Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I like Jessa. Well, as much as I can like any of them. She has a sarcastic sense of humour, as I do.Yes, she's vain and takes a lot of selfies. She's playing around with the make-up too much. She's younger than her years and otherwise typical in this area. It's a phase. Part of the problem is she's bored. There's nothing on the Duggar-approved List Of Activities for Young Ladies that she wants to do.

I completely understand the lack of OTT romantic gushing and sweet talk, especially on tv! *cringe*  Of course, she's not had a chance to learn any other way for a woman to be in a relationship. Jessa needs more of a partner than authority head: someone she can see eye-to-eye rather than look up to and worship. Her televised behaviour around this courtship is so awkward and forced because it's not her personality. 

Sadly, I think she's getting a guy who's too young, too head-strong and too -- there's no nice way to say this -- stupid to be that match.

• Love 7

Have Jessa and Ben announced a wedding date yet? I know the pregnancy announcement for Jill and Derrick was just announced today. I really , really hope that Jessa and Ben wait a bit longer before getting pregnant...Ben is so young and doesn't appear to have a full time job at this time. IMO, they're just not ready to become parents so soon. 

If Ben is in school the most logical time to do it would be when he is on holiday in November or December. There's no way with tests and finals he can do it any other time. This is, of course, if he is still in school. 

He's hitching his wagon to the Duggar Gravy Train, so I doubt he will continue with school. He's young and arrogant enough to think this "celebrity" thing will be enough to provide. I wouldn't doubt that he is negotiating a spin off. 19 kids can't go on since Michelle is (hopefully) done, so it's going to need a new incarnation. Benessa are ripe for a spin off.

• Love 2

I think Jill and Derick would be more likely to get a spin-off, as they are both much more likeable (in my opinion) than Benessa. Maybe TLC will do a spin-off that includes both couples.

I agree that they are more likable, but the question is, do they want a spin off? Derick has a real job and can take care of his household. They don't seem to be dying to be on tv/famewhore-y. Like they could take it or leave it.

Ben is young and dumb, Jessa is young and naive and if they had a show independent of JimBoob and J'Chelle, all kinds of antics could ensue!

• Love 2

If there was any doubt that Pa Seebiscuit's blog was aimed at Boob or that Boob is not feeling Bin, the allowance of the announcement of a two day old pregnancy to trump the engagement has cured me of that. Boob gives zero fuqs. The next season will be all about Jill's wedding and the next will be all about Jill's pregnancy. Jessa's situation will be footnote, much like the People cover. 

Is Bin actually all there, IQ-wise?  I saw a preview and was like...  Oh, my!  In contrast, except for cutting the "g" off words such as "weddin'," Jessa seems quite intelligent.

This is a rhetorical question, right? 

• Love 3

I don't think Ben has any kind of IQ deficiency. He's just an average dude-bro that you could see playing basketball in the evenings during the week with his friends and then going out to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game on the weekends with a mixed group of girls and guys. 

Yep. I dropped something off for my 16 year old nephew at my sister's house tonight. When I pulled up, there was my sister's van in the drive, a random car behind it, my 19 year old nephew's car in the front yard, and another random car behind that one, half hanging out into the street. Oh, and another across the street in front of the neighbor's house. I called for the 16 year old into a giant group of boys. I saw the 2 oldest of my nephews, the youngest was in the house, and 3 random guys in the front yard. A 4th came walking down the driveway. It's entirely possible there were boys in some of the cars or ones I totally didn't see (hell, I didn't even see my sister on the porch until I pulled away since she was buried behind cars and giant boys). Ben would have 100% have fit into this group. They were talking about cars and doing something to the bass in the trunk of one, while half the boys were screwing around with something else. With the exception of my oldest nephew who I briefly talked with about his newly enrolled in college classes that start on Monday, you'd have thought the rest of them didn't have 10 brain cells between all of them to rub together. I quickly fled, dodging idiot boys who were standing in the street. Dude-bros be dumb! LOL! 

I agree that they are more likable, but the question is, do they want a spin off? Derick has a real job and can take care of his household. They don't seem to be dying to be on tv/famewhore-y. Like they could take it or leave it.

Ben is young and dumb, Jessa is young and naive and if they had a show independent of JimBoob and J'Chelle, all kinds of antics could ensue!

I agree about the antics but I don't think they will be able to hold much of a conversation, especially Ben.

• Love 3

I saw a picture of the  engagement ring  that came out of a bubble gum machine today. Umm I would have held out for a bigger rock. And if it was a comp then the jewelry store must have given them the one that wasn't ever going to sell.

• Love 3

I saw a picture of the engagement ring that came out of a bubble gum machine today. Umm I would have held out for a bigger rock. And if it was a comp then the jewelry store must have given them the one that wasn't ever going to sell.

