Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

OMG!!! The shoes...He looks like a geek.

Those are Gucci loafers. He had the same ones on the other day. If they are real they’re about 800. There are a lots of copies of that shoe so it could be a Walmart special.

( Not criticizing Walmart, I have a pair of black slip-ones that are the same as a pair I bought last year and they are so comfortable. 16.95.)

They look terrible with the shorts,but I guess if they’re genuine Gucci, he wants to show them off. The shirt tucked in and the belt make him look a lot older than he is.

Not a good picture if he’s promoting the image of a fashion icon.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Not a good picture if he’s promoting the image of a fashion icon.

Where I come from that’s what all the country clubbers wear. I do agree with @fonfereksglen that the usual footwear is docksiders. 

• Love 6
(edited)
37 minutes ago, bythelake said:

The shirt tucked in and the belt make him look a lot older than he is.

Yes. Like a much older dweeb than he is! 

I wonder what he calculates (or if he does) about his fashion icon thing. ....

Maybe he figures that because the church-y crowds are mostly older, he'll get the best results in his career quest by dressing to impress the middle-aged-and-older gang? 

But I'd expect that MacArthur is wooing younger guys like Cade and Jer because he wants to bring more younger people into the church....Don't want your congregation at high risk of dying off any time soon. 

And, as you mention, Jer's recent fashion adventures are the opposite of young-looking.  How many people under 40 would be attracted to this image?

Or maybe he just enjoys dressing like an old fart....In this barbecue getup, he makes it look like the party's being held at Senior Village. I mean, it sort of leans country-club golfer....  But who wears those shoes with that outfit? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm curious who these "amazing people" are that he enjoyed the carne asada with?  The other day, after I saw the "Millionaire's closet" on their house listing, I was wondering what he wears for casual attire.  Now I know - still looks like a douchebag.  He's 31 and dresses like he's 61.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm curious who these "amazing people" are that he enjoyed the carne asada with?  The other day, after I saw the "Millionaire's closet" on their house listing, I was wondering what he wears for casual attire.  Now I know - still looks like a douchebag.

He doesn't know (or care about) their names. Because they live in Laredo.

This whole "we love Laredo" thing that's been going on ever since they announced they're leaving smacks of PR to proclaim to his new upcoming group of neighbors that Jer's a great guy that everybody loves and you'll love him, too! You're lucky he's coming to your town! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
(edited)
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Good point. I shoulda looked it up before posting. 

They locked down the flights of the big plane and the top 4-seater, so it's harder to track their movements than it used to be.

eta: My husband turns 60 this year, and he wouldn't be caught dead in Jeremy's get-up. Especially the loafers.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They locked down the flights of the big plane and the top 4-seater, so it's harder to track their movements than it used to be.

Those were the days!  I recall endless threads of speculation wondering what they were up to based on their flights.  I did think things got creepy when some snarkers were going to local airports to try and get pictures of them.  I don't blame them locking down the tracking.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Yes. Like a much older dweeb than he is! 

I wonder what he calculates (or if he does) about his fashion icon thing. ....

Maybe he figures that because the church-y crowds are mostly older, he'll get the best results in his career quest by dressing to impress the middle-aged-and-older gang? 

But I'd expect that MacArthur is wooing younger guys like Cade and Jer because he wants to bring more younger people into the church....Don't want your congregation at high risk of dying off any time soon. 

And, as you mention, Jer's recent fashion adventures are the opposite of young-looking.  How many people under 40 would be attracted to this image?

Or maybe he just enjoys dressing like an old fart....In this barbecue getup, he makes it look like the party's being held at Senior Village. I mean, it sort of leans country-club golfer....  But who wears those shoes with that outfit? 

He looks out of place  compared to the others.  I am also surprised how pale he is.  When we lived in Albuquerque, we always had color on our skin from being outside in sunlight most of the year, a luxury I miss now living near the 45th parallel. Laredo is even further south.  If Jer wants to do golfer chic in LA,  he has to up the tan by 10.  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

He looks out of place  compared to the others.  I am also surprised how pale he is.  When we lived in Albuquerque, we always had color on our skin from being outside in sunlight most of the year, a luxury I miss now living near the 45th parallel. Laredo is even further south.  If Jer wants to do golfer chic in LA,  he has to up the tan by 10.  

Well, Jinger knows all about the fake bake look.

