Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Spoiler and Speculation Topic

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

A lot of ex-spouses get together for various functions and events, such as weddings, funerals, children's graduations, etc.  To the Pearsons, gathering around Rebecca for one final goodbye is a big deal to them.

Lol, I stand corrected.  Most divorced people I know are not super involved in their exes lives,  I guess that's not the norm😂

• Love 3
4 hours ago, mansonlamps said:

I don't think she has to be there to deal with their feelings,  after all Kevin will be there.  I wonder how many families invite ex husbands and wives to their parents' deathbeds just because they have children.  It feels inauthentic.

I think having Madison and Toby there so that they can manage the kids while both Kevin and Kate have to deal with their mother dying and focus on that, would actually be a relief for them.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think having Madison and Toby there so that they can manage the kids while both Kevin and Kate have to deal with their mother dying and focus on that, would actually be a relief for them.

Yeah, I can understand why Toby and Madison would be there by extension, though it would be weird if Elijah and Parfait Lady are also there. I'm basically hand-waving it as the show wanting everyone around because it's the/near the end.

Although, and correct me if I'm wrong, all of the cabin flash forwards have been the same night… Wasn't Toby shown to be in bed and got a phone call from someone in the family? So unless he's already in Pennsylvania, how does he end up at the cabin?  Is he in town anticipating Rebecca's passing? 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mansonlamps said:

Lol, I stand corrected.  Most divorced people I know are not super involved in their exes lives,  I guess that's not the norm😂

Having children together tends to keep you tied together even as the kids turn into adult.  Marriages that did not produce children are different, I'm sure.  I have personal experience with both situations.

14 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Because the actress who plays Sophie is there, on the right side of the picture, standing near Susan Kelechi Watson who is sitting.  While it could be that she is there as Rebecca's nurse, it is more likely that she and Kevin are married.

Do we know when this picture is supposed to be? How are we sure it's from the time that they went to Rebecca's deathbed?

Edited by himela
8 minutes ago, himela said:

Do we know when this picture is supposed to be? How are we sure it's from the time that they went to Rebecca's deathbed?

Because the people who we've already seen in the flash-forward - Kevin, Randall, Beth, etc. - are wearing the exact same outfits and styling in the picture.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, himela said:

Because they are at Kevin's cabin and a bigger hint for me, wearing the clothes they wore that day, shirts, pants, sweaters etc. Only Nicky doesn't have his cardigan on yet but shirt. If you look at one of the many videos on youtube of the future scenes, it matches right down to the mustaches and hair etc.  They had to film I'm assuming all at once, or at least that year, because Kevin's kids would age and they let us see 2 (in case he had more) They could bring in Toby/Kates' kids since they've been aging them all along and they seem new at least Jack Jr. 

Alex/Sophie always said she was there although I don't see the aging in the blurry photo but I'm sure some wrinkles. It was never hidden she was there but a lot of fans never saw all the articles then and since they didn't hide it, I didn't think the picture was "here she is" but more of a lead up to Tuesday. If Dan/Ken are playing with fans emotions, that is not needed, they must see the social media posts but I did like seeing Philip there and maybe those are Kate's feet to the side. ; )

All I know is that couple of bags of food doesn't seem to be enough to feed that crew, they need a caterer! Who would have enough food for all those Pearson's and add ons. ; )

Edited by debraran

Who is the dark haired woman next to Toby-is that Parfait? If so, it is odd we didnt see her in bed with Toby when he got the call to come over.....and again, why was he so close to the Cabin????

Anyone able to Zapruder in on Alexandra's/Sophie's left hand....looks like no ring on the ring finger, or certainly not a big blingy one

Edited by AriAu
2 hours ago, AriAu said:

Who is the dark haired woman next to Toby-is that Parfait? If so, it is odd we didnt see her in bed with Toby when he got the call to come over.....and again, why was he so close to the Cabin????

Anyone able to Zapruder in on Alexandra's/Sophie's left hand....looks like no ring on the ring finger, or certainly not a big blingy one

Someone said she had her moms ring on. Not sure 

I don't think it will be Rebecca joining Jack in the afterlife. That is sort of corny. I think it will be a mixed bag of shocks.

Doorbell rings, long lost sister.

Some famous actors doing cameos. 

Randall has a long lost brother. 

Stuff like that.... and it ends with a cliffhanger.  

