Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: The Broken Man

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Why don't Jon and Sansa tell any of the Northern houses that they are not just going to Winterfell to take it back, they are going there to rescue Rickon Stark from sadistic Ramsey? I'm not wrong in thinking they know Ramsey has him am I?

Glover laid it out very clearly to Sansa that it was Robb who broke his oath first, and the families who followed him paid dearly for it.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, kdm07 said:

They mentioned it to Lyanna Mormont but she wasn't interested in fighting another battle for the Starks.

And I was already shipping her and Rickon. Game of Thrones: The Next Generation.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Taget said:

8) House Glover makes a good point.  As did House Mormont when Lyanna was asking exactly who these people before her were.  Actually why is no one asking why Jon Snow ran away from the Night's Watch?  I know he can claim the Night Watch killed him and he magically arose from the dead.  At which point I'd expect most of the people he's visiting to break into laughter assuming it was a legal fiction he made up to cover his desertion.

Yeah, I really don't understand why they would bring up Sansa's marriages, Robb's broken betrothal, and Jon's lack of the Stark name but not that Jon is an oathbreaker and deserter. I should think that would have come up as soon as his wildling army was mentioned, if not before. 

• Love 1

It's clear to anyone loyal to the Starks that Sansa's marriages were forced upon her because 1) as awesome as we all know Tyrion to be, nobody could seriously marry him and have any power. She thought she was to marry Joffrey and become the queen, and that didn't happen. OK. Sham marriage. 2) Anyone with an ear to the ground would have known that her "marriage" to Ramsay was bondage and her purpose was to get knocked up. Northerners would know that Sansa had no reason to be loyal to either house since both treated her abysmally and neither was a situation she wanted. 

But I guess a ten-year-old has to be sure.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, kdm07 said:

- As others have said, Lyanna Mormont is great. Keep her around longer show, she's already shown more smarts than half the lords of Westeros.

- I hope Margaery knows what she's doing. We need more good, smart people in the future especially when it's time to rule the people. I will not be happy if Cersei's impulsive idiocy gets her killed.

- Jaime has never been a favourite of mine, ever since he pushed Bran out of that window. I still think losing a hand isn't punishment enough for him. I'd be okay with Lord Blackfish dishing out that punishment too.

- Robb Stark's stupidity still haunts his family. He, like his father before him, really didn't think some things through properly.

- Dany needs ships and Yara seems to be a-okay with giving her those ships. I'm all for the two of them teaming up.

I love Lyanna Mormont. She's smart and tough.

I think that Margaery might be trying to pull off a Church of England gambit and make the king the head of the faith of the seven, which would be funny because Natalie previously played Anne Boleyn on The Tudors.

My irritation with Jaime's story is that he doesn't seem to have learned much considering all of his strife and hardship. He's still a pawn. He doesn't seem to recognize how awful Cersei is and how she's fucked Tommen's rule.

Honestly, I don't think that the show has done a great job of portraying how under siege they should feel in the Red Keep. Rather than be an effective Master of Whispers, Qyburn is busy puttering away performing unspeakable experiments. The Small Council is in revolt and won't meet with Cersei. Littlefinger is off with House Arryn's army. Walder Frey has lost the Riverlands. The Martells have murdered Myrcella and declared war on the Lannisters. The Tyrells are the Lannister's very reluctant allies. Plus the Lannisters are broke and the Iron Bank of Braavos could just decide to stop loaning them money. And that doesn't even get into anything with Dany, the White Walkers, the Iron Born, or the ungovernable feral psychopath who is their sole ally in the North.

All of the Starks are pretty stupid. It's one of their defining traits. They are fairly honorable and short sightedly stupid. 

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Maire said:

Those c**********! Ian McShane is already gone? Noooo!

Ian McShane probably only wanted to do a one-off episode, a couple of days shooting and no more. Just having fun.

I can't wait to see him in American Gods!

• Love 4

Jaime is no better than his lunatic sadistic  paramour/sestra. Pushing Bran to his expected death has me desirous of both Cersei AND Jaime suffering hellfire and eternal damnation .

