Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Founder's Brawl

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Thank you!! So many people put Patricia and Kathryn in the same box, and Patricia is so far ahead of her it's ridiculous. Kathryn has no idea what she's doing, in any aspect of her life. This show is only going to harm her attempts to marry well. It ain't happening!

Gee wiz, a seventy something years old woman ahead of one in her twenties, who would have thunk????

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Yes, Shep either was truly surprised or did a great acting job. That reaction plus the spit-take when Landon confessed her love earned him the SoCharm Best Actor in my awards book. 

But yeah, so what if Thomas and Landon got their freak on? Both are and were single, and neither pledged Kathryn fidelity. If Kathryn is angry about it, she should be angry with Thomas.

Yep, Shep is full of wins this season. 

I think Kathryn is pissed because they both denied that this happened and are working their hardest to minimize her feelings which are legitimate, imo.

Do those morons really need to fuck everyone and anyone in their small circle????

Branch out, people!

• Love 13

At the end the comment by Robyn-was she claiming Thomas and Landon slept together or giving a reason for the discussion?  I thought the way it was edited left the viewers believing it was a declaration instead of an explanation.  I guess we will see next week.

I understand Thomas placating Kathryn and believe if Kathryn did some soul searching she would come to the realization she doesn't love Thomas and really doesn't want to be a stay at home mom waiting on Thomas to return at night.  I shake my head when she rambles on about his cheating.  I have been under the impression their time together has been limited and Kathryn is looking for financial security.  Another season ender like last night and she may be without a job  next year.  She just can't keep screaming and stomping off.  Good luck to her and her children they will need it.

• Love 12
(edited)

I hope we are done with Cameran's fake therapy. I expect during the off season we'll hear she's happily pregnant, having been "cured" of her fears and will settle down and be a good Southern mommy. And since all mommies must like other mommies, because they have mommyhood in common, she and Kathryn will become best friends. Maybe Kathryn will give her that hideous acrylic crib.

Even though Craig is so thirsty for a career that allows him to preen for the cameras and show off his fashion sense, I enjoy watching him and Naomie. After he PASSES THE BAR maybe Bravo can create a "Judge Judy" show for him that would appeal to the millennial set. Half of the hour court cases, first up Ravenel v Dennis, and the second half he and Naomie jetting around the world being fabulous and offering tips on art, food, fashion, and art. Bite it, Landon. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 13

This is one of the best shows on BRAVO; much more fun than the tired housewives.  So glad they are finally getting a multi-part Reunion - and out of the Clubhouse.  They ended the season in true soap opera style - with a cliff hanger.  The ratings have been good.

Whitney's disdain of Kathryn has more to do with jealousy.  He probably expected the show to be a show case for him.  But not only has Thomas/Kathryn hijacked it from him, the supporting cast - Patricia, JD have gotten more screen time than stone face Whitney.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Gee wiz, a seventy something years old woman ahead of one in her twenties, who would have thunk????

They should not be compared at all but Cooper and Kathryn fans who insist on it when there are absolutely no similarities. Posters keep saying Patricia never worked for anything but that just isn't true. She made a good life for herself on her own and I find the comparisons to Kathryn or calling her a gold digger insulting.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They should not be compared at all but Cooper and Kathryn fans who insist on it when there are absolutely no similarities. Posters keep saying Patricia never worked for anything but that just isn't true. She made a good life for herself on her own and I find the comparisons to Kathryn or calling her a gold digger insulting.

I was unaware of Patricia's career. Did she discuss it on the show?

While I am in awe of her deliciously campy lifestyle, Patricia does not read to me as someone who is kind toward others.

Kathryn is so inexperienced and is so over matched by Ravenel, she does not need Patricia to feel like shit about herself.

Girl is drowning already, it is unbecoming of Patricia to mock her, imo.

Why is she so bitter in your opinion?

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

While I am in awe of her deliciously campy lifestyle, Patricia does not read to me as someone who is kind toward others.

Kathryn is so inexperienced and is so over matched by Ravenel, she does not need Patricia to feel like shit about herself.

(edited)
59 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Yes, Shep either was truly surprised or did a great acting job. That reaction plus the spit-take when Landon confessed her love earned him the SoCharm Best Actor in my awards book. 

But yeah, so what if Thomas and Landon got their freak on? Both are and were single, and neither pledged Kathryn fidelity. If Kathryn is angry about it, she should be angry with Thomas.

