Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

ETA, no I don't want yoyo to die. After years of ER and OR work, you get a very dark sense of humor - your mind goes to places that you are ashamed to acknowledge. I do apologize if I offended anyone, that was not my intent.

Thanks, dude. 

But, yet, she claims she, too, had clinical depression after she broke her back.  

I'm still not buying the whole story about getting sick with Lyme one year after Yolanda and David married.  (I think first she said it was a year AFTER, but then, I think she contradicted herself and said she was sick BEFORE they married.)  

She was full of life and piss and vinegar from the minute she started on this show, until the middle of last season.  

I imagine that it might be easier to live with someone dealing with Lyme disease than it would be dealing with someone with clinical depression. Truthfully, I think that's what sent David Foster off the deep end of the marriage. It's definitely something that a layman can't fix or talk a person out of.

• Love 3

Let's face it, when it comes to YO everything is overblown!   She exaggerates everything, always to her advantage.  We have all seen pics of her doing things, being energetic when she claims she was bedridden - even dating back to her broken back with Anwar.  Her parasites are bigger than anybody's, her explant was the worst they have ever seen, yada yada yada.  That is her, and I don't take anything she says as credible.  

And even the sign during filming of David's comments, especially those made off camera during the NY scene.  No he's not being sarcastic, not being funny, he was done.  I think she outright lied to Lisa about the night at Wally's when she got all teary eyed.  I call BS that it happened all of a sudden.  She just didn't want to see it.  What I did love was her offense at the idea that menopause could have played a role!  She sure perked up then, and I was surprised that she didn't say her hot flashes were hotter than the heat of the sun - and she has proof. 

She is one of those women who has to be bigger, better and "the most".   I do notice that she's stepping very carefully about how she feels, and if her health has improved.   She wants to use the same "unable to care for herself" excuse she did with Mohamed on David.  Nullify that prenup and watch her get well real fast.  

One thing I find very offensive is how she pulled in Erika, who by her own admission, doesn't have women friends.   Erika hadn't been around her, except for the odd couples dinner, and hadn't endured the wrath she can show - like she did with Joyce, Kim (remember the airport pillow incident), etc.   Erika went in thinking poor YO, and only knowing these other women from what Yo had shared.  

• Love 22

I could've heard incorrectly, but I thought LVP told LR, "I rarely call you." Then LR went all hysterical and pulled out pieces of paper out of her little pocketbook or from under the sofa, wherever they came from to show that LVP had indeed called her.

• Love 18

I think there's something to this. Submissiveness might be a 'thing' in their marriage.  Hey, whatever floats their boat.  My SIL was submissive to her husband for religious reasons.  But with Erika and Tom, I'll bet it's for a different reason, KWIM? 

Who knows?  In addition to their chapel, they might have a playroom.  Like Mr. Grey, maybe Mr. Girardi's tastes are very....singular.  It might explain why she doesn't seem fazed when he's appeared, 'dominating'.  Maybe she likes it.  And then when she's Erika Jayne, she gets to feel dominant and it's his turn to get off on that.  Or not.  Maybe 'allowing' her to perform as EJ is his way of rewarding her for being submissive and lets him get back to work so daddy can bring home the bacon to pay for Erika's endeavors.

Hey.  It's plausible. 

That just made me throw up in my throat a little, it's a mental image my mind can never purge.

• Love 2

Rebecca Romijn also said she supported Kathryn. She didn't understand how Kyle could defend someone who would write about the murder of their best friend. She was pretty good on WWH.

I also remember "you bet your bippie" from Laugh-In. I never thought it had any really meaning. I thought it was just one of their lines like "sock it to me". But, the explanations here make sense.

I just cannot get behind this line of thinking. Don't most folks believe that people can be rehabilitated? My sweet grandfather, who died last month at 92 years old, spent almost every day of his life, right up until he died, ministering to women in prison. Some of them did horrid things. He just couldn't let them languish in prison without trying to see if he could help them in some way. He drove hours and hours from prison to prison, ministering to people that he felt like society had forgotten. How in the world are we at a place where a person can do something horrible over 20 years ago and forever be labeled unworthy for friendship? Ever. How are we at a place where a person who doesn't toss someone to the side because they care about them is labeled a terrible person for making the effort? Some people don't like Kyle mainly because she does care about Faye. It is just beyond depressing to me.

• Love 15

Yass!  I agree.  And I apologize for my part in over debating Yo's medical history. I know, and understand why, it's a snooze for people not interested in the argument.  (All my apologies tonight are sincere, folks.  Not some kind of trumped up, poor excuse for a Lisa Vanderpump apology.  No sir.) 

