Type keyword(s) to search

Hotties of the XXXI Olympiad

Following TWOP Olympic tradition, a thread for admiring the physiques of the most talented athletes on the planet. If you are linking to images that are possibly NSFW, please note it clearly in the post.

• Love 4
On July 12, 2016 at 3:32 PM, madhacker said:

could his speedos possibly be any smaller? God, Dustin Lance Black (his soon to be husband) is so lucky......

I predict they will be smaller during the games.  Did you watch the US Olympic trials?  I thought we might have a wardrobe malfunction; the suits are tinier than ever.

1 hour ago, luvbadtv said:

I predict they will be smaller during the games.  Did you watch the US Olympic trials?  I thought we might have a wardrobe malfunction; the suits are tinier than ever.

That makes up for the full body armor that the swimmers wear.

• Love 4

My favorite thread! I can't wait to pick out my Olympic boyfriend. 2012 featured Nathan Adrian for me.

Cursory look: Jake Dalton, Sam Mikulak (but oh so short - I'm 5'9"), Madison Hughes, Matt Anderson (but why the beard? He has a fantastic jawline. Fun fact- we matched on Bumble a few months back).

Edited by againstthewind
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, againstthewind said:

My favorite thread! I can't wait to pick out my Olympic boyfriend. 2012 featured Nathan Adrian for me.

Cursory look: Jake Dalton, Sam Mikulak (but oh so short - I'm 5'9"), Madison Hughes, Matt Anderson (but why the beard? He has a fantastic jawline. Fun fact- we matched on Bumble a few months back).

Ah, man. I'm getting old. These guys are cute but look like babies. I'd feel like a pedophile if I started lusted after any of them. Maybe it's because I have a teenage boy, and these athletes aren't much older than he is. *sigh* What a waste of nice abs. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, topanga said:

Ah, man. I'm getting old. These guys are cute but look like babies. I'd feel like a pedophile if I started lusted after any of them. Maybe it's because I have a teenage boy, and these athletes aren't much older than he is. *sigh* What a waste of nice abs. 

I feel a bit of the same way - I'm 28 and they are only 3 years younger or so than me though. I feel like I'm getting old.

6 hours ago, againstthewind said:

I'll take Sam off of your hands :) I'm only 4'10" so he's perfect (so long as he grows out that horrible flag cut-out in the side of his hair...)

11 hours ago, againstthewind said:

Thumbs up on Matt Anderson and he is from my hometown!!

Love that this thread started with one of the all time hotties, Alexandre Despatie.

• Love 1

Camille Lacourt's competing in men's 100m backstroke. (Google's added a feature this Olympics where any search for an athlete who's competing will show you what events they're in as the top result.)

In related news, Ning Zetao is competing for China in two men's freestyle events.

• Love 2

All credit to him, then, for playing Nina Arianda's "sex idiot" on that episode of 30 Rock. The joke of that role was exactly "don't even try, just stand there and look pretty."

11 hours ago, tanyak said:

I was coming to post this. I seriously love it. Good ole' Ry-Ry 

I went to the Olympic swim trials.  Ryan seemed to be carrying a bit of pudge in his mid-sections.  And by pudge, I mean excellent shape, but not as toned as I'm used to an Olympic swimmer being.

As a woman, I feel I should complain about the tiny beach volleyball 'uniforms' -- BUT on the other hand, we got the men's diving 'how low can you go' Speedos, so... equal opportunity ogling.  :)

---

Was kinda mesmerized by Adam Peaty's chest in swimming:

2AE121D500000578-0-image-m-6_14593816107

Bonus points for being a redhead. :)

Edited by Trini
  • Love 5

I hate volleyball. It was always the one sport in PE I abhorred. And then I saw the US men's indoor team today. Wow. Special shoutout to 

Matt Anderson and Aaron Russell. Micah Christenson is also adorable, but more in a "I want to feed him tea and cookies: kind of way. 

Edited by sab85

It has been decided. My Olympics boyfriend for Rio is Nicola Philippaerts (Belgian Equestrian competitor).  He's so pretty.  And he has an identical twin brother if anyone wants to join me :)

U.S. Male Gymnasts Want to Be Objectified 

So the men’s team has been brainstorming ways to market their sport better. They would like to be objectified.

“Maybe compete with our shirts off,” said U.S. star Sam Mikulak, the four-time, reigning all-around national champion. “People make fun of us for wearing tights. But if they saw how yoked we are maybe that would make a difference.”

Sam Mikulak

BN-PH083_madmen_M_20160807183437.jpg

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

They could go old-school Olympics and compete in the nude.  Pommel horse might be a bit tricky, though...

Of course.  "Gymnastics" comes from the Greek word for "naked," after all (γύμνος).

• Love 2