Its almost our 24 year anniversary. We married at 22.5 years. I still wear my original ring. Yesterday I was shopping with my teen and the cashier told me she loved my "promise ring". Lol, it's not that small! I think a third carat surrounded by 6 specks of diamonds. Point is I still love it. Hope to get an anniversary ring one of these years so each daughter gets a ring.
  • Love 2

This has nothing to do with Ben, but after watching some of the Duggar's YouTube videos it seems like Jessa would make a great hair stylist. She seems to be good at it and enjoy it. I doubt she'd ever be allowed to attend a cosmetology school though, it might be considered too "worldly" or some shit. Cos you know, hair and make up will send you straight into damnation!

• Love 1

Its almost our 24 year anniversary. We married at 22.5 years. I still wear my original ring. Yesterday I was shopping with my teen and the cashier told me she loved my "promise ring". Lol, it's not that small! I think a third carat surrounded by 6 specks of diamonds. Point is I still love it. Hope to get an anniversary ring one of these years so each daughter gets a ring.

My ring is .33 carats also and I still love and wear after all these years.  Because of weight gain it didn't fit for a few years and I had to put them away and wear my promise ring instead.  Then one day I figured it would fit again and when I took it out of the box I found it surrounded by some small diamonds my DHB had our jeweler add on without me knowing. 

I don't know if Jessa was hoping for something better but she may love her ring just the way it is.

edited for a mispelling.

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 2

I saw a picture of the  engagement ring  that came out of a bubble gum machine today. Umm I would have held out for a bigger rock. And if it was a comp then the jewelry store must have given them the one that wasn't ever going to sell.

I'm sure it looks majestic.

• Love 7

This has nothing to do with Ben, but after watching some of the Duggar's YouTube videos it seems like Jessa would make a great hair stylist. She seems to be good at it and enjoy it. I doubt she'd ever be allowed to attend a cosmetology school though, it might be considered too "worldly" or some shit. Cos you know, hair and make up will send you straight into damnation!

Yes, but what could she do besides variations on the same long, wavy style? yawn.

• Love 2

I've seen pics, but they were uploaded, so no url to link here. It's supposed to be a 3/4 carat princess cut. It looks like a smaller, round stone in a weird bucket setting. I am not a fan.

eta: The article claims that Bin is a college sophomore, majoring in Poly Sci. Okey doke...

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I've seen pics, but they were uploaded, so no url to link here. It's supposed to be a 3/4 carat princess cut. It looks like a smaller, round stone in a weird bucket setting. I am not a fan.

eta: The article claims that Bin is a college sophomore, majoring in Poly Sci. Okey doke...

From the pic I saw it was hard to tell but I also thought it was round.

If there was any doubt that Pa Seebiscuit's blog was aimed at Boob or that Boob is not feeling Bin, the allowance of the announcement of a two day old pregnancy to trump the engagement has cured me of that. Boob gives zero fuqs. The next season will be all about Jill's wedding and the next will be all about Jill's pregnancy. Jessa's situation will be footnote, much like the People cover. 

This is a rhetorical question, right? 

No; merely facetious...

I do like that Ben actually wears shorts in the summer, and hasn't yet had it "laid upon his heart [by Jim-Bob]" to wear jeans 24/7 like all the other Duggar boys.  SO FAR.

Derrick wears shorts, too. With sandals! I hope neither change their style.

• Love 2

Do we think this is her ring? Maybe Derrick bought it for Ben with his discount! LOL! http://www.walmart.com/ip/3-4-Carat-T.W.-Princess-Cut-Diamond-Solitaire-Ring-in-14kt-White-Gold/14035399?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=50611028398&category=0%3A3891%3A3896%3A445428&client_guid=11997fdf-e2cb-40ae-bed2-90e7cf6cb922&config_id=0&parent_item_id=14035388&guid=4e31a9d7-51dc-4239-9bb4-a1124fa3c9b8&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n#Product+Reviews

Hopefully the ring is better made than the picture in People looks. The diamond looks like it could easily be snapped right off that little band. Jessa says she's just gonna use Jill's decorations. Maybe that's the reason Jill got engaged and married first. Can any of us picture Jessa even caring about any of the wedding planning? She certain doesn't strike me as the wedding planning, Pintrest-ing bride that Jill was. She does strike me as the daughter who's more than happy to have let her sister do all the work though! LOL! 

• Love 1

My ring is even smaller than any I've seen mentioned - it's only a fifth of a carat. My husband was 18 when he bought it. He could buy me anything he likes now, but this ring is the only one I'm going to wear.

I think a lot of fundamentalist girls will feel that way.

• Love 6

Well, their engagement story at least sounds more interesting than Josh’s very special engagement to Anna at a special restaurant with special balloons and special cans of Pringles, but that’s not saying much.

I do love scavenger hunts, but considering how dumb Ben seems, it probably wasn't a very good one. 

• Love 4

A lot of people seem to be going on about how the ring is "small", but given that Ben is 19 and likely making only a modest income he is probably wise to buy something that fits his budget.

I love that I'm not alone in saying that I wouldn't trade my original engagement ring for any other. My husband graduated college a quarter early, so he was supporting himself working three jobs until his first teaching job started the following fall. The ring he gave me was paid for with likely every penny he earned in three months of working in a fast food restaurant. It is a little under half a carat, but it represents his hard work and the place we were in our lives when we got engaged.

