Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Blood Of My Blood

• Start Topic

High Sparrow 2, Lannisters 0. Don't hate the playa, Jamie, hate the game.
It took 5 seasons to pay off Benjen Stark, now that's a slow burn.
Dany sitting on top of Drogon (Has he gotten bigger?) giving a badass speech. She may only get 5 minutes, but they're usually an epic 5 minutes.

• Love 18
(edited)

OMG, this season has been outstanding so far. 

Drogon! The CGI of Daenerys on the the dragon is so well done. She is getting better at communicating her Drogon. Next time, obey your queen, Darrio.

Yay, Arya! Needle! She decided to be who she is, “Arya Stark!” As I predicted, murdering for a cult of fanatics never ends well. I wasn’t surprised that Jaquen is willing to let the “other girl” kill her.

Benjen! He intends to take Bran and Meera to the Wall. I cannot wait for him to reunite with Jon.So Bran is the three eye raven. I cannot get over my poor sweet Wyllis sacrificing himself for Bran and Meera.

Go Sam! He took the sword. I love Sam. He is so funny.  He cracked me up when he came storming back in for Gilly and the baby. Baby Sam is adorable.  Gilly was near unrecognizable after her makeover. I like Sam’s mother. Sam’s father reminds me of Tywin. Damn, Sam lost a lot with his inheritance. He would have been rich as hell.

Fuck, the High Sparrow. He is so pathetic. He reminds me of every religious homophobic zealot who ever walked the earth. Margaery is a good actress. She is trying to save Loras whose is only sin is being gay.  The Tyrell father looked ridiculous in armor on that horse.

Watching Tommen come down those stairs cracked me up. Cersei must be so proud of her handiwork. I was glad that Tommen sent Jaime away, anything to get him away from Cersei who is fucking delusional. The Lannisters are weaker than they have ever been thanks to her failed schemes.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 13

Benjen! Walder! Drogon! The guy who actually got married at the Red Wedding!

All that was missing was Gendry, and it's the return of everybody we forgot even existed.

1 minute ago, Jaded Sapphire said:

That was a nice moment but other than that, nothing happened. I mean is it just me? Seriously, NOTHING HAPPENED.

After the emotional 10 car pileup that was last week, I think we needed a relative breather.

• Love 22

Holy crap, Drogon is HUGE.

Being undead made Benjen's face really puffy. He and Jon need to have a chat about their current life status.

Loved seeing Gilly all dressed up, and Sam's sister so eager to give her a makeover. Nice touch slightly shuffling back in forth in shoes she's not used to wearing. Sam's asshole father (who was Lady Rose's asshole father-in-law on Downton Abbey) will be enraged when he sees his sword gone. "He can come and try." Hell yeah, Sam! I expected Dickon to live up to the first syllable of his name with his father bad talking Sam to him, but he seemed all right.

Mace Tyrell's helmet and feathers. That's all.

I thought Loras was coming out with a seven-pointed star carved in his forehead instead of Tommen.

Hey, a Bronn mention! An appearance would be much better.

• Love 13

Just watched last two back to back.  LOVED 

2 minutes ago, maydaymayday said:

Margery must have something up her sleeve. No one converts so quickly.  I think she is trying to save her brother

I thought (hoped) so, too !!!  

• Love 4
Just now, fellini said:

That had to be the most boring episode of the season. I can't wait to see what happens to Arya. Please no more Sam and Gilly!!!! Next episode looks interesting.

Ahh, I flove Sam Gilly and baby Sam now that he's a real kid.  My heart hurt for Gilly when Sam's father went after her.

Any episode with dragons is a great episode!

• Like 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

It just occurred to me that Brienne is going to going to Riverrun and so is Jaime. I hope that they meet there and she reads him the riot act for being Cersei's lackey. Come on, Jaime find a real purpose in your life.

I am looking forward to seeing Brynden Tully again. I hope Edmure survives this. I cannot believe that Frey treated his son in law like that. 

Drogon has grown and is huge. Now we need the other two dragons.

