Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Founder's Brawl

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Silo said:

"Proper Southern Girls" and white trash are not the same thing. At least, not on the surface. What is supposed to be proper and acceptable vs what actually happens is what this fight between Kathryn and Landon is all about. Kathryn (white trash) is angry all the time bc so much of the cast participates in the same behavior that she does (promiscuity, drug use) but they lie and hide it while openly chastising her for it. Kathryn knows Landon slept with TRav and is calling her out on her hypocrisy.

Kathryn is messy but she's honest and real and I would take that any day over the fakeness and meanness of the other woman on the show. With Kathryn what you see is what you get while the other women would gossip viciously behind your back while being nice to your face. That's what TRav was attempting to articulate during his dinner party. He was also attempting to point out the hypocrisy in most of cast members where they often demean Kathryn regarding behaviors they participate in themselves.

Again, the show is about the class system and supposed manners vs what's beneath the surface.   The real issue the cast members have with Kathryn is that she calls some of them on their bullshit, and they are horrified by that because they're so desperate to keep up appearances. 

Actually, I've yet to hear a truthful thing out of Kathryn's mouth. She's a non-stop liar. When they talk about her, the other cast members simply relay their personal experiences with Kathryn (i.e. Cameran, Patricia, Landon). TBH, nothing they have said about her is not truthful.

Honestly, when there was the uproar over Landon not inviting Kathryn to Shep's birthday, I didn't get it. Kathryn had told Landon to "fuck off" and flipped her the finger. That should have been the very end of any interactions between the two - completely instigated by Kathryn. Kathryn should not have been invited to the birthday party - and Landon should have told Shep that she (Landon) wouldn't attend if Kathryn was invited. All the drama is caused by Kathryn.

Didn't Landon lie about inviting Kathryn to the party?

The problem with Landon is that she is competing with Kath for eligible mates namely Shep and Thomas.

Unfortunately, she is not the prize and full package she proclaims herself to be.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, lunastartron said:

I<snip>

Didn't Thomas just run a campaign for federal office on a platform of decriminalizing all drug use? But now it's suddenly bad to recreationally use controlled substances and/or fuck drug dealers? He was convicted and sent to prison for trafficking cocaine himself!

I'm confused.  You're implying (I think) that there's been an about-face re: recreational drug use, but by whom?  Thomas?  Other posters?  Help me out here, thanks.  :)

JMO but I think that trading sex for drugs is sad.

On another topic, Patricia has really disappointed me this season.  I love me some Drunkie-O, but she lost a lot of points by going after Kathryn (someone I really dislike, btw).  Where's the class and graciousness in that?  She said her piece by calling Kathryn and Thomas morons, and she should have left it at that.  I'd rather see her drink martinis, walk hedgehogs in strollers and recline on a fabulous mess of pillows while sucking oxygen.

I should blame Bravo, really; they ruin everything by setting up these screaming matches between women and slut-shaming them.  Who knew that by the end of the season, it would be this ugly Kathryn vs. Landon mess?

• Love 9

Did Thomas really tell Kathryn that she has the wisdom of a thousand past lives?!?!?!?!? The thing with this show is it's veered into Y&R territory - the whole thing is so insane you can't tell which parts the recapper is joking about.

Maybe someone will take Whitney's original idea for SC and do a spin-off for us fuddy-duddies who don't think The Kathryn & Thomas Show is the slightest bit charming.

• Love 13
(edited)
8 minutes ago, glowlights said:

Did Thomas really tell Kathryn that she has the wisdom of a thousand past lives?!?!?!?!? The thing with this show is it's veered into Y&R territory - the whole thing is so insane you can't tell which parts the recapper is joking about.

Yes.  Yes, he did.  I'd like to think that Thomas is messing with her just to placate he and that he doesn't believe the nonsense he's spouting.  Now that they're in court to solve custody and support issues, though, this act of his might stop (I can only hope).

Edited by DeepRed
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, DeepRed said:

^^  HA!  I think that at point in their relationship he would have fed her any BS to keep his access to his kids.

