Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Founder's Brawl

• Start Topic

(edited)

Thomas is paying for her attorney fees, she's fired 4 of them that he's paid to help her work things out. No way he has the entire legal community of Charleston in his pocket. Nor does he have a "fix" in with the drug testing company. She's highly paranoid, which is why she freaks out anytime she sees a photo of Thomas standing next to another woman. I'll be attending a wedding where he will also be a guest, you can be sure I won't be posting photos. Anywhere. 

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 4

I'm starting to get the feeling this show is over, and not because of Kathryn's demise. They can roust up a new woman for Thomas to film with, but this season has mostly been lackluster and boring. For me, anyway.

I dunno ... I found it more interesting than RHoBH and RHoOC. If I hear the word Munnschausen's ONE MORE TIME, I will throw my lemon cleanse at the TV.  Ditto for people's cancer tests, fake cancer tests, fake baptisms etc.  At least with SC, you get a lot of house bling, lavish parties and a real-life butler.

I'll be attending a wedding where he will also be a guest, you can be sure I won't be posting photos. Anywhere. 

Say what?  Not even here?!  I hope you can at least provide details!!!!

• Love 6
On 6/25/2016 at 8:34 AM, zoeysmom said:

His drug test was clean, hers was not.  His conviction was before the children were ever conceived.  I believe Kathryn is entirely fit to care for her children with the assistance of nannies, where she is lacking is ensuring visitation/shared custody is honored with the children's father.   Hopefully, with the court order she will see where depriving her children of contact with their father is not in their best interest. 

They definitely need some fresh characters.  The male side of the cast card is pretty strong, they will have to beef up the female roles.

The problem with Kathryn is that refusing to allow Thomas to see their kids served her best interests and that's where her thought process starts and stops. He's no saint but withholding visitation because he doesn't pay enough child support is petty on her part. She can't expect take advantage of a law that gives her full custody and a stronghold on the decisions as it relates to their children but then not expect that he take advantage of a low that says he is not responsible for providing a sum of money to her as it suits her fancy. It's give and take and regardless if Thomas doesn't want to be the dad that's around for the hard stuff (late night crying, feeding, bath time, etc.) if he wants to his children and forge a bond with them, let him.

• Love 3
On 6/26/2016 at 2:27 AM, biakbiak said:

I don't feel bad. The only reason she is on the show is because she wanted to be and inserted herself by sleeping with three dudes on the show in the first few weeks of filming. She wasnt cast by her own omission. I don't think that she is in any way naive and she wanted to be on the show and is trying to have her moments. She and Thomas are the worst because they were being ridiculous and over the top before they had kids and have continued to be dramatic and thats on them. Both of them have gone crazy sauce with no one doing anything to either of them.

Oh, believe me - I cannot stand the girl, but it feels a little bit like they're baiting the village idiot and filming her overreactions to everything under the guise of "entertainment".  I honestly do believe she's a little off mentally.  Maybe it's just bad acting, though.  

I don't believe that this show, whose pathetic plot lines revolve around two people who are either stupid crazy or crazy stupid (or both) has a bright future.  The few light and funny moments just don't outweigh the annoying, less than believable scrapfests anymore.  My opinion, of course.  

• Love 5

Why is T-rav schtooping Landon such a surprise to most of you? Midway through the season when he introduced/ tried to set up pony tail boy with her at his house before a night out gave it all away. The way he described her to ponytail boy was guy talk for I banged her, she's yours tonight if you play your cards right. There was no doubt after that scene that they had a past. Then all the pics of the two in paris and you still thought nothing happened?? Get real kids.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/27/2016 at 8:05 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Thomas ran into Landon in London, not Paris.

And if $5,100 a month isn't enough money for child support for two kids, someone somewhere is spending money on something other than her kids. 

He's paying something like 3100, but also the salaries of 2 full time nannies.

I read that Kathryn provided head hair and body hair.  You can apparently clean out head hair with detox shampoo, but body hair is much harder to do that with.  Thomas only provided head hair and refused to provide body hair.  Take from that what you will.  

http://www.inquisitr.com/3250308/is-there-more-drug-test-info-on-southern-charm-custody-battle-and-thomas-ravenel/

This article basically says what all of them say.  This one has information about her behavior in the last few days  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/06/25/exclusive-kathryn-dennis-reneges-on-joint-custody-with-thomas-ravenel-emergency-hearing-expected-southerncharm/

Edited by Eater of Worlds
On 9/22/2022 at 4:44 PM, heatherchandler said:

They are showing this on Bravo and I just caught a glimpse of Madison doing Landon's hair and makeup for the stupid Founder's Ball.

Oh lord yes, I’d almost forgotten just how stupidly pointless all these contrived events/balls they threw together were…first was JD’s “Carolina Day” fete and then the “Founder’s Ball” silliness courtesy of Cooper. And I loved Cooper Ray, but I still hated that he and Patricia had their eventual falling out((although her “the poor man’s Truman Capote” label was such a sick burn)).

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Oh lord yes, I’d almost forgotten just how stupidly pointless all these contrived events/balls they threw together were…first was JD’s “Carolina Day” fete and then the “Founder’s Ball” silliness courtesy of Cooper. And I loved Cooper Ray, but I still hated that he and Patricia had their eventual falling out((although her “the poor man’s Truman Capote” label was such a sick burn)).

Cooper, although he lived mostly on the periphery of the series, may very well be my favorite Southern Charm character of all time.

With the mess that's now playing on our screens, it's getting harder to remember just how much fun it was to watch this show in the early seasons.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Thomas was off his rocker this episode.  He was frothing at the mouth after the “dinner.”

As someone pointed out in another thread, when you are watching reruns and turning off new episodes, the show is not good anymore.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2