I side with Rinna on this one, too. Something about Kyle's look and the way LVP always tries to be just-this-side of the truth. 

We've all done it (hyperbole!).  And if we've learned anything from watching this show it's that everything (hyperbole!) is ultimately LVP's fault.  She started all of this so that she could have a fucking storyline.  She's clearly embedding some kind of subliminal statements in her TH's.  It's the only reasonable explanation.

• Love 10

I just cannot get behind this line of thinking. Don't most folks believe that people can be rehabilitated? My sweet grandfather, who died last month at 92 years old, spent almost every day of his life, right up until he died, ministering to women in prison. Some of them did horrid things. He just couldn't let them languish in prison without trying to see if he could help them in some way. He drove hours and hours from prison to prison, ministering to people that he felt like society had forgotten. How in the world are we at a place where a person can do something horrible over 20 years ago and forever be labeled unworthy for friendship? Ever. How are we at a place where a person who doesn't toss someone to the side because they care about them is labeled a terrible person for making the effort? Some people don't like Kyle mainly because she does care about Faye. It is just beyond depressing to me.

Your grandfather sounds like he was a wonderful man.  I am a firm believer in redemption.  I completely believe that a person's heart can change.  My issue with Faye and Kyle is that they want to act like things didn't happen that did.  Time doesn't make a situation not exist.  Even the women your grandfather ministered to that were able to eventually leave the confines of the prison did so with a record.  Faye's attitude toward Kathryn was that she wasn't going to talk about anything from that time.  That's not penitent in my opinion, and I believe that there must be penitence to have redemption.  This was Kathryn's first opportunity for closure in regards to something that really wounded her.  If Faye felt truly sorry for what she did, she wouldn't have been so condescending to Kathryn with the whole pat-pat "do you feel better now?" 

• Love 24

Your grandfather sounds like he was a wonderful man.  I am a firm believer in redemption.  I completely believe that a person's heart can change.  My issue with Faye and Kyle is that they want to act like things didn't happen that did.  Time doesn't make a situation not exist.  Even the women your grandfather ministered to that were able to eventually leave the confines of the prison did so with a record.  Faye's attitude toward Kathryn was that she wasn't going to talk about anything from that time.  That's not penitent in my opinion, and I believe that there must be penitence to have redemption.  This was Kathryn's first opportunity for closure in regards to something that really wounded her.  If Faye felt truly sorry for what she did, she wouldn't have been so condescending to Kathryn with the whole pat-pat "do you feel better now?"

You make good points, but Faye was no doubt well aware of why Kathryn was there. Faye isn't new to the show, she has been here for years. Her being at Kyle's house wasn't unusual. Kathryn could have reached out to her at any time in the last 20 years to share her feelings. She waited to address something so painful until she had cameras in her face on a reality show. I think Kyle was being kind to not remind her of that.

• Love 10

To me the bigger issue was Kathryn was so offended by Faye's book but never took the time to read the one paragraph with her name mentioned. 

Kathryn was also incorrect she and Marcus had been front and center since OJ mentioned their names in the suicide note, were part of the pro-OJ team and visited him in jail.  Faye had nothing to do with that.

ETA:  Faye's references to Kathryn were prior to her marriage to Marcus.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

You make good points, but Faye was no doubt well aware of why Kathryn was there. Faye isn't new to the show, she has been here for years. Her being at Kyle's house wasn't unusual. Kathryn could have reached out to her at any time in the last 20 years to share her feelings. She waited to address something so painful until she had cameras in her face on a reality show. I think Kyle was being kind to not remind her of that.

Kathryn didn't know her, why would she reach out to her? The point of addressing it was because they were going to be possibly at the same events now that they were both showing up with the filming for this show, I don't see anything strange about that at all.

• Love 12

I see your viewpoint as well. I just don't see myself ever seeking someone out that I wasn't already friends with to confront them for an apology. I would probably just stuff it down like Kathryn did. Also, Kyle was the one who stirred up the Faye connection the very first night she met Kathryn. She could have avoided the subject, but she went straight in on it, likely knowing the issues between them. I guess it's just a little bit muddier from my perspective, but I respect your viewpoint.

• Love 7

Mmmmm. In my opinion, and it's just my opinion, I think that the reason that most people here point to Yolanda's lies is because she's misleading others. We can't know what her real medical problems are, so we rely on what's televised. The whole issue of medical records is hard to talk about, but when it comes to Yolanda and all of her claims and the way that she uses Lyme to hit at the other women, she ought to, at the very least, have a credible doctor, verify her story. If her story was real, why wouldn't she go that route? She wouldn't have to divulge personal information, but if a real doctor from Mayo, Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic...corroborated her story, I'd take back everything I've written about her. She could end all of this just like that.