I think he really believes it! She has some weird attraction for him, and no matter how crazy she acts, he's drawn to her. She likely has been spouting pseudo-profound shit since the day they met and his booze- and drug-addled brain thinks she's some sort of wise goddess who "truly understands". He's such a dope. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I think he really believes it! She has some weird attraction for him, and no matter how crazy she acts, he's drawn to her. She likely has been spouting pseudo-profound shit since the day they met and his booze- and drug-addled brain thinks she's some sort of wise goddess who "truly understands". He's such a dope. 

I believe he refers to that as her "physicality". lol

Does anyone else find the Pygmalion sl between Patsy and Landon somewhat distasteful? *sigh* Maybe I've turned into a pearl-clutcher and should switch to whatever glurge they're showing on the Hallmark channel...

• Love 7
(edited)

Re: the discussion of Kathryn's craziness, I would refer everyone to this excellent quote from "Designing Women:

Julia: I’m saying this is the South. And we’re proud of our crazy people. We don’t hide them up in the attic. We bring ’em right down to the living room and show ’em off. See, Phyllis, no one in the South ever asks if you have crazy people in your family. They just ask what side they’re on.
Phyllis: Oh? And which side are yours on Mrs. Sugarbaker?
Julia: Both.

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, ChrissyT said:
18 hours ago, Silo said:

"Proper Southern Girls" and white trash are not the same thing. At least, not on the surface. What is supposed to be proper and acceptable vs what actually happens is what this fight between Kathryn and Landon is all about. Kathryn (white trash) is angry all the time bc so much of the cast participates in the same behavior that she does (promiscuity, drug use) but they lie and hide it while openly chastising her for it. Kathryn knows Landon slept with TRav and is calling her out on her hypocrisy.

Kathryn is messy but she's honest and real and I would take that any day over the fakeness and meanness of the other woman on the show. With Kathryn what you see is what you get while the other women would gossip viciously behind your back while being nice to your face. That's what TRav was attempting to articulate during his dinner party. He was also attempting to point out the hypocrisy in most of cast members where they often demean Kathryn regarding behaviors they participate in themselves.

Again, the show is about the class system and supposed manners vs what's beneath the surface.   The real issue the cast members have with Kathryn is that she calls some of them on their bullshit, and they are horrified by that because they're so desperate to keep up appearances. 

Actually, I've yet to hear a truthful thing out of Kathryn's mouth. She's a non-stop liar. When they talk about her, the other cast members simply relay their personal experiences with Kathryn (i.e. Cameran, Patricia, Landon). TBH, nothing they have said about her is not truthful.

Honestly, when there was the uproar over Landon not inviting Kathryn to Shep's birthday, I didn't get it. Kathryn had told Landon to "fuck off" and flipped her the finger. That should have been the very end of any interactions between the two - completely instigated by Kathryn. Kathryn should not have been invited to the birthday party - and Landon should have told Shep that she (Landon) wouldn't attend if Kathryn was invited. All the drama is caused by Kathryn.

What has Kathryn lied about?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DeepRed said:

Yes.  Yes, he did.  I'd like to think that Thomas is messing with her just to placate he and that he doesn't believe the nonsense he's spouting.  Now that they're in court to solve custody and support issues, though, this act of his might stop (I can only hope).

I believe that's true, that he was just placating her to keep the peace. I would guess that Thomas is overjoyed with the new court ordered custody agreement where they each have the kids every other week. He probably doesn't even have to see Kathryn, the nanny probably just brings them back and forth, and I'd bet that is just fine with him.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

Re: the discussion of Kathryn's craziness, I would refer everyone to this excellent quote from "Designing Women:

Julia: I’m saying this is the South. And we’re proud of our crazy people. We don’t hide them up in the attic. We bring ’em right down to the living room and show ’em off. See, Phyllis, no one in the South ever asks if you have crazy people in your family. They just ask what side they’re on.
Phyllis: Oh? And which side are yours on Mrs. Sugarbaker?
Julia: Both.

I'm from the South, and this is just a case of rednecks with money. 

I have a Golden Girls quote. This time it's for Kathyrn and Thomas being in heat for each other: 

Blanche: You know, in the South, we mature faster. I think it's the heat. 

Dorothy: I think it's the gin.

