Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I wonder if anyone has approached Bin about Josh's old job at the FRC? There is an opening as the face of youthful hate-mongering for Jesus, and I think that Bin is well qualified. He makes a lot more sense as someone who can reach out to young evangelicals -- plus he's a lot more presentable than Josh, he has an AA, and he's ambitious. 

I wish the college would send Bin a new diploma with "Canceled"  stamped across the front of it. Then he'd have one less credential for whatever ugliness it is he plans to do with his life. 

• Love 6

Msblossom - that's EXACTLY why there can't be a show. You'll get double and triple entendres no matter what, and it will crush any writer alive. Soon, puns will be all the writer will think about...

• Love 5

I'm really shocked that Jessa isn't all over the internets announcing the gender of her baby! What kind of famewhore is she!? I guess she is letting Famy have the spotlight for a while.

I'm really shocked that Jessa isn't all over the internets announcing the gender of her baby! What kind of famewhore is she!? I guess she is letting Famy have the spotlight for a while.

Because she believes, and maybe rightly so, that there will be a TLC VSE when baby Seewald arrives.

• Love 8

I think she's trying to create an air of mystery.  I imagine she likes the attention from the public, and (probably) inquiries from media--such as People magazine. Probably makes her feel so very special.  Probably wants the public to clamor for information about her life. 

• Love 3

Ben married into the Duggars. He's got all that baggage now. IMO FRC, having quickly and cleanly disposed of Josh, wouldn't touch Ben with the proverbial ten foot pole, because of the Duggar baggage. Even if Ben were remotely qualified for a job like the one Josh held. Which IMO Ben is not.

Oh I think Benjermin is just as qualified as Josh to spew hate.  Papa Seawald trained him up right.  

• Love 3
(edited)

The Bus to Hell leaves at nine AM sharp. I'm driving...  :) 

I'll take a turn driving.  I'm pretty sure I know the direction.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 7

I think she's trying to create an air of mystery.  I imagine she likes the attention from the public, and (probably) inquiries from media--such as People magazine. Probably makes her feel so very special.  Probably wants the public to clamor for information about her life. 

She is sucking up the attention for all it's worth. Honestly, Jessa is immature and was so oversheltered, oh, and can't forget the brainwashing, that I think guarding some of this info, building anticipation, and then informing everyone when there's some sort of magazine or TV deal is her way of actually having some control over her own life for once. Plus, she's getting paid for it. As annoying as Jessa is - she's definitely one of those girls who thinks she's the first to invent courting, makeup, sex, pregnancy, nutrition, etc., and is automatically an expert - I can't blame her for seizing opportunity and making bank off of it. I don't know which is worse - her ignorantly thinking she's blessed and deserves all this money and attention, or her knowing it's all a farce, but to grab what she can while she can.

Oh I think Benjermin is just as qualified as Josh to spew hate.  Papa Seawald trained him up right.  

The difference to me in Ben and Josh, is while Benjermin spews hate, he THINKS he's spewing love, AND he hasn't molested anyone that we know of. Plus, he's far better looking and more likable than Josh, so that could get him farther in a position that deals with the public.

No doubt in my mind that Kirk Cameron wouldn't be the rock star in the fundie world if he wasn't good looking, with a good looking wife, and today's fundie parents (let's say age 50-30) didn't know him as The Teen Heartthrob from Growing Pains (I dip down to 30, bc the reruns ran after school forever in my hometown, and I've personally seen grown women that age get all swoony over Kirk).

• Love 5

She is sucking up the attention for all it's worth. Honestly, Jessa is immature and was so oversheltered, oh, and can't forget the brainwashing, that I think guarding some of this info, building anticipation, and then informing everyone when there's some sort of magazine or TV deal is her way of actually having some control over her own life for once. Plus, she's getting paid for it. As annoying as Jessa is - she's definitely one of those girls who thinks she's the first to invent courting, makeup, sex, pregnancy, nutrition, etc., and is automatically an expert - I can't blame her for seizing opportunity and making bank off of it. I don't know which is worse - her ignorantly thinking she's blessed and deserves all this money and attention, or her knowing it's all a farce, but to grab what she can while she can.

The difference to me in Ben and Josh, is while Benjermin spews hate, he THINKS he's spewing love, AND he hasn't molested anyone that we know of. Plus, he's far better looking and more likable than Josh, so that could get him farther in a position that deals with the public.

I agree.  Ben is much more likable and much better looking.  I think growing up with that hateful father ruined him.  Not to mention, he went from the frying pan to the fire with the Duggars.  When I think of Josh, the word that always comes to mind is doughy. 

