Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Aftermath

• Start Topic

I admit I stopped watching after the Robert Show was over, so maybe I missed something about Tammi and Barbra's anger at Maryum.  Maryum might be a little pompous but the other two's anger seemed way over the top.  Really weird, that shit was beyond being upset about Maryum calling some random "short bus".

• Love 12

I am just happy that Robert got called out for being scared.  There is nothing wrong with that but smiling like an idiot and acting like that wasn't the case made him look like the arse hole he was.

On another note, damn if Zach didn't look kind of hot!

• Love 5

Tammi and Barbra ganged up against Maryum.  I like Maryum. Yes that was not a good choice of words" little yellow bus". She did apologize. It was junior high mentality keeping the grudge against her. Are we missing something else that happened?

robert is a fool with that crazy smile. Glad all of them forced the truth in his face

why? Why? Would Zac's wife go in jail ten days after he got out?  Wierd. Is she one upping him like if you did it now I get to do it. Leave your infant for 2 months. Maybe she's getting back at Zac for never being home ( not his fault he's in the military). Just a feeling OR they both just want to be reality stars!

Jeff is delusional. Stick to security

barbra says she's more attentive. Maybe she appreciates the life she has as opposed to feeling stuck with two kids and a husband 

i hope Isaiah stays on the right track

tammi is a hot head but she grew on me

JMHO

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Really weird, that shit was beyond being upset about Maryum calling some random "short bus".

Remember Barbra got  soooooo upset at the whole foot of color stomping the badly drawn American flag.

• Love 7
(edited)

Observations at the half-way mark:

1. I feel sad for Jeff.

2. Zach is sexy.

3. This is a crappy reunion show.

4. Isaiah has the same oddly-shaped face as Jenelle's boyfriend on Teen Mom 2.  Isaiah is cute. Jenelle's boyfriend is not.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 5

Someone should just slap Robert, sheesh!.

Maryum is maybe a little too confident for the likes of Tami and Barbra. I think it was mentioned that her father still lives in the area where this was filmed, and even though she lives in another state, I could she why she would think that she might be recognized, especially since Ali and family still do fundraising for Parkinson's research. Maryum got on my nerves a bit, but she seemed to have some insight on some of the inmates mental and self-esteem issues. and she was aware enough to realized she said the wrong thing and apologized. I got "uppity N" vibes from Tami and Barbra ymmv.

Jeff needs therapy and Robert needs a strait jacket! Zac is smokin and probably soon to be divorced.

Hope Isaiah stays at school in New Jersey.

Someone should slap Robert!

• Love 13

Barbra: she was insufferable and needlessly rude to Maryum.  Maryum took responsibility and apologized profusely for a non-event, and Barbra, with her demented wingman and enforcer Tami, was trying to engage Maryum in a power play and shouting match, which Maryum skillfully avoided.  They were acting like it had happened 5 minutes ago and humiliating Maryum was the goal of the program.  All in all, I think Barbra and Maryum clashed because were competing for the same social position in the group though Barbra wanted to be "pod boss" though she clearly wasn't.

Zac: He delivered.  He did everything he was supposed to do in a honorable way.  I appreciated his direct and truthful approach, especially not wasting his breath on Robert.

Isaiah: Nice kid but as dumb as a bag of hair.  His scared straight story arc didn't do it for me.

Jeff:  Jeff is a pussy. A really big pussy.  He talks like a pussy.  He walks like a pussy.  He sits like a pussy.  He moves his hands like a pussy. He runs away from Rick like a pussy.

Tami: A complete loon.  Her statement that she retired because of the show and she didn't want to put people in jail may not be true, I thought she hasn't been an actual police officer in several years.  She seems to be constantly on the lookout for people that wrong her so that she can beat them up and show them she "doesn't take crap."

Maryum: She was the most intelligent and diplomatic of the bunch.

Robert: Robert embarked on his spaceship and returned to his planet.