• Love 17

He probably doesn't even have to see Kathryn, the nanny probably just brings them back and forth, and I'd bet that is just fine with him.

I think the nanny doesn't even see Kathryn or Thomas. She just takes care of the kids in alternating houses. It seems like she is a 24/7 nanny. I wonder how much they pay her...

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I think the nanny doesn't even see Kathryn or Thomas. She just takes care of the kids in alternating houses. It seems like she is a 24/7 nanny. I wonder how much they pay her...

They have shown the night nanny at least once. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Silo said:

What has Kathryn lied about?

The things that I can think of are her lying to Thomas that she slept with Whitney, which is bull because frankly it was none of Thomas' business. Additionally, it was lie that she and Whitney mutually agreed to. I think she embellished the duration and depth of their hook up immediately after season 1. She said it was 2 weeks and she hung out with Patricia. We now know that it was about 5 days and she saw Patricia in passing. Ironically the person who has insisted that Kathryn is a liar, Whitney, has been the person who has lied the most about this hook up. 

There other one is when she lied to Thomas that she'd come back from Jekyll Island after Thomas was arrested.

It's possible that she's lied about other things, but the show has done a garbage job of demonstrating that. Meanwhile we've seen Whitney lie about the duration of his hook up Kathryn, Landon lie about inviting Kathryn to Shep's birthday, and Thomas lie repeatedly to Kathryn about hook ups and his friendship with Landon. This isn't a tit for tat. I just think that this entire cast sucks and hypocrisy is ridiculous. I also think the problem isn't that Kathryn is a liar. The problem is that Kathryn is impulsive, petulant, and shady. Her going to the pool party with Whitney, but leaving with Thomas --shady. Her throwing a fit at the polo match and leaving with Kensie --childish and shady.

• Love 6
(edited)

Kathryn also lied about Elizabeth and JD doing something horrible to her to excuse the meltdown at the polo match but when she met with Elizabeth she acknowledged that wasn't true and she was the one who hadn't returned Elizabeth's attempts to reach out.

And I don't actually think either Whitney or Kathryn are being truthful about their hookup, Kathryn's story has changed multiple times and I don't buy Whitney's story about it only being one night but I don't think either of them thought it was a deep connection.

She has also said she didn't have an issue with Landon until she hooked up with TRav in London but her cursing Landon out predated them going to London and happened a year before Landon was even hanging out with TRav.

She also said the group wouldn't contact her but as with Elizabeth she acknowledged to Danni who has been a true friend to nearly everyone on the show (as in standing up to friends when they are talking shit or having delusions of grandeur) that she also ignored all of her texts or attempts to hang out. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

Did she lie about JD and Elizabeth doing anything to her? I can recall her screaming some curse words and yelling "Thomas said would be a family day and there are JD and Elizabeth sitting in his tent." I don't think she ever said that they did anything to her. I don't think she's ever confirmed why she freaked at the polo match. She did a TH where she articulated that she and Thomas were friends with JD and Elizabeth, but when she and Thomas broke up she felt a little abandoned because JD and Elizabeth were more Thomas' friends than hers. I've always felt like the reason Kathryn freaked out was because she was cool with Elizabeth, but JD has a history of cataloging Kathryn's faults and mistakes and talking shit about her to Thomas.

• Love 7
(edited)

Idk, as I re-watched this ep again & saw those TH's where Kathryn stares silently & angrily (while trying oh-so-hard to look evil, but she just looks really nuts) into the cam, I burst out laughing.  Was this the reaction producers were going for?  Shrugging hard.  The thing is, this cat fight between Kathryn & Landon seems so forced & dopey.  If Kathryn is miffed because she picked an asshole with zero moral character to have 2 children with, um, WTF does that have to do with Landon?  Even if Thom-ass did have sex with Landon, so what?  They're clearly not in any relationship, other than a vague friendship.  So Kathryn's jealous rage makes no sense.  Seems like poor scriptwriting to me.

