Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Founder's Brawl

• Start Topic

(edited)
14 hours ago, BookElitist said:

Some posters constantly make references to Kathryn FANS. (Me, myself, and) I am bemused by both the the sentiments and any related statements of PTV Kathryn Fandom. That's as clear as I can be.

[snip] She's clearly a whore, a coke addict, suffers from delusions, is volatile and is an all-around horrible person. She smoked and did drugs while she was pregnant (and her son was a preemie). Literally, there is not one thing to like about her - except that she makes for good reality TV. If Thomas had a lick of sense he'd permanently get those kids away from her. 

Edited by Stinger97
  • Love 4

Landon already had a rich husband, but, I have to wonder what is wrong with him since he was also married to Stacey Dash.  I think Landon needs someone to take care of her since she seems fragile.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Landon already had a rich husband, but, I have to wonder what is wrong with him since he was also married to Stacey Dash.  I think Landon needs someone to take care of her since she seems fragile.

You are kind calling her fragile.

I think she is just plain DUMB!

Her mom seems most upset that they couldnt't just marry her off  to a rich husband who would forever take care of her and get her out of their pockets.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

I've mentioned Kathryn's fans a couple of times in recent posts because there's this thing where, if anyone says they'd love to see Kathryn and Thomas dumped from the show, someone else says "But they ARE the show, it would be nothing without them". Meaning, Kathryn has many fans/followers who are vocal and fall into the target demographic so Bravo producers, as they do with most of their reality shows, amps up the presence of that particular cast member or members and highlights their sometimes quite out-there behavior. For me, it's to the detriment of the show. For others, among them fans of Kathryn, it "makes" the show. She's a polarizing figure, for sure.

Thank you for the clarification

Edited by BookElitist
(edited)

OK, just as I represent those who rose up against all the Shep super-fans who so heavily dominated the early threads, who adored & worshipped Horseteeth, I will also represent all those (like me) who can't stomach poor widdle Snowflake.  And make no mistake, I can't stand her.  

For those who need an explanation on why Snowflake is such an annoying PITA?  Well, sheesh, it ain't exactly hard to explain.  Have ya just met her & not heard that non-stop nasally whine?

What bugs the absolute fuck outta me about poor widdle Snowflake is how freakin' entitled she seems.  I know, yet another entitled chick on a Bravo show, right?  Yet another lazy fuck who thinks she can do pretty much nothing & she can get away with doing absolutely nothing & the world will automatically lick her toes.  So why just hate her?  I don't just hate her.  I hate all these kinda numbskulls on Bravo shows.

The prob is, I'm not entirely sure what to believe about Snowflake -- at least of what the show is throwing at us.  Is this what she's really like?  Cuz she's 34, but acts most of the time (that we see her on the show) like she's 10.  Which is sad & pathetic.  And it also makes her seem somewhat mentally unbalanced.  So I ask again -- is what we're seeing really who Landon is?  Or is this just more badly scripted stuff this show is now pushing at us?  

Maybe I might like Landon better if she actually is a different person in real life than she is on the show.  I suspect she might be.  Sounds like she made a good & sensible decision to get out of her marriage.  And she really stood up very strongly & calmly to Kathryn while she was screaming at her like a lunatic.  True, that was probably all planned & tightly scripted, but still, I was impressed how Landon kept her composure while loony Kathryn was yelling at her. I couldn't do that.  I'd run away.

So maybe Landon is really a sensible gal & not the whiny 10 year old we see?  Well, if that's the case, I might ease up on her.  Wait, so maybe next we're gonna find out Horseteeth actually has normal-looking teeth, combs his hair, doesn't sleep all day, has a proper job & a wife & 2.5 kids too?  Mmmmm, kay then.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

Landon throws stones and hides her hands.  The clip they showed in this episode of her saying to Thomas, "Kathryn wants to trap you"?  That's "doing something".  Her saying "People go to the hospital every day.  God!  Don't make such a big deal out of it!" when Kathryn went to the hospital during her pregnancy?  That's "doing something".    Her sleeping with Thomas in the months between their break-up and their second baby and then lying about it?  That's "doing something".  Her going to Thomas a telling him Kathryn was yelling at her and scaring her?  That's "doing something". 

She's a stealth bitch and Kathryn getting that read on her is proof that even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

• Love 23
59 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I think Shep only likes dumb, vacuous women if it is slam-bam.  He won't marry them but once he enjoys his celebrity status and sows more wild oats, he'll meet a girl who has a brain and can challenge him.

