Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

Oh, Panera, I was already repulsed by your advertisements full of rude, messy eaters, but now you've taken it to a whole 'nother level by showing me a dad eating a turkey sandwich off his baby's diapered butt. Stop it. Just...stop it.

Well, they did say lettuce should be dirty, so ...

• Love 6

I hate hate hate the Vagisil commercial where the two roommates are discussing how bad their day was to determine which of them was more deserving of getting to masturbate in the shower first.

It's actually Summer's Eve lavender night-time feminine cleansing wash: http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7czw/summers-eve-shower

The copy on their website is equally annoying: http://www.summerseve.com/products/cleansing-wash-nt

After an intense workout or just an average day of workin’ it, some of us ladies like to shower at night. So we’ve created Summer’s Eve Night-time Cleansing Wash. Its soothing lavender fragrance helps wash away the day. And calming botanical extracts relax you into a great night’s sleep. Sweet dreams, here we come.

Just STOP IT with the verbal text-speak on the latest McD commercial! Gah!

Does this make ANYONE want to eat mcdonalds?

They lost me at pronouncing "L8" as "ell-eight" rather than "late." Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 4

The emoji (or other "one touch" means of ordering; I forget what Domino's calls it) only works if one has already created an account with Domino's and registered a favorite order -- it's that order, method of payment, delivery address, etc. that gets put into motion.  If Hyland wanted to change it up, she'd have to do more work than texting an emoji.

Hang on a sec; Domino's just got done with a big campaign about their variety of food, and they follow up with a way to do a single favorite pizza order with a single pizza emoji? Is that all they programmed or just all they're advertising?

• Love 3

You can only order one thing via Domino's AnyWare—your presaved "easy order." But these commercials have gotten a whole lot of people talking. And you can't order via tweet without following @dominos.

https://anyware.dominos.com

Step 1: Create a Pizza Profile and an Easy Order. An Easy Order is your favorite Domino's order, how you want to get it (Delivery or Carryout), your payment information, and your address.

Step 2: Sign up for Tweet Ordering in your Pizza Profile at Dominos.com.

Step 3: Tweet #Easyorder or the pizza emoji to @Dominos and confirm your order by Twitter direct message. If you do not confirm your order within 20 minutes, it will not be placed.

• Love 1

I remember some commercials years ago where a company tried to make fun of people for writing checks instead of using credit cards. They made me want to throw something at my tv :D.

Look, as long as you prefilled out the check with everything except for the total before you get to the register, I'm cool with people using checks.
  • Love 10

Look, as long as you prefilled out the check with everything except for the total before you get to the register, I'm cool with people using checks.

Thank you!  Did you not know you were at Target before you got in line?  Or that you would have to sign and memo the check you were planning on using?  Or how about that you would need a pen, did you stop to think about that, or are we going to be subjected to 10 minutes of you rooting in your purse and swearing  you remember you had a pen in there somewhere.

• Love 7

Honestly your guess is as good as mine. Either that, or "my day was so bad I simply must clean my vagina, stat."

The lavender is supposed to be calming and soothing.  So according to Summer's Eve, women relax after a bad day by washing their external genitalia with lavender scented "feminine" wash.  Y'know, nothing relaxes me like washing my labia.  I spend hours in the shower rubbing overly perfumed soaps all over it.  Then I finish my evening by eating sweetened milk snot, er, yogurt..  Oh wait, I am not a TV commercial woman.  I might take a shower at the end the day but not to spend quality time with my "V".  And I understand that unless I get seriously over-zealous when bathing, I am not washing my vagina.  It's a self-cleaning model.  

UGH! And do they mean pre-lubricated? "Self-lubricating" implies that it starts off not lubricated...and then just is. What the hell is going on here?!

Now I am imaging spurting catheters.  Thanks for that.  Someone needs to explain to the writer that language matters.  

• Love 16

Muffyn, you just made me chortle.  Loudly.  At work.  lol

I'm pretty sure I can write a check in the time it takes some people to figure out the debit/credit card reader, or count out their change.  It's a push.