The dislike between those 2 is apparent.  And with good reason.  They've both been shitty to each other.  As far as Landon repeating, "I've done nothing."  Nuh-uh, hun.  She's been bad-mouthing Kathryn on cam in TH's all season long -- many, many times, all while giggling cutesy & squinting hard.  Sheesh, that was obnoxious as hell.  You are no innocent sweetheart, widdle Snowflake.  And there was Horseteeth's birthday party, which she conveniently didn't invite Kathryn to, but told everyone she did.  A very snotty thing to do.  And making light of Kathryn's pregnancy-related health issues & implying she was faking something was lowball too.  For anyone who still "doesn't get the Landon hate", these are reasons enough for me.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 11

Katheryn is crazy but I don't think she's completely wrong of her assessment of Landon. Landon is ditzy and has relied on men all of her life. She may 'love' Shep but clearly she would be just as willing to settle for Thomas. She wants status and wealth that requires marriage...but of course she wants him to also be her best friend.

While Katheryn has her mainly faults, I'm going to focus on Landon and my irritation with her because unlike Katheryn, Landon is a complete facade. Katheryn may change her stories, yell, look batshit crazy but she's being completely honest with her feelings and opinions in any given moment. If she didn't, she'd work a little harder to avoid the inconsistencies. Landon on the other hand is just as shady but tries to act so demure and classy while judging Katheryn every step of the way. She's never said anything about Katheryn? The tape alone proves that's a lie, forget about what she may have said outside of filming the show. She intentionally excluded Katheryn from Shep's party and lied every step of the way about it. She's been lying about hooking up with Thomas but will look Katheryn straight in the eyes and manipulate Katheryn's reputation to make it look like her accusations are crazy when they aren't. Let me take a moment to address Thomas - what an absolute moron. He's telling Landon and Katheryn two different things. Hasn't he known Katheryn long enough to know that she's not afraid to confront someone? Why would he think that he can openly engage with Landon and Katheryn not call either one of them out?

Back to Landon, she's pathetic. She's lusting after Shep while she keeps Thomas in her back pocket. While I don't think Shep was absolutely clear with her about not returning her feelings, I think he was clear enough that she looked desperate and petty by becoming obviously upset at him bringing a date. While it seems like a real douche move for Shep to bring a friend of hers as a date, honestly, I think that Shep is just running out of candidates for these types of events. God forbid if he starts recycling dates then the girl might think that they're in a relationship and Shep may just have a heart attack at the mere thought. I loved the ending though - Shep's incredulous 'what?' in response to Landon's friend's admission - perfect way to end and set up the reunion, haha.

• Love 8
(edited)

Kathryn is so obviously being played by Thomas, who admits in his THs that he's placating her. She sat at his house prior to the ball and had him agree that their boundaries would be "no Landon" in either of their lives. Next thing we saw him calling Landon with an apology for his behavior at the dinner. Because he got her voicemail, he left a message saying, "Call me." He had no intention of keeping the "boundary" he agreed to, and yet Kathryn continues to blame Landon. Her head must explode every time she watches one of these episodes and sees what a dick he is. 

Also, as much as Landon tried to look like she was crying about Shep bringing another woman to the ball, I saw no tears. Fake, fake, fake. The producers did a fine job of setting up Kathryn vs Landon and playing it out over the season and resulting in the "big bang" at the ball, if that's what you like to watch. I for one just don't enjoy it and find it stupid and like a bad soap opera. Despite that, on re-watch I realized there is still a lot to enjoy about this show.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Her head must explode every time she watches one of these episodes and sees what a dick he is. 

THIS.  I don't know how she can watch Thomas on this show and blame everyone else but him for him being an ass.  I don't know how she can watch how he treats her to her face and behind her back, and see what he says behind her back to his friends and to the tv audience, and still WANT him.  I just do not get it.  Is she brain damaged?  Does she have zero self-esteem?  Is she THAT greedy that she'll suck up the worst behavior ever in an attempt to get him to marry her?  Is she that desperate?  I mean, really.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 12

She said it herself in a TH, that she finds his behavior "Disgusting. Dis-GUST-ing!" and yet she sits there hinting and hoping he'll ask her to marry him. She must really, really, really want that money. The best decision he ever made was to get her out of his house. 

