Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I'm still not seeing it for Kathryn. As far as Faye referencing her in that book, I guess I could understand why she would be upset. No one (or maybe I'll say not many people) wants the world to think that they'd stay with a cheater. However, I still can't forget Eileen sharing with Kathryn that she dated (or went out a few times with) Marcus Allen, and the year Eileen cited seemed to be an overlap of when Marcus and Kathryn were first together.

It's perhaps my own cynicism, but I have very little faith in the fidelity of athletes who have money, power, and multiple trips across the country in away games. So, any reference to Marcus Allen, a football player, having outside flings (and a wife who turned a blind eye to it) just as well as could have been Faye saying, "Water is wet" in that book.

But I assume what's fueling Kathryn's anger is being made to look like she was accepting of it.

• Love 9

LVP surely put on the act of her life on this show.  She pouted all the way through, barely managing a smile.  It was obvious she was out to show how wounded she'd been and to gain as much audience sympathy as possible.  Interestingly, one of the comments that bothered her the most was hearing that someone had referred to her as "old."  Ah, vanity!  And what a curse to live where looks are so important!

I wish that Lisa could stand up and take it like other HWs do.  I've always liked her, but it peeves me when she puts herself in the elevated position of being the one who shouldn't be criticized -- ever!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 15

I'm still not seeing it for Kathryn. As far as Faye referencing her in that book, I guess I could understand why she would be upset. No one (or maybe I'll say not many people) wants the world to think that they'd stay with a cheater. However, I still can't forget Eileen sharing with Kathryn that she dated (or went out a few times with) Marcus Allen, and the year Eileen cited seemed to be an overlap of when Marcus and Kathryn were first together.

It's perhaps my own cynicism, but I have very little faith in the fidelity of athletes who have money, power, and multiple trips across the country in away games. So, any reference to Marcus Allen, a football player, having outside flings (and a wife who turned a blind eye to it) just as well as could have been Faye saying, "Water is wet" in that book.

But I assume what's fueling Kathryn's anger is being made to look like she was accepting of it.

I agree, and Kyle didn't say what she probably wanted to say, which was that the entire reason Kathryn was probably on the show was because of this mention of her by Faye in her book. Kathryn said that she knew when she came on the show that she would be put in a position to socialize with Faye, because Kyle often had Faye at her events (while LVP seemed not to remember this, Kathryn did). Yet despite something that was painful to her, she came on the show to remind everyone in the viewing audience about this incident (most people had zero idea who Kathryn was or that she was mentioned by Faye, until she told us about it). I think Kyle is nuts about this, but the gal wants for the audience to see Faye as the person she believes that she is, and she just seems convinced that if we see her enough, our opinions will eventually change. Kathryn wrote a harsh blog about Faye after Kyle's lunch, and Kyle said that she was disappointed by this because after the event Kathryn admitted she had seen a different side of Faye and she liked her. I think that it irritated Kyle to no end that finally someone was seeing in Faye what she had always seen, yet she didn't take the time to share it with the audience. Saying privately that she liked Faye, but publicly slamming her.

• Love 9

Good for Kyle to defend her slivery fiend.

IMO, She likes Faye because she is either her narc connect and/or decorates on the cheap.

Plus Faye is also relentless in defending her friends, so there.

And Faye gets a bravo check so Kyle can kick rock when she feels that Faye should be off limits.

Plus, Faye is that friend that makes you feel better about your own life, like a charity case.

I am sure that she is a great mother(eye roll).....

Kyle is so limited, it is pathetic.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 8

The Swann was in a crate during the car trip--I suggest re-watching the scene. The swann is only out of the crate when they first get in the car and later at the vet's office (you can see the crate in the office & in the car).

I thought she didn't purchase the horse on the trip and who knows how she would have brought it back if she did purchase it. I seriously doubt she would have stuffed it in that plane, despite them joking about it, and I doubt she would have stuff the horse into her car. Maybe I am wrong

Why would you take the swan out of the crate at all?

You put an animal into a crate for transport, and only open that crate to check on it's welfare. Anyone who had dealt with winged animals knows that a bird that gets spooked or irritated WILL flap it's wings. When you get to your destination, you let the animal out.

Having a goose, swan, chicken sit in you lap in an enclosed space like a back seat is plain stupid and only an idiot would do it.

