Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

Eli is a Horton, his grandmother is Julie, and his great great grandparents are Tom and Alice Horton.

Everett knows about the fire, he mentioned it in the police station when Jada told him and Chad about Lucas.  

Nicole and EJ couldn't spring for a night nurse?  

• Like 3
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I know I was being sarcastic(I realized in my original post I forgot to add sarcasm)(

I wish the show brought back David Banning, Eli's father, and his brother Scott Banning. It makes no sense that they would kill Eli's father off when there's so much storyline potential between David/Eli/Valeria. There's also sibling rivalry potential between Eli/Scott. David could even have a daughter since he's been off canvas for so long.

Give Scott a wife and two kids, and Julie has an entire line that could interact with Hope and Jenn and their family lines. The show now has an intact extended Horton family that makes sense.

Bringing Eli on canvas and then seemingly being afraid to pair him with a white woman and not expanding his immediate Olsen/Banning/Horton family was a recipe for disaster for the character. He became an accessory to Lani who did have a much more extended family. Hell, her extended family and parentage changed multiple times to provide her storylines.

• Like 4

I'd forgotten Scotty Banning.  I remember when he was born but had forgotten he existed as an adult character.  I googled him, he's apparently alive just off camera for 30 years.   

Julie has been a grandparent since she was about 30.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

There are these crazy YouTube videos that try and tease spoilers and exits by using creepy bad Photoshop and distorting actor's faces and cutting and pasting them onto other people's bodies...

Has anyone else seen those? They're wild!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
52 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

He also looks like a twentysomething in this picture.  At least the last actor looked like a teenager.

He's 27 and married to temp Sloan 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

That's Natasha Hall's husband?  Wow!  They must make a damn pretty couple!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

He's supposed to be a teenager? 

If Stephen is back for Doug's funeral we need much more. Hope, Shawn, Claire, Ciara,  heck Ben, Will, Eli.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

SO glad to hear SS will return for Doug's funeral. He'll always be Cass to me, from Another World, but knowing Julie has a sibling in her corner will be comforting.

KA and PR need to be there too, though. Shawn D, Belle and Claire would also be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I don't think the current Tate looks like a teen but he certainly does come off more teen-like than the new guy. We'll see how the new guy looks in action though. 

13 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Oooh, maybe my dream of them bringing temp Sloan back as someone else will come true then!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I'm really disappointed to be losing OG Tate. In spite of the SORAS aging him up too quickly, he still seemed teenager-like and calm in an authentic way. It was a decent interpretation.

• Like 10
  • Love 4
On 3/30/2024 at 6:10 PM, peachmangosteen said:

He sort of resembled EOB and even EM a bit as well. The new guy has such a different look.

It's a little edgier, but I don't know if that means they're giving an edge to Tate or not.

He was a child star that did a tv show called Kicking It on Disney about ten years ago. I saw a few episodes but never really hooked me. 

He looks shorter, but I could have seen him playing a recast Spencer on General Hospital. That is going to be a bitch to recast.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, oceanblue said:

OK I could buy puppy dog Tate being a fool for Holly.  But new middle aged Tate looks like an idiot.  

So you're saying he REALLY REALLY REALLY resembles Brady?  

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

I assume Liz/Doug sang together at some point. I am glad the show is bringing back as many old timers that are still with us as possible for Doug's funeral. Wonder if we'll get a Robin Thicke cameo?

• Like 4

Happy to hear more people from Salem's past will be there. It's only fitting.

....but will Hope and Bo return?

If it's all being filmed this week, the funeral that is, there should be some indication that KA and PR are participating. If salary quibbles prevent that, I think we're all going to be a bit peeved.

• Like 5
On 4/5/2024 at 8:39 AM, oceanblue said:

OK I could buy puppy dog Tate being a fool for Holly.  But new middle aged Tate looks like an idiot.  

I'm going to give this guy a chance, mainly because I have a soft spot for former child stars who are trying to have a career as an adult. Although I hope he doesn't try to go too hard to "seem" young. I remember way back in the day on All My Children they tried casting this much older woman for someone in the Bianca era teen scene and she tried way too hard with the "I'm a cute and peppy teenager!" thing. I don't think she ever toned it down and I think her character was gone pretty quickly. 