Why did Arya go back? I hope that she plans to burn down that murderous cult and their temple.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, maydaymayday said:

Margery must have something up her sleeve. No one converts so quickly.  I think she is trying to save her brother

After the scene with Loras a couple of weeks ago, I'm certain she is going along for this very reason. Remember she told Loras they had to be strong. I'm sure Margaery is acting a part, with the High Sparrow and with Tommen. 

I never know quite what to make of the HS. On the one hand, he says things that sound right, and absolutely sincere. On the other, he has a look in his eye that says otherwise. It was indecent triumph over the Lannisters and Tyrells in this episode. I distrust him on principle, because of his cult-like leadership and that look, but sometimes it seems like the show is trying to portray him as the good guy.

Was hoping Sam would get his hands on that sword. IIRC, Valyrian steel is effective against White Walkers.

Gilly didn't just get new clothes and a new 'do. Her eyebrows seemed much fuller. I barely recognized her at first.

I could swear I saw David Rintoul aka BBC Mr. Darcy from the 70s in the cast list. Yet, I couldn't place him in the episode, and he's not in the cast list on the IMDB page. Can anyone help? Maybe he was one of the actors?

Edited by peggy06
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Why did Arya go back? I hope that she plans to burn down that murderous cult and their temple.

"Burn them all".

Speaking of, tonight was the first time we've actually seen King Arys, correct?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, peggy06 said:

After the scene with Loras a couple of weeks ago, I'm certain she is going along for this very reason. Remember she told Loras they had to be strong. I'm sure Margaery is acting a part, with the High Sparrow and with Tommen.

When I saw how her facial expression changed when she was hugging Tommen, that's when I realized Margaery had something up her sleeve. I don't think it will end well, but what does on this show?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Popples said:

I just remembered: What happened to Dany's horse when she sensed Drogon near her? Did he eat it?

Dragon expenses = Fewer direwolves.

Holy crap, the dragons actually outnumber the direwolves now.

• Love 11

Quite the growth spurt for Drogon, for sure.  

Glad to see Benjen back - I was wondering when he would reappear.  

Things seemed to go a bit sideways at KL.  I was looking forward to the end of creepy High Sparrow, but no such luck.  Cersei really does know how to make a mess, doesn't she.  

At least this episode didn't rip out a piece of my heart.  

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Fuck, the High Sparrow. He is so pathetic. He reminds me of every religious homophobic zealot who ever walked the earth. Margaery is a good actress. She is trying to save Loras whose is only sin is being gay.  The Tyrell father looked ridiculous in armor on that horse.

Fuck him HARD. That shitty little faux-humble smirk that creeps across his face--I want to punch him every time I see him on the screen. As well as everyone in that mob who booed, baying their disappointment at not seeing another woman sexually humiliated for their pleasure. Really praying that Margaery has something in mind and hasn't drunk the Kool-Aid.

Benjen! I knew it!

And good call to whoever pointed out that Brienne and Jaime would be converging on Riverrun at the same time. Although with this show, they'll have Jaime renouncing her completely.

BENJEN!!!!!!!

Moar Bran visions!

• Love 16

Oh what a shock, King Tommen is someone else's puppet now.  The silent acting of Jonathan Pryce, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Dame Diana Rigg was the best part of the scene.  I'm also assuming Margery is playing a long con.  We know it will end badly, probably for Tommen and Cersei. Glad Jaime is getting out of King's landing maybe he'll recapture some of the humanity he gained the last time he was away. 

Ok eff Dany, she's becoming the Mad Queen.  She's going to bring a raping, raiding horde to conquer the lands she wants to rule, and thinks that is a good idea?  Yea ok.

I was becoming sick of A Girl's storyline and I'm glad she and Needle are moving on. 

So does Bran realize what he's done and what's transpired?  It was all so unclear to me.  Love Meera though. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Benjen Stark!  Woo-hoo!  Starks are on the come back!  I was worried that Meera wouldn't make it out of there alive.

Randall Tarley is intense. I don't understand why Sam took the sword.  Is he going back to the Wall?

Arya's fight with The Waif is going to be brutal.

Littlefinger is a lying liar who lies.  I knew the Blackfish wasn't in any condition to send an army to help Sansa. With Jaime on his way to the Riverland, I'm sure that Brienne and Pod are going to be captured.