Shep's spit-take is still the highlight of the season for me.

Agree that it's really none of Kathryn's business if Landon and Thomas hooked up. Kathryn acts like Landon intentionally sabotaged her relationship with Thomas. The only relationship Kathryn has with Thomas is as co-parent to their children. They have no other commitment to each other beyond that. It's on Thomas for not making that clear. I think all Thomas wants is to amicably co-parent their children with Kathryn. But Kathryn wants a ring on her finger so he strings her along making her think that is a possibility to keep on good terms with her. I think it's wrong of Thomas to do that, but I understand why he does, because Kathryn goes bat shit crazy when she starts to think that Thomas is never going to commit to her.

2 hours ago, imjagain said:

So Kathryn and Thomas were "together"  from the non dinner from hell to the founders ball? Kathryn said something like be thankful you have a gorgeous girlfriend.

Yeah, in the limo Kathryn said Thomas had a gorgeous girlfriend and great looking tuxedo; to which Thomas replied that his tux looked great. No comment on the girlfriend.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

No but Patricia's bio is easily googlable.

I can never see Kathryn as some inexperienced fool. She wasn't cast for the show but got on it because she had sex with three dudes in the cast and had first a pregnancy scare, than two kids with Thomas. i am not shaming her that is literally what happened and I am one of the few that think she and Craig didn't have sex when they "got lost" on a tiny island.

• Love 9

What in the hell was that gold lame' stuff Kathryn was wearing on her hands? I can't believe old fart Thomas would approve of going out in public with her looking like that.  I swear when she gets all dressed up for these functions she looks like a cartoon character. She needs a stylist, stat!  She could be absolutely stand out breathtaking if she had professional people to do her from head to toe when she goes out to these functions.  Stop trying to do it yourself, Kath.  

Naomi needs to wake up and realize Craig is never going to be anything. Except a BS artist. Even if he does pass the bar, I don't see him putting in the time as a new lawyer working hard for his future. Just not gonna happen. 

Why is Patricia always filmed sitting or laying down? Does she have health issues? Too drunk to stand up? It's weird how little she moves. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What in the hell was that gold lame' stuff Kathryn was wearing on her hands? I can't believe old fart Thomas would approve of going out in public with her looking like that.  I swear when she gets all dressed up for these functions she looks like a cartoon character. She needs a stylist, stat!  She could be absolutely stand out breathtaking if she had professional people to do her from head to toe when she goes out to these functions.  Stop trying to do it yourself, Kath.  

Naomi needs to wake up and realize Craig is never going to be anything. Except a BS artist. Even if he does pass the bar, I don't see him putting in the time as a new lawyer working hard for his future. Just not gonna happen. 

Why is Patricia always filmed sitting or laying down? Does she have health issues? Too drunk to stand up? It's weird how little she moves. 

She wore them on WWHL once,  Andy  went on and on about how cool they were.  

I thought they looked incredibly stupid, some kind of fingerless  gloves/ hand decoration. Lol,  Kathryn must think  it's her signature look. 

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, imjagain said:

I thought they looked incredibly stupid, some kind of fingerless  gloves/ hand decoration. Lol,  Kathryn must think  it's her signature look. 

Which she stole fron that girl Jenna King in S1  (anybody remember her? she's on Twitter) just like she stole Jenna's role!

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Which she stole fron that girl Jenna in S1  (anybody remember her? She's on Twitter) just like she stole Jenna's role!

Ha!  I actually forgot about her.

9 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

How can Kathryn possibly get a good storyline or edit on this show when Creepy Whitney is an executive producer?   He makes sure Mommy gets more than her share of camera time.

Kathryn has the storyline she wants imo.  She is as people keep reminding us, the centerpiece of the show.  What other story can she tell.  Her life seems to be about Thomas and the messed up relationship they have.  It's the story she tells on Twitter.  

Can people be edited to look bad,  of course but Kathryn is the one giving them all the footage.  Thomas and Kathryn both need to get off TV, they just both sucks so much. I have a feeling neither are going anywhere.  Whitney as executive producer or not. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Agree.  Craig is just flat out never going to become a successful lawyer.  Dead horse, but he's just so whiny.  Whining and entitled affectations do not win in the court of law or public opinion.  Naomie needs to cut bait.  Maybe she'll meet someone in graduate school, someone who is actually making something of his life.  I hope so.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Maybe she got them from that girl, Jenna, that was on in Season One?  I recall she wore a lot of those kind of gloves, and I think she was supposedly starting some kind of business designing them?  