• LOL 20
(edited)

This might be an unpopular opinion but Jeremy is starting to noticeably out dress Jinger. He’s going to Brooks Brothers & a semi designer route while you can kinda still tell she’s hitting the racks at Gabriel Brothers & TJ Maxx. When they first got together, they looked like they meshed well appearance wise. Now, Jerm looks like he’s spending a majority of the clothing budget on himself. Don’t get me wrong.... I looove TJ’s & Jinger always looks cute but they are in separate leagues when it come to wardrobes now. I wonder how long it will be before Jeremy’s eye starts to wander looking for  a more polished prize...

Edited by LongDenimFrumper
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but Jeremy is starting to noticeably out dress Jinger. He’s going to Brooks Brothers & a semi designer route while you can kinda still tell she’s hitting the racks at Gabriel Brothers & TJ Maxx. When they first got together, they looked like they meshed well appearance wise. Now, Jerm looks like he’s spending a majority of the clothing budget on himself. Don’t get me wrong.... I looove TJ’s & Jinger always looks cute but they are in separate leagues when it come to wardrobes now. I wonder how long it will be before Jeremy’s eye starts to wander looking for  a more polished prize...

Since Jeremy is such a peacock, I think he likes being with a woman who looks nice but doesn't look as stylish as him. 

• Love 14

Just looked at the listing, and I’m coveting that backyard. A large covered patio and a nice flat yard?  That’s what sold the house. It’s easy to switch out paint, tile, and flooring.  You’re stuck with a yard, and that one (IMO) is awesome.

I think Jer is thinking he needs to up his game.  Becoming a little fish in a big pond and all that. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

He doesn't know (or care about) their names. Because they live in Laredo.

This whole "we love Laredo" thing that's been going on ever since they announced they're leaving smacks of PR to proclaim to his new upcoming group of neighbors that Jer's a great guy that everybody loves and you'll love him, too! You're lucky he's coming to your town! 

Also maybe he’s trying not to burn that bridge any more than he has just in case he flames out in LA...

• Love 10
On 5/7/2019 at 12:30 AM, JoanArc said:

Am I the only one that thinks Jeremy and Jessa would make a good couple. Well, a power couple anyway.

No way I bet he still bitches to anyone who’ll listen about how she put all the books in his closet. Also I don’t think Jeremy wants a bossy wife, he likes Jinger (autocorrect changed that to hunger lol) because she’s a follower, Jessa may follow but she’ll have plenty to say about it. It always amazes me how strong Jessa’s personality is, considering the way she was raised. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

Except he probably sets her clothes budget. He probably likes that she wears cheaper clothes since it leaves more money for him. If he wanted her to wear more expensive clothes, I'm sure she would wear higher end clothes since he's her headship. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Except he probably sets her clothes budget. He probably likes that she wears cheaper clothes since it leaves more money for him. If he wanted her to wear more expensive clothes, I'm sure she would wear higher end clothes since he's her headship. 

I’m not sure how cheap her clothes are. That skirt looked like Boden (she’s worn their clothes before) and they’re not Givenchy but they’re not Walmart or TJ Maxx either. I think he spends more on clothes than she does, but I think she spends more than a lot of people. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Puffin said:

No way I bet he still bitches to anyone who’ll listen about how she put all the books in his closet. Also I don’t think Jeremy wants a bossy wife, he likes Jinger (autocorrect changed that to hunger lol) because she’s a follower, Jessa may follow but she’ll have plenty to say about it. It always amazes me how strong Jessa’s personality is, considering the way she was raised. 

It looks like Jeremy is as fastidious about his home as well as his clothes. His library is neat. He doesn’t even have a blotter on that desk with the fountain pen and ink.(?)

Can anyone imagine him coming home to a dresser full of poop diapers? 

Jessa is a slob in the way she dresses and in keeping her home. The only thing for which I can give her credit is that the boys look clean and happy. Is Bin responsible for that too?

When #3 comes into the world, we’ll see if anything changes.

• Love 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Also maybe he’s trying not to burn that bridge any more than he has just in case when he flames out in LA...

There. Fixed it for ya.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, bythelake said:

It looks like Jeremy is as fastidious about his home as well as his clothes. His library is neat. He doesn’t even have a blotter on that desk with the fountain pen and ink.(?)

Can anyone imagine him coming home to a dresser full of poop diapers? 

Jessa is a slob in the way she dresses and in keeping her home. The only thing for which I can give her credit is that the boys look clean and happy. Is Bin responsible for that too?

When #3 comes into the world, we’ll see if anything changes.

Jeressa would just get a maid, have one of his sisters clean for them, get one of the church ladies to do it, or rope in a spinster fundie like Laura. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Jeressa would just get a maid, have one of his sisters clean for them, get one of the church ladies to do it, or rope in a spinster fundie like Laura. 