Nicky is an imposter.......

With so few eps remaining, I hope tonight's isn't just about who Kevin did or didn't fuck the night before the wedding because I don't care at all.  Last week's ep was a happy one because of the wedding, and Beth and Madison provided some much needed humour which has been absent from the show lately.  I don't think we need two madcap type eps in a row though, when everything's quickly wrapping up.

I know there's a Miguel ep coming up.  I agree with others who say there will most likely be a sad ending to that.  But I do hope they show us a little bit of his life at least; like, does he see his kids now?  They obviously sided with mom (Shelly) in the divorce, and they were nastier to Rebecca than Rebecca's kids were to Miguel.  Interesting to see if anything changed over the years, because Rebecca's kids did finally accept Miguel and he is a member of their family.  I'm not suggesting Miguel's relationship with his kids should take over, because the focus should and will be Rebecca and Miguel's relationship.  But this show has a knack for showing us major developments with just one scene - no lines from anyone necessary.

And yes, Jack had a severe drinking problem.  Will this be addressed?  I wouldn't be surprised if Jack and Rebecca split at some point (however briefly) because of it.

This is really sad, and others have mentioned this also.  Kyle.  How overwhelming must it have been for Jack and Rebecca to bring home three newborns while grieving the loss of their child?  I can't even imagine.  They would have needed lots of support.  I bet Dr. K was involved.  Sad, but I do think it should be covered, because, full circle and all.  

And I still want to know that secret ingredient!

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Dreamboat Annie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jack and Rebecca split at some point (however briefly) because of it.

They did: Jack briefly went to stay with Miguel that last summer, when Rebecca tried to go on the road with her ex-boyfriend's band for two weeks, and the kids turned 17. The separation followed Jack and Rebecca's fight the morning after Jack went to bring her home, driving drunk and throwing a punch at the bandleader. It lasted until sundown. 

• Love 5
On 4/25/2022 at 9:48 AM, AriAu said:

I think the dark haired woman is actually a young girl; probably playing Hailey who, as we know from other flash forwards, is a brunette.

Perhaps Kate and PMJ were already at the cabin and the kids were with Toby when they got the word that Rebecca was dying and Toby accompanied the kids to PA from California.  The room that he is in when Randall calls looks like a hotel room to me.  It could be that he brings the kids to the cabin and goes to a nearby hotel to stay and the rest of the family decides he should join them rather than be alone there.  Hence, Toby's concern about 'her' wanting him there.

Remember that the house Kevin builds is massive with wings for each branch of the family; there has to be plenty of room for Toby to go off by himself if need be. Kate's wing has to have at least 3 bedrooms in it; Toby could bunk in Jack's room and not be in the way.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Dreamboat Annie said:

With so few eps remaining, I hope tonight's isn't just about who Kevin did or didn't fuck the night before the wedding because I don't care at all.  Last week's ep was a happy one because of the wedding, and Beth and Madison provided some much needed humour which has been absent from the show lately.  I don't think we need two madcap type eps in a row though, when everything's quickly wrapping up.

I know there's a Miguel ep coming up.  I agree with others who say there will most likely be a sad ending to that.  But I do hope they show us a little bit of his life at least; like, does he see his kids now?  They obviously sided with mom (Shelly) in the divorce, and they were nastier to Rebecca than Rebecca's kids were to Miguel.  Interesting to see if anything changed over the years, because Rebecca's kids did finally accept Miguel and he is a member of their family.  I'm not suggesting Miguel's relationship with his kids should take over, because the focus should and will be Rebecca and Miguel's relationship.  But this show has a knack for showing us major developments with just one scene - no lines from anyone necessary.

And yes, Jack had a severe drinking problem.  Will this be addressed?  I wouldn't be surprised if Jack and Rebecca split at some point (however briefly) because of it.

This is really sad, and others have mentioned this also.  Kyle.  How overwhelming must it have been for Jack and Rebecca to bring home three newborns while grieving the loss of their child?  I can't even imagine.  They would have needed lots of support.  I bet Dr. K was involved.  Sad, but I do think it should be covered, because, full circle and all.  

And I still want to know that secret ingredient!

