Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

I was appalled that the girls weren’t told to stop playing with the chair in the doctor’s office. If they’d broken it, then no other patient could use that exam room for the rest of the day, which means fewer available rooms, a backlog of patients in the waiting room, patients being inconvenienced when they’d taken time off work or school to be there, to say nothing of the expense and inconvenience faced by the doctor’s office who’d have to fix the chair.  All because of t.v. star quints not being taught boundaries or manners? Oh hell no.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Hold up..I missed something..who spanked the puppy? The only growling I remember was in the vet office,  during shots...I thought the dr/assistant gave puppy treats to deflect the puppy mind of off the shots..

Fortunately,  they did not show the puppy being hit.  In one of the interviews with the kids,  production asked the girl with glasses if Beaux (?) is a bad puppy.   She replied "yes". Production asked why was he bad.  She replied "because mommy spanks him.".  

Of course,  I'm not there to witness anything but from my experience with puppies, and I've had at least 6 puppies in my lifetime that I have lovingly and successfully trained,  hitting the pup is not "training".   With all of those kids running around,  and from what we are shown,  they get quite loud,  I'm sure there is a lot of teasing of the puppy happening.   Add that to Danielle hitting the little thing,  he's learning to become aggressive.  

How stupid to bring a puppy into a rental home.   Oh,  wait,  they are setting us up to them buying this house.   The girls 'need'  a pool, plus they do not remember the old house.   How long have they been gone,  6 months?  

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 9
Spoiler

So now Danielle's company will use the show to publicize their overpriced workout wear?     And if you read about housebreaking puppies online, you feed them, and then 15 or 20 minutes later you take them outside for potty time, and reward them for going outside.   You don't spank an 8 week old puppy for pooping when your butt was too lazy to take him out.       I guess A & D, and TLC think people are too stupid to look at the house online, and see when they bought it.    They could do thinks according to the real time it happened, and lay off the phony drama.    Just have things happen when they occurred.   I hope the fights between A & D are put ons, because otherwise they're getting very close to Jon & Kate Gosselin territory of constant put downs. 

At the vet's office the tech put down a treat, and to distract from the thermometer, and shots the vet put spray cheese on the table, when Beaux was lifted up, he became very aggressive.    A food aggressive dog is not one to have near little kids who have no discipline.    They should have bought an adult dog, already trained, and used to kids.   It's not fair to the puppy to bring him into that house full of out of control kids.   And French Bulldogs are not safe in pools, but the Busbys think him 'swimming' is a good idea?   How long before he gets lets out, gets in the pool, and that's the end of him?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Hold up..I missed something..who spanked the puppy? 

37 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Fortunately,  they did not show the puppy being hit.  In one of the interviews with the kids,  production asked the girl with glasses if Beaux (?) is a bad puppy.   She replied "yes". Production asked why was he bad.  She replied "because mommy spanks him.".  

😥

image.png.1a62387b33a1a150b8cee06655ca1114.png

And I think TLC is starting to get an obsession about furnerals..not only in filming but in commercials...I could have sworn the network went from the happy go-lucky quints to a commercial showing pallbearers carrying a casket...

Don't miss the premiere of "My 90-Day 600-Pound Little Person Funeral!"

• LOL 10

I don’t understand why the parents aren’t more aware of Riley’s bullying of the other girls, especially Hazel.  She seems to take delight in it.  It’s obvious they’re proud of her ‘intelligence’ but they might want to work on her people skills.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, sATL said:

What is really going on with Danielle and Adam ? 

Danielle acts like she needs Adam home more than she did when the quints were little babies. I don't get what for exactly . I wonder has she asked another friend who has a large family (granted its not quints) how they cope day to day. His work trips need to be coordinated with the household schedule ? The only way that would make a little sense is to Adam to say something like "I will be gone the 2nd Monday and Tuesday of each month" - starting months from now.

Sidenote#1  - I am just about ready to call bullsh*t on this new job/company. What firm is that flexible and gives 2cents about the family of a brand new employee? First the offer is to come to dallas, then come to dallas for meetings, then the meetings move around birthday parties. If I was that mgr, I would be sorting through resumes .. " thank U , next..."...