One of the major draws of This Tale for me was the "Winter is Coming " plotline, The Starks as true 'Gooduns', and the valiant promise that "The North Remembers". Rather, well, it appears that El Niño may be wreaking havoc so, instead, we have WinterISH may be coming, Starks who meet every conceivable and INconceivable ill-fortuned act, event,..., and and a North either wary and disappointed at the Starks or base traitors to the Starks. Gee ❗

C'mon Arya!  You ARE down for this ! 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, dramachick said:

Plus the Lannisters are broke and the Iron Bank of Braavos could just decide to stop loaning them money. And that doesn't even get into anything with Dany, the White Walkers, the Iron Born, or the ungovernable feral psychopath who is their sole ally in the North.

What is scary about that is how much the Lannisters don't know.  I assume she could care less about Dany and views any talk of Dragons as just nonsense.  Same goes for White Walkers.  I'll have to rewatch the episode where Tywin discussed the gold mines of the Lannisters running dry.  But other than Tyrion it is unclear who else knows that.  Certainly not Jaime or Cersei.  And Kevan may be too busy dealing with Kings Landing's drama to even deal with family finances.  The Iron Bank stuff is probably unknown to any of the Lannisters still in King's Landing.  Though we are not privy to what Kevan and Mace discuss since we never see their scenes without their interactions with Cersei.  And if anyone was paying attention to what is happening in Dorne Jaime might well be marching south rather than north.

As for the psychopath given he married a fugitive (Sansa Stark) wanted in connection in the murder of King Joffrey I am not sure the Lannisters exactly consider Ramsay an ally.  Just someone who would be more trouble than it's worth to try to replace.

(edited)

The Hound, yay!

I also liked seeing Ian McShane, it was great watching him in Ray Donovan last season.

Arya gets repeatedly stabbed in the gut and somehow lives.  I wonder how she's going to get healed up before bleeding out all over the street.

For a moment I thought Lyanna Mormont was Joffrey returned from the dead.

Now that I know what Yara likes, I think she'll be wanting more than Dany's dragons once she gets a look at her.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Taget said:

As for the psychopath given he married a fugitive (Sansa Stark) wanted in connection in the murder of King Joffrey I am not sure the Lannisters exactly consider Ramsay an ally.  Just someone who would be more trouble than it's worth to try to replace.

Cersei gave Littlefinger permission to overthrow the Boltons and make himself Warden of the North when they met last season and he informed her of the Boltons' betrayal. But given that he helped murder Joffrey and is a compulsive liar and serial backstabber, he's not exactly the best ally for Cersei either. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

"The North Remembers" my ass...

Well, technically I guess the North does remember. They remember that Robb trusted Theon Greyjoy who fucked them over. And they remember dying in his war, and losing partially because Robb couldn't keep his word to Walder Frey. As much as I love team Stark, Robb was an idiot. He was a good soldier, a kind man, and probably would have been a good and fair Warden of the North in a time of peace. But he sucked at war, and a lot of people died because of his stupid, short sighted choices. That being said, I  miss Robb because he was hella attractive. 

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I am glad that Olenna is heeding Margaery's warning and leaving. It is clear that Sparrow was warning Margeary that Olenna was next in line or maybe he wanted to Olenna out because she is the last brains in King's Landing. Whatever happens next Olenna will be safe and alive to take her revenge on Cersei and the Sparrow.

I definitely took the rose as a sign that Margaery is still Margaery, which is hugely important. I'm sure this isn't the last of Olenna, and she will be working furiously to fix this. Hopefully the two of them will be able to communicate somehow . I wouldn't be surprised if Margaery  was avoiding  sleeping with Tommen a) to help motivate him to free Loras and b) Because I  don't think Margaery wants to have a baby with just anyone. I think she fears Tommen's claim on the iron throne isn't as strong as she would like, and the last thing she wants is to give birth to a pretender's baby. She wants a solid foundation for her sons.

3 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Lyanna Mormont is like the daughter Brienne and Tormund are gonna have one day, just a lot more tiny.

