Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

On 6/25/2018 at 8:53 PM, WarnerCL45 said:

Julia Roberts.  Soooo in love with herself!

Hilary & David, Love it or List it  -  repulsive pair!

However, Jillian & Todd on Love it or List it Vancouver (another version of the show) are extremely adorable people.  I totally recommend that version.

I was totally burned on Kristen Bell when it was revealed that she begged the show Gossip Girl to be its narrator.  God.  The narration was the only negative thing about that otherwise awesome show.  (personal opinion).  But she's been winning me back since then.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
On 8/5/2018 at 11:27 AM, WarnerCL45 said:

Kristen Bell.  D-list actor who thinks she’s important.

Kristen Bell might be on my dislike list, but, she's actually more likely on my, "I'm confused as to why this person is famous" list.  lol I get her confused with Kristin Cavallari, who is also on my "I'm confused as to why this person is famous and still has a tv show list." 

• Love 11

Kristen Bell is on a top rated NBC show, so I don’t know how she can be a D-list actress.  And she’s very good.  

Now Kristin Cavallari, I agree has no talent.  And neither does her husband.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, roamyn said:

Kristen Bell is on a top rated NBC show, so I don’t know how she can be a D-list actress.  And she’s very good.  

Matter of taste.  D-List is in the eye of the beholder.  Every time I see her, I switch channels.  Kristin Cavallari - reality "star"?  Don't know much about her.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, roamyn said:

For those who don’t know, her husband is NFL Quarterback Jay Cutler, formerly of the Denver Broncos (3 seasons) Chicago Bears (8 seasons) & the Miami Dolphins (1 season).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

For those who don’t know, her husband is NFL Quarterback Jay Cutler, formerly of the Denver Broncos (3 seasons) Chicago Bears (8 seasons) & the Miami Dolphins (1 season).

I caught 3 seconds of an interview on Wendy Williams(?) where she mentioned her husband.  I guess she’s famous by association.

Hate all of the Real Housewives, & their histrionics.  You aren’t stars, ladies.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I caught 3 seconds of an interview on Wendy Williams(?) where she mentioned her husband.  I guess she’s famous by association.

Hate all of the Real Housewives, & their histrionics.  You aren’t stars, ladies.

I *hate* all reality "stars".  Everything is so fake.  I don't mind the competitions, such as Survivor or The Amazing Race, although I haven't watched TAR in a few years and I never really cared for Survivor all that much, because like my mom said, it's a competition to see who the best liar is. Oversimplification I know.  But, at least it's an actual competition and not completely scripted/staged. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I *hate* all reality "stars".  Everything is so fake.  I don't mind the competitions, such as Survivor or The Amazing Race, although I haven't watched TAR in a few years and I never really cared for Survivor all that much, because like my mom said, it's a competition to see who the best liar is. Oversimplification I know.  But, at least it's an actual competition and not completely scripted/staged. 

I have watched Amazing Race and enjoyed it.  Fun way to see the world.  I’m also sick of “talent” shows, dancing, juggling .....  I will watch American Idol, for the singing, not for the drama among judges.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I have watched Amazing Race and enjoyed it.

I had to stop watching because I would get too emotionally involved.  I would pick a team to root for and when that team got eliminated I wouldn't be able to sleep that night.  But, yeah, it was fun to see the different countries and some of their customs (turned into a contest).

23 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I had to stop watching because I would get too emotionally involved.  I would pick a team to root for and when that team got eliminated I wouldn't be able to sleep that night.  But, yeah, it was fun to see the different countries and some of their customs (turned into a contest).