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I believe that's true, that he was just placating her to keep the peace. I would guess that Thomas is overjoyed with the new court ordered custody agreement where they each have the kids every other week. He probably doesn't even have to see Kathryn, the nanny probably just brings them back and forth, and I'd bet that is just fine with him.

Remember Thomas saying Kathryn was like an unpredictable  volcano (or something along those lines)... one minute she's normal, the next minute the house explodes. I think that's why he tries to play nice with her, so he can see his children. Now that he has custody, he no longer needs to play this role. If this show gets renewed, it will be a very different relationship that we witness. She's not equipped to take care of two little kids, and thankfully the court recognized this.

15 minutes ago, izabella said:

THIS.  I don't know how she can watch Thomas on this show and blame everyone else but him for him being an ass.  I don't know how she can watch how he treats her to her face and behind her back, and see what he says behind her back to his friends and to the tv audience, and still WANT him.  I just do not get it.  Is she brain damaged?  Does she have zero self-esteem?  Is she THAT greedy that she'll suck up the worst behavior ever in an attempt to get him to marry her?  Is she that desperate?  I mean, really.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Did she lie about JD and Elizabeth doing anything to her? I can recall her screaming some curse words and yelling "Thomas said would be a family day and there are JD and Elizabeth sitting in his tent." I don't think she ever said that they did anything to her. I don't think she's ever confirmed why she freaked at the polo match. She did a TH where she articulated that she and Thomas were friends with JD and Elizabeth, but when she and Thomas broke up she felt a little abandoned because JD and Elizabeth were more Thomas' friends than hers. I've always felt like the reason Kathryn freaked out was because she was cool with Elizabeth, but JD has a history of cataloging Kathryn's faults and mistakes and talking shit about her to Thomas.

Kathryn was bitching to Jen about Elizabeth and JD on the drive down to the match before they even got to the polo field and it seemed to surprise Jen. Her bitching about them before they got to the match also indicated that she didn't think it was a family day which Thomas never said. He said come for the polo match the next day we can go to the besch. Also, she invited Jen who at that point she knew Thomas slept with while they were together so she never thought it was a "family day."

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

I have always thought it is not that Kathryn wants Thomas as much as she wants to be the one to reject him and have him pursue her.  Instead of pursuing her he placates her.  The playing field has been leveled but for the sake of the children these fools need to coordinate the nannies and while Kathryn has nannies she needs to go back to college and finish her degree.  Even if she does it on line. At some point in the very near future she has to get a job outside of reality TV.  For the next 16 years or so she may be able to live off child support but she strikes me as wanting more.   I think an outside career would be good for her confidence.

I also believe for the sake of the show, these fools either need to find a way to include Kathryn, and not as Thomas' date or the producers need to figure out a way to write her off.  She can't just keep showing up and going off the rails.  This last episode she looked absolutely maniacal trying to get at what she believes is her truth.  Someone needs to sit down with her and encourage her to let go of the Thomas fantasy. 

• Love 8

I agree that Kathryn's role is wearing thin. How long can she and Thomas keep up the emotional merry-go-round? It doesn't make sense for it to continue into a next season, and fighting over their children on TV would be unconscionable. How long can Kathryn run around accusing various women of going after Thomas, and how long can he keep placating her just so both of them can have a place on the show and she can waste her paycheck on Fuccis and Firkins? 

• Love 7

Yeah Thomas gave an interview, where he confirmed the failed drug test by K.

Says they're not talking at all, unless it's an emergency thing involving the children.

Obviously if they were filming, K and T would have a lot of scenes.  Would K admit on camera though that it was her fault that she has to split custody with T?

Now if they wait a few months to film, not sure what the story lines would be.  By then, the joint custody would become routine so not much chance for drama there.  Bravo would have to manufacture some new causes of friction between them, so maybe they'd string along this fake plot about Landon and T hooking up (both have denied it and there's probably nothing there).

Who else would be K's nemesis, since everything kind of revolves around here?  Maybe Cameran and K snipe at each other, but turned up a few notches?

Maybe Whitney wants the show on the air bad enough that he'll increase his role as K's antagonist?

Several cast members could take turns taking potshots at her, maybe minimize direct confrontations, like they did this season for the most part.