Um, speaking of which, where is Brienne? And Tyrion? Why did half the episode focus on the Hound living on a hippy commune? Am I the only one who not only doesn't care about the hound being alive, but is annoyed by it? We have like 762185 story lines going on, I don't need a hound redemption arc.

2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

And I was already shipping her and Rickon. Game of Thrones: The Next Generation.

This would be so perfect. 

• Love 12

Man, I hope they had a lot of ice packs around in Westeros, because Olenna, The Blackfish, Lyanna Mormont, and Bronn were just dishing out the burns left and right in this one!  So many great ones, but nothing will top Olenna just whittling down Cersei to nothing.  And she was pretty much 100% right about everything.  Diana Rigg is a treasure.  And credit to Lena Headey too, because she has somehow gotten so good at the smirking, that you can tell the difference between Cersei's "I'm awesome!" smirk and "Keeping the act going, even though I know I've just gotten owned right now!" smirk.

Season Six continues to be the season of returns, with not only Bronn finally, but at long last The Hound is back into the fold.  Sounds like he basically was saved by Septum Ian McShane (!), and stayed with the group, because he feels guilty for all the horrible things he has done.  But now with the group already dead, I'm sure he'll be back to his violent ways soon.  I wonder where he is heading?  I read somewhere that Ian McShane was only going to be around for an episode or so, so his death didn't surprise me, but was still a bummer.  At least he owned it as always.  Just wish they found a way to have him call someone a c*********.  But I would so be down for more Deadwood folks showing up (although I have this hilarious image of Timothy Olyphant dress as a Wilding or solider, but still talking in his normal twangy voice.)

Totally not surprised Margaery is playing the High Sparrow and really isn't enthralled by the Seven cult.  I do wonder what her endgame is or if she is just playing it by ear.  I hope it works out.  I really want her to start getting a bigger role soon.  More Natalie Dormer, please!

Jon and Sansa certainly aren't having the best time recruiting Houses into their battle.  Sucks, but I did kind of like how Robb's dumb actions came back to haunt them, and played a part in messing things up with one house.  At least they got Mormonts, lead by Lyanna, the world's youngest badass.  And the Wildings.  I love that after all the big speeches, it was really Wu-Wu agreeing that got all that in order.  Really, how could you not side with the giant?

Jaime brief power trip over those silly Freys was nice while it lasted, until The Blackfish just totally dressed him down.  Not sure how Jaime is going to pull it off.  I wonder if him treating Edmure with respect will help out in the end.

Arya's stuff continues to be dull.  How could she not be prepared that the Waif was probably going to try something?  She knows about the changing faces and everything.  Just do what you need to do and then hide!  Don't just be standing around on bridges in the open!  And apparently Braavos is the worst place to get stab in, since you can walk around dripping blood and they'll just be "Eww, that little girl is bleeding all over the place!  Get away from her!"

Yara and Theron are on their way to try and convince Daenerys to team up.  Once they get past all the whoring and pep talks over not having a dick anymore.

Two episodes in a row where they didn't check in on Meereen, which I think is the most this show has ever been Tyrion-less.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, maydaymayday said:

Thank goodness no hint of a pregnant Sansa.  I really didn't want to go there.

Yet...

3 hours ago, Taget said:

And of course Arya immediately after running away from the death cult is trying to book a voyage out of dodge where she hears the Iron Islanders have arrived in Slaver's Bay.

3) Arya Stark's wounds look pretty terminal.

1) Wait, that ship captain Arya dealt with was from the Iron Islands? I totally missed that, thank you!
3) Those were a lot of stabbings, I figured she was done with. I can't imagine anything but magic would fix her, and as much as I want her around, I'll be disappointed if mere tlc fixes those wounds.

• Love 1

I get the feeling that Yara likes whatever happens to be attractive and available at the moment, and doesn't think much about it. She's a practical kind of gal.

Lady Tiny Badass is my new favorite.

Margery is definitely playing a long con and I'm intrigued to see how it turns out. She's the master manipulator that Cersei likes to think of herself as being.