I agree - they looked totally ridiculous, especially with her matronly-looking ball gown.  I get that she was trying to hide some post-baby weight, and the dress was nice, but it looked matronly on her, and it was very conservative.  If she had been wearing something more edgy, maybe those gloves would have been appropriate, but not with that dress!

I thought it was funny when they were showing all of the cast getting ready for the ball, they showed a clip of Kathryn pulling those gold gloves on and I immediately thought of a Rocky movie, kind of like she was putting on her boxing gloves, prepping for a fight (I guess that's what the producers where going for).

On another fashion note, I thought that Naomi looked absolutely stunning.  

18 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Which she stole fron that girl Jenna in S1  (anybody remember her? She's on Twitter) just like she stole Jenna's role!

Ha-ha....I just replied pretty much the same thing!   ;-)  

• Love 5

Why wasn't Miss Patricia at the ball? Not important enough? Was she doing product placement for that H2o thing? It sounded like a commercial "I'm just lying here enjoying my NEW WONDERFUL RELAXING oxygen. Look it has ambient sounds! Would you like one for a gift!" Ugh

And speaking of Miss Pat---Leave Kathryn alone you old bat. It's not becoming for an older woman to go all scorched earth on a young pregnant woman. Bet if it had been Whitneys baby it would have been a different story! 

Trav was coked to the GILLS at that party. Trust and believe. There was surely alcohol to aid him along but he was stoned out of his gourd.

Can't wait till next season......Minus Landon please. Dolphin giggles has to GO. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

No but Patricia's bio is easily googlable.

I can never see Kathryn as some inexperienced fool. She wasn't cast for the show but got on it because she had sex with three dudes in the cast and had first a pregnancy scare, than two kids with Thomas. i am not shaming her that is literally what happened and I am one of the few that think she and Craig didn't have sex when they "got lost" on a tiny island.

well, in that case, perhaps instead of teaching Landon how  to seduce/trap Shep, Patricia might want to show that clueless and shrill girl how to make it in business.

Kathryn is so foolish in her attempt in turning Tomas into partner material, it is sad. He will never be anything than an old drunk cruising on his famed family name plus he is also cheap as hell.

ls he really part of the Elite in Charleston?

I agree with you all about Craig but he sure is pretty to look at.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 6
Spoiler

12 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

I get that the majority of Bravo's offerings are for viewers to revel in judging fake-rich, really horrible people. But this finale was dark; the whole season has been.

I think this was probably my last episode. I think the fact that Whitney is a producer makes this whole thing extra sleazy. Bravo shouldn't have picked up a show like that -- it kills part of the spirit of these kinds of shows. Kathryn's far from a saint, but the way all these older vapid assholes blithely ignore Thomas's glaring defects and dependencies while slut-shaming and condescending this woman, I can't stomach it anymore. It feels like everyone but Kathryn is controlling the edit, and the show isn't at all self-aware of the sliminess of its men. My skin crawls whenever Whitney, Thomas, or JD are onscreen. I guarantee the reunion will be more of raking Kathryn over the coals, which is sounds like she really doesn't need right now. I'm no fan of hers, but she seems pretty broken, and getting painted as a villain by your costar who you once slept with and can basically control your edit has to be hell.

I think it's perfect that Landon finds Patricia so aspirational. Being a petty, vapid divorcee isn't much of a leap for her, after all....maybe the second time around she can find a wealthy, prenup-adverse chap. 

Great, insightful  points--AND and getting painted as a villain by your costar who you once slept with and can basically control your edit has to be hell. --Especially when you ran straight from your costar's coffin into the bed of TRav, South Carolina "royalty" AND a middle-aged contemporary whom Whitney the Ghoul thinks is SO much lamer and uncool than himself! Heeee! 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Except for the fact that another poster said Patricia traveled to India recently and posted about it on Instagram, I'd say that she does have health issues and can't travel very far. Andy on WWHL said he's been trying to get her on the show but it hasn't worked out. She'd be able to fly 1st class to NYC and Bravo would no doubt give her car service and a fine hotel, so not sure why she hasn't made the trip. Perhaps her mobility issues have gotten worse?