I think Landon is as much a gold diggers as Kathryn is -- without the kids.  She won't have babies out of wedlock b/c I would bet her family has some sort of stature (in addition to funding her).  But I'm certain she is looking for that rich hubby so she could be one of those "ladies who lunch."

My issues with Landon is that she really does come across as much as a gold digger as Kathryn. She will sit there casting aspersions about Kathryn and talk about Kathryn being a talentless whore, when Landon really is trying to do the same thing with a slightly different strategy. She's not going to use her physicality to get a man, but she'll happily break out her "oops, aren't I adorable." I really cannot get over someone who has accomplished as little as Landon has, feeling smuggly superior enough to call Kathryn talentless. In her first season, Landon helped Cooper coordinate his fashion show and had her pop-up shop. She seems to have regressed. She's hit her father up for money. She's come up with cockamamie business ideas that went nowhere. The one idea she does come up with gets her laughed out a professional's office and home. Her younger sister tells Landon to get a job and Landon whines and pouts. Landon is 10 years older than Kathryn. Landon isn't better than Kathryn. Landon is Kathryn + 10 years + 1 failed marriage - 2 kids. And of course minus the drugs, but Landon is unstable in her own "I'm a fragile broken bird" kinda way. Just like Kathryn, Landon has no intention of working.

It's not like I like Kathryn. I think she's the worst, but Landon ain't no great shakes. And the fact that these two women have decided to waste a single second or kilocalorie on Thomas is beyond perplexing. When people show you who they are, believe them. If you're Landon and you see that Thomas is disrespecting and cheating on Kathryn, you should be reevaluating Thomas. Kathryn is a mess, but good guys don't do that. They don't play mind games.

• Love 15

I just don't like Landon because I can't stand listening to her talk and her nervous giggling.  I don't think I'd mind her silly flitting around from stupid business idea to stupid business idea and other nonsense if she didn't make my head hurt with her dolphin squeaks.

• Love 10

I can understand why Kathryn was livid, to know that Landon and Thomas had sex and then to have them both flat out deny it when she knows it is very true. At the end, Shep pretty much said that Landon, Kathryn, and Thomas were all pretty alike, and Kathryn was much more like Landon that she would like to admit. I think that's probably the most truthful thing Shep has said so far.

I agree that Shep has the hots big time for Cameron. He wants someone more assertive and ambitious than Landon. Landon is just trying to do something because her father told her too, which is why she has no idea what to do. 

• Love 7

1. Are we certain Thomas and Landon had sex or is the possibility being played up for the cameras? I don't believe it happened just because Robyn made that season-ending cliff-hanger remark. Though it certainly may have.

2. If they did, how is that Thomas "cheating" on Kathryn, to whom he is not married, engaged, living with? They do have a very on-off relationship that no one outside it can figure out, but it's not Landon's fault if Thomas was "cheating" on Kathryn. Whatever promises he made to Kathryn are up to him to keep.

3. Does Landon owe it to Kathryn to not sleep with Thomas or tell her if she did sleep with Thomas? Not in my book. I think that's her personal business; others may feel differently. The way I see it, what does it matter? Kathryn and Landon weren't even friends, and it's not like whatever might have happened kept Thomas from choosing to marry Kathryn. From Kathryn's remarks, he's having sex or trying to with lots of other women.

4. If I were Landon I'd probably say to Kathryn, "So what if we had sex? You're not his wife or girlfriend, and you're not my friend. I don't particulary like you and I don't owe you anything." Kathryn would still go off on her but at least Landon could claim the higher ground of being honest.

• Love 14
(edited)
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I think Shep only likes dumb, vacuous women if it is slam-bam.  He won't marry them but once he enjoys his celebrity status and sows more wild oats, he'll meet a girl who has a brain and can challenge him.

I think Landon is as much a gold diggers as Kathryn is  -- without the kids.  She won't have babies out of wedlock b/c I would bet her family has some sort of stature (in addition to funding her).  But I'm certain she is looking for that rich hubby so she could be one of those "ladies who lunch."

I'm sorry but what has Landon done to be called a gold digger?  I don't understand this.  I get it,  if you like/sympathize  with  Kathryn you can't stand Landon fine, whatever . Imo I haven't seen Landon do anything that warrants the gold digger label. She may or may not have slept with Thomas,  big freaking whoop. She declared her love  for Shep, ok.  She had 1 meeting with Patricia,  where Patricia tried to show her how to get Shep's attention. Still not seeing gold digger. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, DeepRed said:

HEY, I'm an old bat and I'll go scorched earth on ANYONE, but then I don't have a caftan and a butler and aspire to be fancy Southern aristocracy.