• Love 2

It must be weird being Jessa, always having to be available to please Ben whenever he feels like it.  No wonder she hides out in public restrooms every chance she gets.  He's supposedly new to this so what if he's like a kid in a candy store expecting her constant availability with no experience of having manners and respecting mutual desire.

• Love 4
(edited)

I wish the college would send Bin a new diploma with "Canceled"  stamped across the front of it. Then he'd have one less credential for whatever ugliness it is he plans to do with his life. 

This. Too funny.

Re the bus to Hell:

I'll take a turn driving.  I'm pretty sure I know the direction.

I'm in. Bringing snacks. Hot Doritos anyone?

Edited by HundFan
  • Love 4

When I first heard the InTouch story about the "devastation" the family was suffering at cancellation, the quote that jumped at me was that the "older kids" especially enjoyed the recognition from the show. And Jessa was the first one I thought of. She won't wear obscurity well.

And I saw several posts on her last "bump" pic that it's a boy. But I agree she's playing coy while fervently praying to baby Jeebus for her VSE.

• Love 2

Not that it's worth a hill 'o beans, but I think it's a girl. And I think EXACTLY the reason she isn't talking gender is because she's hoping hoping hoping for a birth special. I wonder if the toilet got replaced during the remodel. You would want to at least drop your little princess in a decent toilet.

• Love 6
(edited)

When I first heard the InTouch story about the "devastation" the family was suffering at cancellation, the quote that jumped at me was that the "older kids" especially enjoyed the recognition from the show. 

I don't understand why anyone would be willing, let alone eager, to be on television. That said, think about how much those older kids' lives improved when they all of a sudden had plenty of food and a well-maintained house almost four times as large and new clothes and laptops and people with cameras their parents had to behave like parents in front of and they got to leave the house occasionally.

I wouldn't be surprised if the littles have such a notable lack of impulse control because they get just as little attention as the others did, but a house full of witnesses wouldn't allow their caregivers to beat, er, "blanket train" them. Either way, they have no clear way of knowing what life was like before the show, and they probably think life after will be more of the same with fewer people watching. 

And I'll bet they are devastated at that. Jim Bob just went from being one of the most influential endorsements on the religious right to being a national joke, and Michelle got hit with menopause while she was already showing the signs of a truly epic case of post-partum depression and lost her excuse to skive off the work of raising her family at the same time as two of the daughters who actually were doing the heavy lifting of raising her family for her took off (and to add insult to injury, became the babymamas the cameras were pointed at).

Neither of them even claims to have particularly good impulse control either. I'm actually kind of worried about their kids.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 9

If someone offered me a few thousand to watch me and my family do nothing, it would be hard to resist. With that said though, it would have too be at least a few thousand for me to keep my bra on after I get home from work.

I do wonder how the Seewalds will support themselves when JB gets tight(er) with his money and can no longer afford to pay Ben.

• Love 21

Not that it's worth a hill 'o beans, but I think it's a girl. And I think EXACTLY the reason she isn't talking gender is because she's hoping hoping hoping for a birth special. I wonder if the toilet got replaced during the remodel. You would want to at least drop your little princess in a decent toilet.

I don't see Jessa doing a home birth.  I really see her at a hospital, getting an epidural as soon as possible. 

• Love 7

It must be weird being Jessa, always having to be available to please Ben whenever he feels like it.  No wonder she hides out in public restrooms every chance she gets.  He's supposedly new to this so what if he's like a kid in a candy store expecting her constant availability with no experience of having manners and respecting mutual desire.

I see things like this written often in reference to the Duggars. Why is it assumed that Jessa wouldn't want/like sex, too? 

• Love 3

I see things like this written often in reference to the Duggars. Why is it assumed that Jessa wouldn't want/like sex, too? 

I'm guessing because typically young men are a little more randy than woman, and are usually a little quick on the draw. And since sex is for baby making only, maybe Jessa isn't always as satisfied as Ben. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Because horny 19-year-old boys who've lived in crowded households and haven't dated anybody often don't have the knowledge and/or forbearance and skill to understand how a woman's orgasms work and to hang in there and cooperate effectively while their equally inexperienced young woman orgasms...and because a young woman from Jessa's background probably has not had enough, ahem, experimentation time to really understand how her body works so she can get a good bang for her buck?

Not that there aren't other sexual pleasures that I'm sure Jessa is enjoying outside of orgasm. But I can't help but think that, after awhile, if you're not getting a good climax on a regular basis, your interest in the procedure may become a little lower than that of the guy whose rocket is achieving liftoff after every countdown.

