Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Because Chris Hardwick Wants to Beat Ryan Seacrest

• Start Topic

OooMaggie, are you talking about CH rumors from old girlfriend? I was surprised to read that. It can be so confusing, did it really happen, or is she jealous of his new life, new wife. If it happened shame on him. If she is lying shame on her. 

• Love 3

I am indeed, neither party are being cast in a particularly good light at the moment, if he does get the boot then please, please don’t replace him with that blabbermouth Nicole Brown!  Kim Dickens is looking for a job Lol

• Love 2
(edited)

He got the boot. DailyMail has the story online. He is out at Talking with Chris. He pulled himself out of the Comic-Con board/talk. I was going to watch tonight because I really like Donald Glover. He is such a cool dude, real chill . I have mixed emotions about the allegations. 

Edited by WalkerTalker

People have been talking about Chris and his behavior since the days of Singled Out. I'm not surprised that he's getting boot, there's never just one incident or one issue when it comes to stuff like this. The essay by his ex was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Personally, I've always been in awe of the fact that someone was so little talent was able to parlay said little talent into some high paying well known gigs. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, ShellsandCheese said:

People have been talking about Chris and his behavior since the days of Singled Out. I'm not surprised that he's getting boot, there's never just one incident or one issue when it comes to stuff like this. The essay by his ex was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Personally, I've always been in awe of the fact that someone was so little talent was able to parlay said little talent into some high paying well known gigs. 

I'm not familiar with Singled Out. What was the talk about him?

7 hours ago, ShellsandCheese said:

I've always been in awe of the fact that someone was so little talent was able to parlay said little talent into some high paying well known gigs. 

Lol, I’m afraid in that industry, the level of success achieved has very little to do with the level of talent possessed, did someone mention Scott ‘The Gimp’ Gimple? Lol

• Love 5
9 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

He got the boot. DailyMail has the story online. He is out at Talking with Chris. He pulled himself out of the Comic-Con board/talk. I was going to watch tonight because I really like Donald Glover. He is such a cool dude, real chill . I have mixed emotions about the allegations. 

Surely only temporary suspension until enough info has been released, it doesn’t sound as though any crime is being alleged but what does she mean by him ‘doing the right thing’? Admit to the allegations, pay her compensation? How much slack will the shows give him before cutting all ties I wonder. 

I want to see Donald Glover as well. I don't disbelieve her and I do not defend him in any way, he has stated on many occasions that he was a ginormous douche with a toxic personality in the past. However, he has remained friends with many of his ex's. I do believe he has been shallow, narcissistic, insecure etc in his relationships but those are not crimes. If one viewed the family I grew up in I'd say she and I were sisters, my father was very controlling. I think every woman, whether girlfriend or wife, has had sex when they didn't want to and she does not in any way describe it like rape, he never forced her. He is sober and she said he didn't allow her to drink, if you start dating a vegan they fuss if you eat meat, those are not uncommon requests.

None of these qualities about him are admirable but she agreed to it. Every day that she stayed she agreed. Yes the relationship was all about him, his needs, his goals but she knew it going in. I think "doing the right thing" is for him not to seek retribution and/or apologize. His career may be sunk at this moment but hers is too, she just poked the Hearst empire. He won't have to seek retribution.

• Love 5
(edited)

This is the first time I ever heard anything negative like this about CH. I agree with nachomama. From the story I read he was a real jerk. But, she agreed to the terms of the relationship. She agreed to make herself available for sex every night when he came home. He certainly was no romantic. He states she cheated on him. Did she, or is it a convenient excuse for the way he treated her. There are too many she said, he said issues. But, the one thing he allegedly did that was wrong was blacklisting her, if indeed he did blacklist her. What they agreed to in the relationship,and how controlling/jerky he was is one thing. But, to blacklist anyone out of anger,hate etc. is wrong. Then again, if there are other stories out there, it may have been his way of trying to silence her by getting rid of her. Get her out of the circle of friends, employers. A young HW in the making, or just mimicking others who do the same in HW. Or, someone who has clearly made mistakes in his past. Someone who had an addiction and turned his life around. Someone who saw the jerk within himself and became a better man for it. Telling someone you are  sorry can be the greatest gift you give them. I have been owed apologies that I would have appreciated. I wasn't holding my breath though.  I know I have made mistakes for which I apologized for. I still make mistakes and apologize for them today.  Life is a journey. If we just try to remember to be loving,forgiving, and compassionate with ourselves, and all people in our lives we would all be much happier for it. 