My Dad was from the Philippines. We like/liked watching TAR when they include (included) the Philippines in the race destinations.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a word.
  • Love 1

I liked TAR for a long time (watched from the beginning, which was also 9/11).  But eventually the stunt casting got to me; I watched so many iterations of models, but it just became more and more blatantly ratings bait.  I stuck through the models, I stuck through the scarf and barf food challenges, I stuck through the obvious crazy-edits, I even stuck through Jonathan.  But, when it became so obviously stunt-casted (d-list celebrities & reality "stars" from other shows (I'm scowling at you Boston Rob)), and then gimmicky (blind date racing?!?), I finally was able to bail.  Recaps tell me I haven't missed much.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, kassygreene said:

I liked TAR for a long time (watched from the beginning, which was also 9/11).  But eventually the stunt casting got to me; I watched so many iterations of models, but it just became more and more blatantly ratings bait.  I stuck through the models, I stuck through the scarf and barf food challenges, I stuck through the obvious crazy-edits, I even stuck through Jonathan.  But, when it became so obviously stunt-casted (d-list celebrities & reality "stars" from other shows (I'm scowling at you Boston Rob)), and then gimmicky (blind date racing?!?), I finally was able to bail.  Recaps tell me I haven't missed much.

Yeah, I didn't watch any of the themed seasons of "reality stars" "Youtube stars" etc.  I watched the first few episodes of the one where they did half established couples and half that they computer matched or something like that.  I decided that was stupid and I think that's the last season I watched.  It's a shame because the first seasons were pretty entertaining and seemed real enough with at least semi-regular people.  I actually sent in an audition tape with my best friend. Obviously we did not get on.  Didn't even get the interview phase.  But, at least we can we say we tried.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

I would disagree on the stars of Alone, but w/the exception of parlaying that to promote their survival classes, they don’t have anything to do w/celebrity-ness.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, kassygreene said:

Yeah, it was better when it was "real" people competing, a selection of people from various demographics, but if you ignore the narration and talking head interviews that specifically mention a person's background they all act like "real" people do.  The reality star population has it's share of nice people and asshats, people you could root for and those you detest.  The YouTube season was a terrible concept for me but after a while it was easy to forget who they are (assuming you ever knew).  The season being filmed now includes more crossovers to reality shows but once the race starts they'll have to rely on their skills as everyone else does and not their notoriety.  I haven't given up on TAR yet.

• Love 1
On 8/15/2018 at 11:53 PM, BW Manilowe said:

Let me add, bring a resident of Chicago, Jay was nothing but dead weight. We couldn’t get rid of him , and thirsty Kristin also. He did absolutely nothing for the team. And he is doing similar on his wife’s show. Just a huge blah.. i almost lost my shit when i read the Twitter comments after Kristin hosted the Oscars ..i mean WTF. Who in gods name picked her? ?? if she’s qualified to host , maybe i outta apply. First the talentless Kardashian’s now the boring tired Cavallari.. the dumbing down of America. Why people put these talentless fools on tv shows and all over magazines and social media and try to emulate them is beyond me. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Natalie Winters said:

Let me add, bring a resident of Chicago, Jay was nothing but dead weight. We couldn’t get rid of him , and thirsty Kristin also. He did absolutely nothing for the team. And he is doing similar on his wife’s show. Just a huge blah.. i almost lost my shit when i read the Twitter comments after Kristin hosted the Oscars ..i mean WTF. Who in gods name picked her? ?? if she’s qualified to host , maybe i outta apply. First the talentless Kardashian’s now the boring tired Cavallari.. the dumbing down of America. Why people put these talentless fools on tv shows and all over magazines and social media and try to emulate them is beyond me. 

Nobody picked Kristin Cavallari to host this year’s Oscars. The host, for the second straight year, was Jimmy Kimmel. She did attend though, & may have presented an award, or introduced 1 of the Best Picture nominees’ clips. But she definitely wasn’t the host; at least not the official 1.

I thought they may have meant Kristen Bell hosting the SAG Awards earlier this year since she was mentioned along with Kristin Cavallari in a post earlier in this thread.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
On 8/5/2018 at 11:27 AM, WarnerCL45 said:

Kristen Bell.  D-list actor who thinks she’s important.