• Love 7

The lavender is supposed to be calming and soothing.  So according to Summer's Eve, women relax after a bad day by washing their external genitalia with lavender scented "feminine" wash.  Y'know, nothing relaxes me like washing my labia.  I spend hours in the shower rubbing overly perfumed soaps all over it.  Then I finish my evening by eating sweetened milk snot, er, yogurt..  Oh wait, I am not a TV commercial woman.  I might take a shower at the end the day but not to spend quality time with my "V".  And I understand that unless I get seriously over-zealous when bathing, I am not washing my vagina.  It's a self-cleaning model.  

Back in 2010, Summer's Eve ran a print ad in Woman's Day offering helpful hints on asking your boss for a raise. Number one on the list? Washing your V.. With their Feminine Wash, of course. And keeping a supply of their Cleansing Cloths in your purse, just in case.(Summer's Eve later apologized and retracted the ad.)
  • Love 4

Okay, Television:  ENOUGH is ENOUGH.  No more V stuff!  I am purely sick to death of vaginal washes and IUD's and tampons and pee pads and catheters and pee PANTS and squirming ladies!

I want to know exactly when people became so frigging fascinated with not only their own bathroom habits, but the bathroom habits of total strangers, since it wasn't until recently that that damn British woman who asks random people if they go commando showed up. Has that always been a thing and I just didn't know about it?

• Love 11

I do not get from that Summer's Eve ad that those women are planning to masturbate in the shower.

Well, it's special soap to just scrub your kootchiepop. And they need to use it to recover from their terrible day. Leads me to believe they're going to "relax" in the shower.
  • Love 5

Step 3: Tweet #Easyorder or the pizza emoji to @Dominos and confirm your order by Twitter direct message. If you do not confirm your order within 20 minutes, it will not be placed.

Yeah I am not telling the whole world every time I order a pizza by actually putting it in a tweet.   I'll call or use the online order so it's just between me and the NSA.

Also, regarding writing checks -- nothing I hate more than people who get all the way up to the cashier, all their items checked out then they start digging out their wallet.   Like having to pay was a HUGE surprise.   "Oh you mean I have to give you money after standing in this line forever?   The line is not to just walk out of the store with the items?"

• Love 6

Well, it's special soap to just scrub your kootchiepop. And they need to use it to recover from their terrible day. Leads me to believe they're going to "relax" in the shower.

Quick, someone cue Frankie goes to Hollywood. Or are we not at rock bottom yet.

• Love 4

Only if there is a special "masculine" wash to be used on the detachable penis.  

There should be, the guy found his detachable penis laying out at a garage sale....that can't be sanitary.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 9

If you want McDonalds to serve lunch at breakfast, you should start a twitter/facebook campaign with poorly spelled demands.....I'll get you started

"WUUUUUTTTTT, McDonaldz wok up @ 9in morn, no chix nuggies y?  Will stb a nun if no frnch frys in my belly :(  gimme frnh fry McDonaldz unless u h8 nunz!"

That was very funny. Sadly, I'm not into Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc) because I hate it very much. There is nothing but mostly idiots on there pissing me off on a daily basis.

You can only order one thing via Domino's AnyWare—your presaved "easy order." But these commercials have gotten a whole lot of people talking. And you can't order via tweet without following @dominos.

https://anyware.dominos.com

Step 1: Create a Pizza Profile and an Easy Order. An Easy Order is your favorite Domino's order, how you want to get it (Delivery or Carryout), your payment information, and your address.

Step 2: Sign up for Tweet Ordering in your Pizza Profile at Dominos.com.

And that right there is a perfect example of why I can't stand Social Media. Why would I want to tweet to Dominos about a pizza order when a simple phone call to them would be much simpler & less of a headache? Basically, its stupid & pointless. I don't know who came up with that idea at Dominos, but that person needs to be punched in the face. 

