Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

A.l our mothers took a risk to bring us all into this world.  What makes MEChelle so special?

Exactly! I was a difficult birth, too, and my birthday was NEVER all about her. My mom made a cake for me, and made me special dresses when I was little. There was a party FOR ME, and presents FOR ME. I didn't grow up spoiled or entitled, but there was one day each year that was for me. My mother is narcissistic and self-absorbed, but even she was big enough to not try to make her daughter's birthday about herself. Again, they are just so awful.

• Love 15
Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

A.l our mothers took a risk to bring us all into this world.  What makes MEChelle so special?

Same thing that makes her husband special. Overweening narcissism, total self-absorption and arrogance. All of which have been fed and fed and fed because millions of people are willing to watch them on TeeVee.

No matter how many times people insist that, "Oh, they're not bad people" and "Jim Bob loves his kiddos," and "They don't do things for money and power -- they're following their cult!" I intend to go on insisting on what I'm 99.999999999999999999999999 percent sure is true. They're both warped uber-selfish evil shitheads right down to the ground. Not one decent bone in either of their bodies. 

• Love 17
28 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Now that Jinge has dipped her toe into the real world, I wonder if she reports things she's learned back to the rest of the shut-ins.  "There are girls our age who live by themselves and go to the store alone whenever they feel like it!  They don't get married until they want to and some of them wait until they're in their 30's!  They have their own bank accounts without their daddy's name on it!  Females can be doctors, lawyers, police, firefighters, pilots, store owners and in the military!"  I can picture them looking around to be sure JB isn't listening and saying in whispers,"Nooooo, that can't be true!"

I don't think it's so much that they don't know these women exist...they KNOW they do. But they also think that these women are invariably lost souls letting Satan rule their lives. I hope that Jinger actually takes the time to get to know some of them enough to learn that they can, in fact, be wonderful, generous, and even Godly people (she can get to meet some atheists later on - let her digest this first) who actually get to enjoy a life in the real world without being immediately corrupted and throwing orgies every night. She might even learn a thing or two about what a TRULY unselfish life looks like.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 21
43 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Unlike most of our mothers, Michelle reminded each kid every year that she risked her life to have him or her.  If she forgot, I'm sure Jim Bob would chime in to emphasize it.

• Love 11

OMG that is cruel and bordering on criminal if Jessa did not make it. I don’t watch. Was this on the home videos  shown on the birth episode? Michelle is a sadistic bitch. Since she had mostly hospital births, why would she discourage Jessa. Any hypotheses?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, SMama said:

OMG that is cruel and bordering on criminal if Jessa did not make it. I don’t watch. Was this on the home videos  shown on the birth episode? Michelle is a sadistic bitch. Since she had mostly hospital births, why would she discourage Jessa. Any hypotheses?

It was yes. Jessa said she wanted to go to the hospital and Michelle says "are you sure that's what you want to do?" in a tone of voice that indicated she didn't approve, and Jessa continued on with her labor. I'm probably screwing up the exact wording, but it was something along those lines. My guess is they were trying to avoid a transfer because Jessa had no insurance. Boob probably got stuck with the bill. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

The funny thing about that is when Jessa was struggling to deliver Spurgeon, she clearly said several times "I think I need to go to a hospital" and MICHELLE talked her out of it. So Jessa's heroic, awesome mother was willing to let her suffer and hemorrhage rather than take her to the emergency room. The Duggar girls have extremely selective memory when it comes to the Mother Of The Year. 

When somebody's being sucked up to, on a regular basis and to a degree not warranted by facts, and when we know that the suckers-up have reason to know better than some of the things they're saying?  ...

In real life, that's a pretty sure indication that those being sucked up to are tyrants, evil, brainwashers. Etc. 

People don't suck up to good parents or good bosses or good teachers or good political leaders (etc.) that way. They suck up to sick tyrannical unpredictable self-absorbed creeps that way. Because they're afraid of what the creeps may do otherwise. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

That last picture! Does anyone else get the impression Jessa and Bin were kidding but Jeremy and Jinger weren't? Jinger has an expression like "what time's your flight again? We should leave early, there may be traffic...."

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, SMama said:

Because she was all caught up in the TeeVee Show angle of it.

And since she doesn't give a flying fuck for any of her kids -- except to the degree that said kid somehow increases her personal glory -- Jessa's actual well-being never crossed the evil bitch's mind for one split second. "Jessa who?" 

I don't see that there's any other possible explanation. 

• Love 6

Help others as we got more mature...Who have you helped exactly? Faithful companion...Is she a dog? Your love for Christ has grown and challenges me to desire to know him more...Don't you mean the love Jessa has for herself instead. Really...Seriously...

7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Because she was all caught up in the TeeVee Show angle of it.

And since she doesn't give a flying fuck for any of her kids -- except to the degree that said kid somehow increases her personal glory -- Jessa's actual well-being never crossed the evil bitch's mind for one split second. "Jessa who?" 

I don't see that there's any other possible explanation. 

Aaaaaaaaaand Jessa Blessa was one of her Mom’s favorites.  Heaven help the others if that’s how one of her favorite kids are treated.  How VERY Christian of her.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Same thing that makes her husband special. Overweening narcissism, total self-absorption and arrogance. All of which have been fed and fed and fed because millions of people are willing to watch them on TeeVee.

No matter how many times people insist that, "Oh, they're not bad people" and "Jim Bob loves his kiddos," and "They don't do things for money and power -- they're following their cult!" I intend to go on insisting on what I'm 99.999999999999999999999999 percent sure is true. They're both warped uber-selfish evil shitheads right down to the ground. Not one decent bone in either of their bodies. 