Thanks for that. It accounts for why I couldn't identify what bippie was, but picked up on it being funny. You know how kids hearing about mysterious naughty bits are.

My bad.  I thought the point of the exercise was to show that Yolanda had at least one credible doctor of the 100, 300 or 700 other hacks that she employs. 

Which I did.  And still, nothing but how her scrubs look like a fast food restaurant's? 

She did see credible doctors at Cedar Sinai for her constellation of symptoms. It sounds like they did exhaustive testing (extensive testing but she never said all the tests they did other than an MRI and blood work but she did say it was extensive....she never mentioned a lumbar puncture or anything specific despite them keeping her for 5,7, or 9 [lol] days). This is when she went in for her "swollen brain" (not the same time as when she missed Erika's dinner but back when she "collapsed" [something like that] and the kids had to drive her to the ER [not sure why they didn't call 911]) and she was discharged with a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which prompted her to see a Chronic Fatigue Literate (lol) doctor in Belgium who later said she had Lyme Disease. Interestingly Bella said she (bella) was diagnosed over the phone.

edit: I don't think she ever said how she was diagnosed other than maybe a "clinical diagnosis" not supported by tests (well maybe once she had her blood tested at the lyme lab [Genex?] it came back positive). Anyway, credible doctors didn't think she had lyme and I don't know if she has been back to see a reputable/credible doctor since getting sucked in the web of the lyme literate quacks.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 14

To me the bigger issue was Kathryn was so offended by Faye's book but never took the time to read the one paragraph with her name mentioned. 

Kathryn was also incorrect she and Marcus had been front and center since OJ mentioned their names in the suicide note, were part of the pro-OJ team and visited him in jail.  Faye had nothing to do with that.

ETA:  Faye's references to Kathryn were prior to her marriage to Marcus.

I'm sure the content was relayed to her. I wouldn't have bought or even borrowed a book to read libel about myself. The internet wasn't the treasure trove back then that it is now.

Marcus was OJs friend and the letter was complimentary. It didn't make her out to be an idiot who turned a blind eye to infidelities. Now it's commonplace and expected to hear of athletes cheating, but back then I remember being shocked by Michael Jordan's cheating scandal.

• Love 11

How are we at a place where a person who doesn't toss someone to the side because they care about them is labeled a terrible person for making the effort? Some people don't like Kyle mainly because she does care about Faye. It is just beyond depressing to me.

Dang, MCM. For a couple of broads from Detroit, who are supposed to be all hard ass - we certainly are not.  Not tonight anyway.  ;-)  I'm so sorry about your grandpa.  He sounds like a great guy that lived a long, meaningful and productive life. 

I wish I had a better explanation for why I can't trust Faye or Kyle.  I understand what you said this week about how you admired Kyle for sticking up so vehemently for Faye even though Kyle knows how most everyone feels about her.  I heard ya and thought about it and had to agree even if I was a little unwilling to admit that it's an admirable quality. I'm not always proud of my behavior around here but I'm always willing to consider an opposing view.  I still don't like them, LOL but baby steps.

• Love 5

I see your viewpoint as well. I just don't see myself ever seeking someone out that I wasn't already friends with to confront them for an apology. I would probably just stuff it down like Kathryn did. Also, Kyle was the one who stirred up the Faye connection the very first night she met Kathryn. She could have avoided the subject, but she went straight in on it, likely knowing the issues between them. I guess it's just a little bit muddier from my perspective, but I respect your viewpoint.

I think they all knew that that was Kathryn's "in" on the show, and LR's inelegant introduction of it convinces me that I'm right :)  I didn't think any of them were too comfortable with it and just got through it as quickly as they could - Kyle brought it up, Faye and Kathryn had their dinner convo, and then it was pretty much over.  Probably not what Bravo was hoping for, but they can all say they did as they were told!

• Love 9

I think they all knew that that was Kathryn's "in" on the show, and LR's inelegant introduction of it convinces me that I'm right :)  I didn't think any of them were too comfortable with it and just got through it as quickly as they could - Kyle brought it up, Faye and Kathryn had their dinner convo, and then it was pretty much over.  Probably not what Bravo was hoping for, but they can all say they did as they were told!

Also a valid point. I'd be hard pressed to come up with a more ham-handed segue than Rinna' s "Do you know what this reminds me of? O,J,!" non sequitur.