I think Danielle needs to go to work or back to work (what was her profession again?) b/c she seems like she is aging backwards, at times. I guess being around a bunch of 4yrs will do that.

Adam had the nerve to walk into the house, full of guests and the "six kids" (so he couldn't get yelled at) with a puppy after the adult discussion b/w them about not getting a puppy? To quote Uncle Dale - "that's a dead man walking".

Sidenote #2: I take it the breed of the puppy is normally very friendly with children, right ?

some of the reruns in the morning are of the Jones' from Austin, TX with the quints. I can't think of the dads name but he lost his job, they had to sell the house and downsize, their show is canceled. Adam quits his job, D doesn't even want him to work, they upgrade to a massive house & what appears to be live off the show. How does TLC decide who or what to renew?

• Love 4
16 hours ago, seasons said:

God, those voices on those girls are so precious. Like angels.

I did notice that the one time we heard Blake (I refuse to misspell it like they do) talk tonight she was using a baby voice. Is she using that to compete with her sisters for attention?

17 hours ago, seasons said:

Please tell me the school owner didn't come into the room like that and put Riley on the spot in front of everyone. Not a fan of their philosophies.

No school should be allowing the filming of any students.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, seasons said:

also, the vet just happens to have dog training next door? How convenient for the vet.

PetSmart has vets, groomers and trainers all in the same vicinity on their stores.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I don’t understand why the parents aren’t more aware of Riley’s bullying of the other girls, especially Hazel.  She seems to take delight in it.  It’s obvious they’re proud of her ‘intelligence’ but they might want to work on her people skills.

I sure missed this. I was actually pleased to see Riley reaching out lovingly to her sisters on two occasions that I recall in this episode. When Parker was upset at the cake shop, Riley was very concerned and tried to interest her in talking about what cake she wanted. And when Hazel came home with the new glasses, it was Riley who declared they were "so pretty" and gave Hazel a hug and kiss.

As for Riley's intelligence, I agree that we haven't seen much to corroborate Adam's statement that her abilities are "astonishing." In comparison to some of the other girls, she does seem leaps and bounds ahead, though. One of the twins declared that 4 came after 2, while Riley was shown counting in the teens. She also recognizes letters, can spell short words, is able to sound out letters, is starting to write letters (and holds her writing implement correctly), and just generally seems to express herself in longer sentences.

I imagine she'll continue to build on those skills now that she's in kindergarten. I will say that the whole school thing seems weird, though. Why wait until so late in the year to move her up? Was it just a test run? If so, why not just wait until the last month or so of school? Maybe it had something to do with waiting until she was 4, but in one of Riley's talking heads, she said she was 3, and the youngest in her class, so it seems that she moved up before her birthday.

Also, the way Riley reacted when Randy came into her classroom was a bit concerning. Why was she prompted to hide when she saw Randy? Otherwise, she seemed to have the appropriate skill level for the worksheet they were doing, and she held her own both when the boy tried to take her spot and when she was playing hot potato with her classmates. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether she really is a whole year ahead of the others, at least academically.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

My friends who have a French bulldog and a pool put a doggie life jacket on the dog whenever the pool gate is open.  Those dogs are "front-heavy" and can drown easily.  From the looks on the girls' faces when Adam brought in the dog, it was obvious that they were expecting Danielle to blow up.  And she would have I'm sure if it hadn't been for the other people and cameras in the house.  I'd love to know what the conversation was like when Adam and Danielle were alone later.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I did notice that the one time we heard Blake (I refuse to misspell it like they do) talk tonight she was using a baby voice. Is she using that to compete with her sisters for attention?

I noticed that too, and thought it was one of the little girls. When I realized who it was, I said , “Why is Blake being so mealy-mouthed?” Also, if all this drama is contrived about Adam’s job, why would anyone want to show themselves in that kind of light? Good thing I’m not on a reality show because I would refuse to appear so debased.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

That's how her parents treat her.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

I noticed that too, and thought it was one of the little girls. When I realized who it was, I said , “Why is Blake being so mealy-mouthed?” Also, if all this drama is contrived about Adam’s job, why would anyone want to show themselves in that kind of light? Good thing I’m not on a reality show because I would refuse to appear so debased.

