Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

If they are having the reception at JBU they are not allowed to have outside food brought n.

You're sure? It will be impossible to move 900 head of cattle to another location, and what other venue would hold that many? It has to be on the grounds. Which means that Boob had to open his wallet and let the moths fly out! LMAO

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@LadyEdith (tagging function is not working for me today), a lady in one of my private groups said that the schools around her allowed food to be brought in. She lives in Georgia, I believe. Maybe it's a Southern thing? I just can't picture Boob handing over money to someone to do something his expert litter of children can do for free (save expenses for the "food" and "drink").

But if Sierra isn't catering this wedding, who is? Her post makes it clear that she "coordinated" it. 

It may be a southern thing.  I truly can only speak from my personal experience working with northern schools, who may be a little more cautious about such things.  

I cant imagine him forking money over, either.  So maybe there won't be a reception?  Or TLC worked things so that a little cake and punch is allowed to be brought in.  Who knows?  

• Love 1

I just looked at the catering pricing and are you supposed to multiply the figures by the number of guests you're having? If so, that could add up quickly, even if Boob just opted for the Chex Mix and punch. There's no way he's spending money to feed a thousand virtual strangers. Either TLC footed the bill or the Duggars crunched the numbers to get away with the cheapest package possible.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's where Marjorie is attending college. Hmmm....look for her in the wedding party. 

The poster at FJ (not deleted, so they must check out) said that Jeremy's soccer friend commented that he was not going to attend a "dry wedding in Arkansas." 

Same person says that Jeremy is NOT a virgin, so he's been defiled. I guess it's okay to become a born-again virgin and re-purify oneself. 

Only ok if you are a man. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

If they are having the reception at JBU they are not allowed to have outside food brought n.

33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

You're sure? It will be impossible to move 900 head of cattle to another location, and what other venue would hold that many? It has to be on the grounds. Which means that Boob had to open his wallet and let the moths fly out! LMAO

27 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I just looked at the catering pricing and are you supposed to multiply the figures by the number of guests you're having? If so, that could add up quickly, even if Boob just opted for the Chex Mix and punch. There's no way he's spending money to feed a thousand virtual strangers. Either TLC footed the bill or the Duggars crunched the numbers to get away with the cheapest package possible.

I think the "no outside food" thing is not only for food safety and health reasons, but to better manage cleanup after the event. The facility's own hired caterers can be relied on to not leave a mess in the kitchen and reception room(s). Not so much, if the bride's good buddies or Aunt Frieda are in charge of bringing and serving the refreshments. Or even a hired third-party catering company.

I'm sure the event rental contract requires the client to leave the place clean, and there's probably even a cleaning deposit. But it's still going to be an expense and hassle if the renters don't clean the place up, and I can 100% see why any facility wouldn't add brought-in food to the potential mess that could be left behind. I've dealt with this a bit with rentals of our HOA's clubhouse for private events, and know that people will be all over the board when it comes down to cleaning up. Most are fine, some are scrupulous, and a few are just bloody rampaging non-compliant pigs.

Also, maybe they're going very minimal on the refreshments, and perhaps they won't really have 900 guests anyway. And they may have a more exclusive and really private after-party somewhere else after a short reception at The COTO (Cathedral of the Ozarks).

Edited by Jeeves
Comment about reception/food.
  • Love 2

They had about 3-400 to the TTH after Jilly Muffin's reception. I can't remember if they did the same for Jessa, but with these arrangements, not being able to control their own catering, I imagine the reception at the school is going to be just about non-existent: coffee and cake, then again about 300 back to the TTH. 

I'll keep an eye out on the Dauer woman's FB page over the next couple of days for pictures from the house. She posted a TON of shit from Jill's after party. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

My very first wedding as a bridesmaid was a Baptist wedding.  The food at the church hall reception was punch, wedding cake, mixed nuts, and mints.  We were only 21, this was my smartest friend who ended up with a PhD in Biostatistics, and was divorced two years later LOL!  I can't see Babe going for this however. My takeaway from that experience was that 21 was way too young for people like us to get married!

That's the standard I grew up with and really the only difference between events was how fancy the table set-up was. Silver service with lace table cloth and lots of flowers, candles and monogrammed cocktail napkins would have been considered "fancy." Skip the expensive wedding that seems to be expected today and put a down on a house and/or have six months of back-up money in the bank. Its called responsible maturity...