This so much. Both of them make my skin crawl. It's not just that I don't watch, I can't watch; the creep out factor is too strong. 

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

This so much. Both of them make my skin crawl. It's not just that I don't watch, I can't watch; the creep out factor is too strong. 

My feelings exactly. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

How nice, to have a guilt trip laid upon Jessa that dear Ma RISKED HER OWN LIFE FOR HER!

Jessa will in turn lay that on her own kids.  

My mother never did that to me, and I never did that to my own daughter, either.  Why do that kind of shit?  I don't get it.

• Love 7

That post about Michelle was sad. It showed Jessa is coming around to her parents' way of thinking. That rather than learning more about the outside world and becoming less of a Duggar, getting married and becoming a mom has reinforced her upbringing. Based on that post, it doesn't look like she will be doing anything different from the way she is raised. (There goes that being married is always better than just living at home.) 

Or she could have written something to make her fans happy. I hope this is the case. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh, and Jinjer's post?  It's very telling that she hasn't begged Jer to start with the breeding, so to emulate her beloved BFF.  Jinjer's post is just as phony as Jessa's was to mama.  Bleh.

And proves that she too is begging for attention. Why post this publicly? Just because Jessa did doesn't mean Jinger had to.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Or she could have written something to make her fans happy. I hope this is the case. 

Of course if she does that then she's just following the Duggar tradition of lying about your life to improve your media (or political, once upon a time) viability. ... 

Between the Gothardism, JB"s political ambitions, reality tv, and JB's and M's own sick psychologies that make them eager to cover up the facts of their lives with bullshit-tied-with-a-pretty-bow, life in the Duggar household appears to be nothing but an education in lying. 

But Jessa's still young. Shaking off some of the parental influences of the TTH would be anything but easy, for anyone. There's still time for something else to penetrate her skull. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I was thinking about this aspect of the post, and the humpers.

If I was a humper and I read that, I might on some level, think that that was admirable. I might think that having a daughter "honor her mother" in that way might be a good thing. Still, at the back of my mind, there would have to be seeds. If I had raised a family and had birthday parties for my kids and had made them cakes, and bought them presents, and made a fuss over them on their "special day" and then juxtaposed that with the "special day out" that the Duggar kids get with one free drippy sundae and 30 minutes of Mom and Dad time, it might give me pause. Not that this, in and of itself, might cause me to re-think my opinion of the family, but as just one more straw loading up on that camel . . .

• Love 6
On 11/2/2017 at 9:24 PM, cmr2014 said:

Jessa's message to Ben is sad.

It smacks so loudly of "trying too hard" that I'm embarrassed for her.

I think it was written by Bin himself. I was guessing there would be a horse-head drawing at the end. Or entwined hearts with a cross in between.

Jes posts "harried housewife" pics so everyone will know how "busy" she is with three boys under the age of 23.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, ariel said:

Is the woman in the middle Sierra?  If so she looks old & haggard. 

Yes, shes Joy's and Jessa's "bff". I believe she's around Jana's age and on her 6th kid.

• Love 4

She has a low platelet count. She doesn't seem too concerned about it if she managed to have her shower today. 

And why a shower for a 6th kid? 

Agree Jessa looks like she has a pooch. I called her knocked up at Joe's wedding. I guess we'll find out in her third trimester when she can't hide it anymore. She didn't announce until 16 weeks with Henry. 

• Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:09 PM, Maharincess said:

Like many of you I don't understand how a person who was raised to be a housewife can be so very bad at cooking and cleaning.  What the hell does she do?! 

You're right. I have such a hard time understanding why they cant cook or clean. The girls are all useless.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

But Jessa's still young. Shaking off some of the parental influences of the TTH would be anything but easy, for anyone. There's still time for something else to penetrate her skull. 

Maybe, but there's a reason Bill Gothard wanted the women of his group to be homeschooling housewives who never stopped having babies. It kept them from having time for introspection to try to figure why they were doing what they were doing and the lack of questioning keeps them from leaving.

Jessa doesn't look pregnant to me. I doubt any fundie girl in this crowd has a perfectly flat stomach before marriage/sex/pregnancy.  And then she had two babies in less than 2 years. 

It wouldn't surprise me if she was pregnant, but it's not evident from the photo. If she is, I'm sure they'll tell us sooner than later. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"When my mom finally arrived as I was laboring to give birth to Spurgeon, the first words out of my mouth were "HOW ON EARTH DID YOU DO THIS 19 TIMES?!"

What Michelle didn't say was, "Quite comfortably in the hospital."

Not to mention, she didn't do it 19 times: she had two sets of twins.  And I'm sure the caesarian sections were less painful than labor.

• Love 9

I️ don’t think she looks pregnant at all neither in her stomach or her face. If she was pregnant at Joes wedding which was, what, 6 weeks ago, she’d definitely be showing more now especially since it’s her third kid in quick succession. I️ actually think she looks pretty good there. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I️ don’t think she looks pregnant at all neither in her stomach or her face. If she was pregnant at Joes wedding which was, what, 6 weeks ago, she’d definitely be showing more now especially since it’s her third kid in quick succession. I️ actually think she looks pretty good there. 

What is I️?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

I️ have no idea. If the letter after H is typed, it changes it to that symbol. So weird. My phone doesn’t do that on any other website. 

I'm seeing it normally, but I'm on my laptop, so maybe it's a phone thing?