But K may not agree to do the show if others are going to take shots at her for her drug use, though if she wants that Bravo money ...

• Love 1

What kind of drugs did she test positive for? I didn't see that story. 

If Katheryn returns, I don't think it will be another season of 'making it work' with Thomas. She's posted and her family has given interviews confirming that she's been in a relationship for a while. While the show must certainly have its production effect to help with the drama, I don't think they'd be stupid enough to recycle a storyline when off-season shenanigans have made it clear that Katheryn has moved on. 

I think there are many factors that have influenced Katheryn's desperation when it comes to Thomas. I do think that she is genuinely attracted to him. I do think that she would like the status that comes with being with him. I think she would enjoy the money (and she's already used her children as a means to get him to co-sign a loan so that she could get her home). I do also think that two kids in, why wouldn't she try to make a relationship work with their father? But another big factor that I think many women fall trap to (and I think Landon is also looking like an example of this) is that there's a certain badge of honour and accomplishment to be the woman to tame a man who is known to run away from commitment. 

Forgot to mention originally, but despite how mean Cameron sometimes came across with shutting down talks or being around Katheryn, the ball was vindication of all that Cameron was saying. Katheryn is always the instigator of these loud, angry confrontations. It doesn't mean that Katheryn never has reason to be upset or offended by something but her method of conflict-resolution is understandably not something that everyone will agree with or enjoy being around as it's unfolding. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

What kind of drugs did she test positive for? I didn't see that story. 

If Katheryn returns, I don't think it will be another season of 'making it work' with Thomas. She's posted and her family has given interviews confirming that she's been in a relationship for a while. While the show must certainly have its production effect to help with the drama, I don't think they'd be stupid enough to recycle a storyline when off-season shenanigans have made it clear that Katheryn has moved on. 

I think there are many factors that have influenced Katheryn's desperation when it comes to Thomas. I do think that she is genuinely attracted to him. I do think that she would like the status that comes with being with him. I think she would enjoy the money (and she's already used her children as a means to get him to co-sign a loan so that she could get her home). I do also think that two kids in, why wouldn't she try to make a relationship work with their father? But another big factor that I think many women fall trap to (and I think Landon is also looking like an example of this) is that there's a certain badge of honour and accomplishment to be the woman to tame a man who is known to run away from commitment. 

Forgot to mention originally, but despite how mean Cameron sometimes came across with shutting down talks or being around Katheryn, the ball was vindication of all that Cameron was saying. Katheryn is always the instigator of these loud, angry confrontations. It doesn't mean that Katheryn never has reason to be upset or offended by something but her method of conflict-resolution is understandably not something that everyone will agree with or enjoy being around as it's unfolding. 

Cocaine and Marijuana.

My issue with Kathryn is she seems to want to hold the entire cast hostage and then blows up when they don't want to be around her.  The best example was the polo match.  She brought an old fling of Thomas' spent about thirty seconds before decided to make a scene and leave.  She could have left the child and nanny, taken some time to cool off and been around the rest of the people at the polo match.  Shep on WWHL said it best in response to Kathryn's tweet about "their utter devotion to writing me off Southern Charm" Kathryn's focus is in the wrong place.  It should not be about staying on the show it should be about comporting herself so others want to be around her and her children.  Last time I checked there just aren't a lot of careers for fiery redheads in South Carolina.  With her recent court orders she is pretty well limited to being close enough to Thomas to make the situation work. 

At first I thought it was insensitive of Cameron, then realized she wanted some self-preservation.

• Love 9

I'm starting to get the feeling this show is over, and not because of Kathryn's demise. They can roust up a new woman for Thomas to film with, but this season has mostly been lackluster and boring. For me, anyway.

3 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Consensus seems to be that Kathryn is not fit to raise her 2 kids - but apparently THOMAS, the convicted coke dealer/head IS??   I don't see a difference, personally.

He has the financial means to provide care for his children. Kathryn blows money, up her nose and on super-expensive plastic playpens, and at this point in the story, she's not who I'd trust to babysit a puppy.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Consensus seems to be that Kathryn is not fit to raise her 2 kids - but apparently THOMAS, the convicted coke dealer/head IS??   I don't see a difference, personally.