Edited by WalkerTalker
  • Love 3

Hey all you TWD Fans this Sunday they will be showcasing the Dixon Brothers. It starts Sunday at 11:45 am est.. It sounds like they will be showcasing a different character/characters every week.Too bad they don't come up with a Dixon bro's backstory. A one night short story series for all the characters. Then end it with a short story road to where they all aligned or came to meet up eventually. Or, at least they will do it until they decide CH fate. 

• Love 1

She states at the end that she left him for another guy, if she didn't already have the guy lined up then she would have stayed? If she couldn't be alone or they had a toxic co-dependent relationship those are whole different issues. These are not crimes. There are a thousand guys in media who are much worse than CH and got away with it for much longer, Bill O'Reilly comes to mind, granted nobody thought he was a sweetheart. I feel like my mom and countless others would tell her, "hold my beer" she thinks CH was insensitive? asking when he could have sex after egtopic pregnancy...my mom found out she had cancer and my dad "helpfully" asked where she wanted to be buried.

• Love 1

Regarding her ‘essay’, she stated that she “quietly posted an article this morning”, exactly what did she think would happen? That it would stay quiet or that it would be headline news by days end.

She said she left him for someone else, not because of the alleged abuse or because her life was so awful and unbearable, but for someone else. At the start of things, would anyone presented with a list of acceptable behaviour, actually stay long enough to finish reading it? it’s such things that have my sympathy meter still hovering at zero.

• Love 1

Hi, 

Just read the update on Daily Mail. It eludes to the TMZ story re; emails between CH, and CD. WOW, she said, he said. I had mixed emotions about this story from the beginning. It sounded like it was a controlling relationship from the beginning. But, one she agreed to be in for 3 years. She agreed to be available for sex without romance every night. It sounds like they were both in a place were neither one of them was sure of what they wanted from a relationship, if they wanted, or even needed to be in a relationship. Did he blacklist her(?), or did she get judged by her lack of loyalty, poor judgement in her personal life. I don't know, but like I stated from the beginning, If she is lying shame on her for ruining his professional life. Which she knows meant alot to him because he worked so hard to get to where he is in life. If he is lying, shame on him for taking advantage of someone with low self-esteem. If the text messages are the real thing I have to side with CH on this one. If she is lying,  shame on her for not just ruining his career, but making it harder for women to be believed  who do suffer at the hands of abusers. I should probably just keep my thoughts to myself. Who knows for sure these days. Reports recently came out about TMZ allegedly collaborating with Roger Stone and the campaign to do dirty dealings. So, who is to say TMZ is not putting this info out on behalf on CH and his peeps. See HL what you have done to your own reputation . One does not believe you either anymore, Sad!

• Love 1

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jennie McCarthy was great on MTV Singled Out. No disrespect, but I didn't even remember CH hosting with her on that show. She was so out there, so WILD, so FUNNY. I can't believe no network utilizes her talent now. Her cousin Melissa should do a comedy/family show with her. It would probably be a riot. 

I always liked Chris and don't watch any of his other shows besides Talking Dead. I'm not sure about his losing his job over this, but I read the article in Medium and honestly I have no interest in ever watching him again. He treated this woman terribly and to have the ego to suggest he was so important that should could not speak to him in public, take pictures etc is just appalling. Then there was the time he asked the doctor as his girlfriend was coming out of surgery and in front of her mother, when they could have sex. Is any of this abusive? Maybe not physically, but emotionally and verbally yes. I had heard things for awhile now about his ego, but he comes across quite differently on TV. So, I hate to have people lose there jobs, but on the other hand, no one is ever promised anything and the network could easily fill the spot with someone else and I will still watch. 

• Love 1
On 5/20/2018 at 9:40 PM, candall said:

My favorite weekly TD moment is the promo they play in the middle of FTWD where Chris Hardwick maintains a stiff upper lip as he pleads with people to stick around through Into The Badlands and join him for Talking Dead.  "CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT?  WE'RE GOING TO BREAK IT ALL DOWN FOR YOU!  Plus we have a sneak preview of next week's episode."

I shouldn't rag on Chris though--it's a tough sell.

Thank you for mentioning this. I wish AMC would not force us to sit through The Badlands in order to watch Talking Dead.

I find Badlands to be an "okay" show, but I prefer to watch Talking Dead straight after FTWD.