• Love 10

We would appreciate it if y'all stopped referring to "other posters" in the forum and kept it to your own opinions. I'm leaving the offending posts because no one really went over the top, but it's coming AWFULLY close to that line we don't like to cross.

• Love 9

I just don't see myself ever seeking someone out that I wasn't already friends with to confront them for an apology.

ITA. I don't even know you, why would i reach out to your to say "I don't like what you wrote. You take it back?"

What I WOULD do is see if what was said is libelous or defamatory, and therefore actionable in any legal way. 

Bur for me to reach out to her -- because "she talked about me" -- seems a little high schoolish to me. SO I can see Kathryn not doing that.

If we meet, and IF the circumstance arises where it has to be addressed, then believe me I'd have my say…just like Kathryn was going to confront her at the luncheon. But UNlike Kathryn when Faye asked if I had something to say….I'd have let her have it. So I'm not on Team Kathryn when it comes to that.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 4

I'm sure the content was relayed to her. I wouldn't have bought or even borrowed a book to read libel about myself. The internet wasn't the treasure trove back then that it is now.

Marcus was OJs friend and the letter was complimentary. It didn't make her out to be an idiot who turned a blind eye to infidelities. Now it's commonplace and expected to hear of athletes cheating, but back then I remember being shocked by Michael Jordan's cheating scandal.

Sadly the information was not conveyed properly or she would have realized it was primarily Kris Jenner who made the comments about her turning a blind eye.

The information was going to go unnoticed.  I don't understand why Kathryn wants to go back and relive her first marriage.  She seems too smart and confident in her second marriage to go backwards.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Also a valid point. I'd be hard pressed to come up with a more ham-handed segue than Rinna' s "Do you know what this reminds me of? O,J,!" non sequitur.

I guess it could have been something like, "when I see you I think of that yeast infection you were battling back in '92."  Rinna has zero finesse.

• Love 12

Sadly the information was not conveyed properly or she would have realized it was primarily Kris Jenner who made the comments about her turning a blind eye.

The information was going to go unnoticed.  I don't understand why Kathryn wants to go back and relive her first marriage.  She seems to smart and confident in her second marriage to go backwards.

Good point. Donnie seems like a way better catch than Marcus. I'd have a hard time saying nothing if I really had been hurt though. I'm not very good at faking nice. I have one of those faces set to permanent eyeroll. :)

• Love 7

Good point. Donnie seems like a way better catch than Marcus. I'd have a hard time saying nothing if I really had been hurt though. I'm not very good at faking nice. I have one of those faces set to permanent eyeroll. :)

Haha - me too!  When the term "resting bitch face" started being used, I was relieved that there was a name for my condition!  Now if only I could find a cure - because I'm sure my eyerolls are bigger than yours :)

• Love 9

So OJ mentioned Kathryn in his runaway note - wouldn't have been a prob for me either, as the reference is complimentary, not "pejorative" (as Faye would say;) contrast that benignity with Faye's referring to Kath as a wife willing to turn a blind eye to her then husband's cheating. I'm just sorry that Kath wilted when confronting Faye with the facts. No way would I forgive Faye so easily after she'd besmirched my name in her trashy "book," especially when Faye didn't personally know Kath. It's nuts for Kyle to decry Faye being dragged into the discussion, saying she wasn't involved in the show, while Faye had put Kath, an innocent bystander (& complete stranger) in exactly the same position 20 yrs ago.

Not to mention how disgustingly condescending Faye was when Kathryn broached the subject with her, sneering how she didn't intend to discuss something from 20 years ago. I wanted to smack her. What makes her think she can presume to talk about people she doesn't even know and then skate along calling the shots as if she's the only person who matters? Sleaze.

• Love 18

Not to mention how disgustingly condescending Faye was when Kathryn broached the subject with her, sneering how she didn't intend to discuss something from 20 years ago. I wanted to smack her. What makes her think she can presume to talk about people she doesn't even know and then skate along calling the shots as if she's the only person who matters? Sleaze.

And then, with oily sincerity, said, "Do you feel better now?", followed by the completely out-in-left-field "You look beautiful, by the way." Uh huh. So loathsome. Please, Bravo, keep Faye's orange mug off my screen.

• Love 21

What a bunch of laughs from the first reunion show. Hopefully, the other parts will be just as funny. The crying and walking out...they really brought it on.

Loved coming here to catch the snark...thanks.

• Love 4

Possibly but I doubt it.  At this point, baby Jesus could come down from the heavens, back up all the stuff Yo says and people would still be looking for wires. 

Here is the curriculum vitae for the doctor who performed her breast explant surgery and all we could do was criticize her hat.