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I looked at the pictures of the Cathedral, and it reminds me of a high school auditorium with stained glass windows. It's not atrocious by any means, but there's nothing about it that screams "I must get married here" the way Thorncrown would to me. I'm also curious as to how Jinger will walk down the aisle considering there's a large section of seats right in the middle. Does she walk down on the left or the right? Either way about half the guests won't be able to see her.

Thorncrown would be a GORGEOUS place for a fall wedding.  But the venue wasn't large enough for JinJer's nuptials, unfortunately.

• Love 4

My biggest question is...how in GOD'S NAME did they send out invitations to all those people and there hasn't been a PEEP dropped by anyone until THIS WEEK?  You would think that getting an invite to a Duggar wedding would be brag-worthy in these circles.  

I cant wait to see the episode!!!!!  I'm dying to see how this all goes down.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

My biggest question is...how in GOD'S NAME did they send out invitations to all those people and there hasn't been a PEEP dropped by anyone until THIS WEEK?  You would think that getting an invite to a Duggar wedding would be brag-worthy in these circles.  

There have been some oblique peeps on social media over the last week or so, including people saying, "Are you going to Arkansas?" then "Sssssh....you're not supposed to say anything!" I imagine there was a warning to keep quiet included in the invitations. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

If they had invitations, they were probably sent to a select few. The rest probably heard through the fundy can and string system "Show up so your singles can mingle. Details to follow."

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 3
Just now, louannems said:

Seriously!  Check Mix is an option for wedding refreshments?  I cannot believe it!

I don't see the problem. I like Chex Mix. Anyway, the COTO is available for events other than weddings, so I assume the catering options were developed with a range of events in mind. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

If they had invitations, they were probably sent to a select few. The rest probably heard through the fundy can and string system "Show up so your singles can mingle" Details to follow.

Then they could have booked a smaller venue so the randoms wouldn't have been able to crash.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 1

I bet they are using the chapel and then going elsewhere for the reception. Some churches around here do multiple weddings in a day in peak season- but there are no receptions as most churches here do not do receptions. They might have a noon wedding and then there might be 2 more weddings after them

Reception halls are booked out years in advance so Im curious to see how that works. Granted Around here the wedding market is insane, its probably not as bad in AR

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I posted the cake, punch, and mints possibility earlier, but Jinger will also have to have coffee. That eats into Boob's nut budget. :D

Maybe JInge and Jer can just nip out to Starbucks between the photos and the reception line. Or Jana can make a family coffee run. Since Meeechelle'll have to have some, too.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I can't resist...

tonights the night

How do you think it feels to know that everyone (or everyone who cares for whatever reason) knows you're about to lose your V card.  

• Love 5

I wonder what Derick is wearing to the wedding. Will he be sporting the man bun or let his hair hang loose for the big day? He wore a suit with no tie to Benessa's. I'm sure he doesn't even fit into that suit anymore. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

That's the standard I grew up with and really the only difference between events was how fancy the table set-up was. Silver service with lace table cloth and lots of flowers, candles and monogrammed cocktail napkins would have been considered "fancy." Skip the expensive wedding that seems to be expected today and put a down on a house and/or have six months of back-up money in the bank. Its called responsible maturity...

Well now, that's just crazy talk.  You must be a princess because it's YOUR DAY.  Cue the tears and whining.  

Wise spending choices with limited dollars doesn't seem to matter with weddings these days.  I know I sound old and crabby, but this just bugs.  Now get off my lawn.

• Love 18

I was hoping someone would catch that. :D

This looks like it came from the rehearsal lunch/dinner, which looking at the time FJ pulled and the time elapsed happened early Friday evening  (source: one of the Hartono brothers' IG). It confirms the college as the wedding location.

14657523_10154706297677269_1916146083345575449_n.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Is Michelle wearing a button down shirt?!! Please tell me there's no denim skirt and crocs below the frame. I'll admit, her face looks pretty, but that ratty mullet is killing me. I also notice Boob is wearing turquoise so did Jinger steal Jill's color for her wedding theme? Judging from the background, this is the chintziest wedding yet. I guess Nancy wasn't willing to open up the budget. Hopefully I'm proven wrong when the real pictures come out.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is Michelle wearing a button down shirt?!! Please tell me there's no denim skirt and crocs below the frame. I'll admit, her face looks pretty, but that ratty mullet is killing me. I also notice Boob is wearing turquoise so did Jinger steal Jill's color for her wedding theme? Judging from the background, this is the chintziest wedding yet. I guess Nancy wasn't willing to open up the budget. Hopefully I'm proven wrong when the real pictures come out.