• Love 2

Kathryn was in OJ's suicide note that was read for everyone so Kathryn saying Faye is the only reason her name is mentioned is bullshit.

They all had microphone packs on so if LVP said "there goes our storyline" then they would have audio of it and could easily prove it if that was said (Rinna already broke the 4th wall)

Assuming LVP said, "there goes our fucking storyline," what does it mean?

(a)  Ken misspoke and now the focus is going to be on making a comment about a sick woman's looks

(b)  A light went off in LVP's head that the whole season should focus on sick or not Yolanda is (according to Rinna Harry said they should support her sick or not)

©  Rinna was forced into coming up with the Munchausen's comment to move the storyline along 

If it is (a) I can see where LVP didn't want too big a deal made of Ken's comments.  Yolanda has admitted to the no make-up to bring awareness.

If it is (b) does that mean they really don't need producers and writers because they just go with what LVP sees as the storyline because she is so manipulative

If it is © did Rinna just use the hairdresser as a vehicle to move the story along, was there ever such a conversation, or something Rinna manufactured 

I saw the clip on WWHL, and the guest had no idea what the comment meant.

• Love 3

Kathryn has every right to despise Faye. And to say what she thinks of her. Kyle can disagree and defend her friend, but she came very close to saying that Faye is off limits because she isnt a cast member. No Kyle it doesn't work like that. Faye is on camera precisely because you put her there. Everyone knows that Kyle has been campaigning for years to make Faye a cast member. The fact that the audience rejects her is the reason why she isnt. Andy is an asshole but he's not stupid.

Eileen looked like she just arrived from an 80s wedding and she was a bridesmaid. I mean seriously she needs a style update.

I too thought Erica rocked that dress.

Omg LVP needs to deal with her hair. Why are she and some of the others so averse too short hair? LVP's hair looked dry and crunchy and it's too long it drags her face down. I didn't like the way Yo's hair was styled but she looks better with the short hair than long.

As far as munchies I really give zero fucks at this point. Everyone is entrenched in their position and no one is giving an inch. So what we just sit here and watch them bicker about who said what when? I totally believe that LVP said there goes the storyline because she is sarcastic and she could totally make a joke like that Rinna is trying vway too hard to defend herself. So the women were probably bitching about Yo off camera and Rinna said her hairdresser or whoever said munchies. The fact that the who effing season has been about what was said to who off camera and when really leaves the audience out of the loop.

I feel like all the ladies except LVP and Kyle (who are always part of the cast) are auditioning for next season. I am afraid we will have another season of Yo who will be on her lyme and post divorce journey to the runways of NYC and Paris to watch the Gigis and the non Gigis.

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 13

The pellet with the poison is in the vessle with the pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.

That was worth 500 points. You are in the lead..........

There used to be a surgical procedure for men with prostate cancer where a 'seed' of radioactive material (I want to say cesium) was placed in the groin, as an alternative to chemo and the other kind of radiation therapy. Some surg techs would joke about shoving a pellet in an ass.....

• Love 2

Erika looked like a hooker. Yo's pantyhose and white material dress was not flattering.

Honestly. Why does she act as if the concept of "Erika Jayne" is original or provocative? People have presented themselves in this manner for decades.

• Love 11

Judging from last night, Yoyo made a miraculous recovery.

She will totally be back next season and promote the shit out of her selfies medical book.

Eileen might get the axe, she brings little to the show for that reported 800k, even Kathryn has her yummy hubby and judging from last night, she truly brings the real.

Bye ms Davidson.

• Love 11

Ohhh.  Pellet makes sense.  These are popular with my neighbors. And they swear by them.  Only they don't get theirs implanted in their butts.  Arms and bellies.  When Yo said palette in her butt, all I could think of was like a tiny eye shadow palette, but instead of the pans filled with eyeshadow, they were filled with time-released estrogen, testosterone and progesterone.  And then slipped up the bum, suppository-like. LOL.  Time for bed.

You aren't the only one who had that vision - haha

• Love 3

I actually had a bit of sympathy for Erica when she was talking about how much she was despised when she first married that old dude. Can you imagine a bunch of 50 and 60 something old lawyer types and their wives at social events and she walks in like arm candy? The wives must have been seething. No wonder she said she has no friends and created a new persona. It had to have been brutal.