I'm going to guess Leo Howard probably got the part because his wife/fiancé was doing Temp Sloan and knew that Jamie Mann was leaving. They have a tendency to move pretty quick- I remember Casey got cast pretty quick as soon as Chandler was leaving to finish college. (So basically the same reason, although Jamie Mann wasn't nearly as enmeshed in the show as Chandler was.) These episodes would have been filmed in October, so I'm wondering if Jamie Mann was trying to give them a head's up that he wanted to leave and probably could have stayed through December (which would have translated to him being filmed through June) or he asked to leave early. It does feel a little abrupt- they could have made the switch while Tate was off-screen for a bit.

In any event, I'll miss Jamie Mann's adorable puppy dog self! I wish him the best. 

• Like 8
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Happy to hear more people from Salem's past will be there. It's only fitting.

....but will Hope and Bo return?

If it's all being filmed this week, the funeral that is, there should be some indication that KA and PR are participating. If salary quibbles prevent that, I think we're all going to be a bit peeved.

I hope they're leaving it as a surprise so when they show the funeral we see them there along with others.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

GOOD.

* sigh of relief*

If Peter R doesn't return as well, he's an ass. Sorry, but if KA can put aside demands for money or perks or whatever and just show up to honor someone (cuz apparently neither were happy with their last arc, not that I blame them), he can too.

The Bo Drama has dragged on since before the 50th and needs resolution already. Give him a cane, say he had physio after the coma and lets all just move on already.

Neither have to stay for weeks, but both deserve a wrap-up and this is a perfect opportunity.

Otherwise, by the time they decide to finally pay Peter whatever he wants (or do whatever to bring him back), he'll be 80.

Good stuff KA. Glad you're making it happen.

Edit:

KA speaks on it. How did they mess this up?!?

The actress wishes they could have worked together once again, as they were scheduled to during her last appearance on the soap in 2023. “I’m sad that I did not get the opportunity to do the storyline that Ron [Carlivati, head writer] had planned,” she shares. “It was great; we returned to Salem to reunite with our families and I would have had father/daughter scenes with Billy. What Ron had written was beautiful and emotional and it was a fantastic story. I was 100 percent for it and the fans would have loved it.”

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

GOOD.

* sigh of relief*

If Peter R doesn't return as well, he's an ass. Sorry, but if KA can put aside demands for money or perks or whatever and just show up to honor someone (cuz apparently neither were happy with their last arc, not that I blame them), he can too.

The Bo Drama has dragged on since before the 50th and needs resolution already. Give him a cane, say he had physio after the coma and lets all just move on already.

Neither have to stay for weeks, but both deserve a wrap-up and this is a perfect opportunity.

Otherwise, by the time they decide to finally pay Peter whatever he wants (or do whatever to bring him back), he'll be 80.

Peter wanted to come back. They didn’t ask him.

• Mind Blown 3
11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Which was it? 🤔

Sources?

If he wanted a payday, I'm over him. Maybe they screwed him over royally in the past, I don't know...but this Diva stuff has screwed over the show (and KA's place in it).

Too bad RKK is such a disgusting human being.

• Applause 1

From what I hear most of the returnees for Doug's funeral did it for love of Susan and Bill, and didn't ask for anything wild, Peter was the hold out so they went on without him. Starting to wonder if that is why he was a no show at Victor's funeral too.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 2

As someone who has loved Bo and Hope since 1983, I'm truly disappointed in PR's actions.  He's had how many years to act in other roles and make money?  But he waits until DOOL approaches him to comeback, and then chooses to makes several demands, one including a heavy paycheck.  

I get that it's a business, but as I said above, he had years to act in other roles. 

I'm happy Kristian will be there to pay tribute to Bill, and have scenes with her onscreen family .

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I'm not necessarily a Bo and Hope fan but I think it's fine for a mostly retired actor to set a rate and not do it if they don't want to meet the rate. 