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kathryn is not some poor delicate flower who is shaking at the idea of Whitney painting her in a bad light.  Let us all remember Kathryn going off on Whitney (executive producer) last season.  And returning this season,  knowing who  the executive producer is.  Sorry,  I'm not buying the big bad wolf Whitney (not that Whitney isn't an ass)  to little damsel in distress Kathryn. Kathryn  holds her own. She's not new,  if she cared about her edit she could leave the show. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, imjagain said:

Who cares if Landon slept with grody old Thomas,  is there a rule against it?  They were both single.   If Landon says she hasn't,  maybe she hasn't.  The whole discussion is ridiculous. 

I agree with this.  Kathryn is a baby mama.  If Landon was like Evelyn Lozada, from Basketball Wives, Kathryn would not have gotten in Landon's face.  Evelyn Lozada would have told Kathryn that she's a "non motherfucking factor." 

There is something I don't understand; is Kathryn immune to any type of criticism because she's young and had two children?  No older person, and certainly no older man can say anything bad about her because she's a) young and b) has two children?  I disagree, Kathryn is a fool.  I hope she realizes that it's Thomas who is the cause of her acting like a fool, that Thomas lies to her; he tells her one thing and Landon and other women, another.  Her anger needs to be directed at Thomas and only Thomas.  Landon is not her friend, she owes her nothing; maybe in a perfect world, Landon should owe her something, but we live in the real world.  Landon is a fool for even wanting Thomas, but different strokes, I guess.  Shep had it right, Thomas is the one who should talk to Landon, tell her to back off, NOT Kathryn. 

The thing is, the others will ALWAYS back Thomas, because they knew Thomas before they knew Kathryn.  Friends tend to back up friends even if they're dead wrong, just the way life is. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Kathryn sees herself as the STAAAH of this show, and if she has to amp up the crazy-angry outbursts to maintain her position, I'm sure she will. In the beginning we saw her set out to get on the show and get herself a rich man. Even before, she was trying to make herself a model or famous in some way. Wilting Southern flower who has been used and abused? She allowed herself to be filmed getting out of Thomas' bed after what was basically labeled a one-night stand very soon after they first met. How is Thomas alone responsible for that or her general reputation? 

I do think some of her seeming mental-health issues stem from pregnancy and disappointed hopes and jealousy and immaturity. Oh, and drugs and alcohol. So in the end I hope she eventually grows up and cleans up, and makes something of her life. She and Craig are very similar, except Craig landed a rich girlfriend who he seems to mesh well with. I would so prefer S4 of Southern Charm to be more focused on Craig and Naomie (if you have to have some "lead couple") and nothing more about T-Rav and Kiki. Bring on a few new folks as well, please Bravo!

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I always need to point out that Patricia didn't marry a wealthy man until she was in her mid fifties, married Whitney's dad at twenty when he was 22/23 and not wealthy. Her wealth came not from her second husband (who had a famous uncle) her third husband which she married in her mid 50s and he was very wealthy. She met Fleming and Auetschul because she was a successful art dealer selling them artt!

Hold up! So why is her ghoulish son always actin' more aristocratic than Lord Grantham? Okay, this explains A LOT. Whitney has always looked liked poor white trash trying to act wealthy. Now it makes sense.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Hold up! So why is her ghoulish son always actin' more aristocratic than Lord Grantham? Okay, this explains A LOT. Whitney has always looked liked poor white trash trying to act wealthy. Now it makes sense.

I don't think that Whitney grew up poor. The second husband had some money and many connections and I believe Whitney got a good private school education plus there was a lot of travel and such. Plus, his mother owned an art gallery in NYC. Not at all poor white trash.

• Love 5

I think if Craig doesn't take the Bar soon, Naomi will move on.  I doubt Craig will ever be a lawyer.  He wants to be called a lawyer but he doesn't want to put in the work.  Naomi seems like a go-getter and, in my opinion, will tire of lazy ass Craig. Now that he's quit his job, Naomi will see the real Craig, which was the Craig of last season.  Poseur.

• Love 5

Thomas really makes her look pathetic with all his double-dealing. He even said in a TH that he placates her. Kathryn thinks that if she just keeps every woman in the world away from him, he'll marry her.

• Love 11

Yeah, Kathryn needs to understand that it's not Landon or Whitney or anyone else that is preventing Thomas from being with her.  Thomas simply doesn't want to marry her, period, and he mostly doesn't want to be around her, either, except when he might be feeling like another ONS or two with her.

