Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I get really annoyed with The Sun when their headline is all about a Duggar "breaking the family rules," and they tend to do this with Jinger more than anyone else. I would argue that probably more than anyone else she is following her headship's rules to a tee, and that headship happens to be Jeremy Vuolo.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I get really annoyed with The Sun when their headline is all about a Duggar "breaking the family rules," and they tend to do this with Jinger more than anyone else. I would argue that probably more than anyone else she is following her headship's rules to a tee, and that headship happens to be Jeremy Vuolo.

Also, Jinger wearing shorts is an old story.  I think she's been wearing them a couple years.  It's nice to see her looking healthy.  Those ones where she looked painfully thin were probably heavily filtered.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

Also, Jinger wearing shorts is an old story.  I think she's been wearing them a couple years.  It's nice to see her looking healthy.  Those ones where she looked painfully thin were probably heavily filtered.

Jinger was first seen wearing shorts way back on he honeymoon in 2016.  There are literally dozens of photos of her out there wearing them.

• Like 3

These two are so terrible at the influencer thing. They are unable to focus on a particular endeavor. The book already forgotten in favor of yet another try at making Jinger the avid home cook happen. No Duggar is ever going to be taken seriously as a good cook. 

• Like 5
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

She’s in the running for the dimmest Duggar in my book.

If it was any other woman in her early twenties, I'd probably give them some leeway regarding not knowing, but these girls were supposedly raised to be housewives, and yet we've seen time and again they know very little about cooking and cleaning.

• Like 9
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

If it was any other woman in her early twenties, I'd probably give them some leeway regarding not knowing, but these girls were supposedly raised to be housewives, and yet we've seen time and again they know very little about cooking and cleaning.

Jinger's 28 years old. Her early twenties are in the rear view mirror, and she's the mother of two kids. Not that I expect any Duggarling to be a masterful cook. I'd like to think she's learned enough cooking skilz to at least keep her kids fed. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

Pardon my ignorance, didn’t watch the video. Does the tater tot disaster call for evaporated milk? 

She poured it from a bowl, not a can, so we couldn't see a label, and she mentioned both evaporated and condensed milk, but it was too thick to be evaporated milk.  It looks like she put condensed milk which would make it very sweet.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

She poured it from a bowl, not a can, so we couldn't see a label, and she mentioned both evaporated and condensed milk, but it was too thick to be evaporated milk.  It looks like she put condensed milk which would make it very sweet.

Well, it’s not like they were going to eat it anyway. 

Funny thing is that while waiting for SGirl I was on Tik Tok. First video up was a talking head with Josiah & Jason, then Jessa, Jana, and Joe individually. The subject? How much they loathed TTC. Worse, when they visited people they would be served that slop because the hosts thought they all liked it. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

And presumably, she’s actually making the recipe in her post, right? So the ingredients are right there?

ETA - I see others have said it might actually have been condensed milk. Eewww!

Edited by AstridM
  • LOL 1
19 minutes ago, AstridM said:

And presumably, she’s actually making the recipe in her post, right? So the ingredients are right there?

ETA - I see others have said it might actually have been condensed milk. Eewww!

I missed seeing that.  So, yes, she listed evaporated milk in the ingredients below the video, but she put in condensed milk.

• Mind Blown 5
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

A can of C. of mushroom soup and condensed milk would look similar.  That sounds more likely.

They do? I thought condensed milk is shorter and wider. I could be really wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

A can of C. of mushroom soup and condensed milk would look similar.  That sounds more likely.

She put in three little bowls of stuff: a bowl of cream of mushroom soup, a bowl of cream of chicken soup, and a bowl of (presumably) condensed milk.  

• Love 2

So typical of them to post something completely off brand. They’re so scattered. They veer from bro biblical scholar, to gorging on fatty foods, to soccer dude, children’s book “author”, candle shop proprietor, religious clothes and shoe designer, now back to jinger’s Arkansas and junk food Duggar roots. 

can someone search property records and see if they own the place?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, awaken said:

So typical of them to post something completely off brand. They’re so scattered. They veer from bro biblical scholar, to gorging on fatty foods, to soccer dude, children’s book “author”, candle shop proprietor, religious clothes and shoe designer, now back to jinger’s Arkansas and junk food Duggar roots. 

can someone search property records and see if they own the place?

Unlike Duggar AR searches where you can search by name, you need an address to hunt down records for Jinjer's house in LA County. I'm sure our crack team of sleuths can find out! 😀

• Useful 2

Tater Tots with condensed milk sounds awful.  I would think the texture would be changed, as well as being very sweet. I have avoided Tater Tots ever since I slipped on one in the school cafeteria and had two shoulder surgeries.  Those things are very slippery.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Well, it’s not like they were going to eat it anyway. 