On 8/5/2018 at 3:40 PM, WarnerCL45 said:

Implied!

On 8/15/2018 at 1:13 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Kristen Bell might be on my dislike list, but, she's actually more likely on my, "I'm confused as to why this person is famous" list.  lol I get her confused with Kristin Cavallari, who is also on my "I'm confused as to why this person is famous and still has a tv show list." 

On 8/15/2018 at 9:34 PM, WarnerCL45 said:

Matter of taste.  D-List is in the eye of the beholder.  Every time I see her, I switch channels.  Kristin Cavallari - reality "star"?  Don't know much about her.  

I couldn't disagree with you more!  She is very down-to-earth.  She's constantly posting pictures of her without hair and make-up and doing regular chores like laundry just to give girls a "real" celebrity role model.  She actively contributes (not just throwing money at, but really does a lot personally) for a LOT of charities.  She understands her responsibilities as a celebrity and is very open about her own struggles with depression.  She even refused to say what medication she was on because she wants people who may suffer from any sort of mental illness to see their own doctor and get a diagnoses and prescription from a medical professional, not a celebrity.    

Additionally, D-list is not in the eyes of the beholder, sorry to say.  I'm not saying you have to like her, but a hit comedy show automatically takes an actor out of "D" list.  D list is reserved for people who aren't even talented but are only on reality shows and crap like that. 

In popular usage outside the film industry, an "A-list celebrity" is any person with an admired or desirable social status.[2] Even socialites with popular press coverage and elite associations have been termed as "A-list" celebrities. Similarly, less popular persons and current teen idols are referred to as "B-list" – and the ones with lesser fame "C-list".[3] Entertainment Weekly interpreted C-list celebrity as "that guy (or sometimes that girl), the easy-to-remember but hard-to-name character actor".[4]

"D-list" (or sometimes Z-list) is for a person whose celebrity is so obscure that they are generally only known for appearances as so-called celebrities on panel game shows and reality television

With all that said, I know that sometimes there's just something about a person that I can't stand and I can't put my finger on it.  So, if that's all it is then I respectfully understand and won't argue any further. ;)

There's a lot of people on TV I can't stand.  Most have already been mentioned, so I won't bother mentioning them again.  

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

I couldn't disagree with you more!  She is very down-to-earth.  She's constantly posting pictures of her without hair and make-up and doing regular chores like laundry just to give girls a "real" celebrity role model.  She actively contributes (not just throwing money at, but really does a lot personally) for a LOT of charities.  She understands her responsibilities as a celebrity and is very open about her own struggles with depression.  She even refused to say what medication she was on because she wants people who may suffer from any sort of mental illness to see their own doctor and get a diagnoses and prescription from a medical professional, not a celebrity.    

Additionally, D-list is not in the eyes of the beholder, sorry to say.  I'm not saying you have to like her, but a hit comedy show automatically takes an actor out of "D" list.  D list is reserved for people who aren't even talented but are only on reality shows and crap like that. 

With all that said, I know that sometimes there's just something about a person that I can't stand and I can't put my finger on it.  So, if that's all it is then I respectfully understand and won't argue any further. ;)

There's a lot of people on TV I can't stand.  Most have already been mentioned, so I won't bother mentioning them again.  

In my opinion, “D-List” (or “Z-List”) refers to people like the KarTRASHians, their Jenner half-sisters & their famewhore “momager” (but not Caitlyn, formerly Bruce, Jenner who I consider to have been a “legitimate” celebrity—unlike her former wife, stepchildren, & youngest daughters/children—because, as Bruce Jenner, she won the gold medal in the Decathlon at the 1976 Summer Olympics; her ex-wife having been formerly married to, & her stepchildren having been related to, OJ Simpson’s late former lawyer & best friend, Robert Kardashian didn’t make them legitimate celebrities to me).

