Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Because Chris Hardwick Wants to Beat Ryan Seacrest

• Start Topic

Okay, guys, again:  This thread is for The Talking Dead.  This is where we talk about what's discussed there, the guests, Hardwick, whatever.  If you're discussing the episode we just watched, that goes in the episode thread that is open to posting at the end of each episode.  Posts about the episode itself have been moved to the appropriate thread, which this week can be found here.  As always, completely off-topic stuff can be and has been removed.

• Love 4

Jenna Elfman cannot shut up!  Whoever complained about Kim Dickensen being reticent - this is your alternative!

I liked hearing about Coleman directing and hope he does keep directing episodes.

And, having not watched Talking Dead for a while, I'm glad they seem to have finally done away with all the quizzes and fan art accompanied by mind crushing music.  It's a TV show, not a video game.

• Love 3
On 9/3/2018 at 1:57 PM, meep.meep said:

Jenna Elfman cannot shut up!  Whoever complained about Kim Dickensen being reticent - this is your alternative!

I liked hearing about Coleman directing and hope he does keep directing episodes.

And, having not watched Talking Dead for a while, I'm glad they seem to have finally done away with all the quizzes and fan art accompanied by mind crushing music.  It's a TV show, not a video game.

Elfman is one of the most annoying people on this green earth. They literally could not have picked a worse person to replace Dickinson. She makes the show almost unwatchable for me. Why does this idiot still get jobs, let alone jobs where she's almost starring in an effing show...

It's a more somber TD show, now that Hardwick has slunk back after his ex- accused him of a Birkin full of crap.

Has Debnham Carey been on, yet? Are some of the actors resisting going on the show now, lest they be tainted as not supporting his accuser, a woman?  Seems to me they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for guests.  I could care less what these fool guests think. Some of them are trying too hard to be the funny one, and its grim.   That Property Brothere, ugh; go away.

I hate the character Charlie but the ragging they were doing on her (as played by that young actress) , on that couch was utterly trashy behavior. It reminded me of all the trash talking off the show that went on about how Carl was a brat and should die. But some criticism off the board is to be expected. On the after show, the guest should probably be intelligent and  decent enough to not trash talk kids to the extent that they did.  Yes; the child actress should know that there is going to be anger over the character she plays.  BUt they blur the line od the characters vs the actors a lot for the unwashed rabble tuning into the show, and look how that has gone.  TD and those two morons, Winans & Ophelia) should have known better than to act so irresponsibly.  It wasnt even ood TV. It was just despicable, and TV should have cut that all out. And isnt the biggest trash talker from a gospel family? I recognize the  last name, but not the person.  Anyway, she was ignorant  and the Ophelia actress was also stupid. Why in the world would they bring that attention hog back? The way she falls all over herself to make a crack, is just awful and cringe-y.  

Got to say, as much as I want to support women, I could not support his ex-. She did not pass the smell test.  That said, Hardwick himself is a dick. And that first show where he's fake crying , etc....it was hard to watch someone that manipulative and wimpy, as he kissed the audience's ass, and shed his crocodile tears.

Edited by Butless

I'm not sure the accusations are the reason why Alycia DC hasn't been on yet. Although it was unusual for her not to guest in the aftershow for the episode where she was the only one of 2 people in it (the other being a child), it could be availability because these shows have all been pretaped one after the other for some reason so if some of the actors were on vacation or otherwise unavailable, they couldn't make it to any of the TD shows (unlike when they're live and there are weeks between each episode so it's more flexible for the actors to pencil it into their schedule.

If the show is not currently filming and I'm pretty sure the rest of the season is done and they're on hiatus she's more than likely gone back to Australia or different location shooting if she's got other projects. I think most are locals and I know Garrett Dillahunt is off for Deadwood, he would still be in Los Angeles I think but this would be her opportunity to go visit her homeland.

On 9/3/2018 at 12:57 PM, meep.meep said:

There was fan art on last night's (Sept 9, 2018) Talking Dead.

It was a photo manipulation or drawing of Strand holding some alcohol with a tag line of "These grapes weren't meant for wrath" or something like that. 

I wish they'd stop doing the Subway bits on the Talking Dead - the clips sponsored by Subway. I can live without those.

They almost always have three guests on the show, but last night, they only had two - the actors who play Strand and Luciana (I think her name is).

1 hour ago, nachomama said:

If the show is not currently filming and I'm pretty sure the rest of the season is done and they're on hiatus she's more than likely gone back to Australia or different location shooting if she's got other projects. I think most are locals and I know Garrett Dillahunt is off for Deadwood, he would still be in Los Angeles I think but this would be her opportunity to go visit her homeland.

An actress like her isnt going to miss the opportunity to be on a show. So maybe she has a project or some urgent business, but I doubt it. It's just as likely or more to be a political move. Look how fast Hardwick was judged in the court of public opinion.

On 9/10/2018 at 5:41 AM, Butless said:

I hate the character Charlie but the ragging they were doing on her (as played by that young actress) , on that couch was utterly trashy behavior. It reminded me of all the trash talking off the show that went on about how Carl was a brat and should die. But some criticism off the board is to be expected. On the after show, the guest should probably be intelligent and  decent enough to not trash talk kids to the extent that they did.  Yes; the child actress should know that there is going to be anger over the character she plays.  BUt they blur the line od the characters vs the actors a lot for the unwashed rabble tuning into the show, and look how that has gone.  TD and those two morons, Winans & Ophelia) should have known better than to act so irresponsibly.  It wasnt even ood TV. It was just despicable, and TV should have cut that all out. And isnt the biggest trash talker from a gospel family? I recognize the  last name, but not the person.  Anyway, she was ignorant  and the Ophelia actress was also stupid. Why in the world would they bring that attention hog back? The way she falls all over herself to make a crack, is just awful and cringe-y.  

