Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

Yoplait continues its legacy of annoying commercials.

This does not make me want to buy your crappy yogurt.  Please stop trying.  An adult woman with a french accent who appears to have the brain of a 5 year old doesn't sweeten the pot.  I also don't need subtitles, but I'm sure you think that's going to convince me that Yoplait is really, the hip, edgy yogurt I should be eating.

• Love 10

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the first woman they show is trying to hide her true identity? First, her really bad wig, second, WTF kind of voice is that? It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I hate this commercial.

What a wonderful way to convince people to spend money they don't have on crap they will never use.

And I like how you know its legit because they come up with exact dollars and cents for the items. 

• Love 5

And I like how you know its legit because they come up with exact dollars and cents for the items. 

That's because they make all their money on the bids, not the stuff you're bidding on.

• Love 3

Cute dress, though.  WTF does she have two spoons for?  I mean, other than to make eyebrow jewelry?

I guess she wants to eat twice as much crappy yogurt?  Or given her demonstrated mental capacity she may have just forgotten she already had another spoon.

That's because they make all their money on the bids, not the stuff you're bidding on.

So, whats the hustle here -- do you pay to get onto the site, is it like Ebay where the site takes a percentage of the sale price?

I feel like any site luring older people with the promise of $2.53 IPhones has to be hustle-y

• Love 3

So, whats the hustle here -- do you pay to get onto the site, is it like Ebay where the site takes a percentage of the sale price?

You buy bids (I think at 0.60 each) in packages, so every time you bid, it costs you 0.60. If you look closely during the commercial when the person says "I won this whatever for $32.17" you'll see in very tiny letters something about them bidding 854 times which adds another $512.40 to the cost of the item. Of course, that's only if you win, if you don't win, you lose your bid money & get nothing.

• Love 5

You buy bids (I think at 0.60 each) in packages, so every time you bid, it costs you 0.60. If you look closely during the commercial when the person says "I won this whatever for $32.17" you'll see in very tiny letters something about them bidding 854 times which adds another $512.40 to the cost of the item. Of course, that's only if you win, if you don't win, you lose your bid money & get nothing.

Oh my, I have to admit, thats a clever hustle

• Love 3

I am completely baffled by these commercials. I was unaware that there's some sort of razor crisis going on.

I was home quite a bit over the weekend and saw that awful DraftKings commercial dozens of times. I looked for the disclaimer "for douchebags only" but I guess the commercial does more than imply that.

I think the idea is that blades for the major razor brands are very expensive for what shouldn't be that pricey a product.  Which they are.

• Love 3

I think it's an unpopular opinion here but I actually like yogurt and would rather eat it than a crappy doughnut which will probably make me sick.

I like yogurt, I don't like Yoplait.  Based on taste, and on principal.

• Love 8

This does not make me want to buy your crappy yogurt.  Please stop trying.  An adult woman with a french accent who appears to have the brain of a 5 year old doesn't sweeten the pot.  I also don't need subtitles, but I'm sure you think that's going to convince me that Yoplait is really, the hip, edgy yogurt I should be eating.

These commercials don't actually bother me, but I don't understand them.  Why the subtitles?  Are they trying to imply that it's an imported commercial?  If it is an imported commercial, we still don't need the subtitles.  I'm sorry, but anyone who needs subtitles for that commercial needs to work on their capacity to understand accents.

• Love 2

Are there that many people out there who are totaling brand new cars left and right?

I'd hazard a guess and say "no" - that's exactly why Liberty Mutual imposed those specific limits.  So they rarely have to pay out but schmucks who don't read the fine print will pay through the nose for their fancy pants coverage.

• Love 3

Are they the ones who try to convince me that Greek yogurt doesn't have to be thick?  Because, if so, they are wrong.  Greek-style yogurt should be thick and on the tart/sour side.  Otherwise it's just yogurt.

• Love 4

Are they the ones who try to convince me that Greek yogurt doesn't have to be thick?  Because, if so, they are wrong.  Greek-style yogurt should be thick and on the tart/sour side.  Otherwise it's just yogurt.

yes, all yogurt can taste like watery, disgusting Yoplait if you just wish hard enough.

But yeah -- that drives me batty, if you don't want thick yogurt stop eating Greek yogurt and just eat regular yogurt!  Its like saying you want to eat extra sharp cheddar cheese, but you don't want it to be tangy, you want it to taste super salty and be in pre-packaged slices.....well buy American cheese than!