I usually wait until the weekend to watch and don’t read any spoilers.  I may have to break that rule.  I’m so over this Kevin thing.  Agree I don’t really care who it was…I want to know how this will relate to his future.  

its not going to surprise me if this is filler and they drag this out even further. Lol 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

I usually wait until the weekend to watch and don’t read any spoilers.  I may have to break that rule.  I’m so over this Kevin thing.  Agree I don’t really care who it was…I want to know how this will relate to his future.  

its not going to surprise me if this is filler and they drag this out even further. Lol 

Don't laugh! Dan supposedly said it isn't 100% over, I'm sure we have to propel into the future even more. lol  I think they started smoking something or drinking this season, seems "off" a bit with scripts. (of course I'm blocking out the skinny dipping with Randall's mom episode)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I think the dark haired woman is actually a young girl; probably playing Hailey who, as we know from other flash forwards, is a brunette.

Perhaps Kate and PMJ were already at the cabin and the kids were with Toby when they got the word that Rebecca was dying and Toby accompanied the kids to PA from California.  The room that he is in when Randall calls looks like a hotel room to me.  It could be that he brings the kids to the cabin and goes to a nearby hotel to stay and the rest of the family decides he should join them rather than be alone there.  Hence, Toby's concern about 'her' wanting him there.

Remember that the house Kevin builds is massive with wings for each branch of the family; there has to be plenty of room for Toby to go off by himself if need be. Kate's wing has to have at least 3 bedrooms in it; Toby could bunk in Jack's room and not be in the way.

Yes that's Haley, she is shown always with same hair cut etc. She hasn't spoken yet. Jack Jr is with Philip and Kevin's kids with Madison, his son on the back of couch.

I think your hotel theory is pretty practical.

47 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Hence, Toby's concern about 'her' wanting him there.

That wasn't the issue, or not the only one. Toby said, "So, I'm not sure I should come." Randall replied, "She wants you there, Tobe."  

28 minutes ago, debraran said:

Don't laugh! Dan supposedly said it isn't 100% over, I'm sure we have to propel into the future even more. lol  I think they started smoking something or drinking this season, seems "off" a bit with scripts. (of course I'm blocking out the skinny dipping with Randall's mom episode)

Oh Good gravy .  I’m done I’m done so done lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

I would recommend that you break your rule and get it over with.  Like ripping a Band-Aid off.  That way you can immediately join in the fun and snark here!  This Is Us Who Kevin Ends Up With is so important it may be revealed by Presidental Alert System! At least front page news on the right with the rest of the gossip!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I would recommend that you break your rule and get it over with.  Like ripping a Band-Aid off.  That way you can immediately join in the fun and snark here!  This Is Us Who Kevin Ends Up With is so important it may be revealed by Presidental Alert System! At least front page news on the right with the rest of the gossip!

Yep the rule was broken.  I actually got a little misty during  Sophie and Rebecca’s talk.  

The Kevin drama -It’s over it’s finally over 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Yep the rule was broken.  I actually got a little misty during  Sophie and Rebecca’s talk.  

The Kevin drama -It’s over it’s finally over 

I don’t know why that they wasted time with the wedding Singer who was really not needed or even Nicky but I did enjoy their talk in the beginning and looking for clothes etc. I thought they moved way too fast in the hotel room and that didn’t surprise me that she backed off. Rebeccas memories were sweet, sad and very real.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, debraran said:

I don’t know why that they wasted time with the wedding Singer who was really not needed or even Nicky but I did enjoy their talk in the beginning and looking for clothes etc. I thought they moved way too fast in the hotel room and that didn’t surprise me that she backed off. Rebeccas memories were sweet, sad and very real.

The wedding singer was pointless.  I even zoned out during her napkin poem.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

The 5/9 episode is called Family Meeting and the synopsis is "The Big Three make a plan for Rebecca." That doesn't sound promising about Miguel's alive/not-alive status...

Since his episode is next, I assume he dies then. I do hope they have 90% of it happy though.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, debraran said:

Since his episode is next, I assume he dies then. I do hope they have 90% of it happy though.

Well, we know Miguel is alive when Kate marries, Phil the Brit, but who knows how long after that?  

• Love 4

Since the May 10th episode deals with the aftermath of Miguel's death, I'm thinking that he might survive May 3rd. But not without intentionally heavy foreshadowing or a fatal diagnosis. 