Oh I'm an OLD BAT myself! Not a heck of a lot younger the Miss Pat. But I try not to go all scorched earth on young women who are 40 years younger then me. Unless there directly hurting me or my family. Then it's game on!

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, imjagain said:

I'm sorry but what has Landon done to be called a gold digger?  I don't understand this.  I get it,  if you like/sympathize  with  Kathryn you can't stand Landon fine, whatever . Imo I haven't seen Landon do anything that warrants the gold digger label. She may or may not have slept with Thomas,  big freaking whoop. She declared her love  for Shep, ok.  She had 1 meeting with Patricia,  where Patricia tried to show her how to get Shep's attention. Still not seeing gold digger. 

(1) She MAY have slept with Thomas.

(2) She MAY have asked to be set up with his rich friends.

(3) She SUDDENLY decides she's in love with Shep now that she can't get ANYTHING off the ground.

(4) The ONE idea she has to make money, she can't even be bothered to do the hard work on (they can run the website...)

Maybe she's not a gold digger, but suddenly she's in love with Shep when she's apparently having the worst year of her life financially and everyone is worried.  That's red flag number one to me.  She sees his life of leisure, his house, etc.  She sees that Thomas isn't gonna make it happen for her.  So now it's off to Shep!  When that doesn't work, maybe Patricia can groom me!

Edited by sasha206
Removed my bitchiness!
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get the Landon hate because she's not smart.  Not everybody can be smart.  Like Wendy Williams said, "not everybody can get into Harvard."  To me that's no reason to hate anybody.

I find her overall persona irritating.  It's not her intelligence so much.  There have been plenty of dumb reality stars that I've liked because they have something else. Charm, self-awareness.

I personally don't buy that this special snowflake is a demure, shy child.  I think that's the way she's gotten through life, much like Kathyrn.  Kathyrn does the overt sexuality.  Landon makes you think she's the girl next door.  I truly believe that she likely slept with Thomas and like Kathryn thought maybe there is something there. When that didn't work, she decided to bat her eyes at the next trust fund baby.  Now she's really at a loss because that didn't work.

Maybe she is the girl next door but I just don't buy it. 

8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

My issues with Landon is that she really does come across as much as a gold digger as Kathryn. She will sit there casting aspersions about Kathryn and talk about Kathryn being a talentless whore, when Landon really is trying to do the same thing with a slightly different strategy. She's not going to use her physicality to get a man, but she'll happily break out her "oops, aren't I adorable." I really cannot get over someone who has accomplished as little as Landon has, feeling smuggly superior enough to call Kathryn talentless. In her first season, Landon helped Cooper coordinate his fashion show and had her pop-up shop. She seems to have regressed. She's hit her father up for money. She's come up with cockamamie business ideas that went nowhere. The one idea she does come up with gets her laughed out a professional's office and home. Her younger sister tells Landon to get a job and Landon whines and pouts. Landon is 10 years older than Kathryn. Landon isn't better than Kathryn. Landon is Kathryn + 10 years + 1 failed marriage - 2 kids. And of course minus the drugs, but Landon is unstable in her own "I'm a fragile broken bird" kinda way. Just like Kathryn, Landon has no intention of working.

It's not like I like Kathryn. I think she's the worst, but Landon ain't no great shakes. And the fact that these two women have decided to waste a single second or kilocalorie on Thomas is beyond perplexing. When people show you who they are, believe them. If you're Landon and you see that Thomas is disrespecting and cheating on Kathryn, you should be reevaluating Thomas. Kathryn is a mess, but good guys don't do that. They don't play mind games.

Amen.  You summed up everything perfectly!

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

You seem extremely agitated that someone is offering an opinion about characters on a show.  I don't like Kathyrn, so stop trying to make this one of those Jolie/Aniston wars.

As to your question on what she's done:

(1) She MAY have slept with Thomas.

(2) She MAY have asked to be set up with his rich friends.

(3) She SUDDENLY decides she's in love with Shep now that she can't get ANYTHING off the ground.

(4) The ONE idea she has to make money, she can't even be bothered to do the hard work on (they can run the website...)

Maybe she's not a gold digger, but suddenly she's in love with Shep when she's apparently having the worst year of her life financially and everyone is worried.  That's red flag number one to me.  She sees his life of leisure, his house, etc.  She sees that Thomas isn't gonna make it happen for her.  So now it's off to Shep!  When that doesn't work, maybe Patricia can groom me!

Lol what?