His drug test was clean, hers was not.  His conviction was before the children were ever conceived.  I believe Kathryn is entirely fit to care for her children with the assistance of nannies, where she is lacking is ensuring visitation/shared custody is honored with the children's father.   Hopefully, with the court order she will see where depriving her children of contact with their father is not in their best interest. 

6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I'm starting to get the feeling this show is over, and not because of Kathryn's demise. They can roust up a new woman for Thomas to film with, but this season has mostly been lackluster and boring. For me, anyway.

He has the financial means to provide care for his children. Kathryn blows money, up her nose and on super-expensive plastic playpens, and at this point in the story, she's not who I'd trust to babysit a puppy.

They definitely need some fresh characters.  The male side of the cast card is pretty strong, they will have to beef up the female roles.

• Love 8

Ok, the more I read these pages the more I realize I know nothing of these people...Thomas is a convicted drug dealer? Kathryn enjoys the coke?  There are drug tests and custody hearings, supervised visitations?  WTF?  

I am positively chomping at the bit for the reunion shows, the little bit I saw Kathryn was dressed oddly, the corset looks like she is having a hard time sitting up on the sofa which I notice a lot of the women on reunions never give their dresses the "sitting test."

14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ok, the more I read these pages the more I realize I know nothing of these people...Thomas is a convicted drug dealer? Kathryn enjoys the coke?  There are drug tests and custody hearings, supervised visitations?  WTF?  

I am positively chomping at the bit for the reunion shows, the little bit I saw Kathryn was dressed oddly , the corset looks like she is having a hard time sitting up on the sofa which I notice a lot of the women on reunions never give their dresses the "sitting test."

Isn't she almost always?  I admit I'm not a Kathryn fan but the woman  can look beautiful and has a tall thin body that can look stunning in clothing. And yet she has looked at best odd in some of her choices. 

In the preview Kathryn  straight up lies about failing the drug test. Then says prove it.  She really should admit it,  the record is public. 

In the above mentioned Thomas interview,  he says something  about Whitney not having any power over the edit we see.  So I guess  Whitney isn't responsible for Kathryn" bad edit. "

• Love 1
1 hour ago, selhars said:

Why was Kathryn even tested? I don't know anything about her being tested.

Did Thomas ask for it in a legal move? DId she get taken into custody for some reason?

Yes it is really suspicious, IMO.

I bet Thomas asked for it as retaliation for Kathryn keeping the kids away from him.

he is not sober either, he is a mean drunk IMO and he appeared to me like his tirade against his own diner guests was fueled by coke or perhaps steroids.

kathryn needs to get a grip, he is a pure asshole, give him up, get her check and keeps it moving for her kids and her sanity.

• Love 4
On 6/24/2016 at 8:28 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Idk, as I re-watched this ep again & saw those TH's where Kathryn stares silently & angrily (while trying oh-so-hard to look evil, but she just looks really nuts) into the cam, I burst out laughing.  Was this the reaction producers were going for?  Shrugging hard.  The thing is, this cat fight between Kathryn & Landon seems so forced & dopey.  If Kathryn is miffed because she picked an asshole with zero moral character to have 2 children with, um, WTF does that have to do with Landon?  Even if Thom-ass did have sex with Landon, so what?  They're clearly not in any relationship, other than a vague friendship.  So Kathryn's jealous rage makes no sense.  Seems like poor scriptwriting to me.

I died laughing every time they showed yet another mad-face.  She thinks it's working for the sake of drama, but it really comes across as a teenage tantrum mixed with a little bit of psychopathy.  It's embarassing that the major storyline is dependent/capitalizing on the immaturity of a 24 year old (who seems to be more like 16 mentally/emotionally) who injected herself into a group of older people whom are considered (albeit loosely in several cases) "adults".  It can only be so entertaining, and the expiration date has long since passed, in my opinion.   Thomas is no better.  He can't use the young and stupid excuse, though.  He's a serious drunk with anger issues and zero impulse control.   They deserve one another, but the kids deserve better.  

