Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Zella said:

I found it psychologically fascinating the only name he uses in the post is his own surname. 

He’s trying to exert ownership and subtly belittle her. He may feel that she needs to be taken down a peg after her big night at the ACM Awards. Jeremy behaved the same way towards Jinger back when the show was still on the air and she was the more “famous” partner in their marriage.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Hopefully Gabby has people around her who will alert her to any red flags concerning Cade - she's so young, and he's a massive controlling tool.  No wonder he and Jeremy get along so well.

And the phrase "she tickles way too hard" is nagging at me as having an undercurrent of something icky and angry.  Whatever the hell he's talking about, it's a very weird thing to say in a public birthday message.

Cade's birthday post reads like the one Chris Pratt did last year with his wife Katherine.  The one where he got roasted rightfully online for his dig at his son with his hussy of an ex-wife Anna Farris.  These Hollywood Christian men sure do love their young submissive wives and they make terrible jokes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I think people really overestimate how much influence other people have on someone. In my experience, warning someone their husband/boyfriend is a controlling asshole with more red flags than a Soviet parade doesn't cause them to reevaluate the relationship--it causes them to resent you for saying something and more often than not reevaluate their relationship with you, which is exactly what the controlling asshole with red flags wants.

People could tell Gabby until they're blue in the face that she is in a toxic relationship, but it doesn't matter if she doesn't accept that or is aware of it but chooses to stay with him anyway, out of fear, guilt, or embarrassment.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gabby has already started to realize she doesn't like being around her husband. But I'm sure she also feels a lot of pressure to stay with him since she's married him and had a child with him. 

A. 100 % agree

B. Soviet parade is hilarious 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

Uh oh......

I just saw this posted by a pastor friend of mine on Facebook......this does not bode well for MacArthur......

Holy wow. That is all kinds of fucked up. It sounds eerily similar to Scientology's MO. Stuff like the priest scandals and this, is why organized religions scare me.

• Love 24

Gabby's popularity today, is today.  She's the flavor of the moment, and has a long way to go before she becomes more than a sparkly singer with a few hits.  Music history is loaded with women just like her that never made it past year 5 maintaining their popularity.  She may be a lucky one, she may not. 

She looks happy with him.  Just like Jinger looks happy with Jeremy.  

That MacArthur article is pretty bad.  It paints a more dangerous picture of an already misogynistic group.  

• Love 4

Not looking good. Her hair looks very thin and there’s a pained look on her face and in her smile, IMO. Having worked with patients with EDs, I’ve seen that look. YMMV. Dreaming of chicken? I see you, Jinger 🥲

95819865-78BA-41C9-B3C8-B3698B3DDC33.jpeg

Edited by Cinnabon
8 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Not looking good. Her hair looks very thin and there’s a pained look on her face and in her smile, IMO. Having worked with patients with EDs, I’ve seen that look. YMMV. Dreaming of chicken? I see you, Jinger 🥲

She is looking very thin.

I know a couple people who recovered from Covid and have lost a lot of hair in the following months.   And as someone else said, if her taste has been affected she may not be interested in eating.  She does look tiny.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Jinger is anorexic, and I will die on this hill. She looks exactly like a girl I went to high school with, right before she was sent off for in-patient treatment. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

With the loss of her sense of smell she may likely be having trouble eating.  

Sure, but I don’t think that’s the only reason .🤷‍♀️

26 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jinger is anorexic, and I will die on this hill. She looks exactly like a girl I went to high school with, right before she was sent off for in-patient treatment. 

I’ll join you on that hill. I’ve worked with anorexics and have seen this before. I’m even starting to doubt her claim of having had Covid over a year ago (and not mentioning it until now) and still not having her sense of smell and taste back. That absolutely happens to people, but it also seems like a very convenient story to tell now that people may be starting to comment on her extremely gaunt and unhealthy appearance. Like addicts, people with EDs lie constantly. 

ETA - and a 50 pound weight? Seems like someone’s trying a bit too hard.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Sure, but I don’t think that’s the only reason .🤷‍♀️

I’ll join you on that hill. I’ve worked with anorexics and have seen this before. I’m even starting to doubt her claim of having had Covid over a year ago (and not mentioning it until now) and still not having her sense of smell and taste back. That absolutely happens to people, but it also seems like a very convenient story to tell now that people may be starting to comment on her extremely gaunt and unhealthy appearance. Like addicts, people with EDs lie constantly. 

ETA - and a 50 pound weight? Seems like someone’s trying a bit too hard.

That's a 20 lb weight. Reverse picture.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I can’t tell you how many times Husband and I go shopping together and take selfies. Because. We. Don’t. Take. Selfies. When. We. Go. Shopping. Sheesh.

Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• LOL 22
14 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

As soon as I glanced at this photo I thought, "Oh no, she's bulimic?" Those lines around her mouth are a classic sign, and she didn't always have them. 😢

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

This makes me want to be like them. 

NOT! 🙄

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbBfVpXPQF5/?utm_medium=copy_link

Still not recovered from Covid side-effects but in a mall and shops without mask because they are ALLOWED.  No common sense, no independent thought. Also no taste or smell but working out while “dreaming about  Dave’s Hot Chicken?”  Sounds like she can taste and is hungry but must distract herself.  And of course Jeremy condones.  Brags.

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Many are speculating that he shaves his legs....

jd1p5atvs1n81.jpg

He does have a pretty heavy beard, so it would make sense that his arms and legs would be hairy too. It is kind of weird.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Why are there a lot of pictures of them without their kids?

Mind you, I'm not necessarily advocating that they take a lot of pictures of their kids. I'm just saying...why are there a lot of pictures of them? Why are they often out and about? Do they even see their kids? Do they have a nanny?

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Why are there a lot of pictures of them without their kids?

Mind you, I'm not necessarily advocating that they take a lot of pictures of their kids. I'm just saying...why are there a lot of pictures of them? Why are they often out and about? Do they even see their kids? Do they have a nanny?

They rarely show photos of their kids anymore. The kids are probably with them.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I see nothing wrong with men shaving their legs/manscaping. 

I get that. Are you also okay with women not shaving their legs? I love taking a winter break from shaving! Of course the past 2 years of mostly being at home, the break may have been longer than just winter time!

Non-hairy legs on JereME is meh to me too! But I can't stand when people leave their shoes untied. 

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I get that. Are you also okay with women not shaving their legs? I love taking a winter break from shaving! Of course the past 2 years of mostly being at home, the break may have been longer than just winter time!

Non-hairy legs on JereME is meh to me too! But I can't stand when people leave their shoes untied. 

I don’t care if men/women shave anything. Your body your choice. 

• Love 15