And, it's one thing if you want to portray your grown-ass self as a jerk on TV, but how depraved is it to portray your little children that way or force them to be uncomfortable on camera for money?  I've said it before, but if it was a matter of providing basics for their kids, I might find it necessary if they whored their kids out, but since we see that's not the case, I find them really repugnant.  It'd be great if they settled into obscurity and focused on parenting their kids.  What was cute and age-appropriate when the quints were younger, is no longer ok.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, readheaded said:
6 hours ago, druzy said:

How else will they hawk their eventual line of dogwear?  

And how much does a purebred French bulldog puppy cost? Didn’t think of the dogwear angle, but I can believe that....unless they buy Jen and Bill Klein’s dog store in Houston!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ehall1052 said:

And how much does a purebred French bulldog puppy cost? Didn’t think of the dogwear angle, but I can believe that....unless they buy Jen and Bill Klein’s dog store in Houston!

They're too lazy to run a store; that takes more effort than Instagram posing and product placement.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, seasons said:

Sorry, I'm getting  too involved tonight. Those girls are more than old enough to clean up the mess they made in the bathroom. If it was them and not the producers. No tv is fine but they need to learn to at least help clean up.

tapping out.

Where were their parents, even if they were up in the middle of the night, they would not have been silent doing that mischief. 🙄

• Love 5
22 hours ago, mmecorday said:

According to the closed captioning, the dog's name is spelled Beaux. Shouldn't it just be Beau? I mean, there's only one dog.

Shouldn't it be Bow if it's because the girls wear them in their hair?

9 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

some of the reruns in the morning are of the Jones' from Austin, TX with the quints. I can't think of the dads name but he lost his job, they had to sell the house and downsize, their show is canceled. Adam quits his job, D doesn't even want him to work, they upgrade to a massive house & what appears to be live off the show. How does TLC decide who or what to renew?

Ethan Jones. Due to a stomach bug , I too caught their show yesterday morning (Qunits by Surprise). I miss the Jones and their family . The episode where they traveled by air (southwest),train (Amtrak), car (somekind of van svc) to see their great-grandparents, who are in a living center in Iowa to see the quints for the 1st time,  just melts my heart. The great-grandfather had tears, as well as many of those in the facility.

When the Busby travel, they go to Hawaii. Probably flew in the next class higher than coach. Stayed in 5 star hotel accommodations. The Jones' stayed with a relative. Danielle had a migraine just trying to get to Canjun Christmas to see extended family,  and wound up missing the event. Life is too short to be missing opportunities to visit with aging relatives.

I too like how Ethan had a job setback, suffered thought the new house construction downfall , humbled himself to ask his parents to cosign on the smaller home loan, and built himself back up (he got his MBA ) . Adam got laid off and been floundering around ever since. Must be a Busby (Adam and Mimi) thing - they get laid off and crash - hard and long.

I also like how the Jones functioned day-to-day w/o extended family. Granted Dale/Nick/Ashley/Crystal/Mimi are good for a few laughs - but I really wonder how many days or crisises can Danielle function w/o calling upon them? 

Even thought I miss the Jones and their everyday hum-drum, I am glad they their quints were off the air when they were about 3. They didn't film potty training. They came back with a special on the 5 turn 5. This allowed the children some privacy and to be children. I sometimes peek at their facebook to keep up with them.

The Jones live in Austin - Danielle/TLC can't at least contact them and see how they function? that would make an interesting episode.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7

Some of the scenes checking the girls beds looked very re-enacted... you could see shirts or something under the girls nightgowns, like maybe they had just thrown them on over their clothes for the scene.

also, timeline on the dad bringing in the dog... Lots of people are already at the house setting up for the party, mom says she sent dad out on a quick errand and he’s been gone for hours... but the girls are in PJs and they’re discussing their breakfast 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I notice that Danielle talks annoying baby talk too - maybe Blake is getting confused, rightfully so.  I don't find any of the girls speak well for their age, even Riley.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

The Jones quints turned 10 years old in January this year.  It wasn't TLC, but the Jones' who decided to end the show after 1 year.  Casey and Ethan came very close to divorcing a few years ago, but decided to stay together.