What's interesting to me is how they're showing the ways that war is changing the roles women play in this society, just like it has in many of ours. No matter who comes out on top of all this (unless it's the whitewalkers,) it's going to be a whole new world in many ways.

• Love 9
(edited)

Is the show stalling for time right now? They don't want to get too far ahead of the books? Because every major plotline is really moving at a snails pace. Even slower when several Plotlines re not in certain episodes.

They are trying to satisfy us with progress in minor Plotlines like the random return of the Hound. What's next? We finally see where Gendry went in his canoe and he gets a romance plotline? We get a spinoff plotline of one of Mereens citizens?

i think they are forgetting whole Plotlines. Like where the hell is the Red Woman? And (not that I'm really complaining about this one) what the hell has been going on in Dorn?

specific thoughts on this episode:

lady olenna's blunt insults will come back to bite her at some point. Nobody in this show can get away with such transparency.

Nice to see some lesbian action for once. We've seen a good amount of gay action and plenty of straight but the lesbian stuff has been limited. Speaking of which, the sex levels in this show are much lower than they used to be in the early seasons. 

The little girl leader could be the best leader in the entire show even at such a young age. She seems tough, just, smart and has the geat intentions for her people. All of which are pretty rare qualities in the world of game of thrones leaders.

Edited by knaankos
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Cynna said:

Yet...

1) Wait, that ship captain Arya dealt with was from the Iron Islands? I totally missed that, thank you!
3) Those were a lot of stabbings, I figured she was done with. I can't imagine anything but magic would fix her, and as much as I want her around, I'll be disappointed if mere tlc fixes those wounds.

But she's still walking. Those were mortal wounds, I feel--the Waif is not fool and was obviously going for organs (heart, lungs, stomach). That Arya was still WALKING is incredible. I am wondering if Arya wasn't wearing some kind of shield underneath with perhaps bloodpacks. I cannot fathom how she would've been so trusting as not to anticipate that a stranger might've been the Waif in disguise. 

I cheered when the Hound appeared. He is too good a character to waste.

But can someone explain the guy who was hanged? Have we heard about him? First I thought he was the Blackfish, building a trebuchet. Then I thought he was part of the Brotherhood without Banners--but those menacing dudes (who I guess ended up killing everyone) were actually the BWB? I thought the BWB was essentially good? What gives?

Lady Mormont is the SHIT. Loved her and I loved Ser Davos "getting" her, due to his dynamic with Shireen (rest in peace, sweet princess).

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, CeeBeeGee said:

I cheered when the Hound appeared. He is too good a character to waste.

But can someone explain the guy who was hanged? Have we heard about him? First I thought he was the Blackfish, building a trebuchet. Then I thought he was part of the Brotherhood without Banners--but those menacing dudes (who I guess ended up killing everyone) were actually the BWB? I thought the BWB was essentially good? What gives?

No, we've never heard about McShane's character before. Apparently he's just a reformed tough guy turned amateur country preacher. I'm hoping those guys who slaughtered the sept-building commune were just a renegade offshoot of the BwB or people only claiming to be part of the BwB. Last week's ep made it sound like the BwB was doing good by raising resistance to House Frey and possibly supporting the Blackfish. They certainly had their less than noble side in s3, selling Gendry to Mel, but butchering peasants in some kind of protection racket goes way beyond that.

Yara and Theon were in Volantis, btw. That was the same beautiful bridge from last year, though they looked to be in a different brothel than the one where Jorah kidnapped Tyrion.

• Love 2

I wasn't interested in the Hound's return or most of the episode. I kept wandering off during the episode to do other things. The verbal smack downs were mildly amusing. Arya managing to get stabbed repeatedly and still be able to swim perfectly fine to avoid detection was typical. 

Winter is taking forever. It feels like major plotlines are sidelined by boring sub plots. What's happening with the Dorne coup? The Night King? Dany and her many armies ? 

At first with all the build up I was wondering if Gendry was going to show up to reclaim Kings Landing but apparently not. Anyone else wonder if Margery would like Gendry for a new husband?

• Love 3

Recent events between Sansa and Littlefinger have been very disturbing and perplexing too.

