Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Except that we have heard Mauricio call a HW names, he called Brandi names and let Kyle know that he really didn't want her around in very clear terms/words.

Add to that, Camille was his real estate client at the time, so there's motive for him to want Kyle to smooth things over.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, FanOfTheFans said:

Oh yes, the other thing I wanted to comment about was the shaming for not sharing domestic abuse ordeal. Women often don't share as they get judged more harshly than the abusers. It is a humiliating experience. To each their own on that one but no one has a right to judge. 

You're absolutely right.  And I would assume that works both ways?  There should be no shaming when a woman chooses to share her experience.  Which makes LVP's decision to use her blog to mock Eileen's sharing her experience ........ something.  I'm not quite sure what to call a woman who claims to have experienced domestic abuse, yet mocks another woman's story of abuse.

Keep your abuse a secret from the world, I could care less.  It's when you use the abuse - something that was so absolutely horrifying you cannot bring it up, even to bond with the other woman - to score points against another abuse victim.  I find it a little offensive, truthfully. 

• Love 6

Calling someone a "fucking stupid bitch" behind closed doors, where the "fucking stupid bitch" will never know it was ever said, is far different from saying it in front of tv cameras, where the "fucking stupid bitch" is certain to end up seeing it and be offended.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mozelle said:

But it wasn't caught on camera. This isn't a situation of a hot mic picking up someone whispering to another person. Ken has been in this thing--whether on the periphery or sometimes caught up in full center--for six seasons. He's not naive to who these people are standing on his lawn holding a boom mic above his head, a large camera in his face, and a mic pack clipped to his back. He's well aware that what he says may make it to air.

It doesn't help that LVP cackles with glee as Ken goes on a tear against a woman, much like the way she did when Brandi went on her racist rant against Joyce.

I'm also wondering what horrific attack against his wife triggered the bitchy comments about Kyle not appreciating style enough to wear a dress of LVP's?  Poor thing that Ken.  How misunderstood he is when he's really just a prince of a man, seeking to be a knight in shining armor for his poor damsel in distress. 

1 hour ago, Satchels of gold said:

I was the poster who wanted to send my husband to the Ken Todd school of outrage. So I'm not even  going to pretend he was right or caught in a moment unaware but I freakin loved it. If that had been at my house the conversation would have transpired as follows.

me: ( you can choose to give me a British accent if it helps.) Lisa Rinna was awful to me on the trip.

hubby: what did you do? Cmon you know how you can be. 

See? That is no fun.

Perhaps it's not fun, but it also doesn't enable someone into believing themselves a weak fragile flower, either.  Isn't your spouse the one person you should depend on to keep it real?  I would take someone caring enough about me to give me a true opinion, over a sycophant who tells me my farts are perfect pink roses.

Isn't this the first reunion in a long time, if not ever, in which the husbands didn't sit on stage?  I wonder if there's some tension there.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Except that we have heard Mauricio call a HW names, he called Brandi names and let Kyle know that he really didn't want her around in very clear terms/words. We also heard Paul call Brandi names to her face as well as behind her back so Ken isn't the only husband to have his wife's back in this manner.

My late father defended my mother in much the same way Ken does Lisa and my husband has been known to defend me in that manner as well. Ken said that he advised Lisa to keep her distance from Rinna after Amsterdam last season because he saw something about her he didn't like/trust so he has made his feelings know in private as well.

My memory is probably shot then. What names did Mauricio call Brandi? As far as Paul goes, I'm certainly not holding him to some grand standard of defense. I thought his name calling of Brandi was awful, just the same way I think that Ken's name calling of women who is wife is in conflict with awful.

17 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

Add to that, Camille was his real estate client at the time, so there's motive for him to want Kyle to smooth things over.

Right. And I also added in the example, as a response to the poster who said her husband would immediately blame her with "Well, you know how you are," that while Mauricio urged Kyle to smooth things over with Camille, he also didn't throw Kyle under the bus. He said to her that this conflict didn't sound like her at all. The larger point that I was making is that I think Mauricio is the middle ground. I'm not cheering on any Ken-style or Paul-style display of calling a HW out her name. It's gross in my opinion. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

In the case of Kyle and Camille-Mauricio advice was good-client or not, they are all now good friends.  Camille used Yolanda's date to her fundraiser as her realtor-and it took him almost four years to sell Camille's house.  So I don't think it was just based on a business deal.  Mauricio also encouraged Kyle to make up with Kim.

I posted a story today overon the media thread  where Camille claim she suffers from PTSD and Kelsey physically and emotionally abused her.  I think Camille made a good choice in patching things up with the Umanskys.