I don't care enough to be agitated. I was asking a question. And offering my own opinion.  Nice to know that people can can be extremely condescending about a reality show. Have a great day.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Lol what?

I don't care enough to be enough to be agitated. I was asking a question. And offering my own opinion.  Nice to know that people can can be extremely condescending about a reality show. Have a great day.

Edited: In retrospect after rereading your initial post, I apologize for being condescending.  My first reading of your response rubbed me the wrong way; perhaps I'm the agitated one.  

My apologies.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Edited: In retrospect after rereading your initial post, I apologize for being condescending.  My first reading of your response rubbed me the wrong way; perhaps I'm the agitated one.  

My apologies.

No problem. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, terminalpreppy said:

OK i hate to ask this question (really....!) :)

Does anyone know what the name of that oxygen therapy machine (with ambience!! :P ) was that Patricia was using? Or in fact what exactly it was? (she did not actually say, but i assume it was something like an öxygen therapy"machine!!!

thanks in advance fellow PTVers! 

Amazon usually has the answer:

https://www.amazon.com/Zadro-OXY01-Tranquil-Sounds-Oxygen/dp/B000XTBHFK/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466607638&sr=8-1&keywords=oxygen+therapy+machine

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Still don't get the Landon hate.

And I don't really listen to dolphins so I don't know how they sound.  I assume that dolphins don't speak in complete sentences.  So, don't get the comparison.  I will agree that Landon's voice is a bit whiny; she sounds like a three year old.  However I can't get the image of Kathryn giving her the middle finger, last season, out of my head.  Kathryn acts like a trashy three year old who just learned the word "fuck" from her parents. 

With ya there. Don't get me wrong.  I definitely think Landon comes of as kinda lazy, whiny, and entitled.  And yes, she (and her voice and her nervous laughter) can be grating. So, no, I am far from a Landon fan. But she just hasn't done or said anything to make me think she's evil or insane.

In my eyes, there is no comparison between her and crazy-eyed, drug-addled Kathryn.  Landon was not inciting any drama at the Founders Ball; she was merely reacting to Kathryn's loony toons ranting.  

• Love 6

Yeah Landon has no reason to deny it if she did sleep with Thomas.  She denied it at their confrontation and she denied it on WWHL.

But she's not as dumb as Kathryn to throw herself at every guy.  Just because she slept with 3 members of the cast, she thinks Landon is engaged in the same behavior?

• Love 4
(edited)

Just mentioning a little thing that I've noticed. When Kathryn and Thomas brought St. Julien Rembert Ravenel home for the first time and introduced him to the nanny, she asked, "Are you calling him 'Julien'?" and they said, "Yes." The placard for the show this week said "Julien" at one point when we saw the baby. But the few gossip sites I've read call him "Saint". I know they do it to make fun of his name, but he's an infant who can't didn't ask for the name his parents chose (or his parents, for that matter). 

So far I've only heard them call him "Julien" on the show, so it bugs me that the gossip writers call him "Saint". 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RedHawk said:

1. Are we certain Thomas and Landon had sex or is the possibility being played up for the cameras? I don't believe it happened just because Robyn made that season-ending cliff-hanger remark. Though it certainly may have.

I'm not taking Robyn's remark as though she knows anything.  She asked a question, and just because she asked it, doesn't means she knows for sure.

"Do you think she'll ever admit she slept with Thomas?"  could be answered, "No, because she didn't." 

I think it's part of the scripted Bravo drama set-up.  Just like Shep bringing Landon's friend to the ball was a Bravo set up.

5 hours ago, RedHawk said:

4. If I were Landon I'd probably say to Kathryn, "So what if we had sex? You're not his wife or girlfriend, and you're not my friend. I don't particulary like you and I don't owe you anything." Kathryn would still go off on her but at least Landon could claim the higher ground of being honest.

And I'd add, "You were having sex with other people at the same time that you and Thomas got pregnant, so if you can have sex with your dealer, why are you so mad when Thomas chooses to have sex with other people?" 

• Love 7

I don't get the "gold-digger" comments.  If a woman isn't smart enough, or lucky enough to make enough money to take care of herself, and wants to make sure she, and any children she might have will be taken care of, what's the problem?  Is there nobility in marrying a "struggle man?"  Is there any nobility in marrying a homeless man? 

I mean a poor man can abuse you just as easily as a wealthy man can. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I would totally buy this for my 80-year-old mom, and likely one for myself.

Only 3 left! Pat should get a cut of the profits!