◦B.A., Cum Laude, Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale College, New Haven, CT

◦Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT

◦Internship in General Surgery, University of California Hospitals, San Francisco, CA

◦Residency in General Surgery, University of California Hospitals, San Francisco, CA

◦Residency in Plastic Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC

◦Microvascular Surgery Fellowship, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY

◦Clinical Instructor of Surgery (Plastic Surgery), New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY

◦Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH

◦Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery

◦Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Medical Association, American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons

◦Member of the International Visiting Committee, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH

And no one criticized the surgery she did or her credentials.  There were posts about the whole setup she has. 

That hat, IMO, deserved to be made fun of, and that's how I remembering it going down here.  Personally, and I said it after that episode, I want my surgeon to be serious when he/she walks in pre op.  I don't want whimsical.  Reserve the whimsical for the pediatric wing.

• Love 3

I'm going to put the topic of Yolanda's illness to rest in my own mind once and for all. I'm so done with the differing opinions back and forth, because everyone's opinion seems right to me. Then I read the next opinion and that one seems 'righter' than the first one I read. I'm really tired of the topic but more than that, I've made up my mind once and for all what has happened with Yolanda. Yes, she had Lyme disease, so what? I did too and so did thousands of others. So, what was it that made her particular Lyme case so different than mine or many others? I think that the bottom line and the real truth is that she had one very important co-morbidity that was at the very core of her illness and that's clinical depression.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/danny-baker/depression_b_5267263.html

She admitted she suffered from clinical depression after a back injury years ago. Well, guess what? Clinical depression is much different than the temporary depression suffered from a major event like a death or an accident like she had. Clinical depression is something on a whole different level, it's much more severe and chronic. There's very specific criteria for the diagnosis of this mental disorder. Let me just quote several people who have described what their clinical depression felt like to them.

"Depression to me is like having your mind replaced by another one that makes me feel worthless and numb to life--even to my own husband and son. It deprives me of feeling anything other than a sense of perpetual sadness, never quite knowing the source of it but knowing that feeling well. Depression has stolen my confidence and now I no longer feel I am worthy of anyone's love."

"Depression is a state in which nothing tastes, smells, or feels right and you are unable to think or make decisions--yet you still have to carry on doing all those things. And so much of the time you just don't have the energy or the desire. But you still carry on anyway."

"Like mourning the death of someone you once loved--you. When you look in the mirror you see only dead eyes. There is no spark. No joy. No hope. You wonder how you will manage to exist another day."

"Living in fog all the time--a world without color or laughter"

"When you have depression, nothing is enjoyable. Nothing can make you smile. It feels like you're a ghost ... not a part of the real world."

I feel that I have finally connected a true diagnosis for Yolanda. I think she's on meds for depression and seeing a therapist because she seems as though she's coming out of that cycle, for now anyway. And I feel just a little more sympathetic of David now than I did before. I still don't like the guy but I know it's much easier to deal with her believing she was suffering with 'neurological Lyme disease' than dealing with a wife with a true mental disorder.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 10

Help me.

What has Yolanda said that's sooo outlandish, or sooo exaggerated….given the nature of how different some symptoms can manifest -- that people question her or believe she's embellishing to the point of lying about it?

I just don't see that such doubt directed toward her is warranted…she says 18 months instead of year-and-a half…or she posts a picture showing some activity, yet says she wasn't feeling well, she says she' has hasn't walked.. in a give time….when I say I didn't walk all last summer. I don't mean I literally didn't walk. at. all. I mean I walked once…OK…so once isn't never…..that means a person should be tarred and feathered??

And When Lisa VP said she never calls Lisa R. Has no one in life ever said I never do something when of course they TECHNICALLY might do it once or twice. And Lisa VP right in the moment did clarify herself to say OK almost never. Do we really need to pick apart every damn thing a person says. If I say I never see a co-worker for example. No, I don't mean I NEVER see her. Once a year IS close enough to never to me. So when Lisa VP says she never calls Lisa R and then when questioned OK once or twice is that really that big a deal? Not every technical untruth is an embellishment worth calling out as a lie. Jeez.

It's a pattern for me with Yo and what bothers me the most (OK.  I'm going on the soapbox) is the misinformation, exaggerations, and down right lies she has made about Lyme disease.  The exaggerations about what she says she can and cannot do just back up the most important part of all of this, Lyme Disease.  I'll stop here.  Mostly everyone here doesn't want to read what I've stated so many times.

Kathryn didn't know her, why would she reach out to her? The point of addressing it was because they were going to be possibly at the same events now that they were both showing up with the filming for this show, I don't see anything strange about that at all.