• Love 6
(edited)
37 minutes ago, ingenting said:

Calling someone a "fucking stupid bitch" behind closed doors, where the "fucking stupid bitch" will never know it was ever said, is far different from saying it in front of tv cameras, where the "fucking stupid bitch" is certain to end up seeing it and be offended.

Not from where I sit.  If you say it in private, online or otherwise where someone else can't see it, you've still said it.

That's another problem, people think that saying something in private or online where said person wouldn't see it somehow means they didn't mean it.  I call bullshit.  You said it.  I mean, I'm gonna be more angry if I get proof that someone called me a "fucking stupid bitch" and their defense is "Well, I didn't think you'd actually hear it!"

That's a shoddy excuse.  If you're gonna say it then own it.  It doesn't seem to me like Ken has problems owning things nor that he gives a rats ass that Rinna would be offended by what he said.  

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

In the case of Kyle and Camille-Mauricio advice was good-client or not, they are all now good friends.  Camille used Yolanda's date to her fundraiser as her realtor-and it took him almost four years to sell Camille's house.  So I don't think it was just based on a business deal.  Mauricio also encouraged Kyle to make up with Kim.

I posted a story today overon the media thread  where Camille claim she suffers from PTSD and Kelsey physically and emotionally abused her.  I think Camille made a good choice in patching things up with the Umanskys.

I hear your point and agree that the outcome was good, but my point was that Mauricio had a motive to be nice at the time because Kelsey and Camille were his clients and the divorce wasn't even in place yet.  He didn't have that kind of restraint with Brandi, which was Wire Wrap's point.  While pointing to bad behavior doesn't excuse other bad behavior, it does point out that Ken isn't alone in his treatment of other housewives. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:
17 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

My memory is probably shot then. What names did Mauricio call Brandi? As far as Paul goes, I'm certainly not holding him to some grand standard of defense. I thought his name calling of Brandi was awful, just the same way I think that Ken's name calling of women who is wife is in conflict with awful.

Right. And I also added in the example, as a response to the poster who said her husband would immediately blame her with "Well, you know how you are," that while Mauricio urged Kyle to smooth things over with Camille, he also didn't throw Kyle under the bus. He said to her that this conflict didn't sound like her at all. The larger point that I was making is that I think Mauricio is the middle ground. I'm not cheering on any Ken-style or Paul-style display of calling a HW out her name. It's gross in my opinion. 

It happened either right before or right after a white party. Kyle and Mauricio were discussing Brandi in their bedroom. He called her a "B" and said he didn't want her in their home or to be around her.

40 minutes ago, ingenting said:

But they are on camera and how many times have people complained that they aren't being their true selves but instead are acting for the cameras? I also don't think Ken cares if Rinna heard the comment, he said that he advised Lisa to keep her distance from Rinna after the Amsterdam trip.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

Not from where I sit.  If you say it in private, online or otherwise where someone else can't see it, you've still said it.

That's another problem, people think that saying something in private or online where said person wouldn't see it somehow means they didn't mean it.  I call bullshit.  You said it.  I mean, I'm gonna be more angry if I get proof that someone called me a "fucking stupid bitch" and their defense is "Well, I didn't think you'd actually hear it!"

That's a shoddy excuse.  If you're gonna say it then own it.  It doesn't seem to me like Ken has problems owning things nor that he gives a rats ass that Rinna would be offended by what he said.  

The two hypothetical situations have clearly different predicted outcomes, the intent is different. Ken's intent when he called whoever a "fucking stupid bitch" in front of the camera had an element of cruelty. 

• Love 5

We've become so accustomed to having our 'realty' shows scripted that we tend to forget that they're supposed to be reality. In the real world, a husband will take sides with his wife, especially if she feels she's been the victim. A logical man would be objective and see it from both points of view. But in this case, Ken only took Lisa's word without knowing or wanting to know everything. Whether there's cameras there or not, if it's 'real' then he would be unfiltered and say exactly what he felt. Ken was honest and in defense of his wife he called LisaR a 'stupid bitch and a 'wanker'. Obviously he was upset because Lisa was upset. There's many that would agree that although Lisa Rinna is definitely not a stupid person, she's actually quite intelligent, but she does say some outrageous things that in the end, turn out to be stupid.

I hate to say it but in this one, I'm on Ken Todd and Lisa's side.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, ingenting said:

The two hypothetical situations have clearly different predicted outcomes, the intent is different. Ken's intent when he called whoever a "fucking stupid bitch" in front of the camera had an element of cruelty. 

Well...I mean how does anyone know what Ken's intent was?  He wasn't on the show to offer up any explanations.  He didn't seem to give a shit that a camera was there and would have said it either way.  The words themselves have an element of cruelty, I don't really think it matters that a camera was there to catch it.  Are you saying that Ken was being shady in his choice of delivery method?  Because again, I don't think it mattered to him.  He's called Yolanda stupid to her face and told her to shutup.  Had Rinna been standing in front of him, I have no doubt he'd have said it to her face.