• Love 24

Well, I got what I wanted.  Maryum staying composed while the mean girls yelled at her and seeing Tami and Zac's faces while watching the Robert footage.  I'm convinced Robert might end up in prison for real one day.  They're going to have to switch jails if they want a season 3.  I wouldn't mind being locked up with Zac, Maryum, Isaiah and Jeff.  The first three seem pretty chill and I think I could easily bully Jeff into giving me commissary.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, lasandi said:

I am just happy that Robert got called out for being scared.  There is nothing wrong with that but smiling like an idiot and acting like that wasn't the case made him look like the arse hole he was.

On another note, damn if Zach didn't look kind of hot!

I have never despised an television reality 'character' as much as Robert. I cannot believe he's a teacher, and if he is, no doubt he is unpopular. What a waste of air and space. He needs to disappear into anonymity.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Tami: A complete loon.  Her statement that she retired because of the show and she didn't want to put people in jail may not be true, I thought she hasn't been an actual police officer in several years.  She seems to be constantly on the lookout for people that wrong her so that she can beat them up and show them she "doesn't take crap."

I call BS on most of what Tami was saying. I don't believe she was a police officer for 21 years - unless it was at a desk. Anyone who loses her s**t over petty things like Tami, cannot be in an authority position. Also, did you get a look at the Sheriff's face when she said she retired because she didn't want to arrest girls and put them in jail. Are you serious????? Some gal attacks her kids, or husband, drives drink and hurts someone or whatever...? And you feel back about taking them off the street. Give you head a shake. And then when she flipped out because Maryum said her overreaction was stupid? Guess what Tami, it was stupid. Clearly, she's never heard the expression, pick your battles. 

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Barbra: she was insufferable and needlessly rude to Maryum.  Maryum took responsibility and apologized profusely for a non-event, and Barbra, with her demented wingman and enforcer Tami, was trying to engage Maryum in a power play and shouting match, which Maryum skillfully avoided.  They were acting like it had happened 5 minutes ago and humiliating Maryum was the goal of the program.  All in all, I think Barbra and Maryum clashed because were competing for the same social position in the group though Barbra wanted to be "pod boss" though she clearly wasn't.

Well spoken - another idiot. Barbara suddenly has found her spine and wants to argue everything. Meanwhile, while she was in jail, she wouldn't have spoken up to ANYONE and said, "You shouldn't be saying that!". She and Tami flipped out on Maryum for trying to calm a bullying session. And what did THEY do to diffuse the situation? Nothing except flip on Maryum because she seemed an easier battle to take down. What a joke.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 11

I think this was the most uncomfortable part of the series.  During the jail part of the show, you were seeing people in a situation that was beyond.  Then seeing them here, they'd steroid back into their roles.  Like, they were suddenly following social rules again.  I did expect Barbra and Tami to maybe step back from Maryum a little.  Maybe act surprised and then apologize a little.  I didn't expect them to continue with that fight.  I think they don't quite see that their actions were definitely race based.  I think if they all watch the show and get context, it will help. 

Robert is a fucking loon.  

• Love 17
3 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I did expect Barbra and Tami to maybe step back from Maryum a little.  Maybe act surprised and then apologize a little.  I didn't expect them to continue with that fight.  I think they don't quite see that their actions were definitely race based.  I think if they all watch the show and get context, it will help. 

I'd like to think watching the show will help Barbra and Tami get context and understand what and why Maryum said what she did, but I don't think it'll happen.  I don't think anything will help open their eyes and minds and, if anything, I can picture them watching the show and finding more things to hate on her about.  They're mean-girls who tried to use their power of two/numbers to gang up and bully someone.  I hope I'm wrong about these two, but I don't think adult mean-girls change.  

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I agree with this.  I don't think someone like her should be a police officer.  To me she has a Napoleon complex; because she's short she feels she has to be more of a badass and she just comes off nasty and mean.  She should have a desk job where she never has to deal with any human beings. 

7 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Jeff:  Jeff is a pussy. A really big pussy.  He talks like a pussy.  He walks like a pussy.  He sits like a pussy.  He moves his hands like a pussy. He runs away from Rick like a pussy.

Totally agree.  The moment I saw him, I thought, "even I could kick this guy's ass."  The sad thing about Jeff is that he really thought he was a badass.  He didn't want to fight because HE was afraid he'd kick someone's ass and land in jail for real.  He didn't even listen to what the sheriff was telling him, even Isaiah was laughing at him. 