If Kathryn was so infuriated about the so called lies that Faye stated in her book (which by the way, Fay was quoting something that Kris Kardashian said and I don't think Kris has ever denied saying this), she could have easily gotten an interview when the book came out to redeem her integrity. 

I think the truth is that Marcus wasn't absolutely faithful - and when Kathryn had the conversation with Eileen who said she dated Marcus a few times, she pretty much indicated she wasn't surprised.  It is what it is Kathryn.  I think she is upset with Faye for exposing something that was true.  But heck, you had a relationship with a famous person.  Don't shoot the messenger. 

• Love 5

If Kathryn was so infuriated about the so called lies that Faye stated in her book (which by the way, Fay was quoting something that Kris Kardashian said and I don't think Kris has ever denied saying this), she could have easily gotten an interview when the book came out to redeem her integrity.

And bring even more attention to the book? I would seriously side eye anyone who tried to go out of their way to the media to make a story, that at the end of the day was about the brutal murder of two people, about themselves. Hell it's one of the reasons people still don't like Faye (well that and betraying the confidences of a good friend who couldn't defend themselves). However, it coming up when you are actually in the same room? That seems normal.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

It's a pattern for me with Yo and what bothers me the most (OK.  I'm going on the soapbox) is the misinformation, exaggerations, and down right lies she has made about Lyme disease.  The exaggerations about what she says she can and cannot do just back up the most important part of all of this, Lyme Disease.  I'll stop here.  Mostly everyone here doesn't want to read what I've stated so many times.

I think the truth is that Marcus wasn't absolutely faithful - and when Kathryn had the conversation with Eileen who said she dated Marcus a few times, she pretty much indicated she wasn't surprised.  It is what it is Kathryn.  I think she is upset with Faye for exposing something that was true.  But heck, you had a relationship with a famous person.  Don't shoot the messenger. 

Please don't stop! I love reading your posts and they have useful information. Often something needs to be said or written at least three times before it starts to sink in. I loved your excellent comment about the CDC and "chronic lyme" and I assume that like me, you get frustrated when people still don't get it. It's not an opinion (the info on the CDC and CLD are facts) and so I do think it is useful for educating people (something Yo claimed she wanted to do but hasn't done...in fact she did the opposite which is misinform people).

I agree with your post (all of it) and am definitely not sick of reading them.

Shoot you? Hell NO, I want to pin a medal on you;-)

• Love 12

And bring even more attention to the book? I would seriously side eye anyone who tried to go out of their way to the media to make a story, that at the end of the day was about the brutal murder of two people, about themselves. Hell it's one of the reasons people still don't like Faye (well that and betraying the confidences of a good friend who couldn't defend themselves). However, it coming up when you are actually in the same room? That seems normal.

I don't think the book couldn't have gotten any more attention at the time.  It came up in the trial.

My point in all this is that Kathryn was all about her integrity.  If you feel your integrity was compromised as much as Kathryn claims, you confront it.  She didn't until 20 years later. 

Please don't stop! I love reading your posts and they have useful information. Often something needs to be said or written at least three times before it starts to sink in. I loved your excellent comment about the CDC and "chronic lyme" and I assume that like me, you get frustrated when people still don't get it. It's not an opinion (the info on the CDC and CLD are facts) and so I do think it is useful for educating people (something Yo claimed she wanted to do but hasn't done...in fact she did the opposite which is misinform people).

I agree with your post (all of it) and am definitely not sick of reading them.

Shoot you? Hell NO, I want to pin a medal on you;-)

Back at ya!!!!

• Love 3

I meant to say bring more attention to her place the book not the book itself. I don't agree that it lacks integrity to not bring it up back then with someone who was a stranger or to hash it out in the media at the time.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

After another recap pointed out that LVP wore the exact same dress as the one in Yolanda's opening credits sequence, I have to say, I'm guessing that Lisa wearing the same dress to the reunion as the one in Erika's talking heads was most definitely intentional. 

rs_560x415-151204042555-1024.Real-Housew

yolanda-foster-6(1)__oPt.jpg

• Love 2
I feel that I have finally connected a true diagnosis for Yolanda. I think she's on meds for depression and seeing a therapist because she seems as though she's coming out of that cycle, for now anyway. And I feel just a little more sympathetic of David now than I did before. I still don't like the guy but I know it's much easier to deal with her believing she was suffering with 'neurological Lyme disease' than dealing with a wife with a true mental disorder.