Read the reviews. It seems to have only a bit of a placebo effect item with dubious benefits. It only gives about 30% oxygen and regular air is close to that. There are real ones but they're double the price of this home spa version.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

With ya there. Don't get me wrong.  I definitely think Landon comes of as kinda lazy, whiny, and entitled.  And yes, she (and her voice and her nervous laughter) can be grating. So, no, I am far from a Landon fan. But she just hasn't done or said anything to make me think she's evil or insane.

In my eyes, there is no comparison between her and crazy-eyed, drug-addled Kathryn.  Landon was not inciting any drama at the Founders Ball; she was merely reacting to Kathryn's loony toons ranting.  

Kathyrn is the loon.  No redeeming value to her whatsoever.

• Love 3
(edited)
On June 22, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Almost 3000 said:

Read the reviews. It seems to have only a bit of a placebo effect item with dubious benefits. It only gives about 30% oxygen and regular air is close to that. There are real ones but they're double the price of this home spa version.

Thanks for the warning -- I hadn't read any reviews. I wasn't serious about buying, although the soothing sounds might be nice, and I do think my mom would get a placebo effect but she already has air purifiers in a couple rooms of her house. I think the act of laying back and focusing on breathing would be relaxing, but you can do that without a special machine. Pat just makes it look so luxurious!

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2

Here's the deal, y'all: just because there are posters out there that are fans of cast members that you don't particularly like, you still don't get to demand that those fans explain their reasoning behind why they like him/her. There are fans of Shep, Kathryn, Landon, et al., and you should just accept that and move on. If *you* aren't a fan someone, you may express *your* opinion as to why you aren't, but don't ask anyone to explain their position because... well, they don't have to. 

Thanks! 

• Love 18
(edited)

I froze the screen during the therapy session so I could take notes on Cameran's thoughts about having a baby. 

With kids: "Could strain marriage, stressful, no free time, constant worry, no more travel, I come second, worry about them dying, kid could be asshole, less sleep, house will be a mess."

Without kids: "Carefree, abundant freedom, less stress, travel, I come first, more sleep/more money, *kids could pay for nursing home care, Jason's [something I couldn't read]."

It looks like the only positive she foresees is the possibility (hence the asterisk?) that they might pay for nursing home care one day! 

As a childfree married woman, I identify with many of her thoughts and they are also some of the reasons I made my choice. I could see Jason's thoughts that children would be "fulfilling" but personally disagree with his thinking that life would be "lonely" and "simple" -- as if "simple" is a bad thing. Ultimately, from what we've seen it looks like Cameran doesn't want children but is afraid she will lose Jason if she doesn't change her mind via therapy that will get to the roots of her "fear". I'm not saying that would be wrong because I'm not in Cameran's mind or marriage, and she's probably right to seek therapy. I just hope she doesn't decide to have a baby mostly because Jason wants one and she hopes she'll be happy once it's born. IMO that's a 50-50 chance when a woman sees so few potential positives (basically none!).

Then there's the other side of things to think of and discuss with Jason. How much of the childcare and child interaction will be all on Cameran while he's busy with his career? They could hire a nanny, but maybe she doesn't want her child to be raised by a nanny. (I thought of that option and decided if I wanted a child then I should be the primary caregiver.) What if they have a disabled child, or one who becomes seriously ill at a young age? What if they have twins? Will Jason be happy with one or feel like the child needs a sibling? I wish Cameran well in this. Sounds like she made her feelings clear to Jason and now he's giving her some emotional pressure to change her mind.

Edited to add: In addition to therapy maybe she should go to friends who have children of different ages, especially women who weren't sure they wanted kids, and have honest conversations about how it changed their lives. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, RedHawk said:

And that is where, if true, Landon should simply answer the queston completely and honestly.  Either she did or she didn't and it doesn't matter, for just the reason stated.  Kathryn deserves to have her eyes opened about Thomas.  The truth is not going to change K and L's relationship, neither to improve or worsen it.  Just 'fess up and move on.

• Love 2

Landon used to work for Bolthouse Productions, which does event and party planning in LA. I wonder why Landon didn't want to do more of that in Charleston. Last season she helped Cooper with his fashion show (though I thought the space set up was really cramped) and she really seemed to enjoy planning Shep's birthday party that was really for her. This season had a number of event opportunities where she could have shown her skills with helping to plan Craig and Naomi's party, the Bourbon unveiling at the Charleston Cup, and the Founder's Ball. I wonder if she had trouble making inroads in Charleston and that has contributed to some of her dithering. I get the sense that Charleston is really insular and it might have been difficult for Landon to get her own clients or get work with existing event companies.