Got to say, as much as I want to support women, I could not support his ex-. She did not pass the smell test.  That said, Hardwick himself is a dick. And that first show where he's fake crying , etc....it was hard to watch someone that manipulative and wimpy, as he kissed the audience's ass, and shed his crocodile tears.

I had no problem at all with them criticizing the character of Charlie. It was a breath of fresh air especially with Chris and the show runners absolving Charlie of any culpability just because she wasn't 18. Since she was introduced, they plastered a get out of jail free card on her forehead and stunted the actors reactions to her treachery. Would have been more honest if they superimposed a sad eyed puppy dog meme over her face, so we know not to take anything she did seriously. Our little Sour Patch Charlie. First she's sour then she's sweet.

For once I enjoyed watching Talking Dead. Crusty Marta, Sinbad and Lou Diamond Philips who directed the episode were on. The show is God awful, but with Sinbad, one can take the comedic look at the episode. The actress also shared an interesting tidbit that she cut off her locks during the filming and went with a wig due to all the mud and dirt. I noticed in the previous episode the discrepancy in her hair from scene to scene and I didn't know why that was happening. However next week it seems costuming has lost their minds and put some huge cowardly lion mane on her. 

The actress is stunningly beautiful, but she sure had a blush mishap. The right side blush was not blended in, and it distracted me all night. 

I tried watching because it featured Aaron Stanford. I got four minutes in, to where she's discussing June telling Jim he's going to die.

I got so annoyed I had to turn it off. Christ, woman.

Edited by Aliferously
I can edit posts for longer then I thought.
  • Love 1
On 9/23/2018 at 11:22 PM, For Cereals said:

I like Mo Collins, but too much Jenna Elfman.  Each time she’s on, she describes her character’s actions with the seriousness of an episode of Actor’s Studio.  Lou Diamond Phillips was just as blowhardy.

She was stepping into Mo Collins'  time, too. Mo seems like the nicest person, but I think she even was irritating her, too.  Elfman ia so manipulative, in the dumbest, most coarse way. She was stepping into each of her those costars time on the couch. She was childing them for shit like being a downer; just anything to keep the spotlight on her. ADB hasnt been on once but we're stuck with this blowhard asshole friend of Hardwick's now at the head of or center couch.

I want to know who is casting Elfman? She cant act or do comedy and yet she still is getting plum jobs. She is a highup in a cult that abuses people, children routinely. And the map out PR for people like her dumb ass to carry onto programs just like TD. The reason so much time was given up to her talking about how she had her kids on the set was to offset the bad press her cult is getting now.  And rightly so. They squeeze the parents for every penny theyve got, put them to work and maje them send their kids off to live at cult facilities where they are brainwashed and abused. Nearly all parental and family ties are broken, withheld and totally axed if they finally make their way out of the cult. Its fucking sick and a national travesty that every onre of these sick higher ups running this cult havent been put in jail for life and their illgotten assests seized.

She has been a shill right next to tom cruise, the travoltas, and kirsty alley for over two decades now. When will she be held accountable? Instead shes given favors and jobs, so she can continue to pretend to be the legit face of this horrible cult and recruit even more victims, ruin more lives and families

• Love 4
(edited)

July 8, 2019-

Does anyone know why AMC has not been doing "Talking Dead" after "Fear the Walking Dead" episodes for awhile now?

I can't remember the last time they did one for "Fear" - maybe for the first episode of this season, which is what, season five? Or maybe the last time they did a Talking Dead for Fear was back in Season 4?

Have they given a reason as to why they are no longer doing Talking Dead for the Fear show?

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
21 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

July 8, 2019-

Does anyone know why AMC has not been doing "Talking Dead" after "Fear the Walking Dead" episodes for awhile now?

I can't remember the last time they did one for "Fear" - maybe for the first episode of this season, which is what, season five? Or maybe the last time they did a Talking Dead for Fear was back in Season 4?

Have they given a reason as to why they are no longer doing Talking Dead for the Fear show?

My guess is because they want people to watch NOS4A2, which is on immediately following FTWD

• Love 3
(edited)

Talking Dead was tough to take .

Daryl Mitchell was carrying on as if he was in the greatest scene in TV history.

Poor Mo Collins had a hard time reading the script due to seriousness of this scene. 

If I had known what went on behind the camera to bring this, I wouldn't have laughed too hard as is it aired.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
On 7/22/2019 at 5:37 PM, mxc90 said:

Talking Dead was tough to take .

Daryl Mitchell was carrying on as if he was in the greatest scene in TV history.

Poor Mo Collins had a hard time reading the script due to seriousness of this scene. 

If I had known what went on behind the camera to bring this, I wouldn't have laughed too hard as is it aired.

That's the problem with this show. They take things so seriously. Poor Daryl was trying to tell us how physically hard that scene was, but when I first watched it my first question was "Dude, where's your upper body strength?" The stunt was probably sweating because it was hot in Texas.

I don't know if it was bad makeup, but I desperately wanted to put some lotion on him.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The actress who plays Dakota was on and already looks like she has the dreaded blow up lips. She’s too young to look artificial.

I don't think so, based on her younger photos. I think the cat eye liner was a shade too harsh on her.