• Love 11

Landon is just awful.  She is not "the whole package," not even remotely. Get a job, lady and maybe i'll consider you "a catch." I'm not going to say Kathryn is a saint but I will say that Thomas certainly isn't helping the situation by constantly lying to her about their relationship and his relationship to other cast members and then being surprised when she freaks out about it. We saw him agree with Kathryn that he should cut Landon out of his life but then we heard his message to Landon basically being like "this is the shit I have to deal with the rest of my life because I knocked up psycho!" We've seen Landon say she's "done nothing" to Kathryn but she has done things if you count Shep's party and oh sleeping with Thomas. She can sleep with whoever she wants but when you hop on the bandwagon to lie to a person who is already mentally unbalanced, I'd say that counts as doing something to her. She and Thomas are perpetuating the crazy making. Kathryn obviously believes that her relationship with Thomas is more than it is and that's because he's telling her it is and then denying it to everyone who will listen. She's crazy doesn't get to be the excuse to further mess with her head. He may not have referred to her as his girlfriend but he intimated he wanted her and the kids living with him so he's clearly leading her on to some extent. Thomas is officially the worst. 

• Love 12

All Kathryn has to do is look at what he has actually done vs. anything he has said.  He has not moved her into his house, had to be begged and blackmailed into paying her rent on this house, and has not put a ring on it even after two babies.  If she thinks he is suddenly going to turn around and marry her, she is dumb.

• Love 11
(edited)
4 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

We saw him agree with Kathryn that he should cut Landon out of his life but then we heard his message to Landon basically being like "this is the shit I have to deal with the rest of my life because I knocked up psycho!" We've seen Landon say she's "done nothing" to Kathryn but she has done things if you count Shep's party and oh sleeping with Thomas. She can sleep with whoever she wants but when you hop on the bandwagon to lie to a person who is already mentally unbalanced, I'd say that counts as doing something to her.

I don't agree because this sounds like Kathryn is a poor little Southern Belle, who everybody's mean to and everybody does things to and she's just a 100% victim, with a capital V.  To me, Kathryn is 100% responsible for her own actions.  She didn't have to confront Landon, she chose to do that.  The only thing Kathryn is responsible for are her own actions.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10

I kinda love how Patricia parlayed this little gig into a money- and fame-maker for herself. And yes, I'm sure she gets out of many things the others are contractually obligated to attend, which is even more awesome of her. Gal knows her way around a contract, most likely, and with Whitney there to back her up, she's laughing all the way to the bank.

• Love 3

Oh Good God…..

According to Wikipedia, Patricia married Whitney's father in 1962.  Whitney was born in '68. Parents divorced in 1979, when Whitney was about 11 . Pat married his first step-dad a doctor (psychiatrist) and entrepreneur -- who founded several practices in D.C. -- in 1989 when Whitney was about 21. They divorced in  1995 so Whitney was about 27.  She married Altschul her last husband in 1996, Whitney was about 28. They were married until Altschul died in 2002.

According to the website http://okhereisthesituation.com Whitney's father was a banker, banking advisor, and VP and Morgan Stanley. AND he's still alive. The way he's never mentioned I thought the man was dead.

So I think it IS fair to say Patricia married well even the first time, and she married UP each and every time. Golddigger? That's for each person to decide. But she herself says she has a skill for getting the attention of the right kind of man (whatever that is) .

WHY Whitney never mentions his father, only he knows. His parents divorced when he was about 11, and who knows if the relationship deteriorated before that -- and what kind of tensions young Whitney was exposed to. Who knows what he was told about the break up, and how his parents may have talked about each other. IF he didn't spend much time with his dad after age 11, he would have certainly been more exposed to Pat's side of the story than his dad's. Plus, being an only child who knows how lonely he might have been.

Now, to bring this back to the season finale….it was yet another episode where both Whitney and Patricia came off as rich elitists who think they're better than other people. When of course they're really not.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

And speaking of Miss Pat---Leave Kathryn alone you old bat. It's not becoming for an older woman to go all scorched earth on a young pregnant woman. Bet if it had been Whitneys baby it would have been a different story! 

HEY, I'm an old bat and I'll go scorched earth on ANYONE, but then I don't have a caftan and a butler and aspire to be fancy Southern aristocracy.