I would imagine like any other network, TLC uses ratings along with a willingness of the participants to continue, to determine which shows stay on the air.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, sATL said:

Before I get too attached to Beaux- remind me  what happened to the bunny ? And will he get to travel?

They decided that the girls were too young for the bunny (Blayke wasn't), and he was given to a neighbor.  Adam said that the girls see Bun Bun often.

I have no doubt that Danielle knew about the puppy, and it was all just drama for the show.  The puppy needs to be crate trained though, It'll make housebreaking a whole lot easier.  Also, it seems so strange for such a young puppy to already be food aggressive.  It's too bad they didn't rescue a pup from a shelter, and give the money they paid for the puppy to the shelter. What a wasted opportunity.

I'm sick of hearing Danielle's whining about how put upon she is.  "Everything always falls on me!"  Shut up Danielle.  She complained that if Riley goes to K next year, she'll have to get Blayke to school, and Riley, then the little girls.  So what?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Am I the only one who thought the bed checking for the night time potty training was a bit too intimate for tv? Of all the girls, it was Parker who wet and she is the most sensitive of them all and now she's going to have that moment of her life on the internet forever. While wetting at night isn't a big deal, it's still an intimate situation that should have stayed off-air even if it was a one-off thing.

Concerning Riley, I find her way too emotionally immature for her to advance. I don't know how "advanced " intellectually she actually is but seeing her whine and about to throw a tantrum over that boy who took her spot for a quick second to look at a paper was embarrassing. They should definitely look into teaching her social ques and properly socialize her around older kids.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, etta said:

Am I the only one who thought the bed checking for the night time potty training was a bit too intimate for tv? Of all the girls, it was Parker who wet and she is the most sensitive of them all and now she's going to have that moment of her life on the internet forever. While wetting at night isn't a big deal, it's still an intimate situation that should have stayed off-air even if it was a one-off thing.

yep . parents over stepped their bounds on this one, nighttime "accidents" is a very private issue. 

I actually didn't know or even needed to know the girls wore pull-ups at night. TMI

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I think the Jones family pulled the plug, as did the Hamill family on “Our Little Family.”  Dan Hamill said on his Facebook account that they were unwilling to do what TLC wanted them to do to continue the show.  

Despite the many similarities in the situation with an older child and quints, there’s a definite contrast between the Jones family and the Busbys. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, etta said:

Concerning Riley, I find her way too emotionally immature for her to advance. I don't know how "advanced " intellectually she actually is but seeing her whine and about to throw a tantrum over that boy who took her spot for a quick second to look at a paper was embarrassing. They should definitely look into teaching her social ques and properly socialize her around older kids.

The bed thing also seemed overly competitive as there seemed to be a comparison of the girls against each other “Riri is dry, Hazel is dry”... that praise and calling out names made me really uncomfortable. Praise them for a clean washroom, something that is 100% in their control, talk about how it went (if they woke up during the night, etc.) and how they feel in the am but don’t check the beds in front of all of them and on tv.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Honey said:

The Jones quints turned 10 years old in January this year.  It wasn't TLC, but the Jones' who decided to end the show after 1 year.  Casey and Ethan came very close to divorcing a few years ago, but decided to stay together.

I would imagine like any other network, TLC uses ratings along with a willingness of the participants to continue, to determine which shows stay on the air.

I like the Jones' & like them even more now that I know this. Good for them on stopping the show and not letting it destroy their family, thanks for the info. 

• Love 6

I don't understand why Danielle doesn't make appointments, such as the vet, when the kids are in school.  I have three sons (now grown), but I always tried to schedule appointments on days they were in preschool.  Someone upthread asked why the quints weren't in school five days a week.  When my boys were young, the preschool they attended had a policy of letting kids attend only two days a week.  I don't know how it is in this day and age.

I think the quints are very smart and articulate.  However, I have never seen children cry so much as the quints.  I wonder if the girls have figured out crying is the best way to get attention from their parents?   The girls are out of control.  Adam and Danielle need to figure out a new form of discipline because time out isn't working, especially when the child (Riley) just walks away from time out.  Perhaps Danielle should give the quints a pop on their backsides to get their attention.  If A&D don't get this under control soon, they will be in for a rude awakening when the girls are teenagers.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I like the Jones' & like them even more now that I know this. Good for them on stopping the show and not letting it destroy their family, thanks for the info. 