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 17

I think what Kyle's issue with Kathryn was at the Reunion, is Kathryn had indicated to Kyle she thought Faye was okay and there was no ill will.  Then Kathryn writes a blog and blames Faye, blah, blah , blah.

Kathryn was a little off on a few things, Marcus and OJ were close enough friends they married at his house a year before the murders.  Kathryn and Marcus went to the OJ support meetings at Shapiros office, she visited OJ in jail.  The problem with treating a divorce like a death is the person is still alive and capable of arousing the angry feelings.  Kathryn said Faye's book had a profound effect on her marriage.  Seems strange because she stayed married for seven more years.  I guess living with a spouse who lies about infidelity would have an effect on the marriage.  Marcus was unfaithful and it had nothing to do with Faye.

Far stranger was Yolanda making the Kathryn/Kyle/Faye debate about her.  Maybe Yolanda can answer the question herself-when has she ever been a friend to Kyle?

• Love 10

Lisa's dress gave her a shiny pot belly.

I think that often what Yolanda says gets lost in translation. A couple of her responses early in the show didn't quite make sense.

That question about Kathryn's father was incredibly insensitive and rude of Andy.

• Love 13

The horses flew to L.A. by private jet.

0721-sub-vanderpump-ponies-flight-tmz-6.

Oh, if it's by PRIVATE jet, no problem.

Incredibly stupid people do stupid things. I had a pal who flew charters out of Van Nuys Airport and he would have laughed at doing something like that.

The FIRST thing about transport - animals, materials, objects is that you always secure them. Things have a habit of shifting, falling about, out or over.

Those photos are hysterical.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 1

Favor to ask:

Would one of you PT scholars kindly explain to me what "breaking the fourth wall" means, and please give me an example?  I know it has something to do with letting the audience know that this is a tv show, but my brain can't decipher much more than that.  Thanks so much!

P.S.  I thought Erika looked great last night, but I thought Kathryn looked the best and dressed most appropriately for the reunion.  She started off in the season a bit weak for me, but finished as the most grounded, logical and laid back of all all the other women.

• Love 8

LVP surely put on the act of her life on this show.  She pouted all the way through, barely managing a smile.  It was obvious she was out to show how wounded she'd been and to gain as much audience sympathy as possible.  Interestingly, one of the comments that bothered her the most was hearing that someone had referred to her as "old."  Ah, vanity!  And what a curse to live where looks are so important!

I wish that Lisa could stand up and take it like other HWs do.  I've always liked her, but it peeves me when she puts herself in the elevated position of being the one who shouldn't be criticized -- ever!

LVP puts herself out there as a snooty old woman, so it's not a stretch to look at her that way? I liked her - I loved her when the show began.

Now?

We have unconsciously uncoupled.......whatever the fuck that means?

• Love 9

Favor to ask:

Would one of you PT scholars kindly explain to me what "breaking the fourth wall" means, and please give me an example? I know it has something to do with letting the audience know that this is a tv show, but my brain can't decipher much more than that. Thanks so much!

P.S. I thought Erika looked great last night, but I thought Kathryn looked the best and dressed most appropriately for the reunion. She started off in the season a bit weak for me, but finished as the most grounded, logical and laid back of all all the other women.

In this case "breaking the fourth wall" is about acknowledging (on camera) that their housewifely interactions and the topics of discussion are staged for a camera crew they're supposed to pretend isn't there. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 10

Why would you take the swan out of the crate at all?

You put an animal into a crate for transport, and only open that crate to check on it's welfare. Anyone who had dealt with winged animals knows that a bird that gets spooked or irritated WILL flap it's wings. When you get to your destination, you let the animal out.

Having a goose, swan, chicken sit in you lap in an enclosed space like a back seat is plain stupid and only an idiot would do it.

The swan would be out of the crate before you put it in the crate such as when you are in the driveway in the vehicle with the crate. You pet and calm the swan (while getting filmed) and then place it in the crate. Obviously you remove the swan from the crate in the vet's office which is why we see both the crate and the swan in the vet's office.

• Love 10

LVP puts herself out there as a snooty old woman, so it's not a stretch to look at her that way? I liked her - I loved her when the show began.

Now?

