Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, ingenting said:

If Lisa really keeps to herself out of British middle class propriety, she's totally forgetting the "don't ask" part of don't ask, don't tell. 

Bingo! I totally understand if Lisa did not want to talk about painful stuff from decades ago. I totally disagree that it's necessary to talk about hurtful things in order bond and build friendships. It's just that she doesn't always show empathy for the other women and repeatedly dares them to ask her "anything" after she has probed too much. Asking how the women's husbands are in the sack, "affairs," serious family issues, the children, cheating rumors, those are all touchy subjects for the other women but she doesn't care. 

As for whether or not she's being truthful about the abuse, I don't know. There are times Lisa doesn't seem as honest and open as she likes to portray imo. However, just because she once said she hadn't experienced it doesn't mean she's lying. I have lied about not going through certain things just because in the moment I was uncomfortable discussing everything. And it's possible she truly did shove that time of her life out of her mind because it was too painful and so many years ago. She's been with Ken almost her entire adult life. 

I think what hurt Eileen is the lack of empathy. I'm one who thinks Lisa sounded almost judgmental in her blog. Like "sorry, you went through that but why discuss it? It's pointless to talk about, not good juice for the show! I've been through abuse myself but don't talk about it!"

I understand that Eileen brought up her past sort of randomly, but I agree that it does help other women not feel so ashamed of going through domestic violence and helps get to know Eileen better. I am sure a lot of people were surprised that a beautiful, successful woman like Eileen who most men would kill to be with had been with such abusive men. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, homeperm said:

I agree. Adam Conover is freakishly smart. I've always liked the show, but then I heard him on WTF with Marc Maron, and I realized that he isn't just a host, he's the brains of the show. He is an incredible thinker.

Off topic, but I find Marc Maron strangely attractive. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BigMamaThorton said:

Few quick thoughts....

Suggesting that LVP sharing what was obviously a difficult period of her life with anyone on camera is the same as electing to dismiss any/all opportunity to grow closer to ED is rather like suggesting that a philandering husband failing to notify his wife the circumstances of his, and by association her, acquisition of syphyllis was a deliberate and failed opportunity to grow closer as a couple.  These fucking women.  Here's the situation, sweet pea:  Kyle knows, without benefit of cameras or expectation or manipulation, but by virtue of the trust and comaraderie developed between two people who have chosen to share their secrets.  You, ED, are not included in that trust circle because your expectations are overreaching, myopic and your entitlement to such is neither earned nor warranted.  I find it fantastically arrogant that you, and for that matter, all the other crones screeching their two cents, truly believe that a friendship with you, defined by you is worth any revelation which leaves the speaker vulnerable.  Clearly, that circumstance is reserved for Kyle, and with Kyle is should remain however much time and energy each of you shrill harpies spend on spewing alternative perspectives and righteous indignation.

Mortified?  Really, LR & ED?  I can only imagine how equally mortified you might find yourselves should you discover that neither of your spouses would be moved enough to defend you either way re: another cast member's interpretation of you, or names by which you have been identified.  Be mortified by the face each adopts when forced into conversations with either of you as the loose translation of such is, "What the actual fuck is she talking about, and why am I expected to give two shits?"  

Erika--I see you, girl.  Not having you for a nanosecond.

BAM!!! You nailed it.

• Love 4

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Brandi pick up a stranger in Amsterdam and F*CK him the next two nights as she let us all know at the Reunion?  IIRC when LVP said the young man said he didn't do the deed, Brandi went off the deep end and accused LVP of wanting to F*CK him.  http://pagesix.com/2016/05/05/brandi-glanville-is-not-sleeping-with-anyone/  Hard to believe when Brandi tweets about getting hickies from her uber driver that people might jump to the conclusion she puts out.  Oh and I think she wrote a book or two with the tales of her sexual prowess. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, homeperm said:

Mmm. Seems to me it came pretty organically from the discussion regarding Brandi's appearance on Reunion P3. If I were to complain, I'd complain about my own post re having a flat ass.

I am anxiously awaiting the flat ass awards ceremony.  Maybe a gala. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

How about a banner and a parade?

Oops, sorry, that's if we were talking RHONY

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

No need to be anxious, Zoeysmom. I'll tell you how it ends. After many presenters give tear filled speeches about my struggle with a flat ass I will speak about all of the cures I've tried over the years, including stuffing my underwear with bubble wrap, (not recommended.) Then I will break down and describe the many people I saw at the Flat Ass Clinic who were living down by the river, hoping for a cure. They didn't even have vans, just bicycles and rafts. You will feel terrible after you realize their plight. Then you will repent at my feet.