I'm not sure what your point is.  You stated that saying something in front of a camera is different than saying it in private.  I said it's not.  There may be a different predicted outcome for you, my point was that it's not that way for everyone.  If you said it, you said it.  

• Love 4

Well...now that I have read what all my savvy, intelligent boardmates have written about this part of the reunion, I am SO glad I didn't watch it & have no intention of wasting any time on the reruns...

But, an unseen footage episode - which if I understand correctly may be next week - could be something different, but on the whole, and especially with the pandering to kimmie and brandi and yoyolemons smug arrogance, I just can't be bothered.

So, many thanks to all who suffered through the aggravation and stupidity of these episodes to make their posts and thereby save me from experiencing even the teeniest, weeniest itch to give it a look-see. You guys totally rock!

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

We've become so accustomed to having our 'realty' shows scripted that we tend to forget that they're supposed to be reality. In the real world, a husband will take sides with his wife, especially if she feels she's been the victim. A logical man would be objective and see it from both points of view. But in this case, Ken only took Lisa's word without knowing or wanting to know everything. Whether there's cameras there or not, if it's 'real' then he would be unfiltered and say exactly what he felt. Ken was honest and in defense of his wife he called LisaR a 'stupid bitch and a 'wanker'. Obviously he was upset because Lisa was upset. There's many that would agree that although Lisa Rinna is definitely not a stupid person, she's actually quite intelligent, but she does say some outrageous things that in the end, turn out to be stupid.

Me too.  IMO Ken has been over this show since Season 2 and really doesn't seem to give a damn what he says.  I'd rather hear genuine reactions than politically correct, sanitized responses.   Like fellow posters, my husband would have my back - although we're probably closer to Ken's age than many on this board.  At this point, it seems the only reason he's on the show is because Lisa wants him there.

16 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

Well...I mean how does anyone know what Ken's intent was?  He wasn't on the show to offer up any explanations.  He didn't seem to give a shit that a camera was there and would have said it either way.  The words themselves have an element of cruelty, I don't really think it matters that a camera was there to catch it.  Are you saying that Ken was being shady in his choice of delivery method?  Because again, I don't think it mattered to him.  He's called Yolanda stupid to her face and told her to shutup.  Had Rinna been standing in front of him, I have no doubt he'd have said it to her face.

I'm not sure what your point is.  You stated that saying something in front of a camera is different than saying it in private.  I said it's not.  There may be a different predicted outcome for you, my point was that it's not that way for everyone.  If you said it, you said it.  

Yup

• Love 9
8 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

4-I look at housewives like men look at football. I have my favorite teams "Team LVP" I have teams I HATE "Team Yolanda" I root for my team and watch and read the message boards. Who gets signed for next season is just the draft pick. The message boards last week was like having the boards for you fantasy football team go down in the middle of the Super Bowl. Nerve wracking

I make the same comparisons!  The reunions are MY super bowl!  No talking to me during the super bowl, wanker!

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

I hear your point and agree that the outcome was good, but my point was that Mauricio had a motive to be nice at the time because Kelsey and Camille were his clients and the divorce wasn't even in place yet.  He didn't have that kind of restraint with Brandi, which was Wire Wrap's point.  While pointing to bad behavior doesn't excuse other bad behavior, it does point out that Ken isn't alone in his treatment of other housewives. 

I understood your point and I don't think Mauricio was driven by that particular motive.  If he was it didn't work as he has not had listings from either Camille or Kelsey since the show began shooting.   I think Mauricio is generally pretty nice to people, clients or not.  Last year Brandi was threatening to beat Kyle's face in while Kyle was vacationing with Mauricio and her then boyfriend JR.  Never a peep out of Mauricio.  Months later Mauricio's attorneys finally had to send Brandi a Cease & Desist. My problem is I don't recall Mauricio ever calling Brandi a name, I  guess I would need a refresher.  I remember in Puerto Rico he referred to the rumor situation as "a bitch" and that morphed into him calling LVP a bitch.  He didn't.  I remember Ken getting very angry and snotty at Mauricio in his ill-advised defense of Brandi and Brandi calling Mauricio a coward.  I cheered for Paul when he called Brandi a piece of shit. (Sorry but she was screaming in his face-not the first or last time she did that to a RH husband.) I also kind of cheered when Michael asked Brandi if she was from Planet Trash.  I don't think Ken would have said those things to Rinna's face.   

• Love 6
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Activities.    LVP had a fair number of events, the tea for Ken's birthday, the Hamptons,  the dog hero awards, the day after her birthday dinner at her house, tea with Eileen, Kyle and Rinna, Yulin March, flying back to Ohio for the ponies, the trip to Italy .  I felt bad for LVP because her passion, animals, is so deeply discounted, just ask Yolanda who shames her choice of charities. 