@Honey yes, thank you!  I didn't see that post earlier in the thread (my apologies) before I posted the same.  The Jones parents have done a great job letting people see how the kids are growing (and how they each have different interests, etc.) without selling them out.  If you want to see them on Facebook, they're under JonesLife.

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, my3sons said:

I think the quints are very smart and articulate.  However, I have never seen children cry so much as the quints.  I wonder if the girls have figured out crying is the best way to get attention from their parents?   The girls are out of control.  Adam and Danielle need to figure out a new form of discipline because time out isn't working, especially when the child (Riley) just walks away from time out.  Perhaps Danielle should give the quints a pop on their backsides to get their attention.  If A&D don't get this under control soon, they will be in for a rude awakening when the girls are teenagers.

IMO the only thing spanking teaches a child is external control. Time out alone isn’t working, true, but these parents also need to talk to their children about why they went to time out instead of just sticking them in a corner and walking away while they are crying. I have only seen a few episodes but from what I have seen and from reading here, there seems to be such a lack of communication in this family between everyone. These children should be talked to about why their behaviour wasn’t acceptable instead of just being punished. They will associate their feelings of whatever caused their outburst with punishment and then may be fearful of those emotions in the future. They will never learn how to properly express their feelings of frustration or fear if they simply get punished instead of being talked to about those emotions and how they could properly express them in the future. 

These poor girls will forever have their potty training in television. In 10 years when they are in the awkward teenage years their peers will be easily able to find those clips. There’s having a show to support your family and then there’s having a show that exploits your family.  

• Love 5

The reason we see the nursery school, and the vet and dog trainer visit is because they get them free.       I also agree with the poster who said the production people made sure that the "Mommy spanked the puppy" aired can't stand Danielle.       It's not fair to the dog to get a little puppy that will always be a small dog, and turn the quints, and everyone else loose on him.       

I'm wondering who sold that puppy to the Busbys?    Most reputable breeders I know wouldn't sell to someone with that many little kids with a small, fragile breed like a French Bulldog.  Or did Adam go to a pet store, or a mass breeder?     Reputable breeders also would have worked with the puppies to make sure they were well socialized, and that would include not selling a food aggressive dog to someone with a bunch of kids that apparently eat 24/7.     Finding out how to properly, and humanely house train the puppy isn't difficult, but being a bully to a small animal that doesn't have muscle control yet is despicable.    

The parents will be riding the show gravy train for as long as TLC wants them.    I would like to thank whoever in the production office that showed Hazel's talking head about the puppy.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7

I know that Danielle is hearing it non stop about beating that poor puppy and she is pissed off that they showed that clip of Hazel when you know that they have hundreds of hours of other footage they could have shown. 

What really bothers me is the look on Hazels face when she says the Beaux is bad because Mama spanks him. She seems very uncomfortable as she says that sentence and the last thing you see her do is swallow like she has a big lump in her throat. Like Oh no Mama is gonna whip my ass too for ratting her out and/or she was going to start crying. Either way you can see that it bothers her.

I know that these parents feel overwhelmed but they did this to themselves and if they cant handle it then put a few oth them up for adoption. They would be better off in a smaller family that actually  knows how to discipline their kids.

This is like which comes first the chicken or the egg. Is Beaux a bad dog beacause that POS Danille spanks him or is it the other way around. I think her spanking will make him a bad dog an not the other way around. Thats how fighting dogs are created. Turn an otherwise nice dog into a killer by beating on it and driving it crazy with abuse. I think Danille created this problem with her beating the dod and that turned him agressive. I hope Beaux jumps up on Danielle and latches onto her lower lip like my nasty neighbors dog did to him after he spanked his puppy. It was so cool seeing that dog hanging off of his lower lip while he freaked out. Cost that neighbor of mine a lot of $$$ and 9 stitches to put him back together.