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am 'assuming' it's going to happen at the 'crack' of dawn. Right about the time when 'Uranus' is in retrograde. No if's, and's or 'butts' about it.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

I am 'assuming' it's going to happen at the 'crack' of dawn. Right about the time when 'Uranus' is in retrograde. No if's, and's or 'butts' about it.

The host is going to be Phil McCracken.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, homeperm said:

The host is going to be Phil McCracken.

Instead of a red carpet they can lay out some Ass-troturf for the attendees to walk?

And what to eat? Flank steak, ass-paragus, and Ass-ti Spumanti for the toasts? 

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Instead of a red carpet they can lay out some Ass-troturf for the attendees to walk?

And what to eat? Flank steak, ass-paragus, and Ass-ti Spumanti for the toasts? 

What no rump roast?

• Love 11
On 5/5/2016 at 2:47 PM, ryebread said:

I understand LVP not wanting to discuss her DV on TV but with so many of them being victims it would have made a much better storyline and possible public service announcement than the Munchausen, had they all chose to make it one.

One major problem talking about DV when it comes to public figures,  the audience and the court of public opinion  who watches will determine if they believes you or not.   I see why LVP didn't want to discuss it,  unlike Eileen who talked about hers to get a layer of sympathy and fill in for her lack of a storyline this season. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Gotta tell ya, WireWrap, I'm just not feelin' the association between The Regurgitated Brandi Files from years ago and her R:S3 cameo -- but, hey, agree to disagree, shall we?

I understand what you mean. LOL I guess this came up because Brandi is referring to the Amsterdam trip in her tweet about Lisa lying about the DV to Andy at the reunion. This was her tweet after watching the reunion part 3...........

Brandi Glanville ‏@BrandiGlanville May 4

I seem to remember after I live tapped LVP that she claimed NO-ONE in her life had EVER touched her in that way... @Andy @Bravo It's on film

So, I see the tie in. LOL But I agree to disagree.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

Lisa did not Mock Eileen in her blog. Not once. Here is all she said in her blog in relation to Eileen (very randoml sharing her abuse story (and it was random it seemingly came out of nowhere): 

Nothing in that statement mocks Eileen. It only provides a different perspective from someone who had a similar experience and how she chose to cope with it. 

This is clearly a matter of opinion.  LVP is questioning Eileen's decision to share her history.      Something that LVP and her supporters have stressed, is it is every victim's choice to share or not share their abuse.  LVP didn't feel comfortable sharing her alleged abuse in the moment, but felt comfortable hauling it out to cast doubt on Eileen's own decision - questioning the relevance of Eileen's abuse. It's a bitch move.  The "redundancy" of Eileen discussing her abuse is not for LVP to determine or label.  That would be a DV victim questioning another DV victim's handling of their abuse.  Something that ten pages in this thread have criticized.  Surely it's not only wrong when the DV victim is LVP. 

I'm through with the topic, as I've already made my opinion clear.  I just wanted to respond as you specifically quoted my words.  To avoid becoming repetitive, I won't comment on this matter any further. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

One major problem talking about DV when it comes to public figures,  the audience and the court of public opinion  who watches will determine if they believes you or not.   I see why LVP didn't want to discuss it,  unlike Eileen who talked about hers to get a layer of sympathy and fill in for her lack of a storyline this season. 

Another thing I thought of, regarding why LVP may not have wanted to bring this up and into a public arena~~perhaps she just doesn't want people to know, as is her right.  And, given the fact that LVP is British--the British tabloids are absolutely ruthless, unscrupulous and often, less than truthful (have any of you looked at any online "reports" from the Daily Mail?? - and that is considered one of the "better" tabloids), maybe she didn't want the tabloids and gossip magazines in the UK searching out her former boyfriends, and past friends and acquaintances for comments or backstory.  

I personally feel that what is in her past is none of our business, until LVP makes it our business.  I feel like she was forced to do that during the reunion by Eileen.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6

If LVP didn't want to share her experience with DV at that dinner, that's her choice and that's fine with me.  And I don't think anyone 'expected' or 'demanded' her to do so. I think the problem with LVP in that instance, she chose to share nothing.  Her choice to share the pressure of her life in the past six months was 'nothing'.  Sorry, but that's how I saw it.  She could have talked about her fear about her adopted son finding his parents and the fear on what he would go through emotionally.  She discussed it before I know.  But that would have come from the heart.  She can't do that when in person with other people.  She can only do that when it when it's just the cameras or Ken is there.  Lisa has a very big emotional wall around her when it comes to her vulnerability.  Kyle is right about that.  Sorry, I'm rambling because I don't exactly know how explain it but it's something I see.