I believe LVP made her season a lot tougher by not getting down to the basis of Eileen's anger.  Was LVP dismissive-pretty much.  Could it have been arrested with a conversation,absolutely.  Eileen at LVP's house could have easily said, I think there needs to be more of a conversation why I am unable to move forward.  It truly takes two.

I love this comment. I'm an animal person, too. I always find the 'you care more about animals than people' argument troubling, although I can understand how people can see it that way. I care about people, but animals are often in situations that they have no control over and people have to be the ones to speak up for them. That can be true for people, too. It's complicated, especially in terms of awareness campaigns. LVP could have led a march in the same, eventually correct location, about slavery, child labor, working conditions, or any of the many issues that people in China face. At the same time, how many of us were aware of Yulin before it showed up on RHOBH? It's tricky, for sure. I just wish people could be a little more thoughtful before they go to the people vs. animals angle. Maybe we can do the most good regarding the issues we are passionate about. I don't have an answer or even a solid opinion, except for one thing. I will always put my efforts behind a real problem and chronic Lyme disease is not a real problem, so in my mind, LVP is doing far more good than Yolanda is with her self-serving crusade.

• Love 9

Team Ken 100%.  LisaV is becoming the punching bag, the convenient go to for those that need a story line or someone to take the blame for their bad behavior-Brandi, LisaR, Eileen, Erika.  The list goes on and on.  Seems like everyone "had a go" at LisaV this season including Erika's crusty little thumb of a husband.  He called Lisa an alligator that lies in wait for her victims, right to her face at dinner!  I wish Ken had punched him at that moment.  (Seriously, Erika reads Kathryn for acting like an ass at dinner when her own husband is an insulting fuck the first time he meets Lisa.)  Lisa admitted that comment hurt her feelings but she felt like she had to put a good face on it so she laughed it off.  Fuck him.  Tom that is. 

That's what happens when you're the alpha - people want to take you down or at least interact with you because viewers will engage.  Ken has had a front row seat for this fuckery and seen Lisa get very upset and cry about it.  He's over it.  So am I.   At Reunion 3 Lisa Rinna tried to pin the Munhausen's comment on LisaV, then on LisaV and Kyle and finally Kyle pinned her down and forced her to admit she was the one that brought it up.  Lisa Rinna is shady and very loose with her words.  She spins them out there so fast that she thinks nobody will notice when she slips in some phrases that change the whole meaning of what's being said.  She blatantly misquoted LisaV and Harry Hamlin, otherwise known as her husband. 

• Love 23
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Yolanda fails, and I believe it is intentional, to recognize LVP has done a fair amount of volunteering for Gay Rights and every Monday, not only serve food for the homeless but provides it.  Somehow between the animal advocacy, the Gay Rights and feeding the poor, I just find LVP's charitable resources and energy more substantial, then a charity that recognizes celebrities for bringing awareness to a disease. 

I am not trying to be a bitch but I think Yolanda is allowed to go unchallenged way too much of the time and it just doesn't make for good TV.

Do you know the Pixies? "La la love you, don't mean maybe."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Except that we have heard Mauricio call a HW names, he called Brandi names and let Kyle know that he really didn't want her around in very clear terms/words. We also heard Paul call Brandi names to her face as well as behind her back so Ken isn't the only husband to have his wife's back in this manner.

My late father defended my mother in much the same way Ken does Lisa and my husband has been known to defend me in that manner as well. Ken said that he advised Lisa to keep her distance from Rinna after Amsterdam last season because he saw something about her he didn't like/trust so he has made his feelings know in private as well.

Mauricio is a salesman.  He's not about to be caught bad-mouthing anyone, at least not again.  Every single person is a potential client, or friends of a potential client.  This isn't a bad thing, it's just the way Real Estate Salespeople work, on the show, and in real life.  Notice how very staged all of Mauricio's scenes are.  In addition, Kyle had a VERY easy season, no one attacked her, or frankly, has, for a long time.

1 hour ago, HumblePi said:

I'm totally team Ken.  I love him.  He's of a certain age, where bullshit can be called bullshit.  He speaks his mind, his true mind, something this show is in dire need of.  He is like a guard dog with Lisa, because just about every single season a group of wives go after her.  He's over it, and yes, he will side of his wife of 30+ years every single time.  They have a real marriage.  They listen to each other, and stick up for each other and he doesn't give a damn if cameras are there or not, he'll say what he thinks.

• Love 18

Now wait a dang minute.....If ED wants a apology (or 5) because LVP made her "uncomfortable" about her affair, shouldn't SHE now apologize for talking about the abuse that LVP did not want to talk about? Didn't she just make her "uncomfortable"?