While LVP acted like an over the hills Barbara Walters last night, she was the only one with the balls to bring out that dumb ass Beverly Hills Tresor hunt.

If you axe her, we will have to watch Eileen rearranging her kitchen cabinets.

An acceptable alternative would be more Donnie, j/s

• Love 8
This went as I expected it would. Yolanda explains what she was going through and what her definition of a walk is, seemed reasonable to me. But hells bells, the viewers won't hear it. She is asked a generalized question and OFFERS in her response her past clinical depression, to make it clear she does understand the difference between clinical depression and being depressed. She's lived it. But once again clang on the bells from viewers. Last year so much in opinion of she must be crazy not to be having other things looked into for her health issues. Tonight she offers up some of the testing she was having done all along. depression. implants. hormones. CLANG BELLS YOLANDA PUT SOMETHING UP HER BUTT hahahehehaha snarkable.  For gawd sakes. Viewers spat for time line explanations, very reasonable explanations are given. It is not enough, because any RH shoulda coulda woulda so Yo's lying she shoulda coulda woulda.

There will be no reason good enough for someone that doesn't want to believe. Ever. Paid celebrity or not paid celebrity. 

Doesn't surprise me that I don't see some forum contributors around anymore. Specifically most the ones who share some of their own personal experiences with health struggles. ( it's called health struggle because it is a struggle/no quick fix/a lot of uncertainties). Those who have lived with or have had health issues that are ongoing KNOW the drill and can see a fake persona in forums as clearly as they can see face work on the HW's ..very clearly.

I'm thinking  the snark opinions about Yolanda, after the 'oh so sorry for what you've gone through fellow poster' months prior, does discourage some from participating anymore in discussions. And yes I do get that this is a forum for snark on celebrities. And yes I do know there are ignore features available to everyone. And no, I don't need replies on how my opinion doesn't match your opinion 'because yadda yadda insert how blind I am and how seeing you are here'. 

My opinion may be idiotic to others, I'm fine with that. But none of us are idiots or beneath another for having and sharing an opinion. 

---Andy's head spin toward LVP after LR mentioned 'story line' , good stuff!  I'll know who Andy believes when we see who is and isn't around next season. He doesn't like the viewers knowing big% is scripted..shhh this is reality tv.. we know Andy, we know (wink wink). He gave LVP 2 side eyes and a 'ummver' mouth gape when he learned her dress was the same design/designer of Erika's TH top. It cracks me up the stuff that gets to him.

Kyle's 'in defense of Fay' was silly. We know Kyle, Fay owns 1/4 of your soul. I would read a book that tells us why that is. 

I hope to hear from Eileen in part 2. She is miss manners compared to Potomac's cast. 

I understand and share your frustration and that of the posters that left.  Though not a fan of Yolanda, nor suffering from Lyme, I don't like the vitriol toward every breath she takes/every move she makes.

There's a walk, and then there's a walk. Her explanation is exactly what I posted right after that episode aired and her head was called for. You can remain fit after being sick and in bed for long periods.  Kids CAN play football if they have Lyme.  Or maybe they go through such hard parts of their illnesses that they have to stop riding their horses.  Shrug.  So what if Yo was in a scavenger hunt.  Maybe she felt good that day/week/month. That's how chronic illness works. Yeah, her sick selfies are weird but if you think about it, ALL selfies are weird. LOL. Pieces of silicone in your body for years can't possibly cause illness?  Well, if a tampon left in for a couple days/weeks can kill you, I'm doubtful of that one. She's starving/abusing her children by denying them cake or only letting them (allegedly) eat fruit and a handful of supplements before football practice or letting them get nose/boob jobs. Abuse would constitute if she's faking their illnesses and medicating them unnecessarily.  Not the former.  And until it's proven that they're not sick or CPS is called or any of the kids come forward to say they were abused, well....

I dislike Yolanda for reasons unrelated to her illness. But I'll defend her when something rings untrue or unfair. What a boring forum this would be if it was Yolanda hate/LVP love all day, every day.  But I can do without the 'can't wait until she's dead or bitch deserves what she gets' posts.  Unnecessary.  Imo, of course.

