Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Considering Eve is in the mental ward, I don't know how she can easily pop back in for a funeral with a different face without it being jarring (for those of us who care about that kind of stuff LOL).

Why would she anyway - Victor treated her badly right?

Kassie's Eve had a lot of connections to Victor. She spent a lot of time in the Kiriakis household because of her relationships with Brady, Tate, Deimos, and Justin. Victor treated her horrifically, but he treated most of the women in the cast horrifically. I think the only exceptions are Maggie, Hope, and Ciara. I'm not including deceased characters like Caroline. If available and affordable, I'm certain the show would still want characters like Vivian, Nicole, Carly, Chloe, Theresa, Kimberly, Marlena, etc. to still attend. 

Kate may actually be another woman he didn't treat horrifically toward the end of his run. However, there was their marriage when she tried to kill him, so they aren't completely free of abusive tendencies between the two. 

• Like 3

Do we know how long Kristian Alfonso, Peter Reckell, Steve Burton, and the others involved in that storyline are staying around?  Has there been any word that they've already left (since they are shooting 6 months ahead)?  As a fan from the 90s, I don't want to get my hopes up for a longer storyline if they've already all left again.

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Do we know how long Kristian Alfonso, Peter Reckell, Steve Burton, and the others involved in that storyline are staying around?  Has there been any word that they've already left (since they are shooting 6 months ahead)?  As a fan from the 90s, I don't want to get my hopes up for a longer storyline if they've already all left again.

I believe that Peter/Kristian are probably gone but Steve is sticking around.

• Sad 2
9 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Since Ben is Alex now, I assume Ron would go for an Eve/Alex pairing with lots of nudge, nudge, wink, wink references. I could see the two watching "My Daughter's Killer" on Peacock together.

There could be a sexy times scene where Alex and Eve try out strangling for sexual pleasure.

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

Not mental ward.  She went back to prison.

Oh really? When was that established?

3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

There could be a sexy times scene where Alex and Eve try out strangling for sexual pleasure.

I'll accept Eve living the rest of her life in prison if she offs him.

Too dark?

• LOL 1

NB's/Chloe's husband just posted an Instagram story saying NB has returned home to Charleston. He tags Days and Peacock in the story, so it seems to imply NB/Chloe is still filming at Days.

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

NB's/Chloe's husband just posted an Instagram story saying NB has returned home to Charleston. He tags Days and Peacock in the story, so it seems to imply NB/Chloe is still filming at Days.

Or she came back to the show after being let go. Seems that’s happening a lot lately, with Sarah and Kate coming back.

• Like 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Nadia has a husband? Hmm, I remember the rumors flying around during the Dirty Soap days that her and Brandon Beemer had a lavender relationship.

I'm guessing the rumors about Nadia being a lesbian came from her involvement with Crystal Chapell's lesbian centered online soaps Venice and Beacon Hills.

Edited by methodwriter85
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Nadia has a husband? Hmm, I remember the rumors flying around during the Dirty Soap days that her and Brandon Beemer had a lavender relationship.

I'm guessing the rumors about Nadia being a lesbian came from her involvement with Crystal Chapell's lesbian centered online soaps Venice and Beacon Hills.

Since 2011/2012 she's been married that long 

7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Nadia has been married for years to Grant Thurnbull they have two kids together. 

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Saw Chandler Massey(Will Horton) on the Hallmark movie tonight "The Professional Bridesmaid", and also Roark Critchlow(wasnt he Mike on DOOL for awhile?) who played the Father of the Bride

Yep, Roarke Critchlow was the last actor to play Dr. Mike Horton, of which 15 other actors came before him per Google! (Some obviously kids, but still!) Michael T. Weiss played Mike in the '80s; Critchlow followed him a decade or so later. Wesley Eure was the first adult Mike in the '70s. (Making it trippy is, the character was born in 1968 and was apparently MARRIED by the mid '70s. So EJ is not the only character with massive SORAS! Although the show kept Mike in his 30s for like two decades afterward. Probably knew TPTB screwed up.)