That said, her travel site is a mess. It should have been operational by now with no typos. She should have attempted something smaller and a little less ambitious so that she can at least get decent content up. She could improve and upgrade the website afterwards.

• Love 3

Neurochick: I've opted to stop watching this show and just enjoy everyone's comments here instead, so there may be an added gold-digger nuance from the last two eps I'm not aware of, BUT.... in general, it refers to more than someone who simply happens to marry a spouse with money or a good career. I've only heard the term in reference to someone who is predatory, in that they specifically target people with the right size bank accounts in order to exploit said bank accounts for personal gain. The person with the bank account is insignificant and expendable, in the way that a bank robber doesn't give a shit about the bank employees. Sometimes it ends up being a mutually beneficial transaction, in other cases the duggee is a sad dupe who gets taken for a ride, in other cases the digger gets played at their own game and is left with nothing.

There may not be nobility in marrying someone who is struggling financially or has fewer employment opportunities, but there's no shame in it, either! Personally, I do think there's shame in only measuring people by why their money and social status can buy for you, which is what a gold-digger does. Whether there are any gold-diggers on this show would be up for you to decide. :) Frankly, I think if all Landon cared about was money she wouldn't have left her husband, since the divorce meant she walked away with almost nothing. If she's a gold-digger she's a really bad one! But if she slept with Thomas then she's dumber than I ever imagined, because yeeeeesh he's a fucked up boozy old loser with a personal life in shambles. Surely Landon could ROAM to greener pastures on all those little vacations she takes?

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get the "gold-digger" comments.  If a woman isn't smart enough, or lucky enough to make enough money to take care of herself, and wants to make sure she, and any children she might have will be taken care of, what's the problem?  Is there nobility in marrying a "struggle man?"  Is there any nobility in marrying a homeless man? 

I mean a poor man can abuse you just as easily as a wealthy man can. 

For me, it comes down to the part in bold.  These people have all had the best in terms of opportunity and education, so for them to just la-la-la without any attempt to support themselves in favor of finding a rich man to take care of them makes me want to vomit.

If they tried to get jobs and couldn't or it wasn't enough to support themselves, or their companies kept laying them off, whatever, and tried to support themselves and failed, and then some rich guy fell in love with them, fine.  But, to refuse to get a job and just wait (or pop out babies) in the hopes some rich guy will come along..I have no respect for that.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Landon used to work for Bolthouse Productions, which does event and party planning in LA. I wonder why Landon didn't want to do more of that in Charleston. Last season she helped Cooper with his fashion show (though I thought the space set up was really cramped) and she really seemed to enjoy planning Shep's birthday party that was really for her. This season had a number of event opportunities where she could have shown her skills with helping to plan Craig and Naomi's party, the Bourbon unveiling at the Charleston Cup, and the Founder's Ball. I wonder if she had trouble making inroads in Charleston and that has contributed to some of her dithering. I get the sense that Charleston is really insular and it might have been difficult for Landon to get her own clients or get work with existing event companies.

That said, her travel site is a mess. It should have been operational by now with no typos. She should have attempted something smaller and a little less ambitious so that she can at least get decent content up. She could improve and upgrade the website afterwards.

I have wondered the same thing. She should have been the person working for JD (without the initial $15,000 "investment", although she could afford to do that as well). She could have contributed to decorating schemes for his hotel and bar, and worked the Gentry Bourbon launch event at the horse race. Why did she not try for that? Or have some on-camera input into Shep's new bar decor? If Shep could be Cameran's intern, why couldn't Landon be Shep's?

Maybe you're right that it was too difficult for her to break into the Charleston business community, but the free publicity she gets on this show should have been a huge bonus for her.

Craig's job was so obviously a setup for his return to the show (he admitted it on camera!). Working in PR would have made more sense and actually been in Landon's field, added to her resume and reputation. Her travel site is such a poor idea -- it would be so much better if she started a "Southern Charm" van tour of Charleston or something along that line. (I've heard that the "Sex and the City" tour in NYC did well for years; it may still be running.) Maybe her contract would not allow her to appear but she could be the primary investor and set up the tour route, with stops at Shep's bar(s) and a stay at JD's hotel, etc. Although perhaps the production company would owns the "rights" to something like that. 

Is it that Landon is just flakey and can't settle down to one thing, kind of like Craig? She wants to be free to "roam" so she can't have events on her calendar that might stop her from packing a bag for Aspen or L.A. on the spur of the moment? Unlike Craig, she doesn't really have a next-step possibility in the entertainment world. (I personally think it's too late for Craig's modeling dream, but a year or two ago there was at least a slim chance.)