I don't mind if the reunion remains Yolandaccentric.  She's what we mainly talked about all season and we clearly want explanations.  But like you said, nothing she says will be considered by some.  Andy knows she's a lightning rod for controversy so a Yo reunion is likely what we'll get.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 9

Favor to ask:

Would one of you PT scholars kindly explain to me what "breaking the fourth wall" means, and please give me an example?  I know it has something to do with letting the audience know that this is a tv show, but my brain can't decipher much more than that.  Thanks so much!

P.S.  I thought Erika looked great last night, but I thought Kathryn looked the best and dressed most appropriately for the reunion.  She started off in the season a bit weak for me, but finished as the most grounded, logical and laid back of all all the other women.

I believe that it is an old stage term. If you imagine watching a Play on a stage, you have the 2 walls to the side of you and the one behind. Then you have the wall in front of you, which is the audience. The audience is supposed to make believe that it is all real. On this show, we are supposed to forget that there are cameras, production, lighting, etc. Andy and Bravo don't ever want for the gals to break the 4th wall and let us in on their secrets. More than anything Andy rages against any suggestion that there are any contrived "storylines". It's all supposed to be organic.

LVP saying that there were cameras filming the entire time during Lisar's birthday dinner is a great example of both the way she manipulates the audience, and breaking the 4th wall. She knows (and hopes the audience doesn't, or that they just believe it because she says it) that there is zero chance that Bravo is going to show a HW talking about a storyline, which would be the ultimate example of breaking the wall. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

I believe that it is an old stage term. If you imagine watching a Play on a stage, you have the 2 walls to the side of you and the one behind. Then you have the wall in front of you, which is the audience. The audience is supposed to make believe that it is all real. On this show, we are supposed to forget that there are cameras, production, lighting, etc. Andy and Bravo don't ever want for the gals to break the 4th wall and let us in on their secrets. More than anything Andy rages against any suggestion that there are any contrived "storylines". It's all supposed to be organic.

LVP saying that there were cameras filming the entire time during Lisar's birthday dinner is a great example of both the way she manipulates the audience, and breaking the 4th wall. She knows (and hopes the audience doesn't, or that they just believe it because she says it) that there is zero chance that Bravo is going to show a HW talking about a storyline, which would be the ultimate example of breaking the wall. 

I wonder how Andy/Bravo feel about Rinna who broke the 4th wall by saying "there goes the storyline"? LVP did mention that the cameras where there the whole time but that was after Rinna already broke the 4th wall.

Doesn't "breaking the fourth wall" also include when a character addresses the viewer directly such as when one of the killer in Funny Games addresses the viewer or when Francis Underwood in House of Cards turns towards the camera and talks to the viewer/audience?

• Love 9

The pellet with the poison is in the vessle with the pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.

Ahhh....Danny Kaye - a movie comic genius!!    (I loved him!)    :-)

I don't know how much Yolanda's "vessle" is seeing of a pestle now, since she and David are now separated!    ;-)

Oh, if it's by PRIVATE jet, no problem.

Incredibly stupid people do stupid things. I had a pal who flew charters out of Van Nuys Airport and he would have laughed at doing something like that.

The FIRST thing about transport - animals, materials, objects is that you always secure them. Things have a habit of shifting, falling about, out or over.

Unreal, horses on a regular plane.  Tex Sutton is the only way I would fly a horse, mini or otherwise, too many things can happen during the flight that could injure a horse.

• Love 1

Despite previously having depression, Yolanda still discounts it as a cause of her symptoms. She says she has been depressed at times due to her health but that it is not the cause of her health problems. She minimizes the role of depression but this is the woman with suicidal IDEATIONS and even a PLAN

• Love 16

Any other soap fans see Nancy Lee Grahn's tweet about how she refuses to watch this show because Lisar and Eileen on the show don't represent the women she knows?

Eileen's blog is so over the top. She's acting like she's a whistleblower exposing important corruption. Get a grip girl.

• Love 14

Ahhh....Danny Kaye - a movie comic genius!!    (I loved him!)    :-)

I don't know how much Yolanda's "vessle" is seeing of a pestle now, since she and David are now separated!    ;-)

I don't think David's pestle has been acquainted with Yo's vessel in quite some time.

• Love 6

(a)  Ken misspoke and now the focus is going to be on making a comment about a sick woman's looks

I don't think Ken meant anything bad when he said that Yolanda looked terrible. She kind of did and although it didn't need to be said, I don't think he meant it like, "Damn, bitch is fug." 