• Love 4

I'll be the lone person over here that doesn't have a problem with Landon. Sure she's ditzy and needs to figure out how to work a real job but for the most part she's pretty inoffensive. If she did sleep with Thomas she's an even bigger idiot that she presents herself on the show already. Anyone with half a brain would never get in the middle of the Thomas and Kathryn drama. But in the grand scheme of things Landon just doesn't bother me.

Kathryn is just a damn idiot. Her arguments make no sense, her put downs are juvenile at best and she looks like a damn fool. The night of the dinner party at Thomas' house he asked her the stay the night with him. You know she did. Damn fool! Go the hell home. You're both drunk and you are the one that is going to be heartbroken not him. Tell him to keep it in his pants and GO HOME! Try having some class and tell him you need to date each other first, something, anything, make him prove he is worthy of taking that next step with you again. She's just a damn fool and I have no pity for her. After one pregnancy scare you should know better, let alone two kids.

I loved how at the party she was saying how she didn't have time for the drama, she's a mother of two kids, etc. Previously they showed a clip of Kathryn sitting on the couch playing on the phone while the nanny taught Kensie about the letter K. Now, it just so happens my youngest is napping and my older two are playing in the sandbox right now-no nanny (which is why I have a free moment to post) I know how busy it is to be a mother-Kathryn has no fucking idea.

• Love 18

I am completely mystified as to why anyone would be fighting over "ownership" of a drunken, pontificating buffoon who still thinks white jeans are the height of fashion.  If you have an answer, please enlighten me.

If Kathryn and Thomas were no longer seeing each other/dating/boning/exclusive, it's really none of her business who he screws around with.  Maybe Landon bothers her so much because Landon is in their circle of friends.  Still though, Kathryn got chummy with Jennifer and Thomas cheated on her with Jennifer.

If I was Landon, I wouldn't want anyone to know I had given him a Lewinski or anything else.  That would be far more mortifying than admitting love to Shep and Shep's spit take.

Robin/Robyn is a pretty shitty friend to Landon for potentially spilling the Landon/Thomas beans to Shep and on air.  Thirsty, much?

Kathryn desperately needs a new stylist.  She's like a cross between Jessica Rabbit and Cruella DeVille.  

Seeing Our Lady of the Caftans hooked up to her oxygen machine or whatever it is gave me a fit of giggles.  Of course the Lord of Darkness will get one for Christmas.  Maybe they make a travel size that will fit into his coffin.

Is it just me or does Cameran look exactly the same at all these events?  

Landon's dress was nice and I like purple but I do think it looks like she skinned Barney on her way to the event. 

Dani and Naomie were the only relatively normal people this episode.

• Love 15

Cameran does seem the same at every event. Normal conservative pretty girl, nothing that stands out. Then again, if standing out means looking like Kathryn, I'll take invisible!

• Love 5

I wouldn't call it a brawl but more like Kathryn stomping around dramatically.

Thomas is forever stuck in 1985 with the dress, mentality and oh so witty sayings (Man in the Mirror really?!).  Men who had money for generations look and act just like Thomas and think they are the hippest things ever.  I unfortunately saw all that growing up in Harbor Springs MI when the rich tourists were there every summer.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I don't think that Whitney grew up poor. The second husband had some money and many connections and I believe Whitney got a good private school education plus there was a lot of travel and such. Plus, his mother owned an art gallery in NYC. Not at all poor white trash.

No, no...by "poor white trash," I don't mean an impoverished urban kid who attended a school featured in a Jonathan Kozol book. I meant that he has a lot of white trash characteristics, some of which include: overly snobbish, pretending to be better than others, looking down his nose on people, easily intimidated, etc. I should have just said, plain "white trash." He certainly wasn't 'to the manor born.' 

• Love 2
(edited)

Now that I'm getting over my PTSD brought on my Kathryn's behavior at the ball, I can go back and enjoy re-watching all the other things that happened in the episode.

I like that we picked up right where the previous episode left off -- with Thomas still ranting about the "pussies" who left while his remaining "non-pussy" guests sat there wondering if he was going to feed them or not. Kathryn was curled up on the floor at the coffee table chowing on the cheese plate because she knew the "dinner" part of the evening was never gonna happen. I guess everyone gave up when they saw the hired help clearing off the unused plates. Nice shot of those salmon and beef filets waiting to be broiled, cameramen, I hope you got to eat them as a reward for catching all that awesome footage, especially the many reaction shots from the guests.