My guess is that Kathryn's coke use had to do with trying to lose the baby weight at a furious pace.  Last time, she was very bothered and insecure because she carried some extra weight on her after she delivered - as all moms of newborns do!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Babyfoot said:
7 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I don't know any mothers who used coke to lose weight. Unless they're already users, I would imagine.

LOL,  yeah that is a huge jump imo.  The Idea that Kathryn used it just for weight loss is a huge pass. I'm of the opinion that coke is a Hella of a drug :)  and Kathryn probably just liked it. 

1 hour ago, straightshooter said:

I died laughing every time they showed yet another mad-face.  She thinks it's working for the sake of drama, but it really comes across as a teenage tantrum mixed with a little bit of psychopathy.  It's embarassing that the major storyline is dependent/capitalizing on the immaturity of a 24 year old (who seems to be more like 16 mentally/emotionally) who injected herself into a group of older people whom are considered (albeit loosely in several cases) "adults".  It can only be so entertaining, and the expiration date has long since passed, in my opinion.   Thomas is no better.  He can't use the young and stupid excuse, though.  He's a serious drunk with anger issues and zero impulse control.   They deserve one another, but the kids deserve better.  

My guess is that Kathryn's coke use had to do with trying to lose the baby weight at a furious pace.  Last time, she was very bothered and insecure because she carried some extra weight on her after she delivered - as all moms of newborns do!

I was wondering if Kathryn realized how much most of the cast regularly mocks her -- and more importantly, that the producers are mocking her (and with ole Whit as a producer).  Does she not care, or is she so desperate & hungry for the Bravo dough?

Oh, she definitely knows now she's being mocked by the cast.  But seeing the way the show is cut, she can't be thrilled.  Sure, she was acting nuts in this ep, but the way producers constantly show mostly everyone (except Horseteeth) piling on & ragging on Kathryn is pretty nasty.  Wonder if Whit is behind this.

• Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I was wondering if Kathryn realized how much most of the cast regularly mocks her -- and more importantly, that the producers are mocking her (and with ole Whit as a producer).  Does she not care, or is she so desperate & hungry for the Bravo dough?

Oh, she definitely knows now she's being mocked by the cast.  But seeing the way the show is cut, she can't be thrilled.  Sure, she was acting nuts in this ep, but the way producers constantly show mostly everyone (except Horseteeth) piling on & ragging on Kathryn is pretty nasty.  Wonder if Whit is behind this.

As much as she annoys me, it has left a bad taste in my mouth because it feels like they're exploiting the young, dumb, naive girl who is now a mom of two and has done things that may come back to haunt her and her kids.  I doubt it will have been worth it for those 15 minutes and a few hundred thousand bucks.

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, straightshooter said:

As much as she annoys me, it has left a bad taste in my mouth because it feels like they're exploiting the young, dumb, naive girl who is now a mom of two and has done things that may come back to haunt her and her kids.  I doubt it will have been worth it for those 15 minutes and a few hundred thousand bucks.

I don't feel bad. The only reason she is on the show is because she wanted to be and inserted herself by sleeping with three dudes on the show in the first few weeks of filming. She wasnt cast by her own omission. I don't think that she is in any way naive and she wanted to be on the show and is trying to have her moments. She and Thomas are the worst because they were being ridiculous and over the top before they had kids and have continued to be dramatic and thats on them. Both of them have gone crazy sauce with no one doing anything to either of them.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
(edited)
On June 23, 2016 at 5:36 PM, absolutelyido said:

Really? I think Thomas loves drama as much as anyone. He climbed out of a window for no reason (wtf??) and lost his shit on everyone practically chasing a golf cart down the street. Thomas loves to start and continue drama. I think this is just the latest in a life time of drama between Kathryn and Thomas if Kathryn doesn't grow out of it (the only way I see it ending). 

Edited by jkitty
  • Love 7
(edited)

OK let me get the straight….. KATHRYN’S OWN attorney requested drug testing that SHE failed. What’s her law firm Dewey Cheatam and Howe?

If HER attorneys requested the tests -- then saying they were court ordered is sort of BS…if HER OWN attorney ASKED for the testing. Any chance they could really be loyal to Thomas?

Edited by selhars
  • Love 1