They are setting these poor girls up for a life of major reality checks as they get older. If they dont nip their behavior in the bud their will be a lot of bail and bonds in their future. Waffle houses, Meth, truck stops and prostitution. These kids are barely 4 and they cant act or speak properly. They still wet their beds, and have no social skills. They are going to have their hand full with all of the fights these girls will get into at school. I need to stop now. I could write a 200 page book on the mess that these kids are in for since they are being raised on national TV. 

I know that spanking kids these days is a more than touchy subject, but i am 49 and feel that I had a great childhood and 2 loving parents and never experienced any kind of abuse of any kind but I was raised knowing that my dad had a leather belt that would come out if any of the kids got out of line. Nothing that left any permanent marks, but we all felt it and feared it. I was also hit with a paddle in 4th 5th 6th and 7th grades. A Big 3 foot long 4 inch wide 1 inch thick wood paddle thet the school principal kept in his desk drawer. I deserved every one of those paddlings. I got it 17 times is what my mom told me. They would call my parents up to let them know what I did and I was being paddled for it and they always gave them the OK to paddle me and when I got home I got the Leather belt as well and then it was all over with until I did something Moronic again. I eventually learned no to act like a Moron again and I was no longer spanked or paddled.

On Adam's Insta Stories there are 2 clips with Riley. It seems like he is getting Riley to taunt Beaux. I think it will be up for a couple of more hours. Here is the link, I'm not sure if it will work. It may bring you to the second Riley clip. The clip I'm referencing starts with Adam telling Riley to get him (Beaux).

I think that this show will implode once Adam is spotted in another Dallas Gay bar on one of his "work" trips. 

I find it odd that the Pastor he met with in Nashville when he was felling Depressed was seeking out Adam so agressively. None of that was mentioned in any of the shows while it was going on. It was until the Pastor commited Suicide recently that Adam said that once they started talking online that the Pastor insisted that they meet up in Nashville. Thats a long way to go for a therapy session when we have all kinds of ways of communicating without having to be there in person. Like Skype and Facetime if you really need to see the person. The Pastor also didnt seem too excited to meet Danielle. I think he would have preferred to just see Adam minus Danielle and the camera crew. Plus Adam doesnt even find out that he isnt any kind of licensed or trained therapist until they meet in Nashville. You would think that would be one of the first things you would ask when someone offer you help with  something as serious as depression

Say what you want but I thought that whole situation was very odd and its very sad that he took his own life with a wife and 2 kids left to pick up his mess 

• Love 3

Can we please get the Hayes family from Table For 12 and keep the Klein's from The Little Couple on our television. Can Kate Gosselin and The Busby's go away and just live their lives. I think Adam Busby is an asshole who thinks the world revolves around him. I would have made him look at his kids and say I'm sorry I went behind your mothers back and went and got a dog that she made very clear we weren't ready for and got him without her permission so it is my fault that we are going to take the dog back. I would have made him take the dog with him on his "business trip". I miss the Hayes they had a family that even with a handicap child had parents that actually got along, had kids that knew how to generally behave, and were generally a normal family. They didn't go on huge luxurious vacations, they took their kids to normal outings like the zoo or the aquarium. I truly think that you can have a larger family and life not be as chaotic as these families make their lives out to be!  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm wondering who sold that puppy to the Busbys?    Most reputable breeders I know wouldn't sell to someone with that many little kids with a small, fragile breed like a French Bulldog.  Or did Adam go to a pet store, or a mass breeder?     Reputable breeders also would have worked with the puppies to make sure they were well socialized, and that would include not selling a food aggressive dog to someone with a bunch of kids that apparently eat 24/7.     Finding out how to properly, and humanely house train the puppy isn't difficult, but being a bully to a small animal that doesn't have muscle control yet is despicable.  

A reputable breeder would have insisted that the dog "meet" the entire family, so they all had the opportunity to interact with the dog before making a final decision. Reputable breeders don't participate in using dogs as surprise gifts.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Honey said:

I'm sick of hearing Danielle's whining about how put upon she is.  "Everything always falls on me!"  Shut up Danielle. 

