Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I had my second baby a little over three weeks ago...in a hospital with nurses and a doctor present at delivery. After I delivered the placenta, I started to hemorrhage pretty badly. Now the doctor was right there and she and the staff immediately started treating me for the excessive blood loss, but it was still scary as hell for a few minutes. 

If I was Jessa (or Ben) having that happen when I was at home with no medical professionals and having to get rushed to the ER, that would put me off child birth for a loooooong time....maybe forever. It was damn scary when it happened to me with the doctor still literally at the bottom of my bed. I can't even imagine how terrifying it had to be for Jessa...and for everyone else who was there and witnessed it.

If she does a home birth again after going through that, she's an idiot. 

So glad all is well!

• Love 14

@MyPeopleAreNordic, so sorry to hear about the complications during your delivery, I'm glad you and baby are okay after such a terrifying experience.  As much as I think Jessa is a triple decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce, my heart sank to the pit of my stomach to know she'd been through something so scary. 

I hope that Jessa isn't foolhardy enough to attempt this birth experience again.

• Love 5

Ditto! I'm glad you had qualified professionals at your side to get hold of the situation and that you and baby are okay! :)

Sadly, we all know Jessa will be pregnant soon, if she isn't already. She looked kind of puffy in those NYC pictures. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa apparently posted a video about how to dress a baby. It has to be on her Instagram, because I looked for it in all the other places it could possibly be and didn't find it. Can someone post it with a play-by-play for those of us who can't watch it? 

LMAO  that they think they're the only experts on child dressing, and TIA. 

Well, Muffy already showed us what an expert she was at midwifery and baby swaddling.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I had my second baby a little over three weeks ago...in a hospital with nurses and a doctor present at delivery. After I delivered the placenta, I started to hemorrhage pretty badly. Now the doctor was right there and she and the staff immediately started treating me for the excessive blood loss, but it was still scary as hell for a few minutes. 

If I was Jessa (or Ben) having that happen when I was at home with no medical professionals and having to get rushed to the ER, that would put me off child birth for a loooooong time....maybe forever. It was damn scary when it happened to me with the doctor still literally at the bottom of my bed. I can't even imagine how terrifying it had to be for Jessa...and for everyone else who was there and witnessed it.

Oh my, MYPEOPLEARENORDIC, so glad you had capable professional help, but it must have been so scary. Give your babies an extra hug and kiss from me, please. I miss little ones!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, louannems said:

I've looked everywhere for the dressing baby video and I can't find it!

Hmmm....it's been a few hours. Maybe she took it down? Pity, it sounded eminently snarkable. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

MyPeopleAreNordic, I'm so glad you had a great doctor and medical staff to help when you needed them. I also hope your baby is doing well!

IMHO, of course, but Jessa Blessa will have another home birth. They can't afford health insurance and I'm sure she's been told repeatedly that they will NOT be buying insurance with Obamacare.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why does that Boy wreath over the changing table have a D on it? Spurgeon is an S. I get she WAS a Duggar, but they are Seewalds under Ben's headship now. 

Maybe it's recycled from Izzy's room before they left for Danger America?  D for Dillard.  

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Maybe it's recycled from Izzy's room before they left for Danger America?  D for Dillard.  

That was the only thing I came up with as well. But geez Jessa, you don't work. Go to bloody Hobby Lobby and buy a letter! 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Platypus said:

urgh.   I had to stop watching after Ben advised us to use a toy to keep the baby distracted while you change him.  Really?!  lololololololol

I'm so grateful Bin and Jessa came along to show us all how to parent.  I'll be sure to direct my daughter to their videos.  Such encouragers!

• Love 14

I'm fairly certain that most parents of a child that age could dress their kid with one hand while mopping a floor quicker then Ben dressed Spurge.

I don't get these people; dressing babies, doing hair and cooking have been going since apes turned into man.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm fairly certain that most parents of a child that age could dress their kid with one hand while mopping a floor quicker then Ben dressed Spurge.

I don't get these people; dressing babies, doing hair and cooking have been going since apes turned into man.

But they do everything just a little bit differently ?

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why does that Boy wreath over the changing table have a D on it? Spurgeon is an S. I get she WAS a Duggar, but they are Seewalds under Ben's headship now. 

Like I said, if you're not a real Duggar, you are NObody.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Unfortunately, when you don't know anything, you don't know this, either.

Hence their remarkable ability to consider their super-dumb lives as the center and the gold standard of the universe.