Then we see the "pussies" who escaped via golf cart troop into Landon's house. She offers to order pizza as they discuss the no-dinner dinner. Ever-practical Shep is appalled that all that food went to waste and the general consensus is that Thomas didn't plan a dinner, he planned "an attack", and darn it, where's that pizza because we're hungry! Landon starts to talk about Kathryn and Shep calls her out on her part in the "threesome", so I hope that Landon's takeaway is: Shep is not into you and never will be, no matter how many of Patricia's purple furs you wear.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I don't agree because this sounds like Kathryn is a poor little Southern Belle, who everybody's mean to and everybody does things to and she's just a 100% victim, with a capital V.  To me, Kathryn is 100% responsible for her own actions.  She didn't have to confront Landon, she chose to do that.  The only thing Kathryn is responsible for are her own actions.

I actually never said that. She plays victim card for sure but that doesn't mean that wasn't victimized at all.  All I'm saying is you don't poke the angry bear and expect it not to get mad. Her not taking personal responsibility doesn't mean she's not being manipulated and lied to. They all need to grow up and step away from each other     

• Love 5
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I always need to point out that Patricia didn't marry a wealthy man until she was in her mid fifties, married Whitney's dad at twenty when he was 22/23 and not wealthy. Her wealth came not from her second husband (who had a famous uncle) her third husband which she married in her mid 50s and he was very wealthy. She met Fleming and Auetschul because she was a successful art dealer selling them artt!

Yet for some reason people seem to ignore/reject that fact. I am as annoyed by that as I imagine you must be.

I do not care for Kathryn but I must agree with her that Landon sounds like a dolphin. And was she really on The Hills? I don't recall that.

Poor Naomi (sorry, can't remember the French spelling). Craig is going to be one big disappointment because dude does not want to work. Also agree with Cameron about Thomas's critique of Craig. He needs to stop trying to be something he's not.

I can't hate JD for touting Gentry and any other business he owns. That's why he's on the damn show -- to make his already successful brand even more so.

• Love 4

Hey, Landon - no matter how much you whine and cry, Shep will never fall in love with you.  Whining to him that he will eventually wind up as someone in his 50's, and then marrying a young girl just to have kids was so off the mark.

Shep is enjoying his life, and he realizes and is okay with the fact that he is a commitment-phobe.  Shep will change his tune only when he meets the girl that will knock his socks off (when Shep does wear socks, which I don't think is often).  

First of all, I don't think that Shep would be able to handle Landon's whiny voice and dolphin laugh for more than about one week.  Plus, I think that Landon would annoy the hell out of Shep's Mom, who seems like a very nice lady.  

Next season, I think we will see Landon making a play for Whitney, because she is just that desperate.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, politichick said:

Yet for some reason people seem to ignore/reject that fact. I am as annoyed by that as I imagine you must be.

I do not care for Kathryn but I must agree with her that Landon sounds like a dolphin. And was she really on The Hills? I don't recall that.

Poor Naomi (sorry, can't remember the French spelling). Craig is going to be one big disappointment because dude does not want to work. Also agree with Cameron about Thomas's critique of Craig. He needs to stop trying to be something he's not.

I can't hate JD for touting Gentry and any other business he owns. That's why he's on the damn show -- to make his already successful brand even more so.

Landon was on so briefly that it's easy to forget - she worked with Heidi at Bolthouse; she was the other assistant.

• Love 3

Glad they finally dumped the dopey fake storyline with Craigie-poo "working" for JD.  Ugh, that was so unbelievably dumb.  Paying him 15 thou was a real smart move, Craigie-poo.

Hey look, I don't really give a fuck whether he takes the bar or not, I just want them to keep him around cuz he's still adorbs.  And there ain't much else on this show as far as man candy to enjoy.  Well, at least Horseteeth finally got a haircut.  But he still looked like shit, like he'd been sleeping all day.  Ew.

OK, so Pats was not to the manor born.  So why the heck does Whit always act like he was?   Wonder where his dough comes from -- or is he just another poser too?  And why does Count Chocula always speak like he's got a mouth full of potatoes?  Weird, weird dude.

Seriously, how could Kathryn possibly not know Thom-ass's rep (as a louse with women)?  Especially in a teeny town like Charleston, where everybody probably knows every fart everyone has ever farted.  Sheesh, yet another thing that makes no sense to this Kathryn-goes-on-a-jealous-rampage fakety-fake storyline thrown at us.

• Love 5