Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Why would anyone pay that for an ugly pair of sneakers?  Leave it to Jeremy to know the price of all the fancy Yeezys.

The fact that he knew the name and price of that particular shoe says something about Jeremy....but I'm not sure what.  The fact that he had to place that information on social media to let his homies know that he knows that information?  That makes him a first-class pretentious douchecanoe.

47 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Stuff you don’t see in my neighborhood: jobless homies with extravagant lifestyles taking creepy pictures of my shoes and my dog’s ass early in the morning. 

Wonder how many children Jeremy knocked over in a rush to grab his phone to get that pictures?

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23

Regarding Jinger reading, I agree that she was looking something up or posing for JereME. For me the thing that gives it away is that she has her back to the yard. If I was sneaking in some reading while my kids were playing, which I definitely did when mine were young, I would at least be facing them so I could keep an eye on them, especially at the young ages of Jinger and JereME’s kids. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

168D503A-43C9-4730-935F-0CE63607E59C.jpeg

He used homie haha

also I bet Jer got a boner salivating over the shoes 

AFB3BB53-535C-4D0E-93B5-7DF778BD466F.jpeg

What a waste of money.  Fools and idiots like JereME abound.  I paid less than that for my then-new car in 2007.  I still drive it.  Those shoes wouldn't last as long IMO.

• Love 22

Well the dog walking dude walked by the right guy because his sneakers would have been wasted on me, as I would have thought he was wearing regular ole kicks.

Two sneakerheads in the 'right place, at the right time'. 🤣

• LOL 23

I never can get over how incredibly ugly Kanye's sneakers are. Of course Jeremy would spot them a mile away. LMAO 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

So is he just randomly taking pictures of passers-by walking dogs?   Does he live in a neighborhood where people live that can afford these shoes?

No, their area is pretty middle class. Well, CA middle class at any rate. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

So is he just randomly taking pictures of passers-by walking dogs?   Does he live in a neighborhood where people live that can afford these shoes?

Well, he wants you to think he does~

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17

Jeremy's chosen a weird time to double-down on being a Kanye fanboy. He went for a really long time without ever mentioning Ye, to the point that I thought Jeremy had forgotten him, alongside his podcast and home decor business, but he's done it twice recently, while Kanye is in the middle of repeatedly harassing his soon-to-be-ex-wife and her new boyfriend and was suspended from Instagram for racist comments he made at Trevor Noah. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Jeremy's chosen a weird time to double-down on being a Kanye fanboy. He went for a really long time without ever mentioning Ye, to the point that I thought Jeremy had forgotten him, alongside his podcast and home decor business, but he's done it twice recently, while Kanye is in the middle of repeatedly harassing his soon-to-be-ex-wife and her new boyfriend and was suspended from Instagram for racist comments he made at Trevor Noah. 

But Kanye talks about Jesus while his soon-to-be ex wife had the temerity to file for divorce despite Kanye's claims of wanting to reconcile. Clearly, one of them is deserving of Jeremy's support, and it ain't the woman.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Can someone please, explain to me like I am stupid, why any shoe, let alone sneakers, can possible cost $26,000 -and- $50,000?

And, if they do, why would you wear them outside?

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Can someone please, explain to me like I am stupid, why any shoe, let alone sneakers, can possible cost $26,000 -and- $50,000?

That's the secondary market price.  The shoes cost way less when they were released.  Nike does special shoes for a limited run like the one's Jeremy is drooling over.  Homie from Jeremy's picture could have paid waaaay less for that pair, and probably did.  Not everyone sees sneakers as collector's items.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Can someone please, explain to me like I am stupid, why any shoe, let alone sneakers, can possibly cost $26,000 -and- $50,000?

Because fools love being parted from their money.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

I don't know why I click on Imelda FancyPant's IG stories, but he just posted about how he had an artist create pencil sketches of him, Jinger, and the girls....he shows us Jinger's framed finished sketch, his own sketch, and the tops of the heads of his girls in their respective sketches.  

