Type keyword(s) to search

Current Timeline: News and Media

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

The Suits Cast Did Karaoke After the Royal Wedding Ceremony, As One Does
By Molly Horan Published on May 21, 2018
https://www.brides.com/story/suits-cast-karaoke-royal-wedding

I think they just listed all the cast.  If her seat during the wedding is any indication, I'm betting Abigail made the reception cut.  She's been friends with Meghan from before Suits was even a tv show.  The other women seated around her at the wedding were Meghan's closest and longest friends.  However I'm not sure about Serena.  Plus I didn't see her in the video.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Maximum Taco said:

Maybe, but that seems awfully nice of Sony. 

It'd be much easier for them to shop the show if NBC officially cancelled it, if they don't publically announce it, all the other networks are gonna pick up shows to fill out their line up while they go around quietly trying to get it picked up. 

Silence is almost never a good thing. Unless of course your own network has plans to pick it up, but as I said before Sony has no broadcast network.

shhhhh, just let us have our nice fantasy world :P

• Love 2

Just heard that another show that didn't have a decision at the up fronts has now been cancelled. LA to Vegas. Though this is Fox which is making room for Thursday night football.

So I was checking out the NBC schedule that was released on ‘upfront’ day and there is a huge chunk over 2 days taken up by The Voice. I don’t watch that show but I didn’t think it was a full season type show (i.e. Sept - May). So what happens when The Voice is over? Did they release plans for what will be in that slot later? Could that be where Timeless could end up? 

Still think they are just dragging out the inevitable but I’m hoping for the best. 

You might like to know that the show's writers offered to release some deleted scenes online if their offer to do so got 5,000 likes and 2,500 retweets on Twitter.  So far, they've had 5,800 retweets and 11,000 likes, so we'll be getting some deleted scenes soon.  The most widely requested one is the Lyatt pool kiss.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

You might like to know that the show's writers offered to release some deleted scenes online if their offer to do so got 5,000 likes and 2,500 retweets on Twitter.  So far, they've had 5,800 retweets and 11,000 likes, so we'll be getting some deleted scenes soon.  The most widely requested one is the Lyatt pool kiss.

They said they are releasing that clip first- trying to get it out today but they are waiting for some music obstacles. They are planning to release one deleted scene a day! 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm with an above poster on this, just effing tell us already.  Put us out of our misery if its cancelled or let us breathe easily again and work on brainstorming about what we'll see next season.  Hell, if it is the case, then at the very least tell us the truth that you are working on trying to find another network or service to carry it;  at least we'll have (good) reason to wait on an answer.

This is unfair and unnecessary. 

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

Last time I saw something this drawn out it was Limitkess and they were shopping it around.

I guess the other explanations are that they were pretty certain they would cancel it but didn't prematurely announce it this time and are now rethinking that.

Another hypothesis I have is that they are waiting to see how Reverie does next week.  Maybe they are holding one mid season or summer slot and its down to those two.  Hostage negotiator who saves people lost in virtual reality seems like the closest genre competition to Timeless that the network has.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

And the Lyatt pool kiss just broke Twitter, I think.

I think I like the original better.

It's great they're doing this for the fans. Unfortunately I'm with the tvline guy in thinking there will probably be bad news tomorrow. It's the realist in me who knows NBC still follows the antiquated ratings system.   Meanwhile many people watch on their own schedule or binge now. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

And the Lyatt pool kiss just broke Twitter, I think.

If, in the future, I refer to something else as a "gratutious pool kissing scene," y'all will know what I mean, right?

3 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Another hypothesis I have is that they are waiting to see how Reverie does next week.  Maybe they are holding one mid season or summer slot and its down to those two.  Hostage negotiator who saves people lost in virtual reality seems like the closest genre competition to Timeless that the network has.

Not sure I follow. There aren't any Timeless episodes in the can to replace Reverie in the next few weeks, should it flop, which, given the concept, would not surprise me.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

If, in the future, I refer to something else as a "gratutious pool kissing scene," y'all will know what I mean, right?

Not sure I follow. There aren't any Timeless episodes in the can to replace Reverie in the next few weeks, should it flop, which, given the concept, would not surprise me.

I'm not thinking it would replace Reverie this summer. I'm thinking they have only one open slot for mid season next year and they are waiting to see if it looks like Reverie could, theoretically based on the pilot airing, get bigger numbers than Timeless next mid season before making a call on Timeless.

