entire waking moments cooking, shopping to cook, planning events to cook, etc. They constantly mail cookies, deliver meals, feed church and community members, etc. You can' be near them without getting fed.

So........basically, he's (and his siblings, cousins, basically anyone in a three mile range) never in his life be required to cook to feed himself. They were all shooed out of the kitchen if they tried. However, all of the younger (as in under 50) crown can follow a recipe and cook. If they decide they want some spaghetti or apple pie or mashed potatoes or whatever, they can all say 'hey, mashed potatoes, let's clean and boil some potatoes, peel them, and mash them. Hmmm butter might taste good. Still see lumps, let's mash some more.' It's not rocket science. Even the three year olds who can't read can look at a box of muffin mix and see it needs two eggs, a cup of oil, and stir. 

Jinger seemed to know how to bake bread, so there's some hope for her, but i'm still  baffled by the whole scene of Jill freaking out and needing to call Jana to make minute rice, and then them both looking confused. 

To be fair, couldn't this be "genetic talent"?  I ask this because it's always been striking that in my family, the paternal side cooks everything appalling and the maternal side are all excellent.  I required practice in some things like not scorching the bottom of the pan of cream, but I can follow hundreds of standard recipes and turn out edible food, and I likewise wasn't allowed to touch much of anything growing up.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

You would think that being on TV for years, Jana would be more comfortable while cooking in front of the camera.  Yesterday I watched Trisha's (Yearwood) Southern Kitchen & she had her teenage nephew helping her during one of the segments.  Granted he was only brushing zucchini strips with oil & not doing the main talking, but he was relaxed & at ease.  Much more so than any of the Duggar gals, especially Jill & Jana with the rice & Jana & her cutting skills.  As I've said before, I'm sure most of us had to learn our cooking skills when we went out on our own or got married.  Whatever happened to the "Practice makes progress" line  that MEchelle & Anna preached or was that only for baby making? 

I'm not sure that living in The House of Spies you're ever at ease, in front of a tv camera or not. Having grown up in a house of spies myself, I can say that I was never ever at ease. And, decades later, I'm still very very seldom fully at ease, no matter what's going on. And people can tell. They can see it.

So it's possible that it's not a tv thing but just that they may have their alert signals set on high at all times. Makes you stiff, awkward, stilted, etc. No matter what.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, queenanne said:

To be fair, couldn't this be "genetic talent"?  I ask this because it's always been striking that in my family, the paternal side cooks everything appalling and the maternal side are all excellent.  I required practice in some things like not scorching the bottom of the pan of cream, but I can follow hundreds of standard recipes and turn out edible food, and I likewise wasn't allowed to touch much of anything growing up.

Could be, but.....they're told from birth that their most important role and the focus of their training is to be a successful homemaker. By now, minute rice from a box and dump and heat casseroles shouldn't be an uncomprehensible concept. 

How does that quote go about if you put a monkey in front of a typewrite for a long enough time, it will eventually be able to type out the Bible? Maybe they need a monkey. Like a real monkey. Not the Howler boys.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

How does that quote go about if you put a monkey in front of a typewrite for a long enough time, it will eventually be able to type out the Bible?

It's Shakespeare, not the Bible. But, same difference.

• Love 2

I saw this yesterday, and those ballet flats are STILL bugging the hell out of me. Girl really needs some supportive shoes. Ben is wearing some; why can't she? 

Oh right. It's a Made for Leghumpers shot. The hair also needs to be at least in a pony, if not a bun. She could really fuck up her neck with her hair like that if she were to drop that barbell at the wrong time. Or do they take 3 hours off every day to spot each other? 

• Love 2
(edited)

She looks like an idiot in a pencil skirt and flats lifting weights. The skintight shirt that Is so thin and stretched that I can see her belly button is oh so modest. Also what's with the long sleeves in the middle of summer? 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 11

i don't find that outfit to be very modest. The shirt is very sexy and shows off the boobs. The skirt is OK but if you work out in a skirt, you need a workout skirt with shorts sewn into it (which I have worn myself so I speak from experience).  The shoes are stark raving mad!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad to see Jessa doing something other than packing and cleaning closets (pre-marriage). Now she can cook slop and weight lift in inappropriate outfits. Things are looking up at the Seewald house! 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I truly hope that was photo purposes only.

I don't think so. It had a comment on "don't forget about leg day" ( Comment written by the poster, not a comment from a reader)

Her shirt is an athletic shirt; it has the Nike swish emblem, which I find hysterical.

I think that dumb ass lifted weights in those shoes. WTF, Ben?????  Teach jessa that you need SNEAKERS for weight lifting.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I saw this yesterday, and those ballet flats are STILL bugging the hell out of me. Girl really needs some supportive shoes. Ben is wearing some; why can't she? 