Funny thing is that while waiting for SGirl I was on Tik Tok. First video up was a talking head with Josiah & Jason, then Jessa, Jana, and Joe individually. The subject? How much they loathed TTC. Worse, when they visited people they would be served that slop because the hosts thought they all liked it. 

I remember Jinger saying much the same at one time. She dislikes it, but chooses to serve the slop to her young kids? 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

Just like many kids love Kraft's mac & cheese.

Completely different than tater tot slop with condensed milk, imho. Jinger must have forgotten saying how much she hated tater tot casserole growing up when she chose that for a video. 😆

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, awaken said:

This is so odd to me. I tend not to read much subtext into any of the Duggars' social media posts because none of them are deep enough for subtext, but Jinger making tater tot casserole is throwing me off to a ridiculous degree. What does it mean?! Is she trying to prove she's not a wannabe elitist desperate to shed her bumpkin roots? Is she giving her primary followers--fans of the show--the kind of content she thinks they'd like? Was she feeling homesick and making ttc was her way of feeling better + giving her something to post? Was she feeling nostalgic for the days when her family had more fans than critics and ttc is a symbol of that time even though she never actually liked? Was this some subtle way to kiss JB/M's ass for some reason?

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, lascuba said:

This is so odd to me. I tend not to read much subtext into any of the Duggars' social media posts because none of them are deep enough for subtext, but Jinger making tater tot casserole is throwing me off to a ridiculous degree. What does it mean?! Is she trying to prove she's not a wannabe elitist desperate to shed her bumpkin roots? Is she giving her primary followers--fans of the show--the kind of content she thinks they'd like? Was she feeling homesick and making ttc was her way of feeling better + giving her something to post? Was she feeling nostalgic for the days when her family had more fans than critics and ttc is a symbol of that time even though she never actually liked? Was this some subtle way to kiss JB/M's ass for some reason?

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

52BD2DC4-F592-4671-9A18-873876848F5E.jpeg

This picture confuses me....I spy some curly hair under Jeremy's chin and what looks like a black glove - did he cover his daughter's face with his hand to take this picture?  Is including any portion of their heads in a picture of him and Jinger really even necessary, since we are profoundly aware that he's decided to no longer show their faces on social media - if so, why include any portion of them, including their distinct curly hair?

That said, I'm looking forward to Jinger's next cooking video - tuna with BBQ sauce.

• LOL 8
42 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This picture confuses me....I spy some curly hair under Jeremy's chin and what looks like a black glove - did he cover his daughter's face with his hand to take this picture?  Is including any portion of their heads in a picture of him and Jinger really even necessary, since we are profoundly aware that he's decided to no longer show their faces on social media - if so, why include any portion of them, including their distinct curly hair?

That said, I'm looking forward to Jinger's next cooking video - tuna with BBQ sauce.

I think the black is a hair bow...apparently the whole family went matchy matchy in black.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Completely different than tater tot slop with condensed milk, imho. Jinger must have forgotten saying how much she hated tater tot casserole growing up when she chose that for a video. 😆

I didn't watch the video. Did Jing mention it was great paired with homemade bread and a fresh salad??

• LOL 17
On 9/6/2022 at 5:05 PM, AstridM said:

Is it from Arkansas though?

I personally don't associate it with Arkansas cooking myself. Not saying people here don't make it, but I've never actually been served one or encountered one, despite living most of my life here. I also never hear about anyone in my social circle making it for dinner. I've also rummaged through my fair share of my county's local cookbooks--like fundraising projects for various organizations, libraries, and churches--and can't say I've spotted tater tot casserole recipes in them. 

I think it's more of a cooking for a crowd dish than an Arkansas dish, hence its magical appeal to the Duggars. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
20 hours ago, Zella said:

I personally don't associate it with Arkansas cooking myself. Not saying people here don't make it, but I've never actually been served one or encountered one, despite living most of my life here. I also never hear about anyone in my social circle making it for dinner. I've also rummaged through my fair share of my county's local cookbooks--like fundraising projects for various organizations, libraries, and churches--and can't say I've spotted tater tot casserole recipes in them. 

I think it's more of a cooking for a crowd dish than an Arkansas dish, hence its magical appeal to the Duggars. 

Tater tot casserole seems to be generally a Midwest tradition.  Of course in MN we call it tater tot hotdish.  My mother would make it with ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, green beans and tater tots, but no cheese.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

Tater tot casserole seems to be generally a Midwest tradition.  Of course in MN we call it tater tot hotdish.  My mother would make it with ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, green beans and tater tots, but no cheese.

That's the impression I've gotten in online discussions--that it is more associated with the Midwest. 

• Love 3