That said, Ken is capable of being mean about how he talks to/about women (Kyle and her caftans, Rinna the "stupid bitch") but in that case, I don't think so.

The wives must have been seething. No wonder she said she has no friends and created a new personal. It had to have brutal.

And the thing is, she wasn't even the shiny, perfect hair, perfect make-up Erika we see today.  She was very beautiful but very fresh faced and not so polished.  But she was young (very young compared to them and Tom) and that probably irked some of them to the high heavens.

Right? And sometimes tranquilize them.  What happens if one of those ponies goes berzerk in that plane?  There was a story here in Michigan how a family in a van crashed into a deer.  The deer went through the windshield and went crazy, trying to get out, inside the van killing several members of that family. 

• Love 5

Now?

I'm right there with you. The blush came off that English rose for me after watching her unlikable performance on Dancing with the Stars.
  • Love 1

I wonder how Andy/Bravo feel about Rinna who broke the 4th wall by saying "there goes the storyline"? LVP did mention that the cameras where there the whole time but that was after Rinna already broke the 4th wall.

Doesn't "breaking the fourth wall" also include when a character addresses the viewer directly such as when one of the killer in Funny Games addresses the viewer or when Francis Underwood in House of Cards turns towards the camera and talks to the viewer/audience?

My guess is that Andy didn't like it. I think it could be Lisar's real problem. She is erratic and open to saying too much. Just like Joyce, who revealed behind the scene stuff.

My problem wasn't with LVP breaking any wall. It was in her defense. That there were cameras filming, so Lisar must be lying. That is what she always does to get out of a jam. She didn't see the magazines, so how could she have put them in a suitcase. She never talked to Rinna on the phone, so how could she have told her on the phone talk about anything on camera. She knows that Bravo isn't going to show a scene where a HW is openly talking about storylines, so she throws this out, and people will bite every time. Even folks that know how it works will repeat what LVP says as if it means anything.

• Love 8

I understand and share your frustration and that of the posters that left.  Though not a fan of Yolanda, nor suffering from Lyme, I don't like the vitriol toward every breath she takes/every move she makes.

There's a walk, and then there's a walk. Her explanation is exactly what I posted right after that episode aired and her head was called for.

I feel this as well. I wish Yolanda wouldn't make such grand statements like I've been in a bathrobe since the 16th century. And the pic of Anwar carrying her to her death bed turning out to be an artsy fabulous photo from another angle...it doesn't help her cause. I also personally think she's having a hard time accepting she's getting older and is trying too hard to find an identity in being a "Lyme Warrior". Before it was as David Foster's wife, before that it was Mohammed Hadid's wife, and before that it was Yolanda, Supermodel. When in her life has she ever been just Yo?

I digress, big shock. My point is it seems like her overall message has never been intended to be taken literally, and the other wives have jumped on it and created this false pretense of "confusion". We're sooooo confuuused. No they aren't, they're just mad it takes the attention away from them like every other housewife in the history of time has felt at one moment or another. I work out 5+ days a week fairly intensely--if I were sick and relegated to, say, one 20-minute walk on the treadmill at 3 mph per week, I might say "I haven't worked out in such a long time", even though I was still technically getting weekly exercise. *Some* (not all) of Yo's exaggerations are due to language differences and personal quirks. For example, when she said her head was swollen, I think she was trying to say she had a puffy face (which can indicate something as small as water retention or as significant as kidney dysfunction). I don't see it as anything malicious.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 9

I feel this as well. I wish Yolanda wouldn't make such grand statements like I've been in a bathrobe since the 16th century. And the pic of Anwar carrying her to her death bed turning out to be an artsy fabulous photo from another angle...it doesn't help her cause. I also personally think she's having a hard time accepting she's getting older and is trying too hard to find an identity in being a "Lyme Warrior". Before it was as David Foster's wife, before that it was Mohammed Hadid's wife, and before that it was Yolanda Foster, Supermodel. When in her life has she ever been just Yo?