3 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I did expect Barbra and Tami to maybe step back from Maryum a little.  Maybe act surprised and then apologize a little.  I didn't expect them to continue with that fight.  I think they don't quite see that their actions were definitely race based.  I think if they all watch the show and get context, it will help.

I don't think it's going to help one bit.  Mean girls like Tami and Barbra (who's a latecomer to the "Mean Girl" persona) don't change.  No matter what Maryum did, they are going to hate her.  I said in the previous show that I wasn't surprised that Barbra seemed to like Isaiah, a mean, nasty girl like Barbra will have no problems with MEN of another race, but will hate on the women.  I loved how Maryum was like, "I'm not talking to you stupid women."  And then to prove her point, Tami stormed out.

I think Robert wanted to be the break out star of the show.  He probably read the "Omarosa guide to becoming a reality TV star" and felt he'd be the "character you love to hate."  The problem was, you can do that shit on a show like "Survivor" but not on a show like this, that was at least trying to be serious.

I think Zac and his wife have a plan to write a book and go on the public speaking circuit. 

• Love 14

I was half tempted not to watch the final episode because I tend to disagree with a lot of people.  Tami is a hothead but she grew on me and I understand where Barbara is coming from.  I think I associate most with her.  While Maryum annoyed me to no end. 

Zac was fun to watch and probably the only man on the show who took the project seriously.  Except for maybe Isaiah.  I hope things work out for him.  Jeff should stick with security.  If he wusses put after getting punched in the face once what does he think will happen when someone points a gun at him?

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Isaiah: Nice kid but as dumb as a bag of hair.  His scared straight story arc didn't do it for me.

Annoyed by Isaiah's 'arc' bc that was not the point of the show.

And I believe you've won the internet for today.  Thank you.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I think Robert was kicked off his planet and shipped to us on Earth, there's no going back for him. 

Someone explain to me where Barbra was coming from.  I think she's one of those women who's meek until she gets around a witch like Tami and then she grows a pair.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12

I think Barbra's a wild child who posed as a conservative military mom to get on tv.  She's not stupid, so she kept her head down until she got the lay of the land in jail, realized nobody present was going to kick her ass, and that's when she gave her Mom lecture to her captive (literally) audience.  If we ever saw her step up in between two inmates having a beef, then I'd say she was podboss material.  But I suspect that the head bitches in charge were all upstairs sleeping off their overnight illicit smokes/commissary binge at the point she put the smackdown on the bickering ladies in the day room.

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff.  At our lowest common denominator, when you strip away the civilization, we're predators, or we're prey.  You're at the prey end of the human continuum.  That's unfortunate, and the good news is that you're not alone.  Many of the best people are.  The fact that you can't recognize that continuum of human behavior, your position on it, and modify your behavior accordingly is what gets you into trouble.  Isaiah and Maryum and Barbra looked at the lay of the land, found a wall (literal or figurative) to lean against, and laid low until they determined the best way to stay out of the way.   In training you were explicitly told ways in which you could be exploited, you fell for all of them, and in fact continue to defend those actions as decisions you made with good intentions, even if they look bad in retrospect.  You don't get it.  

You seem to want to stop being a victim, hence your desire to be in law enforcement in some capacity, but if it were truly in you, you'd've been working on martial arts or some other kind of confidence/skill building regimen for years (as opposed to a photo op for the show).  You're probably a nice guy.  Look into behind the scenes law enforcement investigation/administration type roles.  Stay away from predators.  When even the two lame doofuses in charge of the jail wince at the thought of your joining their profession, it's not for you.

And to parrot Stuart Smalley... and that's okay.

• Love 15

Very true about Jeff.  Didn't he say that he hoped being on this show would help him get a job in law enforcement? 

I was dozing in and out during the last half hour but I remember Zac talking about how many animals they had and thought that was a bit excessive, but maybe they're animal lovers.  I still believe they caught the disease called WannaBeARealityStar-itus.

The women in the pod reminded me of my dorm in college; I went to an all woman's Catholic college in the 1970's.