• Love 6

If Jessa isn't into  wedding planning she needs tocontact TFDW to do the honors. He seems to love to party plan. I read some where that he was really into planning his own wedding (I actually liked Prissy's bridesmaid dresses simple but elegant.) See Jessa you can have it all and have a nice wedding with David planning it for you. Don't go cheap chic and use your sister's decorations you deserve your own.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1

If Jessa isn't into wedding planning she needs tocontact TFDW to do the honors. He seems to love to party plan. I read some where that he was really into planning his own wedding (I actually liked Prissy's bridesmaid dresses simple but elegant. See Jessa you can have it all and have a nice wedding with David planning it for you. Don't go cheap chic and use your sister's decorations you deserve your own.

This is pure brilliance. Think of how much fun he'd have. And a way better option for Jessa than using 5- month old hand-me-downs.

• Love 2

I think I watched one of the little videos about Jill's wedding with a wedding planner in it. I know I haven't read the People article on it or watched anything about the baby or Jessa's engagement. I could be remembering wrong, but didn't the wedding planner say something about the other Duggar girls being involved. If Jessa is more than willing to use Jill's decorations, maybe that was the plan from the start and they just aren't saying it. I honestly don't see Jessa caring all that much, not nearly as much as Jill would have an idea of her dream wedding. That could be why Jill got married so quickly, if they were really her plans, it would make sense she would get married first. Plus Derick had a job to get back to. Jessa mentioned saving their money for the honeymoon, Derick and Jill have a steady income and that wouldn't be a huge issue for them. 

My ring is even smaller than any I've seen mentioned - it's only a fifth of a carat. My husband was 18 when he bought it. He could buy me anything he likes now, but this ring is the only one I'm going to wear.

I think a lot of fundamentalist girls will feel that way.

I don't think being fundamentalist has anything to do with it. I'm an atheist, and my engagement ring is about 1/3 carat, and like you, my husband could buy me a much, much more impressive one thirty years later, and has offered to do so, but I love my ring, and can't imagine putting it aside for something "bigger and better", just as I would not put my husband aside for a flashier model. I did get a small "guard" a few years later, with a couple of tiny sapphires (maybe 1/4 carat each, if)  and diamond chips which wraps around the solitaire, and as a complete unit, it looks very pretty, and is also unobtrusive enough not to get caught on things or get in the way. That's easily as big as any ring needs to be for me.

• Love 4

I joke about the fact that I came to my marriage with my own engagement diamond and cemetery plot, both courtesy of my deceased grandmother. I now wear my deceased mother's engagement ring which is very special to me because she always told me the story of how my dad  sold his car to buy it.  I'm looking forward to passing on these family rings to my daughters in the future. Lots of great family memories for me with these two rings.

• Love 7

October 1st is a Wednesday. Strange day to choose for a wedding if you want multitudes to show up. Doesn't matter to the Duggars since they don't work anyway, but it has to affect the attendance for others without a tv show who have to earn a paycheck. Maybe J and B are the anti Jill and Derick and are thumbing their noses at a huge ice cream float social by keeping it small. Or maybe she's already preggars and they just need to get this over with as quickly and quietly as possible. I would think that Princess Jessa woud be trying to one up her sister, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Something's off here.

There is a registry up at Bed Bath and Beyond showing an October 1st event date. The items on the registry -tons of pots and pans- seem strange, however, so perhaps it's a fake. 10/1 does seem a little soon, even by Gothard standards.

Jessa's ring is pretty crappy, and I don't mean that as a knock to its size. The setting is ugly, there's no way that stone is a .75 carat, and it looks to be a round cut, not a princess. I understand Bin was on a limited budget, but the least he could have done is buy a decent quality diamond. Jessa must be pissed. Not only did Jill beat her to the altar and become the first J'Slave to get knocked up, she also got the better engagement ring. Oh how the mighty have fallen, lol.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

I'm going to hell for saying this but I don't think this marriage will last at all. I think they're both young and hormonal and are just going through the motions in order to appease their parents. They just want to have sex and go on unchaperoned dates. It's just a shame they have to get married in order to do this. I think Jessa will be too much for Ben and I think she's going to rebel. She is a spoiled diva who is accustomed to having her way. I even picture her drinking a lot of wine while she complains about Ben not having any money to give her for a Mani/pedi.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 12

I don't know. The one thing Jessa is good at is planning. She keeps a cool head even when everyone else is more emotional than she is. But she suddenly just wants to run off and throw everything to the wind to have sex? I don't think so. I think there might be something transactional to their relationship that we aren't seeing, but Jessa isn't afraid of her father, and out of all of them, if she wanted to plan to leave, she could. I have a feeling she is getting what she wants the way she wants it, even if we don't fully know or understand what that is.

• Love 5

Jessa and Ben don't seem really in love. In the episode where Ben asks Jim Boob permission to court Jessa in that closet (wth?!), they seemed really awkward around each other and Jessa didn't seem too overjoyed.

She hasn't seemed too happy with the entire courtship, to me.

• Love 1