• Love 4

Agree with everyone's comments, but that baby looks happy and healthy and seems to like his parents and they seem to like him.  I wonder when he gets to the "terrible twos" will any of that change.  Um..yes i'm guessing

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

As long as they live on JB's dime, Ben will never have a headship role. The wreath was probably a gift from JB to remind Ben of who keeps the lights on. 

• Love 7

Agree that JB is the alpha male, but I doubt he'd ever pay for a gift for Ben. The thing was probably gifted to one of the Duggars and wound up where it is. Maybe it came from the G(r)ift Warehouse on the Duggar compound. 

• Love 3

I hope that Jessa isn't foolhardy enough to attempt this birth experience again.

Does anyone here actually know why she/they have home births?  Is it:

1.  Its part of being fundy/Gotthard

2. They actually have no health insurance and instead pay the fine on their their non-existent taxes)

3.  Its for the ratings

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

APOSTATE!

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Platypus said:

urgh.   I had to stop watching after Ben advised us to use a toy to keep the baby distracted while you change him.  Really?!  lololololololol

Well, that's good!  In the Pearl's child training book, a wriggling baby needs a switch on the leg during diaper changing.

• Love 3

The homebirth obsession is a bit of a mystery. Michelle did have a few of them before her body stopped cooperating and seemed to prefer them to her hospital ones so maybe she yapped on about how woooonderful homebirth is where you won't have to interact with those evil, sinful doctors with their science and their university educations. Add Jill's "midwife"-training under rabid homebirth advocates with no common sense, Anna's multiple successful ones and you've got the perfect storm. I suppose in their minds a homebirth is always the best option and hospitals are the absolute last resort (see Jill's mulish refusal to go until she had no choice). Jessa's lack of proper pre-natal care fits in with this mindset too, I think. They don't need no stinkin' science, they're the Duggars and God is on their side. 

Overall there seem to be a lot of strange and fearbased notions about hospital births among the fundie homebirthers and a lot of the misconceptions are spread by the "midwives".

• Love 7
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Does anyone here actually know why she/they have home births?  Is it:

1.  Its part of being fundy/Gotthard

2. They actually have no health insurance and instead pay the fine on their their non-existent taxes)

3.  Its for the ratings

All three. #s 1 & 3 speak for themselves. As for #2, they would NEVER pay for insurance with evil OBAMA's name attached to it. They have Scamaritan if they have anything at all.

Michelle only had 2 homebirths: Jinger and Joe at the old Johnson Rd. house (the one that was bulldozed to become Cross Church Springdale's parking lot for the megachurch.

Maybe Jessa was already that person. We just were shielded from knowing her personally, since they didn't allow her to interact with the fans until a couple of months before her engagement (I just checked her twitter yesterday; she joined in May 2014, engaged in August). She always came off as a bitch, and still does, but she may have had some compassion for others in her all along, not just after having Spurge. Sorry, but Jessa, you do not impressa. If our speculation is correct, and she's already pregnant, let's see if her compassion for her children lasts, and if so, for how many kids until she loses it? I don't think she'll make it to three before she breaks down, even WITH the TLC money and benefits she has that her mother didn't. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Clemgo3165 said:

He totally is. And whatever Jessa may be to the rest of the human race, she seems to be a good Mom. Spurgie sure loves her.

So's Michelle, to kids that age. I withhold judgement until Spurg can say 'no'. She'll pidgenhole him into shitty life, same as her. That is NOT good mothering. Who care's how he's dressed?

• Love 5

Who cares? Jessa. Spurge is her fuck trophy, and she has made sure to let everybody know about it practically since day one. 

And tick tock, Jessa. That nine month mark is coming up in two days. Let's see how she wiggles out of the adoption talk...oh that's right...she's probably already knocked up! 

• Love 8
On 8/2/2016 at 9:24 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Congrats on the baby!  So sorry to here about the troubled birth. Glad you survived. Many thoughts and prayers to you! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

In which Ben totally disregards the Constitution. We need a REVIVAL, y'all! He's still dumb as a post. 

Today's lesson from online ministry school:  repeat key words/phrases as often a possible. GREAT! ...make a nation truly great..  also use parallel sentences. Use phrases that will resonate with your audience..uh..Bin, c'mon! You just don't have the swagger to refer to gawd as the 'gawdman'. You're weird, but your baby boy is really happy so meh. 

• Love 4

Steps up to the mic... Hello, is this thing on? Hello, may name is Nancy! I am an undeserving heathen, and yes, I am darn proud of it!

Btw, is it just me, or does Benny boy look like Jeremy a little in the video. Scary...

23 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Someone please break his recording devices.

Lord have mercy. Can you imagine being stuck with that for the rest of your life? He's like a parrot repeating the same catch phrases over and over.

• Love 4