• Love 5

I have Xfinity so I'll catch up tonight, saw the previews though, and damn that Jeff is such a wimp it's ridiculous, Isaiah still looks and sounds about as dumb as a bag of rocks, Robert I simply ignore, along with Maryum. Tami is borderline psychotic, and I'd so love to see Barbra in an all holes filled gang bang so at least her loud mouth would be useful for something. IMO Zach is the winner of this game, if you can call It that.

• Love 1

Another funny thing is that Dumb & Dumber were glowing at all the great info they got from all the participants, and how the jail would be improved.

Then they announce season two... with "more drugs!" "more violence!"

I'm so confused LOL

• Love 21
(edited)
16 hours ago, Pandora said:

Remember Barbra got  soooooo upset at the whole foot of color stomping the badly drawn American flag.

Apparently Barbra got equally as upset with Ariana Grande when she was filmed in that donut shop last year talking about how she hated America - and she started a social media attack to get her money back for an upcoming concert that she had bought tickets for. Ariana's people eventually just told ticketmaster to refund her the money.  I don't know how to link stuff but if you google her name (first and last) and Ariana grande you'll see the news story about it.  I think Barbra has also been in a few tv shows/movies as an extra/background actor but I can't find much to confirm that.  She has written some book on teen parenting that has horrible reviews on Amazon.

Also found out that Tami has been on tv before - apparently Ferguson may not be her last name (or perhaps it's her married name?) ... anyway, she was a loss prevention officer on some show on TruTv called "Caught Red Handed". 

Even good ol' boy Zachary has been on tv before, on some show called "Homicide Hunters". That said, I do think he's serious about pursuing a career in law enforcement. His wife has been in jail before, back in 2011 (not sure what for, but I'm guessing either drugs or robbery/forgery/etc to get money for drugs since she's been open about being a recovering addict) so her journey next season as a "repeat offender" should be interesting, not to mention if there are drugs in the female pod, as they seemed to heavily imply last night, it may be tough for her to be around those triggers. 

Even Jeff has been on tv... I can't remember the name of the show but it was something about uncovering who your relatives are. And apparently he is related to Ted Bundy. Yeesh. 

This was a train wreck but I'm not ashamed to say I'm looking forward to season 2!

Edited by LymieLisa
Weird line spacing!
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, LymieLisa said:

Apparently Barbra got equally as upset with Ariana Grande when she was filmed in that donut shop last year talking about how she hated America - and she started a social media attack to get her money back for an upcoming concert that she had bought tickets for. Ariana's people eventually just told ticketmaster to refund her the money.  I don't know how to link stuff but if you google her name (first and last) and Ariana grande you'll see the news story about it.  I think Barbra has also been in a few tv shows/movies as an extra/background actor but I can't find much to confirm that.  She has written some book on teen parenting that has horrible reviews on Amazon.

Also found out that Tami has been on tv before - apparently Ferguson may not be her last name (or perhaps it's her married name?) ... anyway, she was a loss prevention officer on some show on TruTv called "Caught Red Handed". 

Even good ol' boy Zachary has been on tv before, on some show called "Homicide Hunters". That said, I do think he's serious about pursuing a career in law enforcement. His wife has been in jail before, back in 2011 (not sure what for, but I'm guessing either drugs or robbery/forgery/etc to get money for drugs since she's been open about being a recovering addict) so her journey next season as a "repeat offender" should be interesting, not to mention if there are drugs in the female pod, as they seemed to heavily imply last night, it may be tough for her to be around those triggers. 

Even Jeff has been on tv... I can't remember the name of the show but it was something about uncovering who your relatives are. And apparently he is related to Ted Bundy. Yeesh. 

This was a train wreck but I'm not ashamed to say I'm looking forward to season 2!

That's pretty surprising!  Isaiah is probably the only person in the cast to not be on tv before.  You can just copy and paste urls here, http://web.poptower.com/tami-ferraiuolo-caught-red-handed.htm this is Tami's bio for the Caught Red Handed show.  It says she's a retired cop, so she lied in the finale when she said she retired because of her experience.  She was using a different last name, I'm not sure how long she's been married to her wife so that could be a maiden name?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6140207/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm this is Barbra's IMDB page.  She uses R.W. Parka as a stage name.  The bio part says she's a part-time physician but since it's IMDB, anyone could have put that there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I got "uppity N" vibes from Tami and Barbra ymmv.