”D-List”/“Z-List” people, in my opinion, also include the Markle side of HRH the Duchess of Sussex’s family—at least those Markles who’ve made what’s become a habit of airing their mostly petty (but perhaps some not so petty) grievances with her, & their apparent jealousy of her new royal status & now worldwide level of fame, in (mostly) the British press since her relationship with her now-husband, HRH Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, became public; & who’ve also chosen to attack their new in-laws & their way of life/how they choose to do things, & how they feel it’s affected their relationship with HRH the now Duchess of Sussex since the marriage.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Yes, that is why I cannot stand Kristen Bell, for example. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I couldn't disagree with you more!  She is very down-to-earth.  She's constantly posting pictures of her without hair and make-up and doing regular chores like laundry just to give girls a "real" celebrity role model. 

4 hours ago, Whimsy said:

We will agree to disagree!  (I won't even mention that bit above, although it would be a laugh to see her without hair!)

26 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, that is why I cannot stand Kristen Bell, for example. 

Bless you!  

Celebrity likes and dislikes are very subjective, she's just not my cup of tea.  I will shut up about her, because people like whom they like & I'm not looking to change anyone's mind, just voicing an opinion, per the title of the thread Actors, Hosts, and TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Additionally, D-list is not in the eyes of the beholder, sorry to say.  I'm not saying you have to like her, but a hit comedy show automatically takes an actor out of "D" list. 

Yep.  Liking or disliking someone is entirely personal, but A-List and such is based on how generally recognizable someone is, and what they're known for.  I may not understand why someone has reached A- or B-List fame, given my impression of their skills and personality, but I can't declare them to actually be down on the D- (or Z-List) based on that; they may very well be on my shit list, but that's a separate ranking.  Kristen Bell (whom I've only seen in the commercials with her husband, several of which amused me, but I have a general sense of her other credits) is not obscure, nor is she famous only for being famous (e.g. reality show star or heiress/celebrity offspring whose antics are covered by the tabloids and/or who'll turn up at the opening of an envelope), so she is, by definition, not D-List.

Re. the other Kristen (or Kristin) being discussed, I couldn't pick Cavallari out of a line-up, but as a football fan, I've heard of her as Jay Cutler's wife, who shared the pathetic texts he sent her when he had to actually parent his kids while she was out of town.  I have no opinion on her (unlike her husband, who I said from the beginning was a bad trade for the Bears, but who also gave me moments to think I was wrong), I just remember that amusing me.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

We will agree to disagree!  (I won't even mention that bit above, although it would be a laugh to see her without hair!)

Bless you!  

Celebrity likes and dislikes are very subjective, she's just not my cup of tea.  I will shut up about her, because people like whom they like & I'm not looking to change anyone's mind, just voicing an opinion, per the title of the thread Actors, Hosts, and TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand 

It's perfectly ok to not like her and to voice it.  I just thought I'd share a little bit of the reasons that I do like her. 

But, to stay on topic, I can't stand the following that I don't think have been mentioned: 

Mel B on AGT

Nigel Lythgow (or however you spell it) on SYTYCD

Keith Morrison from Dateline 

Jeff Probst

Lori from Shark Tank (Kevin was already mentioned)

I know there are others, so I'll be back! 

• Love 1

Some are still D-list in my mind no matter what they have accomplished!  D-list = pain in the a$$, overrated, just don’t get them.  Cher, Madonna, Jimmy Fallon, Leonard Cohen, the women of The Talk  .......

• Love 3

^^  OK, OK - last word on this subject.

"D-list" (or sometimes Z-list) is for a person whose celebrity is so obscure that they are generally only known for appearances as so-called celebrities on panel game shows and reality television. In the late 20th century, D-listers were largely ignored by the entertainment news industry"

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

^^  OK, OK - last word on this subject.