I have to wonder, is there any chance Littlefinger may be telling the truth in that he didn't know about Ramsay and he would truly prefer to remain a friend to Sansa?

I know most of you will have a first reaction to this question that will be something like derision, disgust and disbelief. But, I have to wonder (or maybe "hope" is a better word) that if LF shows up at some future battle with the Knights of the Vale and indeed tries to help Sansa, he won't have some dirty underhanded trick that will actually destroy her and get him something in return.

Please don't snort too loudly. I just feel the need to ask.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, wayne67 said:

I wasn't interested in the Hound's return or most of the episode. I kept wandering off during the episode to do other things. The verbal smack downs were mildly amusing. Arya managing to get stabbed repeatedly and still be able to swim perfectly fine to avoid detection was typical. 

Winter is taking forever. It feels like major plotlines are sidelined by boring sub plots. What's happening with the Dorne coup? The Night King? Dany and her many armies ? 

At first with all the build up I was wondering if Gendry was going to show up to reclaim Kings Landing but apparently not. Anyone else wonder if Margery would like Gendry for a new husband?

Arya suffering the kinds of wounds she did and then walking wherever she was going did seem very preposterous - very unrealistic. It also seemed highly unrealistic that a trained assassin would be able to stab her 5 or 6 times and she would still be in a condition good enough for a strenuous swim and a long walk. I have to tip my hat to Bannon who keeps complaining about poor writing and say this is one case I would have to agree if he feels this was all very shabby writing. My main reason is that it just seems like it would have been so easy to write this in a more realistic way without making any sacrifices to the story arc. JMO.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, CeeBeeGee said:

Did you ever see Deadwood or Lovejoy? The lead actor in both of those is Ian McShane who is a great, great actor. Many people really love his acting ability. He played the man who was hanged.

I sense a lot of people were very saddened at the thought of his only appearing for a single episode. I would have loved to have seen him have a leading role in this show - right from day one.

But, to answer your question. No. He had never appeared before in this show. It seems like it was just one show and he is gone. A real pity he couldn't appear in more episodes. Although, to be fair, he never displayed any of his great acting ability in last night's episode. I guess there just wasn't sufficient time.

Edited by AliShibaz
  • Love 2
(edited)

I got a laugh seeing the Blackfish put Jaime into the role of Larry to the Frey brothers Darryl and Darryl.  

Edited by RedHawk
spelling
  • Love 11
(edited)

The idyllic church-building commune-folk scenes (they even had a slow and sweet version of the theme music!) reminded me so much of an old "Star Trek" episode that I half expected Capt. Kirk to beam down and save everyone. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 9
(edited)

Whoever the Volantian (or I guess Braavosian) miracle-working medicineperson it is that saves Arya, Theon Greyjoy needs to see her/him next about getting a cock reattachment. 

Edited by RedHawk
Arya is still in Braavos...
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, AliShibaz said:

I have to tip my hat to Bannon who keeps complaining about poor writing and say this is one case I would have to agree if he feels this was all very shabby writing. My main reason is that it just seems like it would have been so easy to write this in a more realistic way without making any sacrifices to the story arc. JMO.

The best writing on the show was at the beginning when D&D had plenty of source material to work with. We're now seeing what happens when they're left to their own devices e.g we really didn't have to spend so much time with The Hound considering that everything has to be wrapped up in a season and a bit and the less said about Ramsay Bolton and Dorne, the better.

• Love 2

3 episodes to go, right? Still introducing new/old characters (Hound Septon,Little Lady), no sight of those whose story line we really care about (Tyrion, Brienne), and dragging out what little we do see of others (Arya - we know she isn't going to die SHOW).  

I'm feeling that the season will end with a muddled mess of cliffhangers with nothing resolved for anybody.  OR just put everybody in place for separate battles that I don't care about that may or may not happen next season.  Yara/Theon v Uncle.  Jon/Sansa v Bolton (just send in a freakin assassin to kill Ramsey and be DONE).  Jamie stuck at a siege...maybe with Brienne... still don't care...

OH and pluuuuuueeeesse have Margery crush the Sparrow and begin her power play against Cersei by the end of the season.

