Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Because Chris Hardwick Wants to Beat Ryan Seacrest

• Start Topic

I'm not sure the new people can shit gold out of dirt sandwiches anymore than the old people could.  I don't think there was much wrong with the old cast, except for writing ... and that seems to be in sorry supply in this world.

And,  it's TOE THE LINE.  Goddammit.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 1

Furthermore, "Luciana" - your assertion that we don't ever get to see crossovers (except for Marvel), shows you're totally ignorant of all things TeeVee - asshole.

And the couch's insistence that Frank's was a beautiful, peaceful and happily-ever-after scene?  He was choking on his own blood - no amount of fake flowers and meadows negate the fact that he died in the dirt, helpless and afraid.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I was surprised to learn about Dillane's departure. I am not sure that I buy that he wanted off the show. Based on his strange arrest at CBS last year or so, he has an addiction or emotional problem. I find it more likely the show didn't want to deal with it so they decided to fire him.  

I'm not following how an arrest at CBS logically means that he has an addiction or emotional problem?

• Love 1

I totally buy that Dillane wanted off this show.  If they wanted to fire him they could have just said, "blah blah, nobody is safe on the show blah blah, his character arc had come to an end". Why make up stories that it was his choice?  It's not like he is some famous actor with a rep. Yes, he is the son of a British character actor but that means little here.  Did he ever appear on the Talking Dead? I don't remember him ever appearing. Maybe he just didn't care all that much about the show.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, magdalene said:

I totally buy that Dillane wanted off this show.  If they wanted to fire him they could have just said, "blah blah, nobody is safe on the show blah blah, his character arc had come to an end". Why make up stories that it was his choice?  It's not like he is some famous actor with a rep. Yes, he is the son of a British character actor but that means little here.  Did he ever appear on the Talking Dead? I don't remember him ever appearing. Maybe he just didn't care all that much about the show.

I was trying to remember if he had ever been an actual guest on Talking Dead (as opposed to just shown in interview clips).   IMDB is not reliable, as they include his video clip interviews as appearances on the show.   My first inclination was to say no, he had never appeared on the show, but then I was second guessing myself.    I'm not 100% sure.   I tend to think that IF he ever did sit on the couch and talk to Chris, it could not have been more than once in the duration of his time on FTWD.    Other FTWD cast members have appeared several times each season, or at least multiple times over the last couple of years (Kim Dickens being one of the frequent guests).

Edited by TVFan17

Most of the time when an actor leaves they say something on social media and I don't think Dillane has.  So I do wonder if "pursue other projects" is what the show is saying but maybe they did want him gone?  The constant praising is something they always do - the departed actor is always the funniest/smartest/most talented, caring person ever. 

I have to disagree with those on TD who said he got a good sendoff - his crops failed (not his fault, but whatever); he wasn't able to bring the kid back from the dark side; he bumbled round like Mr. Magoo after capturing Morgan et al; got smacked by Morgan; had to be saved by Morgan; ok, he managed to kill Ennis and then dies in what must have been a painful way.  Beautiful sendoff whaaat??  I mean, Travis went out a hero, if Daniel is dead he died saving everyone...Nick did NOT get a bad ass or a peaceful death.

Regardless, I was surprised and I think he did a good job as Nick.   Not everyone is ultra competent at everything or even anything. 

13 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I'm mostly just aggravated that the two gigglepuss show writers on the couch are being all coy and cryptic about secret messages in title cards, etc. 

I thought it was kind of a neat idea - I didn't take it as "oh you have to figure these out to understand something on the show" but more of what they thought would be cool Easter Eggs.  I hope TD does put them together at the end of the season, I'm not interested enough to attempt it but I'm curious about them.

• Love 1
On 4/30/2018 at 7:12 PM, magdalene said:

IIRC, Mr Diillane has said he suffers from social anxiety. He appeared via satellite on TTD.

This was a hilarious episode of TD. Maggie Grace is very charismatic. And finally, somebody points out Chris Hardwick's fake laugh! haha, I died.

Nice, Yvette Nicole Brown will be on next week. Did she decide to catch up on Fear because Morgan crossed over? Figured she wasn't as interested in this show because I don't remember her ever being on it for Fear...

On 5/13/2018 at 8:26 PM, chick binewski said:

Oh dear. Dharma is as problematic an interviewee as the rest of her ilk. 

