Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Malvina said:

Ok...did anyone notice that's not the same venue?  I say this was taken either last night or at another time, at another venue.  The COTO does not have a huge cross at the front of the church.  There's a pipe organ.  And the walls are wood paneled.  Not black.  I think they filmed the message at Cross Church at another time.

Someone on FJ looked up the reception venue and found that piano and cross located there. So, it looks like the video was taken there. Video released just before 3 their time. This was a noon or 1:00 wedding. Any later, and they'd still be at the church or heading to the venue. Don't forget, fundie weddings are notoriously long, receptions notoriously short. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
2 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I thought he'd be knocking boots, not updating his page.  Get busy, Vuolos!

He registered a bunch of domains at the end of May, meaning they had a 3 month courtship, not the 1 month the show was trying to sell. 

I knew it! The dates of how long their multiple separations had been didn't add up at all. 

• Love 2

Interesting wedding attire. I never would've thought to pair a striped suit with a gingham shirt.

Jinger's dress isn't terrible, but all I can see is her fretting over if the dress is modest enough, more than if it fits or if she likes it. She seemed to be the most terrified of not being modest.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm loving Jinger's dress, hair and makeup. Jeremy looks like a financial advisor who stepped outside his office at Merrill Lynch to get married on his lunch hour.

Ben Affleck in "Accountant "?

Jinger looks so young.

• Love 3

Jinger's dress is lovely.  Modest, tasteful. Neckline style reminds me of what was in style during the 60's,. A little retro and modern.  Doesn't look like any frumpy modesty patterns.  Please tell me that Michelle didn't wear her witchy shoes with the silverfish dress.

• Love 23

Jinge's dress is very on-trend.....wide neck, lace sleeves. No modesty inserts / T-shirts sewn in. Her hair, make-up, and flowers are gorgeous. I have a feeling Jinge is a closet Pinterest queen.

Now for the snark....say good-bye to the waist, Jinge. Starting tomorrow, it will start to disappear forever....look at your sisters for evidence.

• Love 7

I'm cracking up at the speed his new website went up, especially given the content in the "Our Story" section.  I get prewritten content. I do that all the time for the social media stuff I do for work, but he either typed up his thoughts on how joyful the wedding was before it even happened or his first thought after the wedding was "Gotta update the website!"

What a mercenary asshole. Would it have killed them to roll out the website after they got back from their honeymoon? Even my most social media obsessed friends tended to wait until at least the day after their wedding, if not later, to start uploading pictures, let alone debuting their new personal website. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3

I called lace when the engagement was announced, but thought she'd go off-white and more fitted in the skirt. 

Just now, Zella said:

I'm cracking up at the speed his new website went up, especially given the content in the "Our Story" section.  I get prewritten content. I do that all the time for the social media stuff I do for work, but he either typed up his thoughts on how joyful the wedding was before it even happened or his first thought after the wedding was "Gotta update the website!"

What a mercenary asshole. Would it have killed them to roll out the website after they got back from their honeymoon? Even my most social media obsessed friends tended to wait until at least the day after their wedding, if not later, to start uploading pictures. 

I'm sure they wrote this stuff during the engagement but had it set up so the old JeremyVuolo website would transfer and launch the new site today. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I called lace when the engagement was announced, but thought she'd go off-white and more fitted in the skirt. 

I'm sure they wrote this stuff during the engagement but had it set up so the old JeremyVuolo website would transfer and launch the new site today. 

Oh I'm sure they did too, but I really don't understand why the website had to be up and running as soon as they got married. I think that's my sticking point. (That and how hilariously false it is to talk about how joyful your wedding day was before it even happened.) It just seems like an odd set of priorities. Well, not odd so much as just $$$$$, which grosses me out. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, lianau said:

Really , I'd wear a dress like that . I hate those sleeveless mermaid gowns with a sweet heart neckline and a bling belt . 

That style was ok until EVERYBODY was wearing it.  It's long overdue for that style to go bye bye.

• Love 3

Sew Sumi:  Same person says that Jeremy is NOT a virgin, so he's been defiled. I guess it's okay to become a born-again virgin and re-purify oneself. 

Dare I say it good for you Jinger.  You will have the least awkward wedding night of all of the siblings.  

• Love 15

Although I'm not really a fan of Jeremy's ensemble for the purpose of wedding attire, I will say he looks much more handsome and polished than either Derick or Bin did when they got married. The suit looks well fitted (at least from the waist up) and he's not a rumpled mess. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14
21 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

The cathedral seats 900.  So much for an intimate wedding.  Or breaking Duggar tradition.  The only thing is that most colleges/universities do not allow you to bring in your own food to events like this...you have to have it catered through their food service at very expensive prices.  So most likely no parking lot reception.  Unless Jim Bob fenangled something...

I know a bit about this since I work in a University Center with catering and events.  Its so they don't get sued when someone gets food poisoning from bringing in their own food which has been in proximity to people like the Duggars (nothing can be brought in that has to be kept warm or cold to stay safe).  I am not sure I would eat something out of a sealed package if I knew it had been anywhere near those people.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

Sew Sumi:  Same person says that Jeremy is NOT a virgin, so he's been defiled. I guess it's okay to become a born-again virgin and re-purify oneself. 

Dare I say it good for you Jinger.  You will have the least awkward wedding night of all of the siblings.  