She is the perpetual martyr. She keeps making threats about not accepting any more responsibility then she does it anyway. She should have followed through on Adam being fully responsible for the dog. When he went to Dallas, she should have told him to take the dog with him or take him to a kennel. She also should have rescheduled the vet visit for a day Adam was there to take him. As long as she keeps giving in, she is never going to get anyone to take her seriously when she says she doesn't want to take on any more crap.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, etta said:

I totally agree.  It is as if they think they can "shame" the kids into not wetting the bed at night.  Many times,  it's a medical issue.  I remember when I was around 8-9 years old,  we had a neighbor with 5 kids,  all under 8.  I remember one of them,  who was probably between 4-6 years old,  would sometimes wet the bed.  Dad would spank her! in the morning,  then set her in the driveway with the wet sheets holding a sign "I wet the bed again last night". This was an affluent northern suburb in Chicago,  Northbrook.  We were renting a house there while ours was being built. I wonder what ever became of them. But,  the other thing that bothers me and I've mentioned this here before, is when they show the one girl who picks her nose and eats it!  They showed it again the other night,  parents think it's funny, dad even commented 'she must have a great immune system because she does it all the time's, as they showed her doing it.   I know kids do things but they need to be taught what is socially acceptable.  

8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The reason we see the nursery school, and the vet and dog trainer visit is because they get them free.       I also agree with the poster who said the production people made sure that the "Mommy spanked the puppy" aired can't stand Danielle.       It's not fair to the dog to get a little puppy that will always be a small dog, and turn the quints, and everyone else loose on him.       

The parents will be riding the show gravy train for as long as TLC wants them.    I would like to thank whoever in the production office that showed Hazel's talking head about the puppy.   

Yes!  I have a small,  fragile breed,  a Havanese.  They are great with kids but they are so fragile, they actually recommend waiting until the puppy is 10-12 weeks before separating them and advise to be careful with homes with small children,  I'm sure especially 5 small children!  That poor puppy!

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 5

It’s generally normal that multiples are a little more behind development-wise. I know it’s their decision, but I don’t really get why they skipped Riley ahead a year either. I feel four is a bit too early to “skip” a child right to kindergarten. Most kids skip grades sometime between kindergarten and fourth, not before they’ve even been enrolled in school full-time. I don’t have a problem at all with them choosing to move her up a grade ( wicked witch Kate gosselin forced all her 6 to stay in the same grade and held them back a year so they won’t graduate H.S. until 19) but it would make sense if they at least waited a bit to get a better feel of how advanced she is, if she supposedly is that advanced (based solely on that flashcards test they took). Riley is definitely the most articulate and outspoken of the quints but their abilities can and most likely will change as they grow older. Riley may not still be the “smart one” come middle school.

Agreed that they will be probably on TLC as long as they can. These exploited kids will grow up not knowing much different than the constant cameras and lavish made-for-TV vacations. Poor Parker already seems over it all. Ugh, don’t even get me started on Adam getting a puppy. I miss the Hayes too, they were so normal. Good for them though that they cut ties.

• Love 8

and here we go again... "My sisters and I are going to start a business!"

"What business?

"I don't know. A business!"

That's great.  Good plan.  How long will this one last?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lesia said:

and here we go again... "My sisters and I are going to start a business!"

"What business?

"I don't know. A business!"

That's great.  Good plan.  How long will this one last?

I really wish someone would tell me what is wrong with these women getting a 9-5 like alot of people do. not everyone is cut out to be a business owner.

Hell - given the "six" kids she will have in the elementary school in 2 years - that would be the 1st place I would call. I know  Danielle can be of some use there.

And what does her sister do now?  Her sister had the nerve to compare the husbands working together . Yeah but the husbands already worked with a profitable and most like existing business.

Danielle sounded like a fool when she said "my sisters and I are going to start a business".

the BLACK eye makeup on the sister... ummmm... no. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 10/1/2019 at 9:26 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet it's like last season's coloring on the walls, way higher than the girls could reach in the closet and bathroom.    Shenanigans again.  

A food aggressive dog around six kids that are always running around with food in their hands, never listen to any discipline, is a recipe for disaster.   Why didn't the fool Adam get an adult dog, already house trained, and one that won't get hurt when the girls fight over him?  

What a selfish little weasel Adam is.  

I don’t believe for one minute that Danielle didn’t help pick out the dog.  

• Love 16