Yeah me too, I would like to knock the s**t out of both of them, Babs thinking she is so holy and righteous,

Are you serious????? Some gal attacks her kids, or husband, drives drink and hurts someone or whatever...? And you feel back about taking them off the street. Give you head a shake. And then when she flipped out because Maryum said her overreaction was stupid? Guess what Tami, it was stupid. Clearly, she's never heard the expression, pick your battles. 

and tami tapped out of the force because a couple of chicks cried on her shoulder and most likely getting commissary out of her ass.

• Love 6

Oh hey look, Jeff is being shamed for his ignorance! Zac and Isaiah also traded commissary and that's cool  but Jeff traded commissary and *earned his beat down*. Don't get me wrong, Jeff is a dumbass but the three good ol boys of Zac, Sheriff Idiot and Deputy Dumbass merrily taking a shit on him and reminding exactly how small his penis was wasn't actually entertainment. I personally would like to see Sheriff Idiot and Deputy Dumbass inserted as inmates into a jail so we can see their meltdowns.

And of course Zac is vaguely praised for vaguely outlining that the inmates are vaguely considering taking over the jail with you know, no details at all.

And Tami, bless her heart, completely shit a brick and melted down long after, thereby proving the problem wasn't the jail but Tami. Tami's little drama queen run off the set was hilarious and telling.

I think Maryum made a dumb choice of words but I never got evil intent from her comments.

Oh look Tami and Zac were betting on Robert quitting. Of course he's an utter douche. And of course Zac is a condescending ass merrily noting how everyone thought Robert was a douche and Tami is pissed because Tami is all pissed. I mean don't get me wrong, Robert is an utter pice of shit..

But at the end of the day, all Zac has accomplished is being a reality whore... complete with hanging on till the bitter end by signing on to be the husband on the other side for his lil wifey because this is all about his getting a job in real law enforcement and not about Zac and his wife getting on tv. I mean, is there any reasonable reason why the new recruits had to include *Zac's wife*? Other than Zac being a reality whore

• Love 14

I got "uppity N" vibes from Tami and Barbra ymmv.

Yeah me too, I would like to knock the s**t out of both of them, Babs thinking she is so holy and righteous,

Oh hey look, Jeff is being shamed for his ignorance! Zac and Isaiah also traded commissary and that's cool  but Jeff traded commissary and *earned his beat down*. Don't get me wrong, Jeff is a dumbass but the three good ol boys of Zac, Sheriff Idiot and Deputy Dumbass merrily taking a shit on him and reminding exactly how small his penis was wasn't actually entertainment. I personally would like to see Sheriff Idiot and Deputy Dumbass inserted as inmates into a jail so we can see their meltdowns.

Love you,tell it like it is mofo is!!!Yes! Good O'le boys? Hmm, interesting. Like Zak's dam di*k is the cure for cancer are we as american women this fuckin silly and stupid?

• Love 2

Seeing that these people were mostly wannabe actors and not really average joe participants, I can better understand the Sheriff's dead faced reactions. I'm guessing some higher up at the prison made the deal to have it featured in a reality show, and he was told to try to fit in a workable story. I find it a bit odd because I would never have guessed either Tami or Barbra to be actor types. I really enjoyed the show when it first aired and I actually thought we would learn behind the scene things at the prison.

But the camera footage wasn't secret, the people were moved around too much to become useful, and the Sheriff and Deputy went into the whole project with a chip on their shoulder.

I didn't mind Miraym, but as a teacher I do cringe at people using the term "short bus". I'm sure she meant no harm and Tami and Barbra were looking for anything to get upset about. I'm not even sure it was about race; they both their entire time walking around waiting to be disrespected in some way. Gee, disrespected in prison-what a new concept.