Speaking of someone who needs a punch in the face, I can't watch the NFL without having to see Jan from Toyota all the time. I can't stand her condescending attitude & its making me want to avoid Toyota by any means necessary. I wouldn't mind putting her & Flo from Progressive into a pool of lava. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLEt92B_daA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oed0jKs_Jg  (All of Wal-Mart Star Wars commercials)

I can also do without having to put up with the recent Wal Mart commercials promoting Star Wars toys. I know that the next Star Wars movie (The Force) will be in theaters in 2 months (Dec 18th), but it pisses me off that I have to deal with Wal Mart pimping this stuff with their unfunny commercials. Its not like Star Wars needs the money or the promotion. That franchise can sell itself without Wal Mart's help in mocking it.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 5

No dummy, we all shower together so we can wash each others boobies and practice kissing.

Well that works for me on so many levels.

As for Star Wars not needing the money. Well you are so wrong there. Disney owns Star Wars and both wants and needs all the money. I am 90% sure that there is a subliminal narcotic buried in the Frozen movie. That all people are susceptible to unfortunately more so for women of all ages.

• Love 5

Why would I want to tweet to Dominos about a pizza order when a simple phone call to them would be much simpler & less of a headache?

To get a discount? When they rolled out ordering on their web site, they had promotions offering special pricing if you ordered that way. At some point I expect they'll be doing something similar for tweeting.

• Love 2
Yeah I am not telling the whole world every time I order a pizza by actually putting it in a tweet.   I'll call or use the online order so it's just between me and the NSA.

I don’t use Twitter, so I didn’t think about tweets not being just between the person sending it and the person it’s being sent to – so everyone who follows the consumer of crappy pizza on Twitter will see the pizza emoji?

After an intense workout or just an average day of workin’ it, some of us ladies like to shower at night. So we’ve created Summer’s Eve Night-time Cleansing Wash. Its soothing lavender fragrance helps wash away the day. And calming botanical extracts relax you into a great night’s sleep.

Not content with trying to convince women their bodies require special cleaning products, they'd now like us to believe we require separate soaps for day and night?

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7

Ok, so here's the thing: that ad with the song from Oliver!, clearly doing a bad job, because although I love musicals, and actually quite enjoy that one, I am so so so so so so so sick of having that song stuck in my head. And I don't even remember what they're advertising. That's an ad fail right there.

• Love 1

I have never had squid ink before. But, I'm starting to get fascinated about it. Unlike those BK black buns, squid ink looks healthy & delicious. I don't know what Burger King put in those buns to make them black, but its not squid ink & its probably something absolutely vile. I have never eaten a Whopper before (I don't like Whopper, Big Mac, or any type of hamburger) & I'm certainly wouldn't be eating one now. I'm not surprised that Burger King haven't tried to make their buns blue, red, pink, purple, or aqua.

There is nothing special about McDonald's selling breakfast items all day. If Wawa does that (they only serve breakfast till 11AM), then its something to get excited about. Besides, I can't get Chicken Nuggets or French Fries (the only things at McDonald's that are not revolting) at 9 in the morning. They need to do something about that.

What is a Wawa?

• Love 1

And be sure to tell your doctor if you're pregnant, have liver disease, or have been to a region where certain fungal infections occur.

I've never understood this. Wouldn't your Dr already know if you have heart disease, diabetes or are on certain medications? My Dr knows everything about me and my medications and various ailments and diseases.

• Love 3

There is one commercial I CAN'T STAND

eharmony where the little girl brings the boy in to the crypt keeper

Please................boys at that age think girls have cooties

• Love 2

I've never understood this. Wouldn't your Dr already know if you have heart disease, diabetes or are on certain medications? My Dr knows everything about me and my medications and various ailments and diseases.

You'd think so, but apparently it isn't unheard of for people to doctor-shop until they find one who will write the prescription.

• Love 3

There is one commercial I CAN'T STAND

eharmony where the little girl brings the boy in to the crypt keeper

Please................boys at that age think girls have cooties

Its a well known fact that EHarmony commercials promote child marriage.  ;)

• Love 2