I digress, big shock. My point is it seems like her overall message has never been intended to be taken literally, and the other wives have jumped on it and created this false pretense of "confusion". We're sooooo confuuused. No they aren't, they're just mad it takes the attention away from them like every other housewife in the history of time has felt at one moment or another. I work out 5+ days a week fairly intensely--if I were sick and relegated to, say, one 20-minute walk on the treadmill at 3 mph per week, I might say "I haven't worked out in such a long time", even though I was still technically getting weekly exercise. *Some* (not all) of Yo's exaggerations are due to language differences and personal quirks. For example, when she said her head was swollen, I think she was trying to say she had a puffy face (which can indicate something as small as water retention or as significant as kidney dysfunction). I don't see it as anything malicious.

Your post reminded me of a prof I had who used to talk a fair bit about "the curse of literal mindedness".  Seems the curse lives on in the HWs.

• Love 3

^^

Profiting from her disease and misinforming people is what is nasty, IMO.

How do you keep fit when in bed?

We don't know that she HAS misinformed people.  Has she told anyone that she was cured by the doctors in Korea or Buttslovia or wherever she went and they should go there to get cured? She's shown pictures of her pharmacy, but has she told anyone she must try this or that?  I don't follow her or her social media that closely to know for sure.

I was on hospital bedrest for 3 months due to a high risk pregnancy.  I stayed in excellent shape by doing arm exercises using light weights and isometrics for my legs by pressing my feet against the footboard and other exercises for my lower body.  All recommended by my dr. and a physical therapist.  I came out firmer than when I went in. And it's possible, nay, probable Yo had access to trainers who were able to work her out.  And she wasn't even confined to bedrest. I was freaking bored and yes, kind of vain about my body so I wasn't just going to lie there and get all fat and atrophied.  I imagine Yo felt the same way.  I remember contracting my buttocks hundreds of times while lying there. LOLOL.  Hell, sometimes I do those exercises while I'm sitting here 'talking' to you. ;-)

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 10

Eileen lookked witchy and ugly last night. I usually find her very pretty. Heavy makeup and red lipstick do not agree with her. She looked old. Same with Rinna. The heavy eyeliner on her inner eyes made her eyes look extremely close together. Not pretty either.

As I suspected there would be a miraculous recovery post marital separation for Yolanda. Will she share her cure with the world??? Maybe that's for the book.

• Love 9

I know others don't agree, but one of the reasons I like Kyle is nights like last night. While I agree that she should have let Kathryn have her feelings, I love that she won't back down in the face of public opinion about Faye. No way she is not extremely clear on the fact that most hate Faye, and she is going to lose points for a hectic defense of her. It would be easier and make more people root for her if she said little to defend her, yet she doesn't change the way she feels about Faye just because it would make her look better. That is something you don't see often from these gals. I actually thought the biggest reveal of the night was Yo whispering to Erika that she wished Kyle would have stood up for her in the same way she stood up for Faye. This one line perfectly summarized all that I dislike about Yo. It is always all about her, even when it isn't. It illuminated the unrealistic expectations that Yo has regarding all of these ladies. Why would Kyle passionately defend Yo in the same manner? What has Yo ever done to inspire that kind of loyalty from Kyle?

YES!!!!  THIS is the crux of Yo.  

I understand, ryrbread, that Yo's definition of what she considers a walk makes sense.  Had she said I have not been able to take my 4 mile daily walk in a year she would have more credibility.  Same with bedridden for 18 months, she probably would defend that with, well I spent most of the time in bed, I didn't mean every minute.   Again it is about her exaggerating/lying in seek of attention. 

Lets not forget, Tom Girardi does not just put up with Erika Jayne's act, he loves it.

http://radaronline.com/videos/real-housewives-beverly-hills-erika-jayne-risque-video-screened-meeting/

ETA:  Apologies for the redundacancy.  I just got up and posted before reading all posts.  I am sure this has been talked about a lot!  Had to get my word in.  Off to read 3 pages!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8

Where, oh, where are Tamra Barney, Meghan King Edmonds, and Shannon Beador when you need them?

Because none of those three would have pussied out from setting Yo's house of lies ablaze - on their personal social media if need be, equipped with documentation and research, and proffering indexed and foot-noted deconstructions about the medical baseleness of this "horse fly's" nonsense.

I know, right?! The ONE time it would be nice to have one of those 3 challenging the WoYo narrative.