Robert is a loon and I'm sure the jail staff did not want someone like that in the program. Still think Zac is hot, famewhore or not. Not sure if I will watch again, then again they might getter better applicants.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/26/2016 at 9:46 PM, Pandora said:
On 5/26/2016 at 9:33 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

Really weird, that shit was beyond being upset about Maryum calling some random "short bus".

Not to mention when her bunk mate got out and left all of her crap and people were dividing it up. Barbra's reaction made it seem like they cut the girl to pieces and sold them to the highest bidder.

I  am surprised that Barb and Tami were not warmer to Yaz during the reveal.... But she was such a pompass thing- even during this interview, I guess they are permanently over her. Seems silly. I think Tami and Barbra were told by producers to maintain the drama here. If things were resolved, that is not good TV.

Having Barbra accuse someone of being a "big talker" is pot meet kettle. Barbra acting superior over Yaz, when her own behaviour was so childish, is such a joke.

I'm embarrassed that AA and NA being suggested was some new revelation. Seriously? Rehab is a new idea? No. They are behind the times.

Zac saying playing this part would offer a perspective like none other before, in his quest into law enforcement.. He was in county jail, my word. That is nothing. And now that he plastered his face all over TV, he can kiss undercover drug narcotics goodbye.

I enjoyed Jeff being honest about his goals there and what his hindsight has taught him. And everyone telling him he can't find a future in law enforcement, when he made a point of learning so much and owning up to his mistakes, is crap. He will not be any stupider than the current officers there, and he seems to have a desire to learn, which is crucial. I say go for it, Fancy Shoes! He proved he can take a lot of crap and not be baited. That is a good thing.

I cannot imagine being so desperate for a reality TV paycheck that I would play Robert's part. To come out and yet again call this a meditation retreat after they already shut him down in the private interview..... Please, someone throw him back in there. What a freaking tard, willing to do this, and then still gloating like he accomplished something. I would not engage him either. I'd just write him off and will him to go away. He keeps saying he got the best of things, and I don't understand why he is gloating about that with the circumstances of the show. He went in for himself, served only himself, and then escaped for himself. Then he comes back to gloat some more. At least Jeff had the humility to really look at the past experiences and explore them. 

Robert can cease to exist now. I like how they shut him down.

It IS interesting how these jails treat the inmates. This isn't prison, but only jail.  I am only familiar with prisons. Here, they are not convicted yet, but they are definitely stored in a way that is not conducive to good behaviour. "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" is not really a fair statement. They are not convicted yet of any crime. There are a lot of things the jails can change. For starters, the guards on duty could actually watch the pods...

When they showed flashbacks for each inmate, again Tami gets a bad edit. The others get touchy feely moments, and her edit is an isolated one. She had plenty of touchy feely moments, and all of the rest of them had their hostile moments, but the final edit was clear. It's fair for anyone to dislike her, but I liked her. My viewer wrath strictly goes to Robert, the wonder Dunce. 

I am guessing Zac asked the wife to continue this because they want a paycheck and they have no scruples.And for him to say he is now suffering more than her, because he is taking care of ONE child, is pathetic. This whole thing is such crap. Pretty sure when HE was in, he thought she had the easy deal. I hate all of you reality stars.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 3
(edited)

About Jeff wanting to be a CO.Heh,do y'all remember that He traded 10$ worth of commissary for the bottom bunk because He's afraid of heights.Dude has a spine of jelly...

Edited by Stoned
  • Love 5

I need someone to diagnose Robert for me please. He is just such a bizarre person. What's with him? He is clearly acting delusional, but is he in on his own act? Or is that really him? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Stoned said:

About Jeff wanting to be a CO.Heh,do y'all remember that He traded 10$ worth of commissary for the bottom bunk because He's afraid of heights.Dude has a spine of jelly...

I know... by height we're talking about what here, 5 feet?  Less?  Pussy.

• Love 5

Just finally caught this and oh, man. I loved how Maryum handled that exchange with Tami and Barbra. I really hated how they pretending to give two shits about that girl just to try (and fail) to make someone else look bad. Tami is, of course, still a petulant child. 

Jeff, I just can't with this sad man. There's nothing wrong with being soft, but he thinks he's not, which is dangerous. Fortunately no one will be letting him near any kind of career that requires respect or authority. He'd probably get bullied by toddlers. 