• Love 8

This was a frustrating episode, time is being squandered by devoting large chunks to sub-sub-plots like the commune. I was really excited to see The Hound back, through the scene I was saying 'is it Gendry or The Hound?' because it was obviously set up as a return of an absent character. I let out a big cheer when the reveal was shown (I would have been equally happy with Gendry) but they spent too much time focusing on the commune just to kill them all off, we didn't need to see all that to explain The Hound's return/redemption arc. Was glad to see Bronn as well and Jaime is getting his mojo back now he's away from KL again. I would still dearly love for him to betray House Lannister and side with the Starks but I know there's a snowballs' chance! I honestly thought Arya was dead when the Waif stabbed her and was in shock... but then she tumbled over the bridge so I realised she'd survive. How can these people live in such a shithouse world that no one offers help to a young girl with blood pouring out of her side? I wonder if Jaqen H'ghar will help her, he's such a weirdo that I wouldn't be surprised if he gave her death the go ahead and then saved her. I feel so sorry for Theon and then I remember all the awful things he did, it's hard to know if he can ever come back from that. I love Yara and I'm looking forward to her meeting Dany. Hopefully she'll tell her to shut the hell up when she starts speechifying! 

Superficial: I want Jon to wear his hair out, Jaime to grow his long again and thank goodness Arya isn't wearing those stupid buns anymore! 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I love Lyanna Mormont. She rocks. It is horrible to see the northern houses betraying their oaths, but I hate that Glover is right about Rob’s stupidity leading to Stark’s destruction.Poor Sansa having to ask Littlefinger for help.

She is the cutest.  I wonder if she and Arya would have been friends or mortal enemies.  I hope Lyanna is rewarded for keeping the faith, and I would love it if she made Ser Davos her adviser.  I think those two would be great together, now that Shirleen is gone.

• Love 11
(edited)
8 minutes ago, RCharter said:

She is the cutest.  I wonder if she and Arya would have been friends or mortal enemies.  I hope Lyanna is rewarded for keeping the faith, and I would love it if she made Ser Davos her adviser.  I think those two would be great together, now that Shirleen is gone.

Psst, I advise you not to call her "cute" to her face!

I've started this whole plotline in my head where Rickon and Lyanna marry, and along with badass sis-in-law Arya, Lyanna rules the North. Ser Davos would be their excellent advisor and Bran would be their Maester.

Sansa and Jon, being of the screw-everything-up older generation, would be married off to lesser houses. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

See, I've started this whole plotline in my head where Rickon and Lyanna marry, and along with badass sis-in-law Arya, Lyanna rules the North. Ser Davos would be their excellent advisor and Bran would be their Maester.

Sansa and Jon, being of the screw-everything-up older generation, would be married off to lesser houses. 

from your lips to George R.R. Martin's ears! 

Can Brienne and Tormund find their way together in your plotline?  Because I already miss their budding romance  :)

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, maydaymayday said:

Given the short amount of screen time (and the episode was 50 minutes long), I am not sure what that commune accomplished.  Yes, the Hound is alive, but I think that could have taken much less time.

I'd rather have seen the Arya scene come to a natural conclusion instead of being kept hanging another week. A Man said to the Waif, 'don't let her suffer' and the Waif certainly did not heed that command. Someone will have to die, perhaps the Waif.

Where do the Hound's loyalties lie at this point?

With only 3 episodes left, I think the Stark children will likely remain mostly separated until next season.

Thank goodness no hint of a pregnant Sansa.  I really didn't want to go there.

Someone last week mentioned that the man said that he needed a face.  If waif comes back without a face is that cool?  I suspect and hope that Arya gets her revenge on her.  

I'm interested in the Hound, only because he is the only man, IMO, that can take on Cersei's weird FrankenMountain.  So, does that mean that the Hound hooks back up with Arya to take down Cersei and FrankenMountain?  I feel like it must have something to do with that, because what other purpose could the Hound possibly have.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Why don't Jon and Sansa tell any of the Northern houses that they are not just going to Winterfell to take it back, they are going there to rescue Rickon Stark from sadistic Ramsey? I'm not wrong in thinking they know Ramsey has him am I?