Oh right. It's a Made for Leghumpers shot. The hair also needs to be at least in a pony, if not a bun. She could really fuck up her neck with her hair like that if she were to drop that barbell at the wrong time. Or do they take 3 hours off every day to spot each other? 

It's funny because every gym I've ever been to has clearly posted guidelines about dress and proper footwear, especially in the free weights area, but of course the Duggar have to everything a little differently...

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I truly hope that was photo purposes only.

It looks like clowning for the camera to me. Ben's obviously the one kitted out for weight lifting. Jessa doesn't even have gloves on. 

+1 to the snark about the (not) modest outfit she's wearing. Totally shows her shape - bewbs, belly and all. What would Mr. Gothard say??

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

She looks like an idiot in a pencil skirt and flats lifting weights. The skintight shirt that Is so thin and stretched that I can see her belly button is oh so modest. Also what's with the long sleeves in the middle of summer? 

Any chance this is an older photo? Why would she be dressed in that long-sleeve shirt in hot, sticky Arkansas summer? Could it be pre-pregnancy and that's why she looks slim? But then OP noticed her big rack (lol), due to baby. Maybe one of those "heat wicking" shirts?

• Love 1

I hoped it was a photo joke but Jessa has on an athletic shirt.  It looks like this is her work out outfit. 

Does it surprise anyone she thinks working out in flats is OK?  Those Duggar girls hiked through El Salvador in flip flops.  The guide even corrected them and suggested they wear closed toe shoes and the voice over was "Us Duggar girls can do anything in flip flops" 

I believe that is the gym equipment in Duggarville in one of their buildings.   Joy was photographed working out also. In sneakers with a skirt and yoga pants under it.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Agreed on the hair, but my hope is that she was posing with the rack, not about to squat. As far as the shoes go, wearing flat shoes can be ok for squatting-I usually do all my weightlifting barefoot at home and in Vibram FiveFingers if I am in a gym, so flats wouldn't shock me (and frankly, I wouldn't go barefoot anywhere near the Duggar compound). 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, questionfear said:

Agreed on the hair, but my hope is that she was posing with the rack, not about to squat.

This is almost certain because had she actually attempted a squat using that form, she'd be in the hospital right now.

• Love 3

Anyone think it's funny that none of us are sure whether this photo is a joke or real?????  :)  How can a weight lifting photo be misconstrued?????

A joke should clearly be a joke but with these clowns, no one knows if this is real life or not...their life is always bordering on "is this a joke?" or "is this even real?"

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Anyone think it's funny that none of us are sure whether this photo is a joke or real?????  :)  How can a weight lifting photo be misconstrued?????

A joke should clearly be a joke but with these clowns, no one knows if this is real life or not...their life is always bordering on "is this a joke?" or "is this even real?"

I know, right? With anyone else you'd know right away it's a joke, but the Duggars really are stupid enough to lift weights in ballet flats, skirts and loose scraggly hair all over the place.

• Love 8

Her shirt is an athletic shirt; it has the Nike swish emblem, which I find hysterical.

NIKE!!!!!!!!  One must be reminded of dangers wherever you go.  Nike!!!!  Anyway, if Muslim women wearing a hajab (spell?) can wear pants, and their swimsuits are also long pants, than why does these girls wearing cartons of makeup need to wear skirts??? Is this a Gotthard idiocy?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

NIKE!!!!!!!!  One must be reminded of dangers wherever you go.  Nike!!!!  Anyway, if Muslim women wearing a hajab (spell?) can wear pants, and their swimsuits are also long pants, than why does these girls wearing cartons of makeup need to wear skirts??? Is this a Gotthard idiocy?

Well, the skirts are a two fold issue.

1. Modest

2. Not wearing anything that "pertains to a man."

Deut 22:5  The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.

I have no idea about Islam. Is it a modesty issue? 

Edited by Marigold
awkward wording
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Well pants would hide feet. And feet seem to be a Gothard fetish. So I would go with Gothard idiocy.

• Love 2
On June 24, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Churchhoney said:

That's not a recipe. It's a crime against nature.

That's some of the nastiest-looking shit I've ever seen.  The main reason you brown ground beef BEFOREHAND is so the rest of the ingredients aren't swimming in beef fat.  But nothing could have saved that hot mess.  It was doomed from the get go.  Blessa gets a big fat F at recipe development.

• Love 8

They're not smart people who are capable of putting things into context, and they also pick and choose.

How many times have we seen Jill and Jessa going on about wearing their husbands shirts when pregnant bc they fit better -AKA men's clothing. 

Next point - OT men usually wore robes and tunics. Not pants. However, they seem to be able to move up 2000 years with men's fashions and accept pants as legit mensware. However, women are stuck in perpetual skirtdom, even in impractical situations. 

Just buy pants in the women's department, like most women do, and therefore they pertaineth to a womaneth, and you won't kill yourselves hiking or weightlifting. 

• Love 19