Hahaha i could TOTALLY see Jeremy getting someone from the church to do it, and being really condescending to them, telling them they're serving the Lord by polishing his shoes and dusting his books...

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 4/17/2019 at 4:51 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I donno about that I might like to feast my eyes on Jeremy in a pair of Jockey undies.  LOL

Could be his little secret!

image.png.9f74458056676f1baccbd6d75816b369.png

image.png

At first glance I thought these said Jeremy and not Jockey. Like he’s a four-year-old. 

• LOL 6
On 5/7/2019 at 8:23 PM, LongDenimFrumper said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but Jeremy is starting to noticeably out dress Jinger. He’s going to Brooks Brothers & a semi designer route while you can kinda still tell she’s hitting the racks at Gabriel Brothers & TJ Maxx. 

I think Jerm's taste runs to a more formal style than Jinger's.  Like his family and her family overall.

The Brooks Brothers in Laredo is a factory outlet store. 

https://www.theoutletshoppesatlaredo.com/directory/

I've got an outlet mall like this near me.  I wear Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Armani, Kate Spade, etc.  These stores have bargains that normal people with normal budgets can afford.  Like Jinger & Jeremy.  And me. 

I've never once spent so much that I couldn't pay my mortgage, feed my kids or make my car payment.  And my wardrobe is pretty damn sharp.  You just have to be smart about it. 

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

I think Jerm's taste runs to a more formal style than Jinger's.

Yeah, I don't think that he's deliberately holding her back from dressing as fashionably as he does or anything like that. If anything is holding her back and cramping her style, I think it's the Duggar influence, not Jeremy. Jinger spent so many years of her life wearing prairie frumpers and hand-me-downs, obeying her family's over-the-top "modesty" rules and sharing one wardrobe with her sisters, that it's going to take her a while to get used to the idea that she can now buy or wear anything she wants. Just having five or six pretty, new dresses in her closet that she doesn't have to share with Jill or Jana (and that don't have to be approved by Michelle and Jim Bob) is a dream come true. She probably still feels a little guilty and sinful every time she buys something new or puts on a skirt that comes above her knees. She'll get over it in time.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 18
(edited)

Or maybe Jinger has some shred of common sense about whether it’s appropriate for the wife of a low income small town preacher to be swanning around waving silk pocket squares (priced in Euros, for crying out loud), fountain pens and Gucci loafers.

Even if he is buying at the outlets, it’s just tacky, given what he supposedly does for a living. If he’s a used car salesman, he’s welcome to it. A spiritual leader? Not so much.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 18

IF I was super religious and IF I went to his church... there would be no way in hell that I would tithe. If the “Pastor” could afford an $85 pocket square... sorry. You are not getting my money. 

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

IF I was super religious and IF I went to his church... there would be no way in hell that I would tithe. If the “Pastor” could afford an $85 pocket square... sorry. You are not getting my money. 

Quoting myself to edit - maybe the $85 pocket square was a gift. That’s great. My point, which I should have made, and I failed miserably, is that he is HAWKING the pocket square. Which means he is profiting from the sales. That is my issue. 

• Love 9
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I just checked this myself it's an 85 Euro pocket square which means it costs 95 dollars US.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Randomly decided to check JerMe's twitter. Oh, the irony 🙄.

Screenshot_20190509-144945_Chrome.thumb.jpg.44fee9df84052a8662ea6372536e2816.jpg

Jeremy also like a twitter thread of a guy defending John Mcarthur after being accused of defending white supremacy with gospel

Screenshot_20190509-150512_Chrome-1080x1830.thumb.jpg.89244325f5389853c8dac32b55864273.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-150233_Chrome.thumb.jpg.525b1587ce524763bb9f41640471a15e.jpg

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bradley Mason forgot Jeremy, who signed that vile petition against social justice. He was a primary signatory, IIRC.

Maybe he figured Jer wasn't very important.   heh   😀

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I just can't figure out, for the life of me, why this dude didn't become a doctor, lawyer, or banker. I mean, he didn't even try any of these careers! It's not like he started med school and failed, so it must not have been the plan. I could see him basking in the self-importance of a medical career, the $$$ of banking, and the library of a lawyer. Why in the world would this guy want to be a minister? It's okay, Jer. Being a pastor isn't for everybody. You can be a really, really devout Christian, and work in another field that brings in a lot of money. I just can't imagine why he didn't choose a stereotypically lucrative job!

• Love 10
(edited)

I think it's because in the fundie world, nothing has the prestige of being a preacher. I know a lot of fundies who mistrust doctors, lawyers, and bankers. But they lose their ever-loving mind over a preacher, even a stranger or a mediocre one, because he's doing the Lord's work. 