• Love 1

I'm just really confused- I was pretty sure that they would do a Friday Night Cancellation Dump- still nothing. This is so bizzare- are they trying to push it out so far so that we forget about it and they cancel it quietly? 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I'm just really confused- I was pretty sure that they would do a Friday Night Cancellation Dump- still nothing. This is so bizzare- are they trying to push it out so far so that we forget about it and they cancel it quietly? 

They can't be that dumb to think that we'll just forget about it.  How much more proof do they need that (1) this show's fans aren't going anywhere until we get official word, especially now that the writers are releasing deleted scenes that just ramp up the renewal fever that much more, and (2) the viewership is definitely there -- it just needs a decent timeslot and a more than half-assed effort at promotion to accomodate that viewership?

• Love 2
On 5/24/2018 at 8:58 AM, 3girlsforus said:

So I was checking out the NBC schedule that was released on ‘upfront’ day and there is a huge chunk over 2 days taken up by The Voice. I don’t watch that show but I didn’t think it was a full season type show (i.e. Sept - May). So what happens when The Voice is over? Did they release plans for what will be in that slot later? Could that be where Timeless could end up? 

Still think they are just dragging out the inevitable but I’m hoping for the best. 

The Voice runs 2 seasons every year. One from Sept to Dec and one from Feb to May. 

So it both is a "full season" type show, and it's not, because it runs 2 seasons in the same space most shows run 1. 

In any case, there isn't time for Timeless to take it's slot. 

2 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Agreed. This is puzzling. 

If they were waiting to announce the cancellation the best time would've been just before Memorial Weekend and yet here we are with no news. 

• Love 1

I like the theory that its renewal is tied to how Reverie does.

Its one of the few that makes sense at this point. 

4 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Second deleted scene.

It's short, but it explains exactly how and why Lucy is "Rittenhouse royalty" -- she's a direct descendant of David Rittenhouse himself!

Called it!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, bros402 said:

I like the theory that its renewal is tied to how Reverie does.

Its one of the few that makes sense at this point. 

Yes. It's tempting to think we are all Guinea pigs in a social media experiment to manipulate the collective consciousness into supporting the show, but more likely they are just waiting to see how Reverie fairs in its first week or two.
And meanwhile they can also see if the #renewTimeless enthusiasm starts to wane.

21 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

And meanwhile they can also see if the #renewTimeless enthusiasm starts to wane.

Doing my best to not let it! (to the annoyance of my twitter followers no doubt!)

(edited)

The show could easily be put in the first hour of prime time on Sundays, since that currently is shown as football on the Upfronts, and that ends with the end of the season.

I, for one, will not invest the time and energy into new shows on a network that has a show that is as good as Timeless and then cancelled.

Edited by Cuhulin
Clarity
  • Love 1

I'll be watching Reverie (and moderating the forum here) but I feel like it's a tougher sell, and none of the promos have really grabbed me yet. I think that IF it does come down to Reverie and Timeless, Timeless would win. They may not even be in competition, though... I guess we'll see. It is odd that there's been no announcement yet.

• Love 2
(edited)

The promo for "Reverie" does look intriguing and I liked the actress in "Person of Interest".  For sci-fi fans, both "Timeless" and "Reverie" could sound interesting.  But how presumptuous of these networks to think that viewers are willing to be burned again with shows they invest in which then get cancelled.  I avoided network serialized dramas for years after several bad experiences but I couldn't resist "Timeless" because I love time travel shows.  But it's reminding why I had stopped bothering with network dramas.  I'll PVR "Reverie" and then only watch it if it does fine in the ratings.  I had PVR'd "The Crossing" on ABC but I will basically have to delete it all without watching it because what's the point.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I think the premise for “Reverie” looks interesting as well but I’m probably not going to tune in mostly because I’m sure I’ll forget, lol. 

A bunch of years ago NBC showed Journeyman which lasted 13 episodes.  It was cancelled during the writers strike that year.  Since the writing was on the wall for that show when the last couple of episodes were being broadcast I decided to buy the episodes on iTunes.   Now I’m thinking about doing the same for Timeless.  I don’t watch a lot of network TV so Timeless was one of the rare exceptions and the only show I watched on NBC.  If they’re going to cancel another good show I like I might tune them out altogether.  