And I can't help but remember Michelle's sex advice to Jessa -- Don't worry; it doesn't take long. ... And for a sexually inexperienced 22-year-old woman, I think it often takes quite a while. Maybe Jessa's a natural, but I think chances are good that, at this point in her sexual career, she still has some things to work out when it comes to getting the most out of the event. And for some people, that can make it a bit of a chore, rather than just the unadulterated pleasure that I expect Ben is getting.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

Even though they were isolated, the oldest Duggar children were taught to be "on" all of the time and put on display. They were trotted down to the State Capitol on a regular basis, and they didn't have all those matching clothes for nothing. In a lot of ways, if you grew up a preacher's kid or a political kid, you probably look at reality TV and kind of shrug. I doubt that they found it all that different - it wasn't as though they had privacy ever - only now there was finally money and more fun.

• Love 3

the quote that jumped at me was that the "older kids" especially enjoyed the recognition from the show. And Jessa was the first one I thought of. She won't wear obscurity well.

No, Jessa won't- but it really was the "older kids" who became names from this show.  Even among people who follow the show, they know who Josh, Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Jill, probably Joy, and likely John-David are.  Who knows who any of the howlers and lost girls are?  Not me...  Heck, I know Josie's story, but I'm not sure I could pick her out anymore, because I still expect a baby the way they refer to her, and I'm pretty sure she's older now. If you mixed in Josh/Anna's 2 older kids- I have no clue which one is a Duggar kid and which one is a grandkid.

• Love 3

Because horny 19-year-old boys who've lived in crowded households and haven't dated anybody often don't have the knowledge and/or forbearance and skill to understand how a woman's orgasms work and to hang in there and cooperate effectively while their equally inexperienced young woman orgasms...and because a young woman from Jessa's background probably has not had enough, ahem, experimentation time to really understand how her body works so she can get a good bang for her buck?

Not that there aren't other sexual pleasures that I'm sure Jessa is enjoying outside of orgasm. But I can't help but think that, after awhile, if you're not getting a good climax on a regular basis, your interest in the procedure may become a little lower than that of the guy whose rocket is achieving liftoff after every countdown.

And I can't help but remember Michelle's sex advice to Jessa -- Don't worry; it doesn't take long. ... And for a sexually inexperienced 22-year-old woman, I think it often takes quite a while. Maybe Jessa's a natural, but I think chances are good that, at this point in her sexual career, she still has some things to work out when it comes to getting the most out of the event. And for some people, that can make it a bit of a chore, rather than just the unadulterated pleasure that I expect Ben is getting.

So, that was Michelle's advice?  You are to be available at any whim, and it doesn't take long??  Really?  So, the girls are taught to be receptacles and that's it?  Do they even know that they can orgasm as well?  Is that even an option for them?  I'm completely blown away by this....

• Love 9

I love how you explain things Churchoney.  You are so accurate and to the point, explaining everything so well.

• Love 4

So, that was Michelle's advice?  You are to be available at any whim, and it doesn't take long??  Really?  So, the girls are taught to be receptacles and that's it?  Do they even know that they can orgasm as well?  Is that even an option for them?  I'm completely blown away by this....

Well, despite my rant, I don't think it's quite as bad as that. Going by the small amount I know about the sex books that fundies tend to use, I think the girls know that they can orgasm and everybody knows that the woman is supposed to be pleased. But knowing it and achieving it -- especially at a young age when girls can easily "know" it but not completely understand it or have any experience with it -- are obviously two different things. Michelle's comment doesn't give me a lot of confidence that she's provided any instruction about the woman's pleasure, for example.

I love how you explain things Churchoney.  You are so accurate and to the point, explaining everything so well.

Thanks!

• Love 6
(edited)

According to the Duggar Family Blog (the fan-run one), Jessa is making four more appearances at the Southern Women's Show late summer/fall. (eta: I don't want to link the blog to give it more hits, and an ego boost to Lily and Ellie.)

Dates and locations: 

8/29 Charlotte; 9/26 Orlando (I see a trip to Disney coming); 10/10 Birmingham; 10/17 Jacksonville. I guess JD will have to fly her, since she'll be so close to term for those last two appearances. It's also noted that minimally-employed Ben will be appearing with her as her lackey again. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

I have a couple of friends who vow to go to the Charlotte one. They are going to submit questions to see how quickly they get shot down in favor of said 5 year olds asking "When is your baby due?" and "Is it a boy or a girl???" 

She's also going to two of these things 3 and 2 weeks before her due date. I guess JD has himself a gig for those weekends, since no commercial airline will let her fly.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have a couple of friends who vow to go to the Charlotte one. They are going to submit questions to see how quickly they get shot down in favor of said 5 year olds asking "When is your baby due?" and "Is it a boy or a girl???"