I'm sure it was difficult for David to watch her getting all kinds of quack treatments instead of the seeking out the help she really needed.  I can totally believe she was depressed.  Too bad she dismissed Kyle when she explained her journey through pain caused by her depression, and wouldn't consider it as it relates to her own health.

And for Pete's sake, what is it with Yolanda and her ass?  Weekly colonics, foot long parasites, and now butt pellets?  Don't the enemas wash out the pellets?

Edited by izabella
  • Love 7

I like Kyle but her defense of Faye was completely out of line.

Every damn time Kyle brings Resnick up, every ounce of recent good will I have disappears, and I am knee deep in my least favourite step *  (anger) in The Stages of Bravo Housewife Grief.  

*Denial (I can’t believe I’m watching this woman) Anger (this woman is a total bitch) Bargaining (if they cut this bitch’s storyline I’ll keep watching) Depression (they’re never going to cut this bitch's storyline) Acceptance (I actually can believe I'm watching this woman -- who is a total bitch who ate my show and will never be cut -- and I am finally at peace with the process.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

The information was going to go unnoticed.  I don't understand why Kathryn wants to go back and relive her first marriage.  She seems too smart and confident in her second marriage to go backwards.

If Kris Jenner had published the book, and told the tale to millions of people by doing so, I'm quite sure Kathryn would be mad at her instead of Faye.

• Love 9

I learned things about my ex that I didn't know when he was my husband.  People come out of the woodwork to tell you things.  I got comments like, "I thought you knew." and "I thought you were okay with it."  Nope, just a very trusting young woman who believed what I was told.  I'm also a much different person now in my 40s than I was in my 20s.   I think that while Kathryn got some of her strength from her family situation, she probably got some also through her divorce and the aftermath.  Maybe she wasn't able to confront Faye, or maybe Marcus convinced her it was lies and told her to let it go at the time. 

• Love 9

The reason why it is difficult to give a pass to Faye is that she has not expressed any remorse for writing a damaging expose about her murdered friend.

In addition, she has a really nasty personality on camera.

• Love 18

I meant to say bring more attention to her place the book not the book itself. I don't agree that it lacks integrity to not bring it up back then with someone who was a stranger or to hash it out in the media at the time.

Plus according to the brilliant Cochran defense, Faye was involved with Colombian drug dealers, who wants to invite that mess into their life???? Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 6

We would appreciate it if y'all stopped referring to "other posters" in the forum and kept it to your own opinions. I'm leaving the offending posts because no one really went over the top, but it's coming AWFULLY close to that line we don't like to cross.

I sincerely apologize and promise to do a better job of staying away from the line in the future. I value the interactions here and don't want to do things that jeopardize the atmosphere.

• Love 1

The reason why it is difficult to give a pass to Faye is that she has not expressed any remorse for writing a damaging expose about her murdered friend.

In addition, she has a really nasty personality on camera.

I don't know if she has expressed remorse or not. She hasn't on the show, but she keeps things close to the vest and doesn't address it.

I think the reason the Faye thing bothers me is that she became so hated not because of this, at least IMO, but because of the way she treated Brandi and also LVP. I firmly believe that if Faye had come on this show as LVP's friend, was kind to Brandi, and got in with that crew, that people would feel differently about her. If LVP had said something like "she made bad decisions 20 years ago but she is a lovely friend and I support the person she is today", people would give her a big fat pass.

That is the way it always is. Yo displayed many of the same traits (minus all the stuff about the illness) from the very beginning, which is why I didn't like her. Many people thought her the greatest thing in the world, up until the point where she went against LVP in S4. I remember the excuses made for what she said about LVP in S3 in Paris, because LVP took her side over Kyle's. We had it on tape, we all saw her say something about LVP (although not the thing they were arguing over) and still, because LVP gave Yo her blessing on her story, folks still threw Kyle under the bus because LVP was throwing her under the bus. Look at Eileen and Lisar now. They are pretty much the same now as they were last year, and most people loved them. There were some (call out to Ryebread) who were pointing out these traits last season. If they had come into this season with guns blazing at Yo or even Kyle, things would be different for them. Many would throw them a parade. They didn't. Their expressions of frustration were for LVP, and therefore they are trash. Everything they do now is condemned. From the most benign of things. Not necessarily because of what they did or said, but because of the person that they said or did the things to.

• Love 13

^^

I don't think that LVP saying anything about the morally corrupt Faye would influence any viewers who lived thru the OJ trial.

She is just a despicable individual,IMO.

Her association with the Hiltons and the likes do not help her cause either.

Why is it so hard for that whore to do the right thing?

IMO, she not only does not think that she did anything wrong all those years ago but she revels in hurting others.