Oh and I think he's a fame whore, so being a tele-evangelist is his dream goal. Way more money and way less work than being a doctor, lawyer, or banker. 

This isn't a knock on real pastors. I know it's a hard job when people legitimately do the work, but that is obviously not what appeals to Jeremy.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 17
(edited)

He was enrolled in the MBA program at Syracuse when he used up his last year of soccer eligibility there. He really should have stuck with that and shelved soccer for a year. The team in Finland could have waited; it's not as if he was their star player right out of college, if at all. He got paid about $40k the year he rode the line for the Red Bulls. He could have been making high fivr/low six figures in the business world. Plenty to afford his Brooks Brothers suits and $250 ties.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Zella said:

I think it's because in the fundie world, nothing has the prestige of being a preacher. I know a lot of fundies who mistrust doctors, lawyers, and bankers. But they lose their ever-loving mind over a preacher, even a stranger or a mediocre one, because he's doing the Lord's work. 

Oh and I think he's a fame whore, so being a tele-evangelist is his dream goal. Way more money and way less work than being a doctor, lawyer, or banker. 

Gore Vidal once said "Next to politics, journalism has always been the preferred career of the ambitious, but lazy, second-rater." Sounds like we could add "Fundie celebrity preacher" to that list.

• Love 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I just can't figure out, for the life of me, why this dude didn't become a doctor, lawyer, or banker. I mean, he didn't even try any of these careers! It's not like he started med school and failed, so it must not have been the plan. I could see him basking in the self-importance of a medical career, the $$$ of banking, and the library of a lawyer. Why in the world would this guy want to be a minister? It's okay, Jer. Being a pastor isn't for everybody. You can be a really, really devout Christian, and work in another field that brings in a lot of money. I just can't imagine why he didn't choose a stereotypically lucrative job!

I'm betting on two reasons:

He figured being a pastor was easier (and it is, given the way he plans to do it ...) 

And he's seen the adulation some conservative-Christian pastors get close up....After all, his dad is one, and Jer's been in those circles all his life. So that was the path to adulation that he knew so, to him, that was a sure and obvious path. He didn't have as close contact with anyone in those other professions as a kid, so their prestige probably wasn't as real to him. 

I mean, his initial chosen path to adulation was pro soccer, until he hit snags there. And, again, soccer was something he knew, from the time he was a kid. So he probably felt he knew how that would go and he could do it fairly easily. Same with pastoring for a pastor's kid, I'd think. 

I think most of us are likely to envision our futures in terms of stuff we know a bit about rather than more remote stuff.....And if you're a little lazy.... then the near-at-hand is even more enticing, I'd guess. (and I think Jer is, if not actually lazy, too busy with looking in mirrors, posing selfies and following fashion lines on social media to want to spend a huge amount of effort on career preparation...)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
(edited)

Trying to avoid the NEED to not beat my head against the wall after looking at the above picture.

Btw, is it my imagination, or is the baby looking at the blanket with a WTF look.

Edited by bigskygirl
13 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

And in the background....without any irony whatsoever....."Glory Days" is playing in an endless loop.  

I suspect it's a real Uncle Rico moment for him. I kicked a soccer ball over that mountain!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

I don’t mean to pick on Project Repat, but there’s a lot that could be improved about that quilt. 

I agree.  I am a quilter and have seen many Much Nicer versions of a T-shirt quilt. They are not easy to do.  I don't do them.  Several of my quilty friends do.  

• Love 10

How did Jinger collect "t-shirts from every stage of Jeremy’s soccer career—from a little boy to a pro. Sitting in closets and storage bins for years."  This sounds like something Jeremy or his mom should have posted, not someone who has been married to him for two years.  I'm sure his mom kept the t-shirts and gave them to Jin/Jer, but it just seemed to be a strange way to write this. 

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

How did Jinger collect "t-shirts from every stage of Jeremy’s soccer career—from a little boy to a pro. Sitting in closets and storage bins for years."  This sounds like something Jeremy or his mom should have posted, not someone who has been married to him for two years.  I'm sure his mom kept the t-shirts and gave them to Jin/Jer, but it just seemed to be a strange way to write this. 

Actually, this  "Sitting in closets and storage bins for years, I wanted to find a special way to preserve them for him"   says that Jingle's been sitting in closets and storage bins for years. I kind of like that.....Might even be true.  ;  )

I think she makes the story about herself because that's "ad speak." You're the person your followers identify with and admire, so when you tell a story you fudge and make yourself the main character because it's that identification that gets them to buy. ... 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5