• Love 3

I'm not a Nielsen 'family' anyways, so my viewing number(s) don't really count per se...... but this is why I usually wait for shows to end their run or have been on a while and still are.  I loathe and despise finding a show I like and get into, only for it to be cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons, if not during the second (or even first!) season.

Network TV is uber frustrating.  I can not, nor will, ever watch reality shows (& 'games'), but they still pull in the viewership to get like 20+ seasons somehow.  While great little gems like Timeless, Limitless, Firefly, etc, get very little life and no network support.

Reminds me of (some of) my teenage years and seaQuest.  I really liked that show, and was crushed when it was cancelled in S3 and similarly to Firefly, that season was aired out of order a bit and there were some filmed but not shown episodes - not to mention (at least one) huge time gap in eppy airings.  [Granted, s3 of seaQuest wasn't its best, but I still liked the show]

Unlike most who post, I enjoy shows while they're on, but shrug off cancellations—maybe because I'm probably a decade or two older than most posters, and I didn't watch any TV from ages 14-44 (the end of the original Star Trek to the beginning of Roswell, LOL). When a show ends after a few seasons, the main characters are still like they were when we fell in love with them. But, yeah, Timeless could have a great third season.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

I think the premise for “Reverie” looks interesting as well but I’m probably not going to tune in mostly because I’m sure I’ll forget, lol. 

A bunch of years ago NBC showed Journeyman which lasted 13 episodes.  It was cancelled during the writers strike that year.  Since the writing was on the wall for that show when the last couple of episodes were being broadcast I decided to buy the episodes on iTunes.   Now I’m thinking about doing the same for Timeless.  I don’t watch a lot of network TV so Timeless was one of the rare exceptions and the only show I watched on NBC.  If they’re going to cancel another good show I like I might tune them out altogether.  

Journeyman was such a good concept.

That season had good shows - Pushing Daisies, Journeyman, Reaper

Wait, wasn't that the season that also had Kid Nation?

That was a bizarre reality show.

Anyway, I also think Reverie looks interesting, since I liked Sarah Shahi on Person of Interest, but yeah, it seems doomed due to having it premiere this late when it was announced as a midseason show at last years upfronts *and* it has had production issues

14 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Third deleted scene.  It's short but sweet, and the Lyatt shippers are already breaking Twitter with their reactions to it.

That's great. But what would be even more great is that the writers didn't create the most gross love triangle since Vampire Diaries one. Because they destroyed any desire for me ever to watch or rewtach the show because of that. Ugh.

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, legaleagle53 said:

They can't be that dumb to think that we'll just forget about it.  How much more proof do they need that (1) this show's fans aren't going anywhere until we get official word, especially now that the writers are releasing deleted scenes that just ramp up the renewal fever that much more, and (2) the viewership is definitely there -- it just needs a decent timeslot and a more than half-assed effort at promotion to accomodate that viewership?

Someone out there is SEVERELY underestimating US. We GO NOWHERE until a decision is made

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Hrmmm.

So do we know for sure who are the "Timeless Writers" who are tweeting from TheTimelessRoom? 

Not that it matters, but is it an intern on summer break after a first year of college?

Or is it Kripke?

Or...?

• Love 1
On 5/25/2018 at 9:49 PM, SiobhanJW said:

This is so bizzare- are they trying to push it out so far so that we forget about it and they cancel it quietly? 

I've really starting to think this might be their plan.  The folks that truly care will still protest.  But less committed folk who like and were buzzed over the cliffhanger may be less likely to notice and deluge them with protests along the lines of what went on last year.  I'll be more upset this year if they cancel than I was last year, although IIRC last year's season finale also rocked.  But two weeks ago I was googling status updates every few hours.  Then I started coming here once a day because it seemed a more efficient use of my time.  I've noticed this week that a day or two can go by before I think about it.  :-( 

21 minutes ago, Thalia said:

I've really starting to think this might be their plan.  The folks that truly care will still protest.  But less committed folk who like and were buzzed over the cliffhanger may be less likely to notice and deluge them with protests along the lines of what went on last year.  I'll be more upset this year if they cancel than I was last year, although IIRC last year's season finale also rocked.  But two weeks ago I was googling status updates every few hours.  Then I started coming here once a day because it seemed a more efficient use of my time.  I've noticed this week that a day or two can go by before I think about it.  :-( 

Please.  With these deleted scenes that are deliberately being released every day now?  This show's fans aren't going anywhere.  The scene I just posted the link to has already had over 7,000 views and nearly 1,100 retweets just in the last hour since it was released.  There's no way we'll just "forget about it and they can cancel it quietly," and NBC knows it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I guess I'm just a pessimistic realist, because I don't foresee good news on the Timeless info horizon, whenever said word is officially delivered. 