Oh yeah, Danerys is becoming as mad as the Mad King.  She sounded absolutely unhinged. 

Edited by dramachick
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, dramachick said:

Randall Tarley is intense. I don't understand why Sam took the sword.  Is he going back to the Wall?

I think Sam is going back to the Wall. He cannot stay where his father can easily find him. The sword is made of Valyrian steel. They will need it to kill the White Walkers.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I think Sam is going back to the Wall. The sword is made of Valyrian steel. They will need it to kill the White Walkers.

He's liable to be a tad upset when he hears about what happened to Jon--and that he sort of gave the seal of approval for Olly to join in.

• Love 2

I'm pretty certain Margery will destroy the Sparrows from within.  She knows how to play the long game. 

So, it looks like Jaime and Brienne will be reunited which I'm thrilled about.  I loved their dynamic. Still, they will be on different sides of the Tully/Frey conflict.  They will be pleased to see each other on the one hand but their bond will be strained.  Brienne and Tyrion are the only ones capable of inspiring Jaime to be more than Cersi's lapdog.  He defied Cersei by helping Tyrion escape and by sending Brienne to protect Sansa instead of sending someone to kill Sansa like Cersei wanted.  Jaime's story may improve by Brienne reminding him he is capable of more or he will prove to be incapable of severing himself from Cersi's influence.  I only really find Jaime interesting when he's with Brienne or Tyrion.     Also, I'm dying to see Jaime's reaction to Tormund awkward courtship of Brienne.

Arya's time with the faceless wasn't a waste.  She's learned how to fight will a lot more skill and most importantly she's learned how to control her temper.  Now she is deadly and less likely to be impulsive.  If she can be coldly calculating her chances of getting revenge improve.  Still ,I'm disappointed.  I thought A Man was intentionally trying to teach Arya to find herself, but it turns out he did just want her to be a nameless assassin killing anyone for a price.

• Love 15

Hey, a Bronn mention! An appearance would be much better.

Oh Bronn!  It sounded to me like he said Bran and I was like "wait what?"

I hate smug smirkers who smirk.  I really need Olenna to stab the High Sparrow right in the foot.

Drogon is beautiful and impressive but Dany still bores me.  

How does Benjen know what Bran saw in his visions?

It looked like Kevan was all in on whatever nonsense Tommen is getting up to and that surprised me.  I guess he's going along to get along to keep his son safe?

Not going to lie...until tonight I did not know that horses could climb stairs.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, dramachick said:

Littlefinger is a lying liar who lies.  I knew the Blackfish wasn't in any condition to send an army to help Sansa.

Blackfish has taken Riverrun, so it seems he DOES have an army.

Are you confusing him with Edmure (Cat's brother) who is Fray's prisoner?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Captain Stable said:

Blackfish has taken Riverrun, so it seems he DOES have an army.

Are you confusing him with Edmure (Cat's brother) who is Fray's prisoner?

The Blackfish can't rescue his nephew from the dungeon next door.  He's under seige.  How and why is he going to send an army to help Sansa? Brienne will confirm that Littlefinger is a lying liar who lies when she sees what's actually going on in that clusterfuck.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Not going to lie...until tonight I did not know that horses could climb stairs.

LOL.  During that scene, I swear that the reaction from the extras was like they had just seen Dany survive fire and birth Dragons.

I was shocked that Jamie's power play didn't work because his horse climbed stairs and it was awesome.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Last Time Lord said:

All that was missing was Gendry, and it's the return of everybody we forgot even existed.

Maybe when Arya has her final battle against...whatever "a man's" sidekick is called... maybe "Amanda?".. it will take place near the docks, and Gendry's long lost canoe will provide a useful distraction by crashing into the shore. Bonus points if he's somehow picked up Nymeria along the way.

• Love 23
(edited)

I just hope that Blackfish does not get into a battle with Jaime and lose his army. I want him to help Jon and Sansa. 

