Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, janie jones said:

Don't women typically outlive men? People are probably looking for "a place for mom" more often than they're looking for "a place for dad."

There is truth to that. Men also don't tend to live long after their wives pass. So maybe less need for a place for dad.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Leeds said:

There's an ad for some brand of cat litter where they have "cats" dancing upright.  For some reason it completely weirds me out.

I think it's funny. My husband maintains cats would never be caught at a disco. I disagree. 😉

• LOL 5
On 8/29/2022 at 3:48 PM, Dirtybubble said:

School started weeks ago; please make it STOP!

I live in CT. Our local schools just went back on the 31st, and don't forget, lots of commercials air in numerous states. So back to school ads are definitely still relevant for many of us.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 9/8/2022 at 9:08 AM, nokat said:

This one is local. "Are your trash bins filthy, smelly, or infested with spiders and maggots?" Then they show images that have me feeling vomity. Also, bin liners are sold for a reason.

If you have maggots and spiders in your garbage can, plaster liners are not what you need!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

For the maggots, definitely but spiders are our friends.

Well to be fair ,while gross, maggots are our friends also. They eat a lot of stuff that would not be great to have around.  Having said that..soap and water people , soap and water.

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • Like 2
Just now, crazycatlady58 said:

Well to be fair ,while gross, maggots are our friends also. They eat a loy of stuff that would not be great to have around.  Having said that..soap and water people , soap and water.

Yes to this too. They have their purpose. I use a hose and soap though.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Either Drew Barrymore is desperate to be seen or she's lost her damn mind now. 

I gasped in horror when I first saw it today on CNN.   Is that ... Drew Barrymore?!?  Somebody, please, give the girl a movie to star in.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Lume again.  12 hours Non-Lume = 5/10.  Lume =  0/10

I'm no mathemetician, either, but that strikes me as Lume being 50% better, NOT "inifinitely" better.

Better than what?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I'm no mathemetician, either, but that strikes me as Lume being 50% better, NOT "inifinitely" better.

I'm blaming everyone here.  I have literally never seen this ad over all the ad-supported streaming I've done, but today it manages to pop up.  Now I have to know that "Lume" does not rhyme with "plume" like a normal word, it rhymes with "roomie".  Like a stupid word.

And maybe the "infinitely" comes from somehow dividing by the zero?  I can't think clearly enough to put that formula together, though.

• Applause 3
49 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

And maybe the "infinitely" comes from somehow dividing by the zero?  I can't think clearly enough to put that formula together, though.

that's exactly what it is. (And I'm close enough to a mathematicians to say so-- PhD engineer)

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I wonder about Lume's data collection methods.   I know perfume companies pay professional "smellers" handsomely.   What would they have to pay somebody at Lume?

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Oh, now I'm really confused. Why are you dividing by zero?

It's all stupid of course but say after 12 hours, "just a shower was a level of 6 out of 10, and Lume was 3 out of 10." Then Lume would be twice as good as a shower (30% vs 60%, or half as smelly, and the inverse of half would be as "good", so twice as good. So the same "math" would be 0/5 (or zero as smelly) or "infinitely" better. As I said, it's all silly. 

• LOL 4
On 9/9/2022 at 1:15 PM, Crashcourse said:

Either Drew Barrymore is desperate to be seen or she's lost her damn mind now. 

These companies must pay really well because they seem to attract people who I think have other options.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Saw an ad for the Thumbtack app ( for hiring services).  A woman's thumb is talking to her.  To me, it looks like a cut on her thumb talking - gross!  What idiot ad exec thought this was a good idea?

The same one that thought it was a good concept to have a guy's heart talking to him?  (I don't even know what the product is, some DIY heart monitor.)  It is so dumb it makes me question how competent the makers of the device are.

• Love 1
On 9/11/2022 at 4:39 AM, dleighg said:

It's all stupid of course but say after 12 hours, "just a shower was a level of 6 out of 10, and Lume was 3 out of 10."

My question is - how are these pre and post Lume aroma tests being conducted?  I've heard that one cannot detect their own funkness.  Is there a funk-o-meter one squats over pre and post Lume to gage an aroma level?

And even 12 hours post-shower - unless one is digging ditches in 90 degree heat wearing unbreathable clothing for those 12 hours - one shouldn't have an aroma so foul that they'd want to run away from themselves.  There is such a thing as 'clean sweat' .  Mr.Ctlady - back in his gym days - used to shower before going to workout.  He always had a stale, unfresh smell when he got back, but not a ripe, rancid B.O. that emitted choking fumes.  Same with the crotch area.  It may not smell like Irish Spring, but if the aroma resembles parmesan mixed with salami that was left out in the sun, then you don't need Lume - you need a prescription!

• Fire 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 9/9/2022 at 2:14 PM, nokat said:

Flame thrower?

I was thinking of taking out the trash more often. The garbage should have been taken out long before maggots appear. 

I keep seeing a commercial for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios featuring a woman who is being a stick in the mud and ruining her friend's fun, which annoys the crap out of me, but she (presumably) gets killed by Michael Myers, so maybe this commercial isn't so annoying after all... 

• Love 1
On 9/11/2022 at 7:27 AM, Kimboweena said:

Saw an ad for the Thumbtack app ( for hiring services).  A woman's thumb is talking to her.  To me, it looks like a cut on her thumb talking - gross!  What idiot ad exec thought this was a good idea?

That commercial is repulsive.

• Love 2

From the "children who need a smacked in the mouth" department, there's a commercial featuring these two parents coming late and sneaking in (after putting the car in "stealth mode"!) and being confronted by their child and acting like they're children and she's the adult that peeves me. 😡

9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

He’s also Buffalo Bill!

The lotion one or the Dabney Colemen one? 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yep! The transformation is amazing.

image.png.e0b45422a3d07a6c58e284567861e357.png

That is Stottlemeyer??? Really??? I don't see any resemblance! I am gob smacked!!!

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 3