And her talking about her own experience after the fact just seems a bit calculated.  Why talk about it at all after the fact? 

• Love 6

How many times did Lisa say "Ask me anything"? (That was shown multiple times to multiple people). It came across each time as almost a dare, as if in a confrontational manner. Andy is pissed or he wouldn't have allowed the Ice Queen to be questioned;  the Ken being nasty to women without husbands, after all, they are the lowest human form and must be defended, fake lawsuits and all, etc. Lisa's annual contract tactics "I might quit, it's not worth it" are no longer fun for Andy. Scheanna has a habit, Jax is oilier, Stassi left & called out Queenie, everyone realized it should be "Todd Rules". I wished Eileen had asked Lisa "so, how does it feel being sued by employees? Was Ken or you the abusive one/" (Do you still beat your wife? No good answer.)

• Love 7

I think it was a big mistake for Lisa to bring up DV in her blog. It's an even bigger mistake for Brandi to question Lisa experience with DV. I saw that Lisa tweeted that she had been choked  and bruised which of course makes Brandi look like an ass. 

I saw that evolution media tweeted that this season brought in the second highest ratings for this franchise which is good and bad. Good to know that the show doesn't need Brandi to bring drama, bad if they think this season is what the viewers want to see.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, homeperm said:

I volunteer at an all-volunteer wildlife center. There is no way the volunteers could fund it all on our own. We wouldn't even be able to volunteer without the community donations. I am so grateful to the people that donate money. I have one recommendation for your shelter. For the people that want to donate items, have a wishlist online. We have an Amazon wishlist as well. As you already know, shelters have bills to pay and meds to buy. Cash really is best because then we have it on-hand when the bills come in.

That said, I'd love to know what the Global Lyme Alliance spends 3.5 million dollars on? 

http://globallymealliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/LRA-990-Ending-8-31-14-without-donor-names-1.pdf

I am with you about donations.  I've gone through donations given to a domestic violence shelter and it is appalling what people donate.  It's as if they are unable to throw something away so they donate.  I'm talking about used underwear with holes, raggedy/stained clothing, etc.   If it is stained, damaged, or worn, don't donate it.  It's a burden on a facility to do the job of throwing away things people should have thrown away themselves.  And, no, people do not have to be grateful for this kind of shabby charity.

• Love 11

On the topic of sharing abuse or trauma stories to be closer to someone:  I do not share stories like this, 1. because it's not a current issue; 2. given the information, even the best people tell other people, and it's my story to talk about and not for others to hash over, 3. it's boring for me to talk about because I've already talked about it as much as I need to and telling bits and pieces isn't the whole story and the whole story can't really be told concisely and it doesn't help anyone else to hear it.  So, I'm totally on LisaV's side on this one.  Feeling close to people isn't about sharing these sorts of things.  And as far as being vulnerable, it seems to me that LisaV has a self deprecating sense of humor and doesn't mind good natured teasing.  

Clearly Eileen doesn't like her relationship with her husband being called "an affair" and  probably it's because to her it seems to cheapen the seriousness of the relationship and is a bit insulting (even if true).   But for some damn reason, Eileen couldn't explain that to LisaV, and so LisaV was bewildered.  If she had said, "Is that when the romance started?" maybe Eileen wouldn't have been so upset.  But really "dog with a bone" is a perfect description of Eileen.  She could have just said, this is why it upsets me.  This demanding of apologies is so odd.   Also I thought when Eileen said "I'm sorry" to LisaV, it sounded completely insincere.   I thought LIsaV did a good job in refraining from pointing that out.  A facile "I'm sorry" is not an apology.  In fact, it can be sarcasm.

• Love 13

When LVP was on her second apology she said to Eileen something to the effect I'm sorry to ask about your life, I always thought of you and Vince ..then Elieen cuts her off with " it's not my whole life , just part of my life". I wish she had just allowed LVP to finish her thought perhaps this whole mess could have been avoided.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Satchels of gold said:

When LVP was on her second apology she said to Eileen something to the effect I'm sorry to ask about your life, I always thought of you and Vince ..then Elieen cuts her off with " it's not my whole life , just part of my life". I wish she had just allowed LVP to finish her thought perhaps this whole mess could have been avoided.