It gave me a good belly laugh.  Thanks, Jer.  Still think you're a blowhard, though.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

His adolescent language on SM - wanna/gonna/homies etc is not a good look for someone who wants a top position in ministry , IMO.

I agree. It was one thing when the TV show was on and he could explain the posts as being advertising for the show. But now, his immature language, his obsession with high end possessions (sneakers, clothes, pens...) and, pictures of him shoving restaurant food into his huge mouth are not the signs of a spiritual, humble, responsible man of god. If his preaching was out-of-this-world amazing, he might be taken into a certain type of church. But it's not. He better hope his sucking up to Johnny Mac works and he gets hired into that empire, because he's going to have a rude awakening if he ends up in a normal church where he's expected to work for a living.

10 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

(Cascarets was a laxative brand that started in the 1880's, and they had the most amazing advertising.  Example:  I have an advertising postcard with the following poem:  "Mary had a little clock, she swallowed it one day.  Now she's taking Cascarets to pass the time away".  --I know, it is a niche collection!)

Those sound really cute. If Jeremy had a wall with framed old-time revival posters he'd be a lot more relatable to the people he's going to minister to than he is right now.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think the shoe thing is stupid, too, but if you are a collector of something, you don't see it that way.  People spend tens of thousands on a piece of art, or some other item they collect, and, although it makes no sense at all to me, the collector is very excited.  Jeremy collects shoes, which is of no interest to me, but I guess my collection of Cascarets laxative items or nesting dolls would seem strange to most people. However, I do not take pictures of my collections and post them on line all the time (actually, never).

(Cascarets was a laxative brand that started in the 1880's, and they had the most amazing advertising.  Example:  I have an advertising postcard with the following poem:  "Mary had a little clock, she swallowed it one day.  Now she's taking Cascarets to pass the time away".  --I know, it is a niche collection!)

Oh, I totally get that! I collect a Depression glass called Candlewick. I love it, I display it, and I regularly use various pieces. What I don't understand it what on earth makes those shoes worth $26,000 and $50,000. If they were encrusted with diamonds or something... but I just want to know what makes those shoes so freakin' expensive!

• Love 7

Like anything that is made in limited quantities, the price goes up after they're sold out. But they really are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Supply and demand. No demand, no money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh, I totally get that! I collect a Depression glass called Candlewick. I love it, I display it, and I regularly use various pieces. What I don't understand it what on earth makes those shoes worth $26,000 and $50,000. If they were encrusted with diamonds or something... but I just want to know what makes those shoes so freakin' expensive!

Seriously.  I understand collecting.  I'm a collector too, but $26,000 and $50,000 for sneakers is just unimaginable to me.  I guess if you are that kind of person, you brag to everyone how much you paid.  I'm not impressed - I'm disgusted.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Suzn said:

Seriously.  I understand collecting.  I'm a collector too, but $26,000 and $50,000 for sneakers is just unimaginable to me.  I guess if you are that kind of person, you brag to everyone how much you paid.  I'm not impressed - I'm disgusted.

Here's the thing with Jeremy's sneaker obsession, he covets those Yeezy's as something to own because he cannot afford the secondary market price for them.  But, Homie in that picture and almost everybody else just sees red sneakers.  He either got those as a gift or bought them new to wear (or this is a flex, but if one is flexing wearing shoes like that why are you wearing them walking a dog at 7am on a Wednesday?  The whole point of flexing is having an audience).  The value of those shoes to Homie is what he paid, nothing more.  

Also, the sneakerheads who would pay the price of a car for a pair of shoes for display are tech bros and wannabes who cannot get them comped.  The price is overly inflated because of this.  The real collectors are not paying that price.  They are the ones who have a whole system set up to buy the shoes when they drop or they trade with other serious collectors.  The price of those sneakers will drop once the wannabes find some other commodity to "collect."  The market will correct itself at some point.  Sneakers are not Birkin bags.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Here's the thing with Jeremy's sneaker obsession, he covets those Yeezy's as something to own because he cannot afford the secondary market price for them.  But, Homie in that picture and almost everybody else just sees red sneakers.  He either got those as a gift or bought them new to wear (or this is a flex, but if one is flexing wearing shoes like that why are you wearing them walking a dog at 7am on a Wednesday?  The whole point of flexing is having an audience).  The value of those shoes to Homie is what he paid, nothing more.  