• Love 18
57 minutes ago, Jack Terrier said:

4-I look at housewives like men look at football. I have my favorite teams "Team LVP" I have teams I HATE "Team Yolanda" I root for my team and watch and read the message boards. Who gets signed for next season is just the draft pick. The message boards last week was like having the boards for you fantasy football team go down in the middle of the Super Bowl. Nerve wracking

I love this analogy. It fits my viewing style completely.  

Ken has given me more enjoyment than the women.  I love it when he gets testy and calls people names!  Love it.  I don't watch to see everyone get along.  And conversely I don't watch to see everyone angry all the time either.   Yay Ken!  It is just a TV show, they all have lives separate from their coworkers.  

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I understood your point and I don't think Mauricio was driven by that particular motive.  If he was it didn't work as he has not had listings from either Camille or Kelsey since the show began shooting.   I think Mauricio is generally pretty nice to people, clients or not.  Last year Brandi was threatening to beat Kyle's face in while Kyle was vacationing with Mauricio and her then boyfriend JR.  Never a peep out of Mauricio.  Months later Mauricio's attorneys finally had to send Brandi a Cease & Desist. My problem is I don't recall Mauricio ever calling Brandi a name, I  guess I would need a refresher.  I remember in Puerto Rico he referred to the rumor situation as "a bitch" and that morphed into him calling LVP a bitch.  He didn't.  I remember Ken getting very angry and snotty at Mauricio in his ill-advised defense of Brandi and Brandi calling Mauricio a coward.  I cheered for Paul when he called Brandi a piece of shit. (Sorry but she was screaming in his face-not the first or last time she did that to a RH husband.) I also kind of cheered when Michael asked Brandi if she was from Planet Trash.  I don't think Ken would have said those things to Rinna's face.   

JMO - I think he would if given the chance.  However - if Lisa asked him not to confront a HW, I believe he wouldn't, in deference to her.  The Yolanda incident which morphed into a full scale Yolanda exaggeration probably served as a cautionary tale for Lisa. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I feel like I watched a different show than the recapper.

Maybe it was a typo: "whiners" and not "winners of the reunion"?

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Mauricio is a salesman.  He's not about to be caught bad-mouthing anyone, at least not again.  Every single person is a potential client, or friends of a potential client.  This isn't a bad thing, it's just the way Real Estate Salespeople work, on the show, and in real life.  Notice how very staged all of Mauricio's scenes are.  In addition, Kyle had a VERY easy season, no one attacked her, or frankly, has, for a long time.

I'm totally team Ken.  I love him.  He's of a certain age, where bullshit can be called bullshit.  He speaks his mind, his true mind, something this show is in dire need of.  He is like a guard dog with Lisa, because just about every single season a group of wives go after her.  He's over it, and yes, he will side of his wife of 30+ years every single time.  They have a real marriage.  They listen to each other, and stick up for each other and he doesn't give a damn if cameras are there or not, he'll say what he thinks.

It was attack light on Kyle.  Rinna, Eileen, Erika and Kathryn acted as if Kyle was some sort of socially retarded soul who could only have a  leveraged friend and wasn't worthy of their friendship.  Yolanda  chastised her for not defending her and not measuring up to be her friend.  I would say last season Kyle had a pretty rough time of it between her own sister and Brandi.  IIRC Brandi repeatedly attacked Kyle.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

I'm not buying it, a Cricket bat maybe, but not a baseball bat.

One thing that makes me laugh about the fake outrage that each one of these women spews? IF you are so damaged and hurt by the proceedings? Quit. Plain and simple.

I am sure a woman with LVP's creds and schedule would be bettered served by just quitting the show and moving forward with her life?

I get what you're saying, but, selfishly, I want her to say. I like her, but I also feel like the whole operation would fizzle without her. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Now wait a dang minute.....If ED wants a apology (or 5) because LVP made her "uncomfortable" about her affair, shouldn't SHE now apologize for talking about the abuse that LVP did not want to talk about? Didn't she just make her "uncomfortable"?

I don't think it was Eileen that made LisaV uncomfortable about the revelation of her abusive relationship as much as it was Andy that pressed her further on that discussion. Eileen brought up the fact that she had read LisaV's own blog in which she wrote for everyone to see that she had encountered abuse herself at the hands of an ex-boyfriend years ago. This information was put out there by Lisa herself. Andy dug deeper by asking 'When were you in an abusive relationship?" and "he hurt you?" and "I think it's so interesting that you didn't share that when she was sharing that".  Yolanda then explained to Lisa that she would have made a deeper connection with Eileen if she had shared the fact that she was also abused in a relationship because it's those experiences that create a deeper connection with the other women.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I actually don't mind it when Ken goes off like this. As you say, he has always been very vocal with his opinions. 