Edited to add: Oh now I remember they received Ramsey's letter telling them he has Rickon. 

I think they'd be better off not mentioning that for motivating the Houses, the best argument is to save the North from the sadistic Ramsey. When they told Lyanna about Rickon I half expected her to say 'I'm not risking lives for one boy' which I think is very reasonable! I would do anything to save my sister but I'm not convinced that thousands of total strangers would risk their lives for the cause.

2 hours ago, AliShibaz said:

Recent events between Sansa and Littlefinger have been very disturbing and perplexing too.

I have to wonder, is there any chance Littlefinger may be telling the truth in that he didn't know about Ramsay and he would truly prefer to remain a friend to Sansa?

I know most of you will have a first reaction to this question that will be something like derision, disgust and disbelief. But, I have to wonder (or maybe "hope" is a better word) that if LF shows up at some future battle with the Knights of the Vale and indeed tries to help Sansa, he won't have some dirty underhanded trick that will actually destroy her and get him something in return.

Please don't snort too loudly. I just feel the need to ask.

I believe he genuinely wants to fight by her side and marry her because she is his best shot at becoming Warden of the North - she's certainly a much less frightening prospect for the Northern Houses than Ramsey and the more Houses that unite with the Starks the more that will fall into line (although the Wildlings alliance might continue to make things difficult). Beyond that I'm not sure what plans he has for her as we never know with him but I really doubt that he wants to harm her unless it is necessary for him to do so, I've always felt he's motivated by power not revenge but I know that point has been oft debated by the fandom.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, truelovekiss said:

I definitely took the rose as a sign that Margaery is still Margaery, which is hugely important. I'm sure this isn't the last of Olenna, and she will be working furiously to fix this. Hopefully the two of them will be able to communicate somehow . I wouldn't be surprised if Margaery  was avoiding  sleeping with Tommen a) to help motivate him to free Loras and b) Because I  don't think Margaery wants to have a baby with just anyone. I think she fears Tommen's claim on the iron throne isn't as strong as she would like, and the last thing she wants is to give birth to a pretender's baby. She wants a solid foundation for her sons.

A child would also be a mistake, because ostensibly that child would be basically handed over to the High Sparrow.  And even if Margery could turn Tommen around, then the High Sparrow could work to overthrow Tommen in favor of his child.  Or just have Tommen killed and rule as reagent for their child.  I think this is why the High Sparrow is pushing for a child, and if Margery doesn't start "performing" her marital duties, I think he is going to get more and more suspicious. And its not like she can engage in birth control, or termination with that lady following her around.

• Love 5

Boy, I'm sure glad to see Arya retained all those months/weeks/feltlikedecades of faceless training!  It took the waif a staggering .02 seconds to trick and stab her!  And here I was thinking all those faceless scenes had been pointless up until now...

Like everyone else, I loved little Lady Mormont!  But did anyone else hear her call Sansa "Sandra"?  I rewound it twice and I swear that's what it sounded like she said.

I love Yara and her plan to team up with Dany.  And I like that, unlike everyone else, she isn't worried about having as much power as she can get and ruling all of Westeros.  She just wants to go home and be the badass queen of the Iron Islands.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

Boy, I'm sure glad to see Arya retained all those months/weeks/feltlikedecades of faceless training!  It took the waif a staggering .02 seconds to trick and stab her!  And here I was thinking all those faceless scenes had been pointless up until now...

Like everyone else, I loved little Lady Mormont!  But did anyone else hear her call Sansa "Sandra"?  I rewound it twice and I swear that's what it sounded like she said.

I love Yara and her plan to team up with Dany.  And I like that, unlike everyone else, she isn't worried about having as much power as she can get and ruling all of Westeros.  She just wants to go home and be the badass queen of the Iron Islands.

Yara said last week when she was making her bid for Queen that they can conquer the North so I think taking back the Iron Islands is just first step. Which is a shame because it does get a bit much with everybody wanting to take everyone else's 'stuff'!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

Yes, I heard "Sandra" as well. Wonder if it was supposed to be an intentional diss? As in, "Don't tell me I'm going to be a beauty one day, 'Sandra'."