I hate the hour long delay that AMC puts between the two shows. 

Also. There have been times, especially on TWD show, where it's been painful to watch Hardwick on the after-show for TWD, because much of season 7 TWD was just so very dull, but Hardwick would hype it up on Talking Dead. 

I did find seasons 1, 2 of FTWD to be pretty boring (one or two episodes were good but most seemed dull), and it was a little difficult to watch Hardwick's after-show for FTWD.

I find it awkward to see someone pretending to find something very interesting that was in reality about as exciting as watching paint dry.

On 6/10/2018 at 10:45 PM, Cherokee Rose said:

Agree, doesn't sound like Kim has work. Sad, though, to say that whole career was working up to Fear.

I thought Dickinson told Hardwick she may have a project coming up, I can't remember what. I thought she told Hardwick some show biz friend of hers may want to cast her in some upcoming show or movie??

You could always go to her IMDB page, and that will tell you if she is filming anything now or will.

Aisha Taylor on Unapologetic just announced that CH talk show will be off air for now. I do feel bad for CH. After all the allegations CD made against him the other day she states thanks for all the support I will be moving forward now. What the heck, she just blew his life up and now she is moving on. Not jumping on the #MeTo movement that spouts from these type of statements.  I personally think this chick was out to destroy CH. Unfortunately, for him it sounds like she may have succeeded. Not to mention the step backwards for women who have really been abused. This chick has issues. Reading the article is like I can almost hear the glee in her voice having blown his life up. It is like she couldn't stand that he moved on after she screwed around on him. She tried for months to get back together with him, almost a year. Now when he is in a great place she comes out with this bs, and a couple weeks later, I'm moving forward. It is bad, it is sad, but CH should thank his lucky stars if this is the worst thing that happens to him from this relationship. It could have been a fatal attraction, or worse he could have married this sad,hateful person. 

• Love 3

Quit watching FTWD after the Season 1 midseason finale. In the past few weeks bingewatched every episode and am up to date.

I was only able to catch a few bits of Talking Dead highlights on AMC via Roku. But it struck me as odd - did Frank Dillane never guest on the show, ever? I would have expected him on the last episode he was on, but nope. And from what I could see of those highlight thumbnails, he never did previously.

Anyone know anything about that? I just find it curious.

He did some of those remote interviews but nope he never was on the show, they have said he has an extreme social anxiety thing and asked to be removed from the show because of what it was doing to him. I hadn't heard anything from the cast about him being anti-social or difficult to work with but there's something going on with him.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:20 AM, nachomama said:

He did some of those remote interviews but nope he never was on the show, they have said he has an extreme social anxiety thing and asked to be removed from the show because of what it was doing to him. I hadn't heard anything from the cast about him being anti-social or difficult to work with but there's something going on with him.

Are you referring to the actor who played Nick the drug addict son on Fear the Walking Dead? I think his first name in real life is Frank?

Hardwick returns, producer and other staffers leave Talking Dead

Chris Hardwick is returning to “Talking Dead” this weekend, but one executive producer and several staffers won’t be. TheWrap reports that a female EP has chosen to depart the “Walking Dead” after-show along with a “handful” of its 25 or so staffers now that Hardwick has been reinstated following AMC’s investigation into claims of abuse made by his ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra.

Well, they are over that awkward moment. 

Just now, Cherokee Rose said:

So Morgan isn't going back to make things right? But to run away?

I thought he  had come to term with things, the za etc. .I never thought he was running away. 

• Love 1

Kinda always " in the area" we are in the middle of a forest....but thankfully, no close calls THIS summer. So far.

3 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

She is right too, keep your back to the wall if you are going to immerse yourself in music and booze. 

------------ you'd think that would be second nature at this point.

• Love 1
Just now, WalkerTalker said:

They better not give her another name, lol. 

Has she finally trusted enough to give her real name? Though I like her first 2 names better. She doesn't look like a "June".

Hope the romance lasts, though. I really like it. :)

"Bad seed children". Lol. "Look at the flowers"! Great answer, Yvette.

• Love 2

The moon in your eye like a big PIZZA pie, that's Charlies fav food. 

Just now, Cherokee Rose said:

Perhaps a new character, new group, new threat. I guess it ended up leading to Alicia's emotional release.

So, Alicia could use it as a learning tool to help others down the road. What she learned in that moment following those clues,I see now. 

• Love 2