At this point I don't think anything Lisa could have/should have said to her, by way of an apology, would have made a difference to Eileen. I think she, Eileen, saw an opportunity to give herself a storyline without having to reveal anything that goes on in her real day to day life.

• Love 12

Such a snoozefest. The whole 3 parts. Can't say I watched it all, maybe I was just "listening" part of the time. Put me right to sleep. Not sure WHY we were subjected to that idiot Brandi (all by herself!) and really, who gives a shit about what she says anyway??

I too suffer from the "No Ass Syndrome" and loved all the comments upthread!  I will be anxiously awaiting my invitation to the Gala!! LOL!!

• Love 7
(edited)

I just got off the phone and everyone attending the NAG is going to be over the moon! Attendees will be arriving in style for the inaugural Gala.

The same people who arrange the cars for James Bond have stepped up.

Ass-ton Martin has generously donated a fleet of cars for the red carpet arrivals.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, CriticalMass said:

How many times did Lisa say "Ask me anything"? (That was shown multiple times to multiple people). It came across each time as almost a dare, as if in a confrontational manner. Andy is pissed or he wouldn't have allowed the Ice Queen to be questioned;  the Ken being nasty to women without husbands, after all, they are the lowest human form and must be defended, fake lawsuits and all, etc. Lisa's annual contract tactics "I might quit, it's not worth it" are no longer fun for Andy. Scheanna has a habit, Jax is oilier, Stassi left & called out Queenie, everyone realized it should be "Todd Rules". I wished Eileen had asked Lisa "so, how does it feel being sued by employees? Was Ken or you the abusive one/" (Do you still beat your wife? No good answer.)

And if you do take up that dare you are met with the "I can't believe YOU are asking me that" attitude?

One of the 'lost outtakes' in next weeks show is KT getting botoxed. Lisa says, "Ken is getting botox, like it or not" with a cut to Ken in the chair complaining about it. Now, There is NO FUCKING WAY that I am going to get needles stuck in my face - for love, sex, money. I'd rather be poor, alone and celibate than to let my wife peer pressure me into shit like that. Nope, no way, no how.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

You barely feel it!  It is just a tiny prick!

Having to get blood taken for every doctor's appointment in the last 8 months, I have had more pricks than a ten dollar whore, Sorry.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Satchels of gold said:

I saw that evolution media tweeted that this season brought in the second highest ratings for this franchise which is good and bad. Good to know that the show doesn't need Brandi to bring drama, bad if they think this season is what the viewers want to see.

Oh shit... Yolanda is going to be thinking she's the star of the show all because of her storyline ???

• Love 6
5 hours ago, wings707 said:

You barely feel it!  It is just a tiny prick!

No one? Seriously?

(I have really got to stop being 11 years old.)

• Love 8

NAG cracks me up. ( shakes fist to the sky) damn you Kim Kardashian !! 

Thank  you fellow sufferers for sharing your " journey". Stay strong. #mypantswontstayup 

I'm looking foward to the lost footage episode. That's usually just fun stuff which I enjoy the most. i know that Andy thinks we love drama but I really do enjoy when everyone gets along. 

• Love 6
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

NAG cracks me up. ( shakes fist to the sky) damn you Kim Kardashian !! 

Thank  you fellow sufferers for sharing your " journey". Stay strong. #mypantswontstayup 

I'm looking foward to the lost footage episode. That's usually just fun stuff which I enjoy the most. i know that Andy thinks we love drama but I really do enjoy when everyone gets along. 

You crack me up! It's so true about pants not staying up. Maybe our symbol can be a ridiculously cinched belt a la the white robe. Also, I feel like we may have missed an opportunity to use the word invisible. Maybe ElDosEquis can figure it out. 

Edited by homeperm
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jel said:

No one? Seriously?

(I have really got to stop being 11 years old.)

Probably 3 tiny pricks for forehead.  I only had it done twice.   Too expensive to keep up every 5 months.   If you thought it more than just this you may have it confused with fillers (restylane), that looks like it is more extensive.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Satchels of gold said:

Yes, I had forgotten that.  Everyone cut LVP off and it was frustrating.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Satchels of gold said:

And Eileen's comment was a stupid one. Lisa didn't say she was asking about Eileen's "whole life". No one assumes that if you say your asking about someone's life that you're asking about every aspect of it and Lisa didn't seem to be implying that in any way. Eileen was making something out of nothing.