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4
On June 21, 2016 at 1:03 PM, izabella said:

All Kathryn has to do is look at what he has actually done vs. anything he has said.  He has not moved her into his house, had to be begged and blackmailed into paying her rent on this house, and has not put a ring on it even after two babies.  If she thinks he is suddenly going to turn around and marry her, she is dumb.

He did move her into his country home, the plantation. She bitched she was too far out of town, and had to learn to cook. Then, he rented the carriage house in town when he was in the process of selling his other house, and I noticed a lot of take-out containers. She also moved into his house in season 1 once she moved her suitcase out of Whitney's. Remember that dramatic scene of her moving out, back to Monck's Corner, with the snippet at the end that she's pregnant? 

Whoever winds up married to this girl has my complete sympathy for being an idiot. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

He did move her into his country home, the plantation. She bitched she was too far out of town, and had to learn to cook. Then, he rented the carriage house in town when he was in the process of selling his other house, and I noticed a lot of take-out containers. She also moved into his house in season 1 once she moved her suitcase out of Whitney's. Remember that dramatic scene of her moving out, back to Monck's Corner, with the snippet at the end that she's pregnant? 

Whoever winds up married to this girl has my complete sympathy for being an idiot. 

I think he and Kathryn are perfect for each other.  Both train wrecks, users (of people and drugs), and low class.

• Love 9
(edited)

Here's the thing with Landon, she comes off fragile and oh so sweet, because that's how that proper little Southern girl is raised. If she slept with Thomas, she'll never admit it, because a proper little Southern girl would never admit to that publicly. She's never going to blatantly go after a guy, because a proper little Southern girl just won't do that. She also won't openly try to cause drama because a proper little Southern girl won't do that. I've known plenty of girls just like Landon growing up in the South, and I was raised to be just like her. We're raised to essentially manipulate things to have things and people come to us. You don't use your sexual prowess to go after men, that's not proper or becoming, and men don't want a woman who sleeps around. You play meek and damsel in distress and slowly reel him in, because men want to be needed. You don't openly cause conflict because that causes drama and men don't want a dramatic wife. I can read that girl from a mile away. She is as fake as the day is long. Just watch for that smirk in the scene where, Shep I think, takes her outside up to Kathryn and says just say hello and be nice. It's blink and you miss it, but it's there. She spent that evening trying to gaslight Kathryn, who happens to be an easy scapegoat cause she does drugs. Kathryn being a drug addict doesn't make Landon any less fake, though. 

Edited by NetflixandChill
  • Love 14
47 minutes ago, NetflixandChill said:

Here's the thing with Landon, she comes off fragile and oh so sweet, because that's how that proper little Southern girl is raised. If she slept with Thomas, she'll never admit it, because a proper little Southern girl would never admit to that publicly.

I guess I don't understand why Kathryn, or anyone, is entitled to that information. Sex is a private matter between or amongst the consenting parties involved. I was raised in Portland, Oregon, and I'd never discuss publicly the details of  my sex life; it's, seriously, so nobody's business. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

I guess I don't understand why Kathryn, or anyone, is entitled to that information. Sex is a private matter between or amongst the consenting parties involved. I was raised in Portland, Oregon, and I'd never discuss publicly the details of  my sex life; it's, seriously, so nobody's business. 

I'm not saying anyone's entitled to the information, but other people are saying she should just own it and then she'd have that superiority over Kathryn, since she was owning it, and I was saying she's never going to do that.

Edited by NetflixandChill
  • Love 2
(edited)

I read the premise upthread that, if Kathryn doesn't enjoy the attacks she incurs from her cast mates, she's free to leave. Well, the inverse of that is: if any of her supporting costars and/or narrative adversaries are so "disgusted" (Landon) by the "hot mess express" (Camaran) and/or Kathryn's parenting priorities (Patricia), they, too, are free to pass on renewing their contracts for next season, especially if they are Tweeting about the fear they harbor for their personal physical safety.

For all of the aspersions that Pat, Landon, Whitney, and Cameran cast on Kathryn's instability, volatility, undecorousness, etc., the sole individual in the cast who unimpeachably conducted herself with "class" is Danni (and maybe Elizabeth). Just as it is a breach of etiquette in and of itself to highlight the lack of manners in others, so, too, is it a reflection of poor breeding and gracelessness to sit around cackling about the sexuality, mental health, and provincialness of "trash" with whom one doesn't get alone.