As soon as she started blabbering about what an artist she is, I deleted it from my DVR. I just didn’t have the patience.

• Love 3

My favorite weekly TD moment is the promo they play in the middle of FTWD where Chris Hardwick maintains a stiff upper lip as he pleads with people to stick around through Into The Badlands and join him for Talking Dead.  "CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT?  WE'RE GOING TO BREAK IT ALL DOWN FOR YOU!  Plus we have a sneak preview of next week's episode."

I shouldn't rag on Chris though--it's a tough sell.

• Love 5
On 5/15/2018 at 10:47 PM, GreyBunny said:

As soon as she started blabbering about what an artist she is, I deleted it from my DVR. I just didn’t have the patience.

Srsly; she is a baaaad actress and cannot emote anything above a whisper that doesnt have the tone of her complaining and blaming someone else. Shes like nails on chalkboard. 

SO SRSLY; hows she getting cast in anything?? Shes also a highranking scientologist so shesin fact recruiting every time shes in a high profile role like this.  So WHO is casting these shows??

• Love 3
(edited)

NO, GALE AN HURD. That is a stupid, stupid response. That the reason that Dharma didnt take the guns and instead took her journal was because "she felt guilty"?

GAH gas the most unusual face. She looks like an illustration of a witch from a childrens book.

Edited by Buttless

No its not ambiguous. Its a pretty straight forward diagnosis.. Being the focus many people make him so anxious that his panic response is heightened and its uncomfortable to the point where he cant be himself in front of an audience. I understand.

DILL A HUNT!!!!!

BEST guest EVER, for mentioning the towel next to John Dorys bed and for mentioning that Rick Grimes is a horrible shot.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Buttless said:

BEST guest EVER, for mentioning the towel next to John Dorys bed and for mentioning that Rick Grimes is a horrible shot.

Garrett Dillahunt was adorable.  Loved him!!! 

• Love 4
On 4/30/2018 at 8:44 PM, raven said:

Nick did NOT get a bad ass or a peaceful death.

I assumed this was not referring to his actual death, but to that little "in color" segment afterward, which I thought was supposed to be his afterlife

(edited)

Someone commented after Kim appeared on TTD earlier that she didn't look happy to be there. Guess we know why now.

WT, I know. The whole thing about killing Naomi didn't make sense to me, either. But, my tv was messed up for a while. Have to re-watch it.

I guess they killed Play Dead, too, like story sync? I liked those things.

Edited by Cherokee Rose
Just now, Cherokee Rose said:

Someone commented after Kim appeared on TTD earlier that she didn't look happy to be there. Guess we know why now.

I knew she was dead from that show she was on. She led with her story  about how she told Dillahunt that your body never gets a chance to heal from the exertion of making the show. No actor over 50 would dare say that but i think she did because she didnt have to worry about being seen as an aging woman at that point. She was already thrown out.  And whod they bring in? Probably so they couldnt get sued for ageism. They brought in an actress that has been a dancer all her life.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Buttless said:

They brought in an actress that has been a dancer all her life

Which actress was this?

I don't see why they'd kill off Kim, after they knew Nick was leaving.... Agree, doesn't sound like Kim has work. Sad, though, to say that whole career was working up to Fear.

I thought the Debner girl gave her a backhanded compliment at the beginning of this show. Stating oh, they made you look so good, you looked so good on the last show. Like she doesn't normally look good. Later oh she complimented her much better, but that first comment took me by surprise. 

• Love 2

+++++++++++++++ I remember people, myself included complaining why don't we get the prizes they give away too. So, now maybe we have a chance. I hope it doesn't depend on a fast computer. I will never win. Net Neutrality is officially over in 6 minutes. I can already hear the cable co. cash registers going KACHING!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

Hardwick has to be the biggest liar since you-know-who. No way he believes how great this storytelling is or how great this is for the fans. ridiculous.

Yea...I've said it before : he used look genuinely exciting....now it just looks like he's going through the motions. 

• Love 2

Hardwick stated in a recent interview that he deliberately avoids finding things out about the show, he wants to experience them as one with the studio audience. If that’s true then he might genuinely get pissed off with some of the decisions made and it might show on screen. I rarely watch TTD but will have to download this weeks it sounds interesting!

• Love 2