As much as I like John Huertas and the Miguel character, I'm not sure I am interested in his childhood or the years before he met Jack and Rebecca. I guess the character deserves it, but I do hope that part is brief. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Diana Berry said:

Aren’t going to get a kid centric episode with adult Randall kids, Jack,etc ?

We kind of already had a Jack Damon as an adult episode and got a brief view of Hailey as an adult as well.  We know what adult Tess and adult Deja are doing.  As for Annie, well, she doesn't have much of a storyline in the present, so we don't expect to know what she's doing as an adult.  This leaves Kevin's kids, Nicky and Franny.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

So Ron says the ‘William’ episode will that be the last episode or next to last? Hmmmm

We don’t need any more William episodes! Or even scenes! That storyline is deader than Randall’s skinny dipping birth mom.

52 minutes ago, deaja said:

We don’t need any more William episodes! Or even scenes! That storyline is deader than Randall’s skinny dipping birth mom.

I wonder if he’s going to be Rebecca’s guide.  I would rather just have her meet up with Jack.  The end. Or I still wouldnt mind a reincarnation. ‘ do I know you?’ Type ending. 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:30 PM, debraran said:
On 4/20/2022 at 5:28 PM, Pallas said:

If Rebecca meets anyone after death, it should be Kyle.

I agree!

Omg.  That would be amazing.  I would love that, which means it’s definitely not happening.

I do not want Rebecca to end up with Jack in the afterlife a la Titanic.  It would just diminish all the years she spent with Miguel, especially if he predeceased her.

For the most part this show has been really well written so I think the ending will be good, but it will never live up to the hype.  It can’t.  There’s never a perfect ending for these types of iconic shows.  I don’t love everything they’ve done, but I will miss this show a lot when it’s done.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 2

Unfortunately I don't hold out much hope for a meaningful, poignant or inspiring ending to the TIU saga.  Not after the hackneyed "third time's the charm," never-ending love fairytale ending of Kevin and Sophie suddenly realizing they've grown up to be the best for each other within about 24 hours before a wedding.

Perhaps TPTB should not predict how big a hankie and beach towel we'll need for the ending and give us a big laugh.  Rebecca, Jack and Miguel are a throuple in Heaven!

I'll be surprised if they even remember Kyle.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, CdrJanny said:

I wonder if we'll see Madison's OB, his daughter, and their horse in the final episode.  🤔

Don’t forget William’s partner, the dude who invented FaceTime and his long-suffering wife, Hy (Laurel’s lost and found again guy), and all of Kevin’s walking advertisements dates. 

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Don’t forget William’s partner, the dude who invented FaceTime and his long-suffering wife, Hy (Laurel’s lost and found again guy), and all of Kevin’s walking advertisements dates. 

Who we probably won't see is Annie.

• LOL 10

Didn't Randall wonder if Rebecca might start calling him William?  Maybe they'll have a William/Randall scene similar to Jack-as-Kevin-as-Jack.  

I'm a sucker for afterlife reunion stories, so I'm ok if Rebecca dies and is greeted by an entire host of the previously deceased!  Just so they aren't swimming.  In a swamp.  Naked.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Didn't Randall wonder if Rebecca might start calling him William?  Maybe they'll have a William/Randall scene similar to Jack-as-Kevin-as-Jack.  

I'm a sucker for afterlife reunion stories, so I'm ok if Rebecca dies and is greeted by an entire host of the previously deceased!  Just so they aren't swimming.  In a swamp.  Naked.

Yes no naked romps! But I doubt that tactful writing was any less subtle than telling Malik after 2 wasted episodes “ sometimes first loves come back when it’s time” 

William will be mentioned and shown for sure just like I knew Sophie was back 110% then.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, PRgal said:

So we'll never know what career she ends up in?  Gosh DARN IT!!!  (#sorrynotsorry)

The styling of adult Annie makes me think she's an artist of some sort.  Maybe she and Hailey work together in some capacity?  Of course, I could be completely wrong and she follows her father's footsteps and works in finance.  

• Love 1

Since "Miguel" is next and “Family Meeting.” after that, I sadly assume Miguel passes on and they need to figure out who is taking care of Rebecca now.  A short synopsis from TV Guide "The Big Three make a plan for Rebecca."

We know she goes to Kevin's with help since time passes and then "The Train" episode is next (I assume death with people who have passed) and then finale called "Us"

I wonder what that will bring?

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1