The longer this drags on, the more it "tells" me that NBC canned 'em & they're needing to shop it around - and so far, no takers.   That's just the 'feeling' I'm getting here.

......... or that could just be gas.  Who knows.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

I wish all the deleted scenes weren't mostly Lucy and Wyatt googly eyes. I liked it when Lucy kicked that dude, but I'm really not into the romantic parts of their story at this point. I guess they can only release footage they have, and I am actually glad they cut so much of the romantic ooze from the actual show. But it's hard for me to keep watching the clips when I don't care about the content. I AM continuing to watch them, because I want to keep their views up for the fading hope if a renewal. But... eh. It makes sense that most of them were deleted.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I guess I'm just a pessimistic realist, because I don't foresee good news on the Timeless info horizon, whenever said word is officially delivered. 

The longer this drags on, the more it "tells" me that NBC canned 'em & they're needing to shop it around - and so far, no takers.   That's just the 'feeling' I'm getting here.

......... or that could just be gas.  Who knows.

I have no idea what's going on, but I'm not sure why NBC would tell them it was cancelled for them to shop around and everyone would keep that quiet. That doesn't seem to be how this ever works. Most of the shows I've heard of that ended up somewhere else (or even were shopped and then didn't) were publicly cancelled first (including Brooklyn 99 and The Expanse, both this season). Wouldn't it make it easier to shop if everyone was aware it was cancelled, and you could also rely on fan/media publicity? And NBC wouldn't cancel it and then tell the show runners not to say anything.

To me, either NBC has decided to cancel it and is just putting off telling anyone (including those behind the show itself), or they haven't 100% decided yet. The former would seem weird to me (--plenty of popular shows have gotten cancelled, and networks deal with the fan backlash just fine). Why risk potentially damaging your position with the studio by putting it off so long?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I wish all the deleted scenes weren't mostly Lucy and Wyatt googly eyes. I liked it when Lucy kicked that dude, but I'm really not into the romantic parts of their story at this point. I guess they can only release footage they have, and I am actually glad they cut so much of the romantic ooze from the actual show. But it's hard for me to keep watching the clips when I don't care about the content. I AM continuing to watch them, because I want to keep their views up for the fading hope if a renewal. But... eh. It makes sense that most of them were deleted.

Yes. I also keep wondering if when Matt Lanter is gazing longingly at Abigail Spencer if he's really thinking, "I'm never gonna get cast again to play opposite such a high caliber actor," or maybe, "Damn. I better get some acting lessons."
Sorry.

• Love 3

To me, either NBC has decided to cancel it and is just putting off telling anyone (including those behind the show itself), or they haven't 100% decided yet. The former would seem weird to me (--plenty of popular shows have gotten cancelled, and networks deal with the fan backlash just fine). Why risk potentially damaging your position with the studio by putting it off so long?

Because if NBC is still considering another 10-episode order for next spring/early summer like they did with this season, then they're in no hurry. They don't need Sony to start filming right away if the show isn't going to air until next May. I'd like to know how long they've got, though, before the options on everyone's contracts expire. Maybe NBC doesn't even care about that. They might figure, heck, if they can't get back some of the original actors, no big deal, they'll just get other actors. Clearly NBC just doesn't care that much one way or the other. 

6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Because if NBC is still considering another 10-episode order for next spring/early summer like they did with this season, then they're in no hurry. They don't need Sony to start filming right away if the show isn't going to air until next May. I'd like to know how long they've got, though, before the options on everyone's contracts expire. Maybe NBC doesn't even care about that. They might figure, heck, if they can't get back some of the original actors, no big deal, they'll just get other actors. Clearly NBC just doesn't care that much one way or the other. 

I agree. NBC is in a perfect position. If they cancel it, well they don’t care and they really aren’t concerned about people being upset.  People have been upset before. If they decide they need a fill in, they have one that comes with a built in dedicated following. They feel no obligation to provide info or let Sony/actors/writers know what they are thinking or planning. 

• Love 1