My problem is that to your point we have also seen others share their opinions of other HW's, and they were not given any kind of a pass for it. When Mauricio said something about Brandi to Kyle (nothing like what Ken said about Lisar. I think he said that he thought Brandi was a loose cannon after the surrogacy reveal and that she made him nervous and he wanted nothing to do with her) folks wanted to burn their house down. I have never in my life seen people turn against any person on any of these shows faster than they did Mauricio after that comment, and telling Brandi she was wrong for revealing the surrogacy at that dinner. You would have thought he called her a whore. Every other comment over on TWoP started like this: "I use to like Mauricio, but now I cannot stand him". Here was a guy that people always thought seemed like a nice person, a good husband and father, and a good provider. Even people that hated Kyle usually had nice things to say about Mauricio. Not after that. How dare he say such things about a woman. And if memory serves, Ken's problem with Mauricio was that he was talking to a woman. How dare he? 

I am trying to imagine if Kyle had come home and told Mauricio what she believed LVP had tried to do - throw her under the bus with the Munchies stuff. And imagine that Mauricio had said the exact same words about LVP that Ken said about Lisar. He and Kyle would have to pack up and leave town. The fact that he loves Kyle and was defending her wouldn't matter one little bit. He would be a horrible person that many people would never want to see on the show ever again. I'm sure he knows that and says all the terrible things he probably does about LVP when the cameras are not around. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

You're absolutely right.  And I would assume that works both ways?  There should be no shaming when a woman chooses to share her experience.  Which makes LVP's decision to use her blog to mock Eileen's sharing her experience ........ something.  I'm not quite sure what to call a woman who claims to have experienced domestic abuse, yet mocks another woman's story of abuse.

Keep your abuse a secret from the world, I could care less.  It's when you use the abuse - something that was so absolutely horrifying you cannot bring it up, even to bond with the other woman - to score points against another abuse victim.  I find it a little offensive, truthfully. 

Yes absolutely agree.  Wish all women would quit being so hard on each other. It just perpetrates the stigma surrounding abuse. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

Just watching now.  Most idiotic statement thus far:

Kathryn:  "I can keep a secret...but if you don't want it repeated, you don't say it."

Uh...what?

What she meant was, "I can keep a secret, but since you were talking shit with a cameraman RIGHT THERE, I didn't know it was a fucking secret".  Kathryn's not made for confrontation or verbal volleying poor girl.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

Just watching now.  Most idiotic statement thus far:

Kathryn:  "I can keep a secret...but if you don't want it repeated, you don't say it."

Uh...what?

I think that was poor wording on her part. I think she meant that if you're telling me something in confidence, then you should preface your thoughts as such before moving forward with divulging the sensitive information. Otherwise, you shouldn't be sharing information that you don't want repeated. Even with my closest of friends, I'll still differentiate information that I'm sharing in total confidence. I would think it would be helpful to do the same with someone you're just getting to know. The optics of sharing something in confidence with a camera two feet from you is an odd concept anyhow. Erika put Katheryn in a bad situation and Katheryn handled it poorly. Erika wants to call it a c*** move. She needs to look at her own actions and realize that they fit the same bill. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I actually don't mind it when Ken goes off like this. As you say, he has always been very vocal with his opinions. 

My problem is that to your point we have also seen others share their opinions of other HW's, and they were not given any kind of a pass for it. When Mauricio said something about Brandi to Kyle (nothing like what Ken said about Lisar. I think he said that he thought Brandi was a loose cannon after the surrogacy reveal and that she made him nervous and he wanted nothing to do with her) folks wanted to burn their house down. I have never in my life seen people turn against any person on any of these shows faster than they did Mauricio after that comment, and telling Brandi she was wrong for revealing the surrogacy at that dinner. You would have thought he called her a whore. Every other comment over on TWoP started like this: "I use to like Mauricio, but now I cannot stand him". Here was a guy that people always thought seemed like a nice person, a good husband and father, and a good provider. Even people that hated Kyle usually had nice things to say about Mauricio. Not after that. How dare he say such things about a woman. And if memory serves, Ken's problem with Mauricio was that he was talking to a woman. How dare he? 

I am trying to imagine if Kyle had come home and told Mauricio what she believed LVP had tried to do - throw her under the bus with the Munchies stuff. And imagine that Mauricio had said the exact same words about LVP that Ken said about Lisar. He and Kyle would have to pack up and leave town. The fact that he loves Kyle and was defending her wouldn't matter one little bit. He would be a horrible person that many people would never want to see on the show ever again. I'm sure he knows that and says all the terrible things he probably does about LVP when the cameras are not around. 