I don't know if Landon is intelligent or not. From what I've viewed of the footage in which she's appeared over the past two years, however, I feel comfortable concluding that she's spoiled, lazy, and hypocritical. If she wants to play the proverbial poor little rich girl and wax tearful about how living in a gorgeous apartment and playing dilettante is "the hardest thing she's ever had to do" and so taxing that she just "cries in bed" rather than getting out of it in the morning, that's her prerogative. But when one giggles about a woman over a decade her junior and declares that said foe only boasts talents "on her back," one should probably have some sort of gainful occupation and/or accomplishments rather than a failed marriage and a, um, website prototype that one threw together in Microsoft Word (buy a template-pass for WordPress or SquareSpace!).

One should also probably not trip over oneself to defend the coke-fueled rampages of the man who has portrayed you on national television as blowjob queen to be passed off to friends if one is going to declare that other women are the sum of their sexual talents.

Didn't Thomas just run a campaign for federal office on a platform of decriminalizing all drug use? But now it's suddenly bad to recreationally use controlled substances and/or fuck drug dealers? He was convicted and sent to prison for trafficking cocaine himself!

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 14
(edited)
11 hours ago, imjagain said:

31 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

I have issues on the Bravo shows, when some Screaming Mimi is demanding someone "own up" to sleeping with someone when it is clearly none of their business and then calls the person a liar for denying the same and being ethically impaired.  It would also be the same person who then gets their panties in a bunch over be accused of slut-shaming. The rudeness occurs in the asking.

I like Craig, but I always thought it was tacky of him to mention Kathryn had slept with three men at the table in a period of two weeks. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4
(edited)

So Landon came after Kathryn´s sloppy, sloppy seconds... That says it all.

After the "horror dinner" Shep made some joke and Landon was falling all over herself fake-laughing, she is so sad.

Craig and Naomi are so young and sweet looking, while Patricia and Whitney are the dark overlords from an old ghostly folk story.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, scrb said:

Well some Southern girls are not shy about their sexual adventures.

See Party Down South.

"Proper Southern Girls" and white trash are not the same thing. At least, not on the surface. What is supposed to be proper and acceptable vs what actually happens is what this fight between Kathryn and Landon is all about. Kathryn (white trash) is angry all the time bc so much of the cast participates in the same behavior that she does (promiscuity, drug use) but they lie and hide it while openly chastising her for it. Kathryn knows Landon slept with TRav and is calling her out on her hypocrisy.

Kathryn is messy but she's honest and real and I would take that any day over the fakeness and meanness of the other woman on the show. With Kathryn what you see is what you get while the other women would gossip viciously behind your back while being nice to your face. That's what TRav was attempting to articulate during his dinner party. He was also attempting to point out the hypocrisy in most of cast members where they often demean Kathryn regarding behaviors they participate in themselves.

Again, the show is about the class system and supposed manners vs what's beneath the surface.   The real issue the cast members have with Kathryn is that she calls some of them on their bullshit, and they are horrified by that because they're so desperate to keep up appearances. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get the Landon hate because she's not smart.  Not everybody can be smart.  Like Wendy Williams said, "not everybody can get into Harvard."  To me that's no reason to hate anybody.

I guess Landon fans share some of her most obvious traits then, but those are not worthy of hate, far from it. To clarify, I think Landon is disgusting because she doesn´t have compassion, she´s a liar, greedy and a total fake. And there are literally thousands of more charming and prettier girls in Shep´s orbit than her.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, NetflixandChill said:

She spent that evening trying to gaslight Kathryn, who happens to be an easy scapegoat cause she does drugs. Kathryn being a drug addict doesn't make Landon any less fake, though. 

Yes, but I'd rather deal with fake than a junkie.

35 minutes ago, halkatla said:

I guess Landon fans share some of her most obvious traits then, but those are not worthy of hate, far from it. To clarify, I think Landon is disgusting because she doesn´t have compassion, she´s a liar, greedy and a total fake. And there are literally thousands of more charming and prettier girls in Shep´s orbit than her.

So because I, and others like Landon that means we don't have compassion?  Okay.  I guess people who love Kathryn are drug addicts too.

• Love 5

I think the biggest problem is that Landon is a drama queen. She is telling Kathryn "No, we didn't have sex" over and over, when Kathryn knows they did. This is what is driving Kathryn crazy and why she is furious. If Landon was a non drama queen, she could have said, "My sex life is none of your business and I'm not discussing it with you." But because Landon is lying, she is making the drama. I think that Landon likes that Thomas is keeping this "secret" or protecting her, and not Kathryn. I think Landon likes it A LOT. 

• Love 13