• Love 7

She hadn't made the first payment and some drunk ran a red light & T-boned her. Totalled her new, red Contour.  She got another one, blue this time.  I have no idea how much she had to pay & how much her insurance paid for it

Nothing. It would have been the drunk's insurance company on the hook for all expenses.

• Love 2

Yoplait should not be able to call itself yogurt.  Just like some "cheese" has to be labled "cheese product" - it should be the same with Yoplait and its ilk. 

• Love 7

Yoplait should not be able to call itself yogurt.  Just like some "cheese" has to be labled "cheese product" - it should be the same with Yoplait and its ilk. 

LOL - Yoplait = "yogurt product."

Apparently Yopliat wants to be everything it isnt, key lime pie, boston creme pie, apple turnover, decent tasting greek yogurt.  I'm guessing its hard to sell people on eating watery flavorless yogurt.

• Love 9

NeeYOO-dle?  Wow I haven't seen this one yet, but yuck!  No need for that!

Hee. It is the Swanson broth commercial.

There are three people talking about their best noodle soup. The "neeYOO-dle" lady is the third one, a woman in a striped shirt.

I need to get a life. I am aware. :)

• Love 2

Apparently Yopliat wants to be everything it isnt, key lime pie, boston creme pie, apple turnover, decent tasting greek yogurt.  I'm guessing its hard to sell people on eating watery flavorless yogurt.

The 'Boston Creme Pie' version is an abomination before any and all deities.  I made the mistake of trying it so that you don't have to.

• Love 11

Thank you both for that information!  Those are two of my MOST favorite desserts; Key Lime Pie and Boston Cream Pie.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen their commercial and thought, "Hmm, maybe it really DOES taste like that.".  You SAVED ME!!

• Love 7

Thank you both for that information!  Those are two of my MOST favorite desserts; Key Lime Pie and Boston Cream Pie.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen their commercial and thought, "Hmm, maybe it really DOES taste like that.".  You SAVED ME!!

LOL -- After I tried the Boston Creme Pie flavor I went to Boston and refused to eat actual Boston Creme Pie because I assumed it was disgusting.

• Love 4

Then yall steer clear of lemon meringue pie, blackberry cobbler and ghost pepper delight! My daughter does actually like the orange and cream (like creamsicles) but shes only 10 yrs old. My new fav is the Yoplait Plenti Greek with the seeds and flax and grains... years back they used to make a similar product called "breakfast yogurt" It was awesome! My man HATES IT--he says he like Yoplait!   (hahahhaha). Oh well, Kroger here gives it for free every other month it seems in their weekly freebie coupon.

• Love 1

Then yall steer clear of lemon meringue pie, blackberry cobbler and ghost pepper delight! My daughter does actually like the orange and cream (like creamsicles) but shes only 10 yrs old. My new fav is the Yoplait Plenti Greek with the seeds and flax and grains... years back they used to make a similar product called "breakfast yogurt" It was awesome! My man HATES IT--he says he like Yoplait!   (hahahhaha). Oh well, Kroger here gives it for free every other month it seems in their weekly freebie coupon.

ghost pepper delight?!????? sweet baby jebus that sounds awful!

• Love 4

ok I made the ghost pepper up. but its as ridiculous.  Which brings me to Lays flavor campaign!!!

BOOO-YAAAA

Reuben? Chicken and Waffle? Biscuits and Gravy, ect

t​

Don't play there is probably some Yoplait executive lurking who just got a bright idea for a new watery yogurt to bring to market.

I haven't eaten a regular chip probably in about 5 years, but I'm so curious about what a Chicken and Waffle chip would taste like.  I have had actual chicken and waffles and that is amazingly delicious -- but how can anyone capture that magic in a chip....its like trying to bottle up a rainbow!

Actually, I WOULD eat the Lay's special flavor line-up; they all sound pretty yummy.

NOT that "breakfast yogurt" stuff you were talking about!  Seeds?!  Grains?!  FLAX?!

YAHHHHH!

I still don't know what a flax seed is, and how it differs from a chia seed.  I also don't know what a chia seed is.  What is a flax seed?

I remember when seeds only came in sunflower, pumpkin and sesame.....the good old days :)

• Love 4

ok I made the ghost pepper up. but its as ridiculous.  Which brings me to Lays flavor campaign!!!

BOOO-YAAAA

Reuben? Chicken and Waffle? Biscuits and Gravy, ect

t​

Actually, I WOULD eat the Lay's special flavor line-up; they all sound pretty yummy.