I thought it was interesting that they brought up the fact that Zach and Isaiah also traded commissary. It seemed like it was supposed to show they messed up too, but Zach's point was really a good one. Fair trades helped them fit in without showing themselves as easy targets. It's a huge difference. 

Robert isn't worth the five seconds of typing what a ridiculous fool he is. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

I am guessing Zac asked the wife to continue this because they want a paycheck and they have no scruples.And for him to say he is now suffering more than her, because he is taking care of ONE child, is pathetic. This whole thing is such crap. Pretty sure when HE was in, he thought she had the easy deal. I hate all of you reality stars.

I don't disagree overall with your sentiments, but Zac was saying his wife had it worse at home taking care of their son (and, apparently, their zoo) alone than he had while he was in jail. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, GenL said:

I don't disagree overall with your sentiments, but Zac was saying his wife had it worse at home taking care of their son (and, apparently, their zoo) alone than he had while he was in jail. 

Yes, But only now that he is the one doing it, lol. It's no big deal, I just thought it was a dumb comment instead of just expressing concern for where his wife was. She didn't whine about staying home with the kid when he went away. 

(edited)

They were acting like it had happened 5 minutes ago and humiliating Maryum was the goal of the program. 

They both need a ladder to get over themselves.  Seriously?  I thought this experience "brought some perspective" to their lives?  Not so much.  Maryum seemed to have good intentions -- teaching others, staying out of the drama. She made a mistake in using the term "short bus" but I think that Most People who hear her apologies would just let it go.  Not Tami and Barbara.  They were letting NOTHING go. 

I had a feeling that Tami, now that she got Barbara on her side, was NEVER LETTING THAT RELATIONSHIP GO.  So standing solid with Barbara, even to this ridiculous degree, was What She Was Going To Do.  I was glad that there was a mention of how Tami's head exploded when Barbara dissed her during that "fight" in jail. Barbara said she was watching tv and Tami realized that 'she was alone.'   It took some time for Barbara to come around (didn't her BFF leave in the meantime?) and there was no way that Tami was going to let that Bonding go away, even if it means continuing on a petty dislike for Maryum.  Seriously?  They should have mentioned how Barbara's abandonment of Tami helped to make Tami go completely crazy in there.  Tami kept saying that she had NO ONE -- meanwhile, Prom Princess was bonding and having fun and being voted Most Likely to Succeed by the pod.  They should have brought up the fact that since Barbara KNEW that Tami was in the program, she COULD HAVE THROWN HER A BONE and BEEN NICE TO HER instead of leaving her to implode.   

Why didn't they bring up the French Flag incident?  Is it because the show was trying to protect Barbara's reputation?  Seriously?  That was the dumbest thing to get upset about.  The "black foot" stepping on the flag?  Who thinks like that?  That was crazy.  Why didn't she ASK Maryum what she meant?  Instead, she talked about her, made others hate her and just kept going.  There was a suggestion of racism and classism (meaning that they realize that she has more class than they do) in their complete and utter dislike of Maryum.  

I Just Bet that Barbara would like to "remain friends" with gals she met in there.  I don't think so.

Robert went to solitary after THREE DAYS?  WHY?  They should have put him in the other cell block and made him deal with the inmates.  He was completely WORTHLESS to the program by being in solitary.  

Whoever posted that the Jail learned nothing that they didn't already know is spot on.  Deputy Idiot was focussing on the wrong things.  Going on for one minute that the Volunteers were in danger of being Part of the Problem is one minute too much.  They were there to HELP him and he did nothing to help them get along there.  They are not professional snitches.  He should have intervened when he saw that Jeff was in trouble.  He should have supported Tami when she was going nuts.  There is just too much that he could have, and should have done, but did not.  

The most eye-rolling part of the show was when he said that Tami had given them valuable information.  She got all giddy.  Why?  Because she really didn't.  She told them something that the gal looking for drugs YELLED at her across the room...several times.  SO WHAT?  They could have picked it up on the cameras.  She gave no important details but for some reason the show wants to act like she did something important.  Yawn.  Glad she is retired because she doesn't have the personality to be a helpful law enforcer.  She's got a short fuse.  