Yes, anytime a husband gets real about his feelings there will be backlash from viewers, especially if those feelings are against someone they like or if they dislike his wife. In regards to Ken's/Mauricio's disagreements, they have their say but move past it rather quickly. Something I wish the HWs would do as well. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, homeperm said:

I get what you're saying, but, selfishly, I want her to say. I like her, but I also feel like the whole operation would fizzle without her. 

Her vanity amongst the insanity.

I like LVP, she was OK for the first seasons, the rest of the bumblers don't have nearly the dance card she has - that and the foibles - the claim of pink as her color, the biz side, her animal collection and her charities need her attention. Her days of being a 'real housewife' should be over?

29 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I don't think it was Eileen that made LisaV uncomfortable about the revelation of her abusive relationship as much as it was Andy that pressed her further on that discussion. Eileen brought up the fact that she had read LisaV's own blog in which she wrote for everyone to see that she had encountered abuse herself at the hands of an ex-boyfriend years ago. This information was put out there by Lisa herself. Andy dug deeper by asking 'When were you in an abusive relationship?" and "he hurt you?" and "I think it's so interesting that you didn't share that when she was sharing that".  Yolanda then explained to Lisa that she would have made a deeper connection with Eileen if she had shared the fact that she was also abused in a relationship because it's those experiences that create a deeper connection with the other women.

Perhaps Yolanda should have followed her own advice and shared her marriage was over during filming.  She could have connected with the other women who had gone through divorces, Kathryn, Kyle, Eileen and Erika.  Sharing her Lyme Disease was not an effort to make a connection with the other women.  It was all about Yolanda.  She would not even entertain any comments about what might be affecting her besides the Lyme. 

• Love 19

LVP is in full victim mode on Twitter. I don't know how to paste tweets, but things like this:

"It's been tough, but don't worry. Last night it got to me for sure. It will be ok tho". To which people are responding that they are crying for her. 

Another one:

"It's been tough. Trying to distract myself. Keep busy. Thank you for your support". 

Why does she have to play the victim? Was it really that bad? People always talk about having one HW crossover to another franchise. I would love to see LVP survive one year with the NY crew. Talk about a reunion being a thing to survive. These gals are called sluts, drunks, thieves, adulterers, bossy women and bad mothers. They are accused of all matter of things, and that was just at the last reunion. Being called manipulative would be tame. Pretty much everyone is fair game. One gal might get mad at another and go after her on Twitter, but no one becomes a victim and makes people think they are being "taken down" year after year. I hate Ramona, but think of all the things folks have accused her of during the years. She argues, disagrees, tells them they are wrong, but she doesn't go crying over on Twitter about how it is such an outrage and she is not sure that she can take it anymore. With the the possible new exception of Beth, no one is afraid of another HW. They aren't afraid of the fan backlash they will get for speaking their minds. If you do or say something stupid, bitchy or mean, you are going to be told about it. The girls over on NY would kick LVP's ass. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

LVP is in full victim mode on Twitter. I don't know how to paste tweets, but things like this:

"It's been tough, but don't worry. Last night it got to me for sure. It will be ok tho". To which people are responding that they are crying for her. 

Another one:

"It's been tough. Trying to distract myself. Keep busy. Thank you for your support". 

Why does she have to play the victim? Was it really that bad? People always talk about having one HW crossover to another franchise. I would love to see LVP survive one year with the NY crew. Talk about a reunion being a thing to survive. These gals are called sluts, drunks, thieves, adulterers, bossy women and bad mothers. They are accused of all matter of things, and that was just at the last reunion. Being called manipulative would be tame. Pretty much everyone is fair game. One gal might get mad at another and go after her on Twitter, but no one becomes a victim and makes people think they are being "taken down" year after year. I hate Ramona, but think of all the things folks have accused her of during the years. She argues, disagrees, tells them they are wrong, but she doesn't go crying over on Twitter about how it is such an outrage and she is not sure that she can take it anymore. With the the possible new exception of Beth, no one is afraid of another HW. They aren't afraid of the fan backlash they will get for speaking their minds. If you do or say something stupid, bitchy or mean, you are going to be told about it. The girls over on NY would kick LVP's ass. 

She is in "full victim mode"? You mean that because she is responding to her fans on twitter, thanking them for their support that it equates to her playing the victim? I strongly disagree, it only shows she appreciates her fans and their support, nothing more. LOL

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Another one:

I think they did crossover and it seemed to me the RHOBH came put on top with Bethenny.  LVP and Bethenny had history, where a very supportive LVP carried Bethenny swill in her restaurants, prominently displayed them, and then crapped on LVP and compared her to Jill Zarin when she had Brandi as a guest on the show.  LVP expressed her displeasure.

