Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wasn't that his revealed name by the end of the BS arc...?

Yes I liked the twist but it would've been better if an actual Alamain was around( I would say John but they keep changing his parentage every few years so...)

• Like 3

John is still an Alamain, the various retcons only effect his birth parents not his adoptive ones, Philomena and Leopold.  Not that the show acknowledges it anymore. Hell during the Stefan/Brady/Chloe triangle we didn't even have Brady and Stefan acknowledge that their cousins. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Did you watch Beyond Salem? Ron literally had Lisa Rinna meeting a Lisa Rinna drag queen. He loves her.

Yep, I know all about that mess. The drag queen only reinforces my post. (Nothing against the drag queen; this is more a commentary on Ron's inability to tell a decent story as I try to elaborate upon below, just to be clear!)

Rinna wasn't Billie there. Just using the name. It was just Lisa Rinna and her drag twin doing the camp Ron gets off on. There was no true reason for the "twin" insofar as it was just Ron and Lisa reveling in the Lisa (read: NOT Billie!) fan.

And yeah, I know Ron loves camp, so if Billie does return, it would likely be her. Sigh. But if there is any hope of taking the character seriously as a fleshed-out person, I feel Julie Pinson or another recast (should Pinson not be available) would be a better idea.

But then, logic and characterization aren't big priorities for Ron, so...

• Like 5
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And yeah, I know Ron loves camp, so if Billie does return, it would likely be her. Sigh. But if there is any hope of taking the character seriously as a fleshed-out person, I feel Julie Pinson or another recast (should Pinson not be available) would be a better idea.

Julie Penson was my favorite Billie out of all three. LR's Billie worked with RKK's Bo really well though. Krista Allen wasn't terrible, she just didn't seem like Billie. I would have enjoyed her run on the show a lot better if she had played a different character and neither she or the viewers had to endure that whole "swamp baby" storyline. It's too bad LR ended up being a trash bag of a human being.

• Like 5

Terrell Ransom Jr. Returns to Days of Our Lives | Soap Opera News

Terrell Ransom Jr. Returns to Days of Our Lives

Terrell Ranson Jr. will be back on Days of Our Lives in a new role starting this month. Fans may recognize Ransom from his previous run as Theo Carver from 2008 to 2015 before the character was rapidly aged in November 2015.

Ransom has worked on programs such as NCIS, Grey's Anatomy, Elliott from Earth, and Good Trouble since leaving Days of Our Lives. He'll portray a character named  "Jerry Prentiss" who will first appear in scenes with Kim Coles' Whitley King. (Photo by Debi Patton)

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Interesting!

So far this Kidnapping Nurse storyline is the sleeper hit arc of the year. The pacing feels very vintage DOOL. The actress is subtle enough. Now we get a past Theo thrown in.

I'm intrigued.

• Like 7

I dislike Lani as much as the next person but that story with her and Eli does need to be resolved one way or another. Plus her family is involved in a major story so she actually needs to be there. Since I know it's not permanent this doesn't bother me too much.

• Like 5

I would prefer JKJ even if I didn't care for his last stint on the show. He's the Phillip I most associate with Victor. However at least they got a former actor back so we may get some flashbacks here.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Exactly.

I hope the weird "fake my death!" plot wasn't some strange revenge on the production's part. You hear occasionally about actor-related issues or beef leading to lousy writing as payback.

Or maybe that story was always the plan and JKJ just found out and said "make it stick! l'm leavingl"

Or maybe it was something else.

He hadn't really been acting for a long time before his return, right?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Exactly.

I hope the weird "fake my death!" plot wasn't some strange revenge on the production's part. You hear occasionally about actor-related issues or beef leading to lousy writing as payback.

Or maybe that story was always the plan and JKJ just found out and said "make it stick! l'm leavingl"

Or maybe it was something else.

He hadn't really been acting for a long time before his return, right?