Edited by Eme
  • Love 8

I laughed when they said Robert lasted three days. Can't remember if it was that obvious at the time.

I also laughed when the sheriff said he was grateful nobody got hurt. Um... one of the project people got sucker punched, fella. I mean, it's not as bad as constipation or somebody taking your wife's picture off the wall, but...

To give the cast credit, I am assuming that most of them did give pretty specific info based on what they witnessed, mostly about the corrections staff. A) because why get involved with ratting out people who you really don't want to mess with, and B) they're larger crimes/abuses of power. Just because the show didn't detail it doesn't mean they weren't watched/investigated/caught/fired because of it.

And while I'm being generous, the new sheriff may truly want the authority to clean it up and thought this was a way to demonstrate that changes/budget increases he'd asked for are based on actual conditions.

One question: since there is obviously overcrowding, has anybody sued over them putting even MORE people in (for whatever reason)?

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, kassa said:

One question: since there is obviously overcrowding, has anybody sued over them putting even MORE people in (for whatever reason)?

Yes, and it has gone as far up as the Supreme Court : http://www.newsweek.com/unconstitutional-horrors-prison-overcrowding-315640

ETA: This ruling applies to the California state prison system, not the local Indiana county jail in the show.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
On May 26, 2016 at 8:00 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Observations at the half-way mark:

1. I feel sad for Jeff.

2. Zach is sexy.

3. This is a crappy reunion show.

4. Isaiah has the same oddly-shaped face as Jenelle's boyfriend on Teen Mom 2.  Isaiah is cute. Jenelle's boyfriend is not.

I don't feel sad for Jeff, but damn, Zac IS sexy.

• Love 4
(edited)
On May 27, 2016 at 6:15 PM, placate said:

That's pretty surprising!  Isaiah is probably the only person in the cast to not be on tv before.  You can just copy and paste urls here, http://web.poptower.com/tami-ferraiuolo-caught-red-handed.htm this is Tami's bio for the Caught Red Handed show.  It says she's a retired cop, so she lied in the finale when she said she retired because of her experience.  She was using a different last name, I'm not sure how long she's been married to her wife so that could be a maiden name?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6140207/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm this is Barbra's IMDB page.  She uses R.W. Parka as a stage name.  The bio part says she's a part-time physician but since it's IMDB, anyone could have put that there.

Thank You Placate for this investigative work !  Everyone you MUST click on the Tami link , the attached picture of blonde crazy eyes Tami is worth the look haha  Tami's backstory now does appear to be hazy as to when she really retired from the P.D.  I have friends / family that are in law enforcement and Tami's personality seems a terrible fit for the job.  I lost interest halfway thru the season but will give season 2 a shot because I find jail/prison reality TV fascinating. 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 1
On May 27, 2016 at 8:51 AM, dstranger99 said:

I'd so love to see Barbra in an all holes filled gang bang so at least her loud mouth would be useful for something. 

Lovely.

(edited)
On 5/27/2016 at 0:36 PM, woodscommaelle said:

In the preview for next season they showed Zach's wife saying 'I hate you' and then hanging up the phone.  Seriously, what adult says that to their spouse.  Is that normal? 

Not normal in my house.  I just had my 27th anniversary this month and I can honestly say that I have NEVER told him that I hate him, and he's never said it to me.    I give their marriage a year, tops. 

I liked Zac until he mentioned all of his animals, I have a lot of pets too so that part didn't bother me.  What bothered me is when he said they had puppies,  that tells me one of two things, either they are very irresponsible pet owners and don't bother spaying/neutering or they are back yard breeders.  Both options leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2

It seems some folks may benefit in knowing how to ignore other posters. If there is another poster who you would prefer not to read, you can hover over their name next to a post, and in the middle bottom of the box, choose 'Ignore User.' It will redirect you to the page where you can make your choices as to what you want to ignore; posts, PMs, or both.

The rules around here are 'Be civil.' That's not the same as 'Don't be gross.' So if you find some posts distasteful, use the Ignore User feature. Thanks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2