The biggest divide between RHOBH and RHONY is everyone this season on RHOBH was married (until Yolanda's divorce) and in RHONYC only the new woman Jules is married. Somehow I don't see Bethenny taking on Ken the way she takes on John. 

The other thing for some reason on RHONYC it is acceptable to just walk up to someone and tell them you disapprove of something or many things in their lives.  I would have loved for Carole and Kristen to treat Yolanda as the did Aviva over her maladies-the one that came with a note from her doctor.  IIRC Carole was spouting off Munchausen's back then.  I don't really see what the ladies of RHONYC would have to go after LVP for-oh wait Bethenny made fun of the publication that featured LVP on the cover and threw the party for her.  Next month Bethenny managed to worm her way into the same magazine-the one she had never heard of.

I think LVP could hold her own and mop the floor with a few of them.  GO west coast!!!

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She is in "full victim mode"? You mean that because she is responding to her fans on twitter, thanking them for their support that it equates to her playing the victim? I strongly disagree, it only shows she appreciates her fans and their support, nothing more. LOL

But do you think it is really that hard for her? That she has to distract herself from the memory? That she encourages her fans to think she is so upset? I just don't buy that this thing has upset her so much. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But do you think it is really that hard for her? That she has to distract herself from the memory? That she encourages her fans to think she is so upset? I just don't buy that this thing has upset her so much. 

I think the upset is real.  Right after they filmed the Reunion Andy had her on WWHL and he even remarked that she got her feelings hurt at the Reunion.  Let's face it after the Reunion LVP went on to write some pretty pointed blogs.  She was hurt and angry.  They start filming in about six weeks and I would be surprised if she has any contact before then with anyone but Kyle and/or Kathryn (if she comes back).  I think LVP felt humiliated and demeaned.  I would have been.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I do think many thought this reunion was hard on her, I am one of them. No one would allow her to answer a question or defend herself, they constantly interrupted her, talked over her and Rinna kept yelling at her to "own it". The only time Rinna let Lisa have her say was when Lisa put Brandi's idiot "video" into context as the garbage it was. LOL So, Yes, I can understand why many are tweeting their support for her and IMO, her acknowledging it is nice to see.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Lol. Lisa did something astonishing, she didn't talk about it! Soapy has no idea how that works. Just say no isn't just a slogan. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Aunt Kiki said:

IMO Ken has been over this show since Season 2 and really doesn't seem to give a damn what he says.  I'd rather hear genuine reactions than politically correct, sanitized responses.   Like fellow posters, my husband would have my back - although we're probably closer to Ken's age than many on this board. 

Ken is cantankerous.  But I don't think that is a product of his advancing age.  His face, when he calls people 'stupid' or a 'fucking stupid bitch' - reveals a lot of ugly in there.  And the more I see him do it, the more I think that hatefulness has been there a long time. And the more I get to 'know' LVP, I think the two of them probably spend loads of time talking trash about everyone - employees, business people, friends, HWs.

And that pains me to say because I used to love Ken - he seemed to be old school when it came to being a gentleman and how sweet he was on Lisa and their animals.  But when he's snarling, "She's a fucking stupid bitch..." I can't respect that.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I do think many thought this reunion was hard on her, I am one of them. No one would allow her to answer a question or defend herself, they constantly interrupted her, talked over her and Rinna kept yelling at her to "own it". The only time Rinna let Lisa have her say was when Lisa put Brandi's idiot "video" into context as the garbage it was. LOL So, Yes, I can understand why many are tweeting their support for her and IMO, her acknowledging it is nice to see.

But Lisar looked ridiculous during most of the reunion. I cannot imagine that watching someone look so foolish hurt LVP. It's just my impression, but I would imagine that if LVP is that hurt and upset about someone that almost no one likes saying things about her, that it has more to do with the fact that LVP is starting to look a little bit tarnished this season. Many folks are starting to be more dubious of her claims and her intent. I've never thought that LVP would seriously consider walking away from the show, but I do wonder if the fact that she isn't looking quite as perfect anymore might make her want to leave while she is still on top. Usually Andy just completely leaves her alone, letting her say whatever she wants with almost no follow-up. That didn't happen this time, which I would think might sting a little bit. 

• Love 5

How long ago was the reunion filmed? Considering that Lisa didn't seem all that upset in the footage, it would be bizarre if she felt raw about it weeks later.

Lisar and Eileen are the ones who should be crying themselves to sleep as a result of the reunions airing. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ingenting said:

How long ago was the reunion filmed? Considering that Lisa didn't seem all that upset in the footage, it would be bizarre if she felt raw about it weeks later.

Lisar and Eileen are the ones who should be crying themselves to sleep as a result of the reunions airing. 

March 11th, they filmed it.    March 15th LVP was on WWHL talking about the Reunion filming.