I always wonder how the heck you could get a brush through that.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lianau said:

How do you think it feels to know that everyone (or everyone who cares for whatever reason) knows you're about to lose your V card.  

Maybe it's not so bad since they've been raised with the concept that they'll remain untouched until marriage and then it'll be a race to see how soon they can get pregnant.  And maybe it's not so bad since they've had camera's shoved in their faces for the past decade or more.  But if it were me I'd be mad as hell and terribly embarassed.

Think of what Princess Diana went through when her own uncle announced that "she'd never taken a lover" (the royal family is said to have had Diana visit the royal gynocologist a week or two before the wedding, supposedly to insure that there were no obvious reasons she couldn't bear children, but the medical report also is said to have noted that she had an intact hymen).  Then, Diana's wedding was broadcast to the world and was watched by 750 million people.  That's a hell of a lot of pressure to put on a 19 year old young woman.

Jinger will only have a million or two people watching and elbowing each other as they contemplate her first sexual experience that will most likely take place in just a few short hours.  Soon after that, possibly the next morning, she'll be shoved in front of TLC's camera's to blush sweetly so she can shyly assure the masses that everything went according to plan.  The mysteries of love were laid bare, she had a wonderful time, her parent's teachings were correct, and she looks forward to God's first blessing.

I'd have more respect if she and Jeremy just smiled and said that they talked for awhile, made sandwiches together, and cuddled before they went to sleep.  Repeat every time until people get tired of asking "How did it go?".

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Maybe this was shot yesterday.  But yes, it's a button-down shirt for sure.  Maybe a shirt dress???  But informal nonetheless if it IS the wedding.  She is the MOTB for goodness sakes...

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Bean421 said:

Famy is still in Vegas so she won't be attending the party today. Is there a rift or just poor planning?

eta: Famy IS still in Vegas. I guess supporting her husband at SEMA was more important than Jinger's wedding. She could have easily flown back a day early. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Maybe this was shot yesterday.  But yes, it's a button-down shirt for sure.  Maybe a shirt dress???  But informal nonetheless if it IS the wedding.  She is the MOTB for goodness sakes...

We won't know for sure when this was shot until we see the People spread to compare outfits. But yeah, this could have been shot anytime and been ready for release at 3pm. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Are you following her on snapchat to know she's still in Vegas now? I only follow Insta, and she could have posted that from anywhere, including before the wedding, because she's not allowed to post actual wedding pics. LOL

I follow her in Snapchat. She and DUI Dill were just leaving the strip 39 min ago.

• Love 2

Yeah, I went back to her Insta and edited my post. Her last pic was 4 hours ago, and she was still on the Vegas strip. Why not fly back a day early to support your family? We have pictures of her at the shower, so it's not she was persona non grata or anything. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Right?! She's not even wearing a dressy blouse, that's one of her shapeless everyday tops. I wonder if Michelle's in the midst of another breakdown and Jana had to bribe her out of bed with xanies and Starbucks. She does not look like a MOTB at all. 

Regarding Amy, I'm a little surprised. Yeah, Vegas is arguably more fun than a Fundie wedding, but it's still family. Amy grew up with the J'Slaves, it's not like she was some distant relative that only saw her cousins on holidays. If she was able to, she should've came back for the wedding.

• Love 2

People saying the reception was held just means that's how they wrote it.  They held the piece until the wedding was over.  The reception could have still been going on or not.  We may find out eventually.

I wonder if this was a western themed wedding, based on that one photo I saw of a family dressed in jeans and cowboy-type shirts, and Michelle's shirt. Maybe Jeremy wore cowboy boots at the wedding. I'm just really curious to see Jinger's wedding dress. Well, congratulations to the new couple, I hope Jinger is more satisfied with her marriage than her siblings appear to be in  years to come.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

So is  Jing pregnant yet?  

I realize she has only been married for like 2 hours, but still. She's a Duggar

No doubt she'll be knocked up in short order after sampling the Italian sausage!

At least the VSE airs on the 15th.

• Love 4