Yeah, if I recall, he hadn't acted for some time before returning.

Sort of odd to me since, back in the day [that makes me sound old! LOL!], I recall he even broke into prime time in a guest role as a young doctor on Scrubs (involved in a story with Dr. Cox and Cox's ex-wife, Jordan), then he just sort of did a fade.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, if I recall, he hadn't acted for some time before returning.

Sort of odd to me since, back in the day [that makes me sound old! LOL!], I recall he even broke into prime time in a guest role as a young doctor on Scrubs (involved in a story with Dr. Cox and Cox's ex-wife, Jordan), then he just sort of did a fade.

I saw him on an old episode of Melissa and Joey years ago with Taylor Spreitler (Mia)

• Useful 1
On 7/16/2023 at 8:10 PM, JBC344 said:

JKJ was also a regular on the show North Shore, he was Shanon Doherty's love interest.  It was a "companion show" to "The OC". 

I watched that.( I think it was also Jasen Mimosas first role)

He was also in a movie..(lifetime, hallmark..can’t remember) called  Runaway Hearts. I think it’s on Freeview and Tubi. He had a beard. I liked his character in it. 
And Hack! Pretty good in that too!

I'm heartbroken that he won’t be coming back for Victor. There are sooooo many great flashbacks with John Aniston and Jay. 
They should have had Philip stay away and just shown the clips.
I know that Lauren Koslow loves JKJ..

I’m just very sad.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 1
On 8/4/2023 at 8:18 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Oh, for fuck's sake.

This show has to stop this shit. If Jen Lilley can't or won't stick around, find ANOTHER actress.

Stop having EXISTING actors take roles. It's ridiculous. I'm sure Emily O'Brien is a great person, even if I hate Gwen [I can separate!], but acting is a fickle business. If Gwen's time is done, let EOB go to find new opportunities. She could go back to Y&R, join B&B or GH, web soaps, or prime time!

But this having an actor playing 100 different roles so close together is lazy, and it cheapens the show.

On 8/4/2023 at 9:23 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I remember when this was reported ages ago. Because I remembered Jason Gerhardt as Coop Barrett on GH over a decade ago. (More like decade and a half; he started there in 2007!) Hee.

I read JG will be on for around five episodes.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, for fuck's sake.

This show has to stop this shit. If Jen Lilley can't or won't stick around, find ANOTHER actress.

Stop having EXISTING actors take roles. It's ridiculous. I'm sure Emily O'Brien is a great person, even if I hate Gwen [I can separate!], but acting is a fickle business. If Gwen's time is done, let EOB go to find new opportunities. She could go back to Y&R, join B&B or GH, web soaps, or prime time!

But this having an actor playing 100 different roles so close together is lazy, and it cheapens the show.

I remember when this was reported ages ago. Because I remembered Jason Gerhardt as Coop Barret on GH over a decade ago. (More like decade and a half; he started there in 2007!) Hee.

I read JG will be on for around five episodes.

Word.

Although I admit it would've been funny if KS was still Belle and had to deal with Eric as GV and JG both played her love interests on GH.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Buh bye! 👋

Sorry but she wasn't right for the part, poorly written as it was.

Yup.

But I don't think anyone could overcome such a mess in the writing for this character, which was poorly conceived, sloppily executed, and stained Marcus Hunter's good name. (IMO!)

• Like 2
On 9/6/2023 at 2:11 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Buh bye! 👋

Sorry but she wasn't right for the part, poorly written as it was.

Honestly, I kept thinking when Aketra first showed up as Talia that she would have been a good Chanel recast. Which makes putting her with actual Chanel a bit weird.

Meanwhile I thought the guy who played Colin could have been a good Johnny Dimera, and then it turned out that he was actually really close to getting that part. I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out that Aketra had initially auditioned for Chanel.

I really hope Aketra Sullivan keeps going. I think there's a spark there that could catch with the right part and the right writing.

• Like 8