Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The 19-month-old daughter of Olympic skier Bode Miller died in a swimming pool accident.

https://www.etonline.com/olympic-skier-bode-millers-19-month-old-daughter-dies-after-swimming-pool-accident-103995

Came here to post this item also.  Terribly tragic.  God rest her tiny soul.

Despite his Olympic success, Bode has had much trauma in his life, and it was exciting to see him nicely married and finally living a good and decent life.  Condolences to Bode and Morgan on their loss.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 3:15 PM, Tunia said:

Despite his Olympic success, Bode has had much trauma in his life, and it was exciting to see him nicely married and finally living a good and decent life.  

Except for when he refused to be a father to his child with Sara McKenna, his ex-girlfriend, and then changed his mind when he got married to his current wife and tried to get full custody of their son, the moment he was born and attempted to push Sara out of the child's life. Thank goodness for the New York Court of Appeals. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Except for when he refused to be a father to his child with Sara McKenna, his ex-girlfriend, and then changed his mind when he got married to his current wife and tried to get full custody of their son, the moment he was born and attempted to push Sara out of the child's life. Thank goodness for the New York Court of Appeals. 

Yeah but the man just lost his kid.  No need to bring up dirt on him at this time, IMO.

• Love 18
(edited)
On 2018-06-11 at 1:14 AM, Mittengirl said:

Frankly, my opinion of Tony Bourdain is that he was a pretentious ass.  Having said that, of course I feel bad for those that knew and cared for him, as I do for anyone experiencing a loss.  I think part of the “backlash” you see when people dismiss  those who are expressing grief over the passing of a famous person is a reaction, in part, to the media hyperbole.  I saw a headline today that “The world is reeling” over Bourdain’s death.  Given that a large percentage of people in the world have no idea who he was, add in those who knew who he was but don’t have strong feelings about his death, and the idea that the world is reeling is absurd.   But that is typical of the media -  a celebrity’s death is always “tragic” and “devastating”.  According to Google, about 150,000 people die everyday worldwide, but the national media would have you believe that only Bourdain’s death mattered.

Not reeling.  I liked his show well enough & watched occasionally.  I so agree that the coverage is overdone & out of proportion.  We don’t know celebrities on a personal level and have no idea what they’re really like.  Why they would warrant more than a “that’s a shame” is beyond me.  We have to be careful not to wallow in this. 

Their problems don’t amount to a hill of beans.    

I AM sorry for his family, however.

Edited by WarnerCL45
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah but the man just lost his kid.  No need to bring up dirt on him at this time, IMO.

It isn't dirt when there are court papers. And I can post my opinion whenever I want to just like everyone else here. If there is a problems, there are mods that police these forums.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

It isn't dirt when there are court papers. And I can post my opinion whenever I want to just like everyone else here. If there is a problems, there are mods that police these forums.

Yeah, and that's why I posted my opinion as well.  No need for mods, we can agree to disagree. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Has any note been reported as left by Anthony? 

I don’t know and haven’t heard anything about it but if there was,  I hope that it doesn’t become public the way that Kate Spades was. Some things should remain private. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t know and haven’t heard anything about it but if there was,  I hope that it doesn’t become public the way that Kate Spades was. Some things should remain private. 

Considering who found him and how, maybe, there was and maybe it will.  

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Considering who found him and how, maybe, there was and maybe it will.  

Really? IMHO if indeed Eric Ripert, his best friend, who found him, it would surprise me greatly if he made the note (if one exists) public.  You don’t do that to a bestie. How do you see this differently? I’m not trying to engage you in an argument. I’m just trying to understand how you view it. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Really? IMHO if indeed Eric Ripert, his best friend, who found him, it would surprise me greatly if he made the note (if one exists) public.  You don’t do that to a bestie. How do you see this differently? I’m not trying to engage you in an argument. I’m just trying to understand how you view it. 

No, my meaning was that if there was a note, it would remain private, considering who found it.  I should have made it more clear. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

No, my meaning was that if there was a note, it would remain private, considering who found it.  I should have made it more clear. 

Thank you for the clarification. We agree to agree. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, riley702 said:

I should stay out of this, but you both believe if there was a note, it wouldn't be made public by Ripert. What are you agreeing to disagree about? I'm confused.

I must of misunderstood what she was saying (in the beginning) about IF there was a note. She clarified her opinion for me.  We are both agreeing that IF there’s a note that Eric Ripert is a loyal friend who would not make it public or allow it to be sensationalized. No problems between us. Does that help? 

• Love 2

88???  Jesus, I'm getting old.  I thought that must be a mistake, then I realized The Blues Brothers movie came out in 1980, which was THIRTY-EIGHT years ago, so he would have been 50 at the time of that movie.  And to depress me even more, I just figured out that John Belushi would be 69.  Sigh . . . .

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Calvada said:

88???  Jesus, I'm getting old.  I thought that must be a mistake, then I realized The Blues Brothers movie came out in 1980, which was THIRTY-EIGHT years ago, so he would have been 50 at the time of that movie.  And to depress me even more, I just figured out that John Belushi would be 69.  Sigh . . . .

*weeps bitterly*

• Love 2

From The Hollywood Reporter: Georgann Johnson, Actress on 'Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman,' Dies at 91

Instead of HITG, it was HITW (Hey, it's that woman) when I saw her.  I never could remember her name, but saw her in lots of TV guest roles. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

20-year-old rapper XXXTentacion  has been shot down and murdered.  XXXTentacion  had a long history of domestic abuse and a lot of people are criticizing those who are coming forward to praise him.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-life-and-death-of-xxxtentacion-abuse-homophobia-and-hip-hop?ref=home

Very interesting.  Good points made in the article. I may take this to the Hollywood's Dirty Little Secrets thread. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, BooksRule said:

Instead of HITG, it was HITW (Hey, it's that woman) when I saw her.  I never could remember her name, but saw her in lots of TV guest roles. 

She (Georgann Johnson) is Rosie O'Neill's mother (The Trials of Rosie O'Neill, with Sharon Gless) to me, but I saw quite a few of those guest shots, too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

She (Georgann Johnson) is Rosie O'Neill's mother (The Trials of Rosie O'Neill, with Sharon Gless) to me, but I saw quite a few of those guest shots, too.

Yep! She was that Bureaucrat in Scarecrow & Mrs. King who suspended Amanda in season 4 for being a ”radical!”

• Love 1
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Koko, the gorilla who learned sign language has passed away at age 46.    She helped us "talk to the animals, talk to the animals."

I feel sorry for Dr. Francine Patterson who'd cared for Koko  from 1972 onwards and had been the one who'd taught her sign language. I mean she started caring for her when she was 25 and now is 72 but dedicated virtually her entire adult life to this gorilla (and appears to have never married or have had children) . I suppose, though, it's better that she's outlived Koko than Koko outliving her, though. RIP, Koko.

• Love 17