Also, the sneakerheads who would pay the price of a car for a pair of shoes for display are tech bros and wannabes who cannot get them comped.  The price is overly inflated because of this.  The real collectors are not paying that price.  They are the ones who have a whole system set up to buy the shoes when they drop or they trade with other serious collectors.  The price of those sneakers will drop once the wannabes find some other commodity to "collect."  The market will correct itself at some point.  Sneakers are not Birkin bags.  

I would hope they go the way of Beanie Babies...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Not everyone sees sneakers as collector's items.  

At least they have a function.  How many millions of people jumped on the Beanie Baby & Cabbage Patch doll bandwagon for a few years? 

Even the non-ridiculous obsession with Baseball cards. Coins & stamps. Comic books & action figures.  Vintage toys.   All incredibly collectible, with people spending HUGE amounts of money on them.  Devoting entire rooms in their houses to them 

And all they can do is look at them.  And possess them.  

At least shoes can be worn. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm watching some program on Netflix about people who go to barns and swap stuff.  A couple of guys went to some barn and found some Jordans that are supposed to be valuable  and were so very thrilled to buy them.  They plan to resell for a couple of thousand dollars.  They looked like dusty shoes to me.  It was funny to see this in TV while were were discussing Jeremy's shoe fixation.  I guess collecting shoes is a real thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

8601C5CC-9783-47E2-9B36-9A5A899D2500.jpeg

1E507442-F5FE-4211-AC50-F70171F1C47E.jpeg

I am sure many recognize the dome of St Peter's Basilica at the Vatican on the cover of this book.  Amazon tells me that the '9 true stories' in this book are those of Catholic priests who realized the church was heretical and left it to find the 'real' Jesus as Calvinist evangelicals.

Banner of Truth publishes a dozen or more books specifically geared to telling the reader that the Catholic Church is of the devil and that everyone in it is going to hell unless they convert.  Makes one wonder what they are so afraid of that they need to denigrate people whose beliefs are not exactly the same as theirs.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Banner of Truth publishes a dozen or more books specifically geared to telling the reader that the Catholic Church is of the devil and that everyone in it is going to hell unless they convert.  Makes one wonder what they are so afraid of that they need to denigrate people whose beliefs are not exactly the same as theirs.  

Because they compete for souls and the Catholic Church is the oldest with the mostest.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

Because they compete for souls and the Catholic Church is the oldest with the mostest.

Growing up in the Catholic Church, I never heard one word about those of other faiths being “lesser.”

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 16
21 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Before Vatican II, all Protestants were considered heretics.

I think that was before my time. I just know I never heard anything about anyone of another religion growing up going to mass every Sunday. Or in CCD. 🤷‍♀️ In fact, I wasn’t even really aware that there were other faiths until I was about 10, and at that point, I asked my mom how anyone could know what the “right” one was, and she didn’t know. That was the beginning of my atheism.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 7

When I was younger, I never thought of religions as competitions, but as I got older I started to recognize the implied superiority among some folks.

It boggles my mind that for Fundy folks, the superiority is actually taught as part of their religion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

It's not a sentiment I've heard from regular Catholics, but the people I've encountered who reject Vatican II are pretty upfront about it. One of whom I'm related to by marriage has helpfully informed the rest of the family they're going to hell for not being Catholic. 

I do think you hear it much more regularly from Protestant fundies, but there are Catholic fundies out there too. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8

Are fundies not allowed to read anything that doesn't have God or Jesus in the title? For the Duggs and Dugg-adjacents, that appears to be the case. 

Imagine trying to have a conversation with one of these folks. 'God' or 'Jesus' would be every other word. They don't know anything else. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5