20 minutes ago, Save Yourself said:

I think they'd be better off not mentioning that for motivating the Houses, the best argument is to save the North from the sadistic Ramsey. When they told Lyanna about Rickon I half expected her to say 'I'm not risking lives for one boy' which I think is very reasonable! I would do anything to save my sister but I'm not convinced that thousands of total strangers would risk their lives for the cause.

I believe he genuinely wants to fight by her side and marry her because she is his best shot at becoming Warden of the North - she's certainly a much less frightening prospect for the Northern Houses than Ramsey and the more Houses that unite with the Starks the more that will fall into line (although the Wildlings alliance might continue to make things difficult). Beyond that I'm not sure what plans he has for her as we never know with him but I really doubt that he wants to harm her unless it is necessary for him to do so, I've always felt he's motivated by power not revenge but I know that point has been oft debated by the fandom.

If he ever proposes I hope she says, "Gah, NO! I'm tired of marrying men who are shorter than me!"

• Love 4

Speaking of Cersei's weird FrankenMountain, that actor must really enjoy getting a paycheck for appearing almost every week and not having to remember any lines and few directions. What a job! Director says to him, "Ok, just follow Cersei and stand two feet behind her in a menacing way. Cut, thanks, that's a wrap!"

• Love 7

Two thoughts:

1) Was the hound trying to cut through that tree, or just make splinters?  If it was the latter, good job!

2) I like how Wildling elections work.

-One man, one vote.

-One giant, all the votes.

• Love 16

mojoween:

Ooh Lyanna was throwing shade at Sansa.  "Is it Bolton? Or Lannister? I can't keep it straight."

Hell yeah!! Major SHADE...this young lady is a true badass... Lady Mormont for the win!  I would even fight for this awesome tiny lady warrior! LOL

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Save Yourself said:

Yara said last week when she was making her bid for Queen that they can conquer the North so I think taking back the Iron Islands is just first step. Which is a shame because it does get a bit much with everybody wanting to take everyone else's 'stuff'!

Well dang, I had already forgotten that.  Just rule the Iron Born, Yara!  Forget the rest of these crazy kingdoms. (Not that it'll matter when the White Walkers eventually come to kill all of you, but still...)

8 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Yes, I heard "Sandra" as well. Wonder if it was supposed to be an intentional diss? As in, "Don't tell me I'm going to be a beauty one day, 'Sandra'."

That's exactly what I thought, like "Let me make you think you're not even important enough for me to get your name right, Stark chick!"

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, revbfc said:

Two thoughts:

1) Was the hound trying to cut through that tree, or just make splinters?  If it was the latter, good job!

2) I like how Wildling elections work.

-One man, one vote.

-One giant, all the votes.

Yeah, for all the Septon's praise of Hound's ax-swinging tree-cutting skill, I just wasn't seeing it.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1

Lyanna Mormont is truly Jeor Mormont's heir, not Ser Friendzone. I hope her role grows over time. So, what will Littlefinger and Sansa say when the army from the Vale just sort of show up at Winterfell? Oh, heard you had a spot of trouble and thought we might lend a hand? That was a friggin waste of Ian McShane. I'd watch that man read the phone book. I understand that this was to reintroduce the Hound and have him be trying to redeem himself, but more McShane would have been nice. How did the Hound not hear all those people being slaughtered? Was his wood chopping that loud?

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, knaankos said:

lady olenna's blunt insults will come back to bite her at some point. Nobody in this show can get away with such transparency.

They will. You're 100% right. But a little part of my soul learned all it needed to in this lifetime and died and went to heaven when Olenna told Septa Unella she needed a good bashing. It was glorious. I love that broad.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm feeling that the season will end with a muddled mess of cliffhangers with nothing resolved for anybody.

I think this season will end as all the others have, with it looking like the White Walkers may be finally getting somewhere near the Wall.

Edited by Drogo
Quote formatting.
  • Love 4