Trust me on this, stear clear of the Lay's "special" flavors. The New York Reuben tastes kind of like....rye bread? maybe? Biscuits and Gravy tastes like pepper, the West Coast Truffle Fries tastes like, well, potato chips, with maybe something extra but it's not identifiable as truffle. The Greektown Gyro, now that is really something, as in "Oh God, something is in my mouth". I wouldn't eat any of them again.

• Love 4

There's a new Cheerios commercial where the food engineer talks about removing gluten and why the process is necessary despite oats being naturally gluten free. It was actually informative. What pissed me off was the Honey Nut Cheerios Bee was buzzing around him and beeing annoying.  It was supposed to be funny. It was distracting and made me want to squash the Bee. This is coming from someone who loves that damn Bee and would sing along to the Nelly commercial.   

• Love 4

There's a new Cheerios commercial where the food engineer talks about removing gluten and why the process is necessary despite oats being naturally gluten free. It was actually informative. What pissed me off was the Honey Nut Cheerios Bee was buzzing around him and beeing annoying. It was supposed to be funny. It was distracting and made me want to squash the Bee. This is coming from someone who loves that damn Bee and would sing along to the Nelly commercial.

I thought Usher was in that commercial--maybe more than 1--not Nelly.

I still don't know what a flax seed is, and how it differs from a chia seed.  I also don't know what a chia seed is.  What is a flax seed?

According to Google, chia seeds are a species of flowering plant of the mint family, native to southern and central Mexico and Guatemala. I once bought a drink from the Fresh Market (a sort of high end grocery store) that had chia seeds in it. Not good.

• Love 1

I thought Usher was in that commercial--maybe more than 1--not Nelly.

Both did commercials. Nelly or Ride with Me were featured in three or four commercials.  I remembered them slightly differently - thought Nelly was actually in all of them. Looking back on it, I'm kind of ashamed for liking them....but not really. Heeey must be the honey!

Nelly:

Edited by Cocka doodle dont
  • Love 1

According to Google, chia seeds are a species of flowering plant of the mint family, native to southern and central Mexico and Guatemala. I once bought a drink from the Fresh Market (a sort of high end grocery store) that had chia seeds in it. Not good.

I recall an SNL sketch/fake ad about Chia Head, where you put the chia seeds on your own head & sprouted greenery.  Kevin Nealon proceeded to pluck some of the chia sprouts and eat it right off his head...almost like eating ice cream out of your skull.

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 6

I've seen drinks with Chia seeds in them at Whole Foods, but they always looks so thick and gelatinous because the chia seeds are suspended in it.  I was super tempted to spend like $4.00 on it, so I'm to know it could be gross.

I put chia seed in my yogurt or protein smooties for added fiber. Flax seed is great for the same, but has more fat. 

Between yours and Cobalt Stargazers post I actually have a good idea of what chia seeds are.  

But question, if flax seeds and chia seeds offer the benefit of fiber, why would anyone choose flax if it has more fat?  Do flax seeds have something else?

She looks like a yoghurt bitch.

She is a total yogurt bitch and I bet she has a refrigerator full of disgusting Yoplait yogurts that her husband isn't allowed to look, touch, or think about while she gabs on the phone with her equally bitchy friend about watery disgusting Yoplait yogurts that don't taste like pie, or turnovers or anything other than watery crap.

And just as an aside -- why would you automatically assume that girls want to play princess fairy with dad?  It's 2015, can we show little girls playing something else every once in a while?

And yes -- why is she so butthurt that he is playing with his daughters.  I guess he should just ignore them and secretly hope for boys so he can be a man again.  Oh wait -- now you can have frozen pizza delivered to your house that will do it for you.  Because apparently playing with your little girls doesn't make you a man, but pizza will.

• Love 12

There's a new Cheerios commercial where the food engineer talks about removing gluten and why the process is necessary despite oats being naturally gluten free. It was actually informative. What pissed me off was the Honey Nut Cheerios Bee was buzzing around him and beeing annoying.  It was supposed to be funny. It was distracting and made me want to squash the Bee. This is coming from someone who loves that damn Bee and would sing along to the Nelly commercial.   

So Honey Nut Cheerios are gluten free but still have high fructose corn syrup.

• Love 1

So Honey Nut Cheerios are gluten free but still have high fructose corn syrup.

I was under the impression corn gluten was safe for celiacs (assuming one were sure it hadn't been contaminated with other stuff, which seems to be the angle of the Cheerios ad).