Apparently Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes still keep in touch with Eure as there have been past Twitter posts about visits and such.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Saw Chandler Massey(Will Horton) on the Hallmark movie tonight "The Professional Bridesmaid", and also Roark Critchlow(wasnt he Mike on DOOL for awhile?) who played the Father of the Bride

Yes he was Mike on Days in fact he appeared again a few months ago.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Camila is out. This show really doesn't do work life balance well. 

:(

They really lost Gabi the last year or so. The Stefan/Jake stuff was tedious as hell and everything really likeable about Gabi went out the window along with it. We never got to see her being a mother, or building her business. Truthfully, I'm surprised she recovered from trying to kill Julie and being an obstacle to...to...

Oh WOW! I've totally forgotten Eli's wife's name! Oh shoot, I just remembered again: Lani. Ugh. Well, I guess I'm glad that I almost completely forgot her.

I will miss Gabi. Not only was/is Camilla gorgeous, but she brought a ton of energy to her scenes, for better or worse. Here's hoping Stefan gets killed for good so Gabi can leave with Li at the very least.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They're 6 months ahead so it may not even affect them.

This happened the last time there was a strike - Days was the only show with new episodes, which means they will stick to their ridiculous filming schedule if this saves them again.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Victoria Grace just said farewell to her. Lukas Adams is with them- I guess she's also promoting her pairing with Tripp? 

To the surprise of no one, it looks like TB is coming back. Honestly, if Ron decides to keep her a whackjob, I'm okay with that. I much preferred that iteration of her as opposed to when they tried to pretend she was normal. If Ava is being molded into the Heather Webber spot for the show I'm fully approving of that.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I think she's done this time. She had signed on to do more Christmas movies and I'm guessing her leaving, not getting the schedule she wanted ties together. 

Plus her publicist is great. Her leaving DAYs made people magazine and all the mainstream entertainment news.  She's promoting herself with this exit.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
11 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I think she's done this time. She had signed on to do more Christmas movies and I'm guessing her leaving, not getting the schedule she wanted ties together. 

Plus her publicist is great. Her leaving DAYs made people magazine and all the mainstream entertainment news.  She's promoting herself with this exit.  

Well tbh considering there's not a lot going on in Hollywood right now most soap news is mainstream entertainment news at this point. As someone else said they always return(maybe as a visit). 

Even if she's done this time that's fine I'm ok with never seeing Gabi again. Honestly you could get rid of half the cast at this point and it won't make a difference. With the writer's strike who knows what's going to happen.

• Like 4
(edited)
43 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well tbh considering there's not a lot going on in Hollywood right now most soap news is mainstream entertainment news at this point. As someone else said they always return(maybe as a visit). 

There's a major strike and MET gala was last night. They had other things to report. She went a much different route in announcing her departure compared to normal actors. 

She spun it and announced with interview. Pure PR move. A Wrap exclusive interview. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

There's a major strike and MET gala was last night. They had other things to report. She went a much different route in announcing her departure compared to normal actors. 

She spun it and announced with interview. Pure PR move. A Wrap exclusive interview. 

Her departure may be making news and creating some buzz right now. Time will tell if this exit from the show ends up going better than her last one. I wish the pandemic had never happened because it exposed stuff about people I used to like which has made me see them differently Camilla included.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Victoria Grace just said farewell to her. Lukas Adams is with them- I guess she's also promoting her pairing with Tripp? 

To the surprise of no one, it looks like TB is coming back. Honestly, if Ron decides to keep her a whackjob, I'm okay with that. I much preferred that iteration of her as opposed to when they tried to pretend she was normal. If Ava is being molded into the Heather Webber spot for the show I'm fully approving of that.

I don't think the photo means Tamra is back, although I wouldn't mind it. I just assumed she attended the going away party. 

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Kate Mansi has joined General Hospital as Kristina.