"D-list" (or sometimes Z-list) is for a person whose celebrity is so obscure that they are generally only known for appearances as so-called celebrities on panel game shows and reality television. In the late 20th century, D-listers were largely ignored by the entertainment news industry"

Yes, I know the meaning of the term which is why I was pointing out your list of examples aren’t D-List.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Dax Shepherd (who he?).  He and his spouse turn up on the entertainment shows, for some reason.  My opinion, but I don't appear to be alone.  If you like him, feel free.

https://www.celebitchy.com/528943/page_six_hollywood_cant_stand_kristen_bell_and_dax_shepard/

Again, there’s a reason Kristin Bell shows up on entertainment shows.  She’s the lead on a hit NBC show.  She was also in Veronica Mars.  Now Dax, I don’t know.  Maybe he just comes with Kirsten to these things.

• Love 4

Dax Shepherd is the reason I can’t get on the Kristen Bell love train. Yuck! I listened to her talk about him on the JV Club podcast years ago. Seemed like she was trying really hard to talk him up. It was weird. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, roamyn said:

Again, there’s a reason Kristin Bell shows up on entertainment shows.  She’s the lead on a hit NBC show.  She was also in Veronica Mars.  Now Dax, I don’t know.  Maybe he just comes with Kirsten to these things.

I don’t love Dax, but he was on Parenthood for a long time. He’s also been in (not good) movies like CHiPS. But, yeah, he’s just... there... to me. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

I don’t love Dax, but he was on Parenthood for a long time. He’s also been in (not good) movies like CHiPS. But, yeah, he’s just... there... to me. 

I don’t him, so okay, if that’s the case, then there’s no reason why they wouldn’t be on entertainment shows - unlike those who shall not be knamed.

• Love 1

Is Kristen Bell the person who just adores sloths, to the point that news that one is outside reduce her to a joyous tearful puddle, which her husband filmed, and which Ellen DeGeneres delighted in showing over and over and over?  Because that got old fast.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, kassygreene said:

Is Kristen Bell the person who just adores sloths, to the point that news that one is outside reduce her to a joyous tearful puddle, which her husband filmed, and which Ellen DeGeneres delighted in showing over and over and over?  Because that got old fast.

I don't know, but probably.  D & K think they're the cutest things going.  Can't watch either of them.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, kassygreene said:

Is it Bell's fault that Ellen showed the clip over and over? Surely that's Ellen's doing.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Joe said:

Is it Bell's fault that Ellen showed the clip over and over? Surely that's Ellen's doing.

Ellen couldn't have shown it at all if they hadn't already shared it on social media.  So it's at least partially their fault.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Enigma X said:

Who is this southern accented little bald guy on Food Network? That is rhetorical. Don't like him. He seems like a caricature.

I know you said “rhetorical”, but I decided to answer anyway. You’re talking about Jason Smith. He’s from Kentucky, a school cafeteria manager, & he won both a recent edition of The Holiday Baking Championship & a recent edition of Food Network Star (1 of the 2 most recent editions). He’s also (or has been) a judge on The Best Baker in America.

I know Jason seems like a caricature, & it’s up to you to like or not like him, but having been born, & having spent a lotta time, in the south I can tell you there are a lotta people—both male & female—in that part of the country who you could call “caricatures” or “stereotypes” of southerners. If you remember her, country comedienne Minnie Pearl was also 1 (but in real life, she was the genteel, wealthy, southern matron Mrs. Henry [Sarah Colley] Cannon—absolutely nothing like “Minnie Pearl”). Yes, she was another celebrity I got to meet when I was involved with the March of Dimes—which is at least 1 reason I know she was vastly different in reality from the character she played on Hee Haw & various other programs whose target audience was country music lovers.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think that Ronan Farrow is, and has always been, a tattletale little bitch.

If that's an unpopular opinion, I'm still rolling with it.

OMG - thank you!  I would have mentioned him, but didn't feel like getting piled on today!   I still think he & his mom coached his little sister.

• Love 6