Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

️ Exit/Going👋🏽 :-

John-Paul Lavoisier (Philip Kiriakis) and Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane). 

The pair will leave together on Thursday, October 12 as they relocate to New York City.

️ Coming:-

◼️ Jamie Martin Mann

Jamie Martin Mann has been cast as Brady (Eric Martsolf) and Theresa’s (Jen Lilley) son, Tate. According to SOD, Mann will first be seen during the week of October 9.

◼️ Ashley Puzemis

Ashley Puzemis joins the cast of Days of our Lives as Holly, Nicole Walker’s daughter with deceased Dr. Daniel Jonas (Shawn Christian). Puzemis first appears during the week of October 9.

◼️ Adam Caine

Adam Caine will make his way back to Days of our Lives as Edmund Crumb. No announcement on how long he will stay.

◼️ John Kapelos

John Kapelos returns to Days as Constantine, the man that Brady (Eric Martsolf) and Alex (Robert Scott Wilson) meet in Greece. He will be seen the second week of September in a handful of episodes and will return Thursday, October 12.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2023 at 6:19 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I really think they should have made Arianna a teenager before Holly, but whatever. 

Wait how do we know she isn't going to be? However I do agree this reminds me of on GL how Rick's daughter with Mel was aged to be older than her actual older brother (the one he had with Harley) who's name escapes me.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I really think they should have made Arianna a teenager before Holly,

16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Wait how do we know she isn't going to be?

Why would they bring Ariana back when both of her parents are, or will be, off the show completely?

• Like 5
On 9/27/2023 at 10:15 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Rafe is, in effect, the Mac Scorpio of the show. Him raising a teenage girl while her parents are off god knows where would be fully in line with the character.

One of the biggest mistakes was taking David away from Rafe. Him being a father really grounded the character, In a much more meaningful way than just being Salem's residential "good guy". 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

One of the biggest mistakes was taking David away from Rafe. Him being a father really grounded the character, In a much more meaningful way than just being Salem's residential "good guy". 

I did like that as a storyline for him. David being stuck with his nutty aunt sucks.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, oceanblue said:

The talk of David reminded me he was born on the same day as MacKenzie and Rachel.  I fully expected to find that he was Sarah's long lost baby, no one noticed the gender.  I was ready to mock!

I wouldn't have minded that tbh because David's existence was pointless if he wasn't going to be Rafe's son or related to someone currently on the show.

• Like 5

I'm surprised considering she's like the only person for nearly 30 years who has consistently been around the show without leaving in between. 

That being said I don't think it's as big a deal as people are making it I mean there are lots of actors on this show with that status and we see them quite frequently.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Has anyone heard that Dan Feuerriegel is leaving the show?  Someone on Reddit referred to it and said that it was old news but I can't find anything about it at all.  Of course, he may have announced it on his Instagram or something.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Badger said:

Has anyone heard that Dan Feuerriegel is leaving the show?  Someone on Reddit referred to it and said that it was old news but I can't find anything about it at all.  Of course, he may have announced it on his Instagram or something.

I follow him on Instagram and he has not said anything, however he may well be involved in the Spartacus reboot and take some time off to film that in New Zealand.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
On 11/14/2023 at 6:27 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm surprised considering she's like the only person for nearly 30 years who has consistently been around the show without leaving in between. 

That being said I don't think it's as big a deal as people are making it I mean there are lots of actors on this show with that status and we see them quite frequently.

She was probably one of the highest paid as she was on contract for all those 37 years. Even both DH have left or been fired during their many years with the show.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

She was probably one of the highest paid as she was on contract for all those 37 years. Even both DH have left or been fired during their many years with the show.

Yep even if she does leave we know she's going to come back at some point they pretty much all do.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I follow him on Instagram and he has not said anything, however he may well be involved in the Spartacus reboot and take some time off to film that in New Zealand.

The person who said Dan is leaving has now said she should have proofread her post and that he is not leaving.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3

Ok - who do y'all wish she's playing?

Before we find out, decide who she is and what she'll be up to for the next year :)

I say...serial killer who offs all my least favorite characters, LOL. Because it's the holidays and I'm nice like that.

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wow. Will be nice to have her...but that doesn't really bode well for her career trajectory, though, does it?

She does really shitty movies for like Tubi so I think this is probably a step up lol.

As I was looking at her IMDb I noticed Beyond Salem is listed. I don't remember her in that.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

There was some speculation on another forum that she would either be the "new" Abigail or replacing the character of Abigail.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!  For the love of everything holy, NO MIRACULOUSLY UNDEAD ABIGAIL!!!!!

New love interest for Chad - OK.  Abigail - NO!  So now the children on this show are supposed to magically get over a loved one's death?  

• Applause 3

Well it's not like it hasn't been done before (back from the dead etc).

I personally don't think she's Abigail that would require Ron to care about the Hortons and I just don't see that happening. 

If I'm wrong maybe it's to write Chad out with her and normally I hate it when one half of the pairing who wants to stay is being written out because the other can't be tied down to the show.  However, given how directionless Chad is, it would be preferable than whatever he's doing now.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

She plays crazy waaaay too well to be a "nice girl" love interest. Did anyone see her on Nip/Tuck?

Yes, I did see her on Nip/Tuck and I agree with you. She's just crazy enough to play Gabi IF that's where they're heading. Guess we'll find out soon.

• Useful 1

I remember her from Nip/Tuck and the 90210 reboot that I followed for about three years until I realized that they were chickening out with the awesome gay storyline they had done with Trevor Donovan's character. 

She's good, but the character description sounds so blah. I really hope that's not what they're actually writing. 

My guess is that she's a woman from Xander's past. 

On 12/19/2023 at 3:54 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

There was some speculation on another forum that she would either be the "new" Abigail or replacing the character of Abigail.

Does this mean the show has finally stopped forcing Stephanie to take over the Abigail role?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

We are seeing the tail end of Albert Alaar's toxic influence on the show. He was gone as producer at the end of January, but his storylines will play out until the end of March, which is why we are seeing way too much Paulina, Trendy, Stephanie, Benalex and Gwenersa, his favourites.

Stefan will be going away for two months very soon as BB took a long paternity leave from September 15 to December 15, I imagine his return coincides with the New Gabi

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really want Eli back...but Lani? Nope.

He's more preferable than she is unfortunately the only reason he's brought back is for Paulina because it's not like he has his own family in town to visit either.

Does he even know the Horton home is burnt down?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

He's more preferable than she is unfortunately the only reason he's brought back is for Paulina because it's not like he has his own family in town to visit either.

Does he even know the Horton home is burnt down?

He has Julie and Doug, though.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Love 1