Well, with that news, I now know FOR SURE I'll never go back to watching GH.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Kate Mansi has joined General Hospital as Kristina.

What. the. Fuck.

24 minutes ago, boes said:

Well, with that news, I now know FOR SURE I'll never go back to watching GH.

I’v been seriously considering dropping it after 36 years. This doesn’t help. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

I don't hate Kate Mansi like everyone else does around here but Kristina isn't on that much on GH and I think it works out for KM who wants to do other things and not be on contract. Abby was on all the time and I can see how that would be exhausting(especially since it tended to be the same thing over and over again with the character). I don't see the point in recasting Kristina unless Lexi chose to leave and they needed the character for an upcoming storyline and got a name. I doubt she will be front and center like she was on Days(that's only reserved for Carly and her spawn on that show). I actually think she might've been better off being a recast Lulu not looks wise but age wise. Plus Laura should have one kid on canvas(even if I hated Lulu)

That being said it does make me wonder why she didn't return to Days which leads me to speculate the following.

1) The talk about them asking her back to resume the role of Abby and her refusing was bunk and a cover for Ron wanting to kill off Abby for good.  Which I'm fine with but the character was recastable if they really wanted to write for the character. I don't like the excuse of blaming Marci and Kate for wanting more balance in their lives as the reason to kill off a legacy character when she could've been played by someone else(just admit you weren't interested in the character anymore not hard).

2) Abby is an exhausting character to play and probably didn't want to do a rotation of loony bin/who's the daddy stories with barely anything else.

3) She doesn't care for the Chabby pairing at all and lbr Billy Flynn in general and rather go elsewhere.

Honestly I find this more interesting than anything Days has on screen at the moment go figure.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I like KM too. I don’t blame her for choosing GH over Days, if that was the case.

I don't either I think they write their female characters a lot better than Days does too(which doesn't say much but still)

• Like 1

I actually really liked KM's Abby. I thought her Abby suffered from two things:

1. The show didn't know how to characterize KM's Abby until 2015. Before then she got odd storylines like her random obsession with Austin, the who gets to deflower Abby storyline, and the random affair with EJ. In 2015, the show started writing Abby bitchier, bolder, the relationship with BF's Chad really took off with the Necktie Killer storyline, and it seemed they were writing Abby as an individual that complemented KM's skills as an actress. I also thought dying KM's hair black and cutting it shorter really helped the character stand on her own instead of being a Jennifer knockoff. Which is odd because the show didn't write KM's Abby like Jennifer, but they tried to style her hair like Jennifer. 

2. The show didn't let people have realistic responses to her Abby. KM's Abby felt like an antagonistic heroine, if that makes sense. She was abrasive, selfish and sometimes unhinged. She felt like Dorian and Vicki from One Life to Live mashed together. However, the show treated her like a saint and only villains could call her out for her less-than-noble ways. If the show allowed people to act realistically to this new Abby, I think KM's Abby really could have defined the show like Jennifer and Laura before her. Of course, that leads to technically, the third issue with KM's Abby. Once the show really knew how to characterize her, KM left the show not long afterward.

Anyway, I'm happy for KM. I used to watch GH, but it was years ago. I'm not certain how Kristina acts now, but when I was watching KM's acting style seems like it would match the character. Ironically, Kristina was dating Johnny Zacarra the last time I was watching who was played by our very own Jake and Stefan Dimera.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

The show didn't let people have realistic responses to her Abby.

👆👆👆👆👆

This is always a major factor in why certain characters end up hated. Ben and Abigail remain two of the more hated characters because both were propped to the heavens and back.

I guess I liked her as Crazy Abigail but not much in general. She started out okay in the early days, but became unlikable. So best of luck to GH! Hope she is more likeable there.

24 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Ironically, Kristina was dating Johnny Zacarra the last time I was watching who was played by our very own Jake and Stefan Dimera.