3 hours ago, Satchels of gold said:

Unfortunately it's not true of the general audience. The lost footage/secrets revealed episode has been the lowest rated episode every season aside from season 1 which leads the producers to believe that what we want is more drama.

• Love 5
On 5/7/2016 at 10:04 PM, homeperm said:

No need to be anxious, Zoeysmom. I'll tell you how it ends. After many presenters give tear filled speeches about my struggle with a flat ass I will speak about all of the cures I've tried over the years, including stuffing my underwear with bubble wrap, (not recommended.) Then I will break down and describe the many people I saw at the Flat Ass Clinic who were living down by the river, hoping for a cure. They didn't even have vans, just bicycles and rafts. You will feel terrible after you realize their plight. Then you will repent at my feet.

I will show up and donate from my own ass budget to all of you needy folks ;)

As far as LVP and the DV conversation - you all know I am a Yo hater, but I think the same standard should apply to LVP as applies to the Lyme/kids' Lyme- if you put it out there, it will get comments, both from others on the show and from viewers.

• Love 6
(edited)

Is anyone else watching the Sneak Peek?   The unseen footage is pretty good, well, almost.    So, YO goes to a acupuncturist/chiropracter.  He can magically tell if the medicines she's taking are needed by her holding the container!  No Shi#.   He calmly says, no, yes, no, yes, all the while Daisy is busy keeping track.   Ok, that's some BS.   Ken gets Botox.  Erika rehearses with her "guys". . . yeah, the trials and stress of her "career".    LisaR wants her daughter to be a model (what a shock).   Erika's husband meets Gigi for the first time and looks creepy (weren't they supposed to be good friends???).  Porsha charges a bunch of money - and I mean a bunch on an app she downloads.     I think Eileen wants to be Erika.   All in all, it was much better than the rest of the season. 

ETA:  No Eileen is so far up Erika's ass it's unbelievable.  Which explains alot.

Edited by notnowimbusy
  • Love 7

I think a big reason why the Secrets Revealed or Lost Footage episode gets low ratings is because people don't remember to watch it.  The season is over.  If not for my DVR, many times I would entirely forget.  Too bad because so many times they are very enjoyable.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/7/2016 at 9:55 PM, zoeysmom said:

I am anxiously awaiting the flat ass awards ceremony. 

Wish I could come, but I suffer from the opposite problem -- Haunchausen : )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12

Oh please....a flat ass is nothing.  Having your stomach stick out farther than your ass does, now that's a tragedy.  I've been struggling on this journey for 15 years. And yes, one of my sons has it, too. Which is why I am the face (ass, stomach, face?) for the Ass Backward Foundation.  Together we will find a cure!  

• Love 17
14 hours ago, homeperm said:

You crack me up! It's so true about pants not staying up. Maybe our symbol can be a ridiculously cinched belt a la the white robe. Also, I feel like we may have missed an opportunity to use the word invisible. Maybe ElDosEquis can figure it out. 

I nominate Taylor Swift as our celebrity spokesperson. 

• Love 3

I remember a housemate from I think an early season (now they probably don't care) of Big Brother who said if they didn't want a scene used they would toss a lot of "f*cks" into the conversation. Eileen should have just said something like, thanks but no thanks I don't want that as part of my story to shut LVP down. Pointing that out would have made tptb unhappy and messed up Lisa's heavy handed attempt to create a story. I always thought LVP handed Brandi storylines that Brandi should have been happy about until she wasn't. LVP does this quite a bit with many cast members and it usually doesn't work so I'm surprised she keeps doing it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bluedog100 said:

Oh please....a flat ass is nothing.  Having your stomach stick out farther than your ass does, now that's a tragedy.  I've been struggling on this journey for 15 years. And yes, one of my sons has it, too. Which is why I am the face (ass, stomach, face?) for the Ass Backward Foundation.  Together we will find a cure!  

Are you impugning my integrity as a woman? I need you to understand my struggle. Just because you can't see my pain doesn't mean it isn't real. I have been on this journey for almost 50 years and there were days when I didn't know if I could go on. Open your heart and be my guest at the gala. You will learn nothing, but you will understand.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, homeperm said:

Well, The NA Gala WILL be invisible if we hold it on the dark side of the 'moon'?

• Love 4
23 hours ago, WireWrap said:

At this point I don't think anything Lisa could have/should have said to her, by way of an apology, would have made a difference to Eileen. I think she, Eileen, saw an opportunity to give herself a storyline without having to reveal anything that goes on in her real day to day life.

I agree. It's a tired tactic of a lot of hw's across all franchises.

• Love 6