Kyle is just so blinded by Faye's ass kissing skills that she can't see Faye for what she is.

The alternative of course is that she knows and as she is the same does not care.

• Love 4

^^

I don't think that LVP saying anything about the morally corrupt Faye would influence any viewers who lived thru the OJ trial.

IMO, she not only does not think that she did anything wrong all those years ago but she revels in hurting others.

Kyle is just so blinded by Faye's ass kissing skills that she can't see Faye for what she is.

The alternative of course is that she knows and as she is the same does not care.

Or maybe Faye is just a good friend to Kyle. I think it would be hard to argue that Kyle doesn't stick up for friends, even when they are people the audience hates. She seems to stick up for what she believes is right. How hated was Taylor? Kyle always stuck by her, even when it would have been easier to move away from her. How about Adrienne? How hated was she coming into S3, and how loved were LVP and Brandi? Kyle might not have been that close to Adrienne, but Adrienne had never done anything to Kyle, and she considered her a friend. Even though it would have made Kyle far more popular to side against Adrienne, she didn't do it. Maybe when someone is kind to her, she is just kind right back. It seems like something that should be more admired than it is, but I admit I'm probably biased. I love Kyle. I also recognize that if LVP was still hating on Kyle, she would be on that list of HW's people want to see gone. She is viewed far differently than she was in S3, while being the exact same person. The only real difference is her relationship with LVP. Once that changes (I think there will be major issues next season), everything she does and says will be picked apart in the same manner as Yo, Eileen and Lisar. Same person, but a different alliance means a lot on these shows.

• Love 10

At this point 20 plus years later, anything more than a lukewarm acknowledgment and apology would seen disingenuous. I am not certain what more Kathryn wanted from Faye.  Faye wrote about her interactions with Marcus prior to Kathryn and Marcus' marriage.  Apparently, Bravo decided that what made Kathryn interesting is references to Marcus Allen. 

If Kathryn is unable to forgive Faye than she should state the same.  Faye has acknowledged and apologized, if Kathryn felt the, "do you feel better?", condescending she could have mentioned it at the time, instead of deciding to have more Faye hate. 

I understand what Kyle was trying to convey to Kathryn about Faye hate-at one point things got so out of hand and the threats were so vile Bravo had to take down a blog and the police had to be called.  Faye didn't murder anyone, cause any murderer to go free, she was the conversation in as told to book.

Lastly, it was none of Yolanda's business to start commenting.  Geez her opinion is just not relevant to this matter.

^^

Wow.  Faye's a whore because you don't like what she wrote in a book?

Faye apologized.  How many more ways can she do it?  This is like Eileen and the apology tour she expects LVP to embark on.

The end.

What is Faye?  She is no longer a writer, she is an interior designer with many successful and famous clients, who is now remarried and living in Portland.  She apparently has managed to cultivate and maintain many friendships since she wrote the book.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9

I can totally believe she was depressed.  Too bad she dismissed Kyle when she explained her journey through pain caused by her depression, and wouldn't consider it as it relates to her own health.

Are you referring to that scene in the park?  I've read it here a couple times this week that Yo dismissed Kyle. 

Kyle started that dialogue with: "A few years ago when you didn't know what it was (referring to Yo's Lyme) I had a lot of the same similar symptoms..." and then went on to explain how she was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  But knew that a lot of it was depression that brought that on. 

Bravo even, interestingly enough, inserted a tolling bell sound that made it seem like, ruh roh, here we go. Like an insinuation that Kyle was dismissing Yo's Lyme diagnosis and saying she was probably just depressed.  

Yo responded how "Depression can have all of those symptoms".  Kyle:  "Sure they all mimic each other."   Most with agree with that.  They were agreeing with each other. They actually looked like they were stating the same facts and addressing them to Erika for her enlightenment.

Then Yo said: "You can't compare Lyme to anything.  It's not just depression or just anxiety.  It's like a whole freaking bag of tricks.".  True dat.  Comparing ailments is silly. 

I don't see either of them dismissing the other.  They were just sharing some facts and seemed to be having a really light, happy time in the park.  Yolanda didn't dismiss Kyle's suggestion of depression.  Yolanda already knew she was depressed.

• Love 7

*Denial (I can’t believe I’m watching this woman) Anger (this woman is a total bitch) Bargaining (if they cut this bitch’s storyline I’ll keep watching) Depression (they’re never going to cut this bitch's storyline) Acceptance (I actually can believe I'm watching this woman -- who is a total bitch who ate my show and will never be cut -- and I am finally at peace with the process.)

LOL. 

FN funny, FN. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2