It's still work.  It's fine if people want to come back at a market rate but I don't think it's a moral failing to not want to. I don't know where he lives but we've heard through other articles that people have been offered jobs and the offer isn't even enough to cover travel.  I know I'm not doing anything work related that could cost me money.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Eh, I'm leaning more towards the camp thinking that it's very crappy of Peter not to return for this.  Bill was a pretty big part of his life for years.  You'd think that he'd want to honor him regardless of the price.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm not necessarily a Bo and Hope fan but I think it's fine for a mostly retired actor to set a rate and not do it if they don't want to meet the rate. 

It's still work.  It's fine if people want to come back at a market rate but I don't think it's a moral failing to not want to. I don't know where he lives but we've heard through other articles that people have been offered jobs and the offer isn't even enough to cover travel.  I know I'm not doing anything work related that could cost me money.

He was living in New Zealand during the pandemic, but now I think he is in Alaska

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

You know I totally forgot about Alternate Bo.

Poor Hope. Can't exist with him, can't exist without him.

Now I'm starting to wonder if KA realized this and decided to just leave the show because they don't care about her beyond Bo which is unfortunate. Also I am sure Albert Alarr being around didn't help as I noticed a lot of actresses have left or stayed away.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I agree, I have no problem with Peter regarding the business side of things. 

What I don't like is I feel Peter can be manipulative and use the press to drum up interest in Bo as a way to force TPTB to cave to his "demands/rate" etc. Making statements like "they didn't ask me back" which is complete BS, of course they asked him back. They just couldn't come to an agreement. But Peter would never say that to the press. 

I know for the actors who no longer live in LA, coming back to Days for a "short stint" isn't economical because they have to pay for their own travel/lodge, and the pay isn't what it used to be. I don't blame anyone who doesn't come back, but be honest about it. 

I appreciate Patsy Pease (Kim Brady) for being honest that it isn't feasible for her to come back for "visits". She no longer lives in LA, so to come back she would be working for free. Her last "visit" on the show she stayed with Jen Lilley, so that worked out. Unless they're bringing her back for a longer story Arc, it usually isn't worth it. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Thank you for saying that more eloquently than I did 😅

Peter is 100% within his rights to not work for a low wage.

But! There's been a game of sorts going on between him and the producers since he first left the show over a decade ago. Bo and Hope have been left in story limbo repeatedly and its exhausting.

He got a hugely overdone exit for the 50th with all the bells and whistles and seemingly wanted to be killed off. Why go back on that? Why agree to resurrect Bo and continue to hold out for more money and put Bope in limbo again?

Maybe I don't know enough about the BTS twists and turns here, maybe Peter did do everything he could over the years and was thwarted or something - he obviously doesn't get script approval - but showing up for Doug's funeral was an easy way to wrap the unending drama up and call it a day.

8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

What I don't like is I feel Peter can be manipulative and use the press to drum up interest in Bo as a way to force TPTB to cave to his "demands/rate" etc.

Yup. And it seriously makes me dislike the character, which is the opposite of what he's presumably trying to accomplish.

KA has plenty of reasons to be bitter - I'm sure most of the vets do - but she's coming back. That says a lot about her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I agree, I have no problem with Peter regarding the business side of things. 

What I don't like is I feel Peter can be manipulative and use the press to drum up interest in Bo as a way to force TPTB to cave to his "demands/rate" etc. Making statements like "they didn't ask me back" which is complete BS, of course they asked him back. They just couldn't come to an agreement. But Peter would never say that to the press. 

I know for the actors who no longer live in LA, coming back to Days for a "short stint" isn't economical because they have to pay for their own travel/lodge, and the pay isn't what it used to be. I don't blame anyone who doesn't come back, but be honest about it. 

I appreciate Patsy Pease (Kim Brady) for being honest that it isn't feasible for her to come back for "visits". She no longer lives in LA, so to come back she would be working for free. Her last "visit" on the show she stayed with Jen Lilley, so that worked out. Unless they're bringing her back for a longer story Arc, it usually isn't worth it. 

Perfectly put. Peter saying he wished he could be with everybody last week on Twitter made me roll my eyes as I knew he could have been. But yeah, if it costs more in airfare to get there then you'd get paid for the gig then say so, we all would understand that. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1