Of course Yolanda is sick but she does use it to elicit sympathy and distract from what she's up to...Erika is the only one who has given WoYo a free pass. You know Rinna wasn't the only one shocked by WoYo's medicine cabinet.

• Love 7

My guess is that Andy didn't like it. I think it could be Lisar's real problem. She is erratic and open to saying too much. Just like Joyce, who revealed behind the scene stuff.

My problem wasn't with LVP breaking any wall. It was in her defense. That there were cameras filming, so Lisar must be lying. That is what she always does to get out of a jam. She didn't see the magazines, so how could she have put them in a suitcase. She never talked to Rinna on the phone, so how could she have told her on the phone talk about anything on camera. She knows that Bravo isn't going to show a scene where a HW is openly talking about storylines, so she throws this out, and people will bite every time. Even folks that know how it works will repeat what LVP says as if it means anything.

Precisely. Any expectation that the show editors are going to cut to a moment where one of the cast members directly references something like "There goes our storyline" is an unrealistic expectation. Andy is very adamant about these women referencing editing in any form. Just this past Sunday when Gizelle (RHOP) made mention of the editors during the reunion show, Andy's face changed, and not for the good.

He's fine with the women mentioning other stuff that happened with them behind the scenes, but he'll be damned if they start talking about how the sausage is made.

• Love 7

Actually I would call Yolanda's suicidal ideations with method, not plan. A plan would mean, next Thursday at 1000 I plan to drive to the train and throw myself on the tracks. Method means I have thought about how I would do it and just to be technical,. I would assess Yolanda's ideations without any intent at all but merely fleeting thoughts involving being better off dead than active desire to be dead.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5

Kyle looked so bad on the reunion. Her ill fitting ugly dress, gaudy makeup, and that dour look on her fave are not attractive.

Rinna needs to lay off the fillers and whatever else she keeps doing to her face. I liked her last season, but am starting to think she is mentally unstable.

I don't think LVP wore the same outfit as Erika on purpose. She could afford stylists and glam squads but chooses to do herself most times. ( evidenced by the fried hair, bad eye makeup and droopy lashes). She was showing her ass when she kept pushing for details of David and Yolanda's split.

Erika looked great, but always looks the same. She did look a bit thinner though.

Yolanda looked like she didn't know what to do with her long legs- they were sort of crumpled in front of her.

• Love 7

I'm just going by what I sense in the woman, but I don't think Yoolander ever has actually thought about the details of this idea of suicide.  Rather she envisions some grand noble martyred choice that no one else would be brave enough to take.  And then mentally wallows in the fantasy aftermath.  The children weeping and wailing and giving marathon eulogies.  Mohammed throwing himself on her grave wailing she was his one true love and all the young bippies he tried to fuck senseless in his hidden haram rooms he is so proud of were just a failed attempt to alleviate the pain of never being good enough for the eternal perfection that is Yoolander.  The President and Congress of course declare a national week of mourning.  Millions fill the streets to watch her body go to its eternal rest in a way that makes the funeral cortege of Princess Diana look like a line up of carpoolers at the local school let off.  Outcry is heard from even more millions demanding the heads of every woman who was not her true friend.  And David Foster composes his greatest epic masterpiece based on his grief for her.  Before plunging off a cliff. 

Then she just snaps back to reality and takes the smaller pleasures in lying her ass off and getting to wallow in the self-imposed fake living martyrdom that is her actual life.  But self-involved hags like her don't off themselves at this stage.  Bitch has got plenty of fake illness to live for right now.

• Love 23

Erika is being a good company girl by ducking the question,

"Did Yolanda talk to you about her divorce?" Damn good try Erika, but, it didn't work.  So funny.  You know nothing about this woman!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 13

I digress, big shock. My point is it seems like her overall message has never been intended to be taken literally, and the other wives have jumped on it and created this false pretense of "confusion".

And yet, Kyle said her depression was "completely debilitating for 2 years" after her mom died.  The emphasis on completely was Kyle's. 

Yet, for those 2 years, I can find many pictures of her at Paris' various product launches, fund raisers, the MTV Movie Awards, filming 'ER' and 'The Simple Life'.  She even managed to get out and get her hair cut during that completely debilitating time.  (Looks good, btw) 

For someone completely debilitated, she sure got around a lot.

kyle_richards_2003_04_12.jpg

• Love 8