Hahaha - wow! So Stefan kind of did get her in a way.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Anyway, I'm happy for KM. I used to watch GH, but it was years ago. I'm not certain how Kristina acts now, but when I was watching KM's acting style seems like it would match the character. Ironically, Kristina was dating Johnny Zacarra the last time I was watching who was played by our very own Jake and Stefan Dimera.

Well, her options have broadened since Kristina also had a romantic relationship with her female college professor, played by Ashley Jones, who also plays/played Bridget Forrester on The Bold and the Beautiful.

The character now identifies as bi/sexually fluid.

Not that any of this makes a difference. Just saying the character as a whole has evolved under Lexi Ainsworth. Hope it was her choice to leave, because if not, after so long in the role for her, this news sucks.

• Like 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I actually really liked KM's Abby. I thought her Abby suffered from two things:

1. The show didn't know how to characterize KM's Abby until 2015. Before then she got odd storylines like her random obsession with Austin, the who gets to deflower Abby storyline, and the random affair with EJ. In 2015, the show started writing Abby bitchier, bolder, the relationship with BF's Chad really took off with the Necktie Killer storyline, and it seemed they were writing Abby as an individual that complemented KM's skills as an actress. I also thought dying KM's hair black and cutting it shorter really helped the character stand on her own instead of being a Jennifer knockoff. Which is odd because the show didn't write KM's Abby like Jennifer, but they tried to style her hair like Jennifer. 

2. The show didn't let people have realistic responses to her Abby. KM's Abby felt like an antagonistic heroine, if that makes sense. She was abrasive, selfish and sometimes unhinged. She felt like Dorian and Vicki from One Life to Live mashed together. However, the show treated her like a saint and only villains could call her out for her less-than-noble ways. If the show allowed people to act realistically to this new Abby, I think KM's Abby really could have defined the show like Jennifer and Laura before her. Of course, that leads to technically, the third issue with KM's Abby. Once the show really knew how to characterize her, KM left the show not long afterward.

KM is a natural brunette she mentioned they asked her to dye her hair blonde because Abby should be a blonde like Jennifer.  I do agree that they never let people have a natural reaction to Abby's misdeeds. Course that wasn't limited to KM this was the same with MM's version too.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1
Just now, CanaryFan98 said:

KM is a natural brunette she mentioned they asked her to dye her hair blonde because Abby should be a blonde like Jennifer.

Never understood this POV by TPTB, though. Jack is a brunette.

• Like 2
Just now, WendyCR72 said:

Never understood this POV by TPTB, though. Jack is a brunette.

I didn't either oddly enough they didn't ask this of Stephanie and I've seem Abigail Klein as a blond(looks like a totally different person)

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I didn't either oddly enough they didn't ask this of Stephanie and I've seem Abigail Klein as a blond(looks like a totally different person)

Yeah, and both Steve and Kayla are blond so it's kinda funny. They didn't make Shelley Hennig go blond, either. Didn't do that with the Stephanie that Trevor Donovan tried to drown, either. The blonde hair on Kate Mansi was this awful brassy blonde and I remember being glad for her when she was allowed to go dark. 

• Like 1

Peter Porte has joined the cast of Days of Our Lives. The actor who played an agent called Kyle Graham on Beyond Salem chapter one will make his debut on the Peacock soap opera as Dimitri Von Leuschner on May 8, 2023. He will make his debut in scenes with Lauren Koslow's Kate Roberts.

I guess this is a follow-up to his arc with Billie then?

• Useful 4
58 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Peter Porte has joined the cast of Days of Our Lives. The actor who played an agent called Kyle Graham on Beyond Salem chapter one will make his debut on the Peacock soap opera as Dimitri Von Leuschner on May 8, 2023. He will make his debut in scenes with Lauren Koslow's Kate Roberts.

If Billie must make a comeback at some point [I mean, Kate is her mother!], I'd rather it be Julie Pinson than Lisa Rinna, frankly.

I don't like Billie in any fashion, but at least Julie Pinson would likely be playing Billie. Lisa Rinna would be playing Lisa Rinna...

• Like 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

He's playing a different character so I doubt it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1