I cannot begin to put into words how happy I am that Brienne and Jaime are likely to meet. I just know that she will tell him some hard truths about how worthless his life has become. He has forgotten that he wanted to find his honor and be respected again.  Hopefully, he will pledge allegiance to Daenerys and eventually take the Lannister army to the Wall to fight the White Walkers. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

Baby Sam was adorable but Hannah Murray has got the flattest, most grating voice. Not much more to say about  meeting the Tarleys except, why? 

Glad Arya is going to move on, hopefully it won't take too long to escape the FM.

The High Sparrow has always been barefoot and wearing that same caftan, but I don't think he's ever looked as dirty as he did today. Surely it's ok to wash? They must have the means, Margaery looked cleaned up. Speaking of Tommen, there's another grating voice. Just shut up kid, you're useless.

Is it me or did Walder Frey look younger than the last time we saw him? So, in how many pieces will Edmure be arriving home?

More talking from Dany. Yawn. Don't talk, do. As I see it, she has no more right to the throne than anyone else who would defeat the current ruler. The fact that her family used to rule doesn't mean anything anymore. 

Yay Benjen! Off topic, has anyone else seen his portrayer Joseph Mawle in "Bird Song"? He was excellent.

That was so obviously not Nikolaj riding that horse up the steps it took me right out of it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dangwoodchucks said:

Baby Sam was adorable but Hannah Murray has got the flattest, most grating voice. Not much more to say about  meeting the Tarleys except, why? 

Glad Arya is going to move on, hopefully it won't take too long to escape the FM.

The High Sparrow has always been barefoot and wearing that same caftan, but I don't think he's ever looked as dirty as he did today. Surely it's ok to wash? They must have the means, Margaery looked cleaned up. Speaking of Tommen, there's another grating voice. Just shut up kid, you're useless.

Is it me or did Walder Frey look younger than the last time we saw him? So, in how many pieces will Edmure be arriving home?

More talking from Dany. Yawn. Don't talk, do. As I see it, she has no more right to the throne than anyone else who would defeat the current ruler. The fact that her family used to rule doesn't mean anything anymore. 

Yay Benjen! Off topic, has anyone else seen his portrayer Joseph Mawle in "Bird Song"? He was excellent.

That was so obviously not Nikolaj riding that horse up the steps it took me right out of it.

Joseph Mawle was heartbreakingly excellent in Bird Song, and so was Richard Madden.

I thought it was Nikolaj and don't care if it wasn't.  That's what stunt men are for.  I was busy looking at that magnificent horse go up those steps so smoothly. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, dangwoodchucks said:

How would you have felt if during the shoot the horse bucked or slipped and NCW was injured or worst killed ?

It was such a blip, safety first, that's why they have stunt people and true horse handlers.

• Love 10

Once Sam's family realized that Gilly was from "way up north" and was a wilding, nobody returned to her original point, which was that Sam killed a white walker. That seems sort of a big deal.  Like most snobby families in Westeros, they won't realize it until it's too late. 

Drogon's screech freaked out my dog. I still prefer Direwolves. 

Margery is so playing the long con. She knows what a twit her husband is. 

The Freys are still relevant? Sure. Who else is in the dungeon? Lots of chitchat at dinner. 

I'm not sure I buy Arya's exit from the assassin club. She sailed there, went hungry, abandoned her possessions, begged to be let in, cleaned corpses, went blind, suffered, got beaten, resisted temptation, and then decided with her first assignment that it just wasn't for her. I thought she had more sticktoitiveness.

• Love 6

1. Benjen! Finally! Was hoping that it'd be him. So does this mean he's immune to WWs?

2. Sam....I'm sure him taking that sword is gonna play in greatly later.

3. Pretty sure when Jacquen said a face needs to go up on that wall one way or another, Arya's gonna get the other girl with no name's face up on it.

4. Can't stand all these hateful old men + woman - sam's dad, waldo and cersei. Ugh, this Sparrow business is all her fault in the first place, why is she blaming everyone but herself?

5. Damn that dragon probably got into an all-you-can-eat sheep buffet. He's prob the biggest among the 3 now.

6. Jamie - He better join Brianne and Jon when he gets to Riverrun. Stop being Cersei's bitch!

• Love 8