Without a doubt! She didn't marry derpy Bin or Mr Interpretive Dance..I can only imagine how awkward those wedding nights were! 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Absolom said:

The school website has trouble counting seats.  One place it says 900 seat and two other places it says 1000.  Either way it's capable of holding a good sized crowd. 

This could be a typo/mistake or could be referring to set ups.  My venue can hold anywhere from 200-850 depending on how the room is set up.  I try not to get specific on our site so it doesn't confuse people and ask them to contact me.

7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I imagine Jill's wedding night was all gums and flailing limbs. As for Jessa, if Bin lasted thirty seconds, I'll eat my hat.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Without a doubt! She didn't marry derpy Bin or Mr Interpretive Dance..I can only imagine how awkward those wedding nights were! 

I think their wedding nights were still miles ahead of Prissy and TFDW. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Jinger looks beautiful. No snark

Looks like she had some professional hair and makeup done! After Jill's rat's nest at her wedding I would turn my hair over to a professional ASAP. Thankfully, Jinger had good sense to get a simple makeup job done vs. her normal orange hotmessiness on her face.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Sierra -- administrative coordinator and middleman. That oughta be good. I assume that maybe she's trying to move up to a better class of wedding, with an array of vendors and more cash? She'd better hope the melted ice-cream fiasco and the no-chairs and no-heaters incidents aren't on youtube. They don't cast her coordinating abilities in a very good light.

This may be away for her to distance herself from the doing Duggar events.   I am sure they pay nothing.  As an event person I am thankful everyday I don't do weddings or events like that.  Give me a concert with 850 drunk kids and I am good.  They are easier to deal with than brides.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I wonder if these girls know what hpv is?

It's kinda cool yet gross to think when a Duggar loses their v card and will get pregnant. Imagine Jessa, Jill, Jinger pregnant all at the same time.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I know a bit about this since I work in a University Center with catering and events.  Its so they don't get sued when someone gets food poisoning from bringing in their own food which has been in proximity to people like the Duggars (nothing can be brought in that has to be kept warm or cold to stay safe).  I am not sure I would eat something out of a sealed package if I knew it had been anywhere near those people.  

Since the reception was offsite, I'm afraid we got another cheap Duggar reception, although at least this time they had the foresight to book an indoor venue because NOVEMBER. How ironic that they didn't really need it today. Even now, at 5:30, it's in the mid-60's. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

This may be away for her to distance herself from the doing Duggar events.   I am sure they pay nothing.  As an event person I am thankful everyday I don't do weddings or events like that.  Give me a concert with 850 drunk kids and I am good.  They are easier to deal with than brides.

Yep, I can well imagine that that's true.

• Love 2
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Since the reception was offsite, I'm afraid we got another cheap Duggar reception, although at least this time they had the foresight to book an indoor venue because NOVEMBER. How ironic that they didn't really need it today. Even now, at 5:30, it's in the mid-60's. 

Too bad they couldn't have ONE meal without Josie spit and 4 foot long hairs in it.  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I imagine Jill's wedding night was all gums and flailing limbs. As for Jessa, if Bin lasted thirty seconds, I'll eat my hat.

But there is that quick recovery of the young. Guessing not once and done :)

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Holy cripes!  They scooped People!!!!!  ?

And wow, does she look like Famy in that wedding pic...

That picture/post wasn't there when I first posted the link! I think that they were set to be posted at a certain time today (maybe 5:00 their time?). I seriously doubt Jeremy is dicking around with a blog right about now. He's dicking around with his new wife. (sorry, when I get punny I just can't help myself) :)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I thought he'd be knocking boots, not updating his page.  Get busy, Vuolos!

We learn the version of the "favorite song" he likes (and that, predictably, Jinger apparently decided was her favorite song too -- wish I thought she'd come to that conclusion independently.... well, hoping she did....) Original 18th-century words, slowish and quiet 21st-century band. I've heard a "Christian punk" version of Come, Thou Fount. But it was only slightly more punk than this.

Favorite Band / Song: Page CXVI - Come Thou Fount

Explains why his own version was slow and quiet.

https://www.google.com/#q=page+cxvi+-+come+thou+fount

Still like the song, though.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Interesting wedding attire. I never would've thought to pair a striped suit with a gingham shirt.

Looks kind of like something Tim Gunn would wear on Project Runway. Of course, he's not being a groom while wearing those outfits.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Zella said:

What a mercenary asshole. Would it have killed them to roll out the website after they got back from their honeymoon? Even my most social media obsessed friends tended to wait until at least the day after their wedding, if not later, to start uploading pictures, let alone debuting their new personal website. 

Well, he's joined a TeeVee family. Jessa to the contrary . Everything they do is timed for TeeVee. The thing that bugged me most, I think, was when Marjorie and Josiah literally announced their courtship in terms of its being a tease for the next season. And she was just 17 years old. What a terrible terrible way to encourage kids to behave. Enforced phoniness for money.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I wonder if these girls know what hpv is?

It's kinda cool yet gross to think when a Duggar loses their v card and will get pregnant. Imagine Jessa, Jill, Jinger pregnant all at the same time.

I don't want to imagine it because if I did I'd also imagine Jizm Bob salivating.

19 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

But there is that quick recovery of the young. Guessing not once and done :)

I'm not sure that three 30-second events would make me much happier than one, actually.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Who has a favorite chore?!  That website is so strange.

The chore is right up there with some of his favorite quotes. All I can say is, "Really?" There are great theological, spiritual, etc. quotes you can choose. But Jer's. They're just odd.

• Love 2