Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Douglas wrote 2 of my all-time favorites — “Beautiful: the Carole King Musical” and the movie “Emma”.  What a talented man and seemed to be just a lovely guy.  64 — too too young.  

Which version of Emma? There have been several.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

Poor kid. He was Beiber before Beiber. I remember seeing him on tour with his brother as a cute little 10 year old. I’m sad his life turned out this way. 

I only ever knew of him as a young performer back in the day.  Just read the wiki article about him.  What a sad life he seems to have led.   What a shame.

• Sad 5
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Here’s  a video of Aaron complaining of his fiancé trying to reach him by phone and him ignoring her….he says that she told him he was going to die…….I’m not sure how long it was before he did.  

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/6621233/aaron-carter-fiancee-melanie-martin-predicted-death-video/

Looks like 3 days:

Fans mourning the I Want Candy singer shared the clip, pointing out the exchange occurred three days before his death.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1

Aw. Before his death Leslie Jordan gifted his good friends a home makeover through the Scott brothers' “Celebrity IOU,” Episode premieres November 14.

CNN got a preview look at the episode in which Jordan laughs as the Scotts put him to work, swinging a sledge hammer into walls on demolition day. He becomes overcome with emotion for being able to gift his friends with something they’ve always wanted.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10

I’ll be spending the weekend marathon watching THE BEST BATMAN series EVER.

WB  can SUCK IT! for squandering the many opportunities they had for a Justice League  reunion movie, and failure to cast the The DEFINITIVE BATS in all the home to DVD movies.🤬🤬🤬

Yeah, I’m fucking BITTER.

• Love 7

Kevin Conroy was “my” Batman, too.  I remember my brother and I watching the Batman:  The Animated Series episode “Heart of Ice” (I don’t know if it was the premiere, but it was the first episode we ever saw) and knowing that this was truly special, an animated show unlike any other we had ever seen, and Kevin Conroy was a huge part of that transformational experience.  He was also a gay man who had to hide it most of his career due to negative repercussions, so he was very brave to come out a few years back.

I know that people get cancer for every reason and no reason, but in that clip above where he mentioned cooking meals for relief workers after 9/11, it made  me think that he probably lived in lower Manhattan and wonder if his intestinal cancer was related to other cases linked to the horrible air effects there (which weren’t just limited to lung effects and included a high number of digestive issues).  It’s probably unknowable, but it just makes you think.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Victor Kirakis wasn’t as much as a magnificent bastard Stefano DiMera, but great all the same.

Poor Jennifer. Okay, 2022, you made your point. Can you just cool it now?!

Stefano loved the thrill of playing mind games. Victor would destroy you as quickly and effortlessly as possible ... when written correctly, of course.

He was a constant throughout my whole life. RIP John Aniston, soap opera legend!

Edited by Amello
  • Love 11

I'm so glad John got the Lifetime Achievement Emmy this past year. 

Though I haven't watched DOOL in quite some time, I will always remember his Victor Kiriakis. No one mastered the art of the put-down quite like him.

His response to Deidre Hall's Marlena's "Go to hell!"

CloseShockingGrosbeak-size_restricted.gi

Priceless.

Also, his vulnerability with the late Peggy McKay's Caroline.

RIP, John!

• Sad 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Peace 47 said:

I know that people get cancer for every reason and no reason, but in that clip above where he mentioned cooking meals for relief workers after 9/11, it made  me think that he probably lived in lower Manhattan and wonder if his intestinal cancer was related to other cases linked to the horrible air effects there (which weren’t just limited to lung effects and included a high number of digestive issues).  It’s probably unknowable, but it just makes you think.

I'm pretty certain he lived in California.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm so glad John got the Lifetime Achievement Emmy this past year. 

Though I haven't watched DOOL in quite some time, I will always remember his Victor Kiriakis. No one mastered the art of the put-down quite like him.

His response to Deidre Hall's Marlena's "Go to hell!"

CloseShockingGrosbeak-size_restricted.gi

Priceless.

Also, his vulnerability with the late Peggy McKay's Caroline.

RIP, John!

Victor was so savage. He had some of the best lines, and John delivered them so well. 

I know he was 89, but I thought he'd live to around 100. Still really surprised and saddened by his death as someone who grew up watching Days of Our Lives. 

RIP John, you were a very talented actor and soap legend. Days won't be the same without you. 

• Hugs 1
  • Love 9
On 11/14/2022 at 10:17 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm pretty certain he lived in California.

He did although he also had NY connections.  He attended Julliard way back when and was probably doing stage work at the time of the attacks.

2 hours ago, magicdog said:

He did although he also had NY connections.  He attended Julliard way back when and was probably doing stage work at the time of the attacks.

No, he was reprising his role as Bats for Justice League, which premiered in mid-August 2001.

Yes, I know he went to Julliard. But knowing the kind of humanitarian he was, I’m not at all surprised that he went to New York after the attacks to help.

But aside from being the ONLY and Bestest Batman as far as I’m concerned, I first saw him as the SEXAY Congressman on Dynasty, and then on O’Hara as the supporting character of Lieutenant to Pat Morita’s lead detective.

Then he got the job as  Bats and I fell completely in love. That he was gay (just like Raymond Burr) makes no difference to me. His portrayal just ruined anyone else who would go on to try and play the character.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3