She's also going to two of these things 3 and 2 weeks before her due date. I guess JD has himself a gig for those weekends, since no commercial airline will let her fly.

Holy crap, so our little Internet club is going to have plants in the audience?! I'm not ashamed to admit I'm giddy with excitement over this latest development. Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13
(edited)

Hope the event fully reimburses her and Ben's travel costs or else JB will insist on deducting the cost of the flight from her pay.

Wonder if they pay JD a modest fee for his work as air chauffeur or whether he's just supposed to do it for the glory. I'm sure it's fun for him to fly and it gets him out of the house, but he's also forced to be at their beck and call. What am I saying? Of course, they don't. They're all supposed to be at Boob's beck and call. And here I keep thinking that some of them are adults.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

This isn't just Michelle's advice. It's Gothard wisdom book mandatory living. Wives are to be available to their husbands at all times, unless they're having their period. but husbands are supposed to be considerate and please wives, too. 

I'm guessing because typically young men are a little more randy than woman, and are usually a little quick on the draw. And since sex is for baby making only, maybe Jessa isn't always as satisfied as Ben. 

They don't believe sex is only for making babies. They believe it is for hetero marital pleasure, too, but you just can't do anything to prevent having a baby.

• Love 3

This isn't just Michelle's advice. It's Gothard wisdom book mandatory living. Wives are to be available to their husbands at all times, unless they're having their period. but husbands are supposed to be considerate and please wives, too. 

They don't believe sex is only for making babies. They believe it is for hetero marital pleasure, too, but you just can't do anything to prevent having a baby.

Just keep in mind that Dr. Wheat's sex book (the one Josh got for his wedding) has some pictures of female genetalia that does NOT include the clitoris. Mechelle might have been pleased early on, but I'd be shocked if either Jill or Jessa has fully enjoyed sex. 

Ben's too busy being the fire and brimstone preacher to think about sex. DUH! 

• Love 6

The 'be available at all times for your husband's pleasure' is the same thing as saying - even if YOU don't feel like it at the time just do it anyway because it doesn't take that long.  It's the same thing as telling a woman - this isn't about your pleasure, or mutual pleasure, it's about his and his alone.   Respect for mutual desire respects when BOTH people are in the mood.  So the be available at all times advice denies the woman of the right to not feel like it at the moment and to just do it anyway.   Does it work both ways?  Are the husbands told look even if you don't feel like it having a hard day, are tired, exhausted, have a pressing meeting to attend, just do it anyway if she wants to because anyone can go to work but you're the only one who can satisfy her?  

Does know nothing know it all Ben respect a woman's pleasure as well as his own or does he just expect constant availability whenever he feels like it?

• Love 5
(edited)

She likely can ask for travel expenses and then bank them instead of using a commercial plane.

I'd imagine so. But then I wonder whether Boob would demand that she hand the expense check over to him, to compensate him for fuel, landing fees, transient plane parking at the remote airports, depreciation, etc.! (I can just see him totting it up precisely in his otherwise blurry brain.)

Just keep in mind that Dr. Wheat's sex book (the one Josh got for his wedding) has some pictures of female genetalia that does NOT include the clitoris.

Hence Michelle's sex "doesn't take long" commentary.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Technically, yes, husbands are taught to be very solicitous of a wife's feelings in any regard. That kind of gets lost on the TLC shows and Jim Bob's "Lego" talks, but yes. It's the flip side of the counseling and usually taken very seriously.

• Love 2

She likely can ask for travel expenses and then bank them instead of using a commercial plane.

Travel expenses for their speaking engagements are tax deductible.  With their incomes, the deduction is worth more than banked expenses.

• Love 3
(edited)

Travel expenses for their speaking engagements are tax deductible.  With their incomes, the deduction is worth more than banked expenses.

So I wonder what happens, taxwise, if the very venal, cash-crafty and greedy Boob of my imagination does what I suspect he might: demand that the kids reimburse him for their private-plane travel when they go to events for which they, not he, get paychecks.

Would it make the most financial sense for both if they paid him for the flights and then took those travel expense as a deduction? Who makes out better there, the kids or Boob, given that he certainly makes a lot more money? I guess there's no way he could take anything as a deduction from these transactions.

Just very curious about how Boob handles the costs of flying those planes when he's not personally reaping a cash benefit from a work trip. (too curious, obviously. ha) These days, I think that might have a big effect on Jessa's income, especially, since she's the free and married one who looks to be crafting at least a mini-career for herself (and Mr. Tag-A-Long) by guest-speaking at events around the country.

Edited by Churchhoney

You can only take more deductions than income for a small number of years. After that the IRS classifies your job as a hobby, and you can no longer deduct.

• Love 1