Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

I posted this in the In Memoriam thread, but posting here as well:

I'm so glad John got the Lifetime Achievement Emmy this past year. 

Though I haven't watched DOOL in quite some time, I will always remember his Victor Kiriakis. No one mastered the art of the put-down quite like him.

His response to Deidre Hall's Marlena's "Go to hell!"

CloseShockingGrosbeak-size_restricted.gi

Priceless.

This moment with Eve still brings a smile to my face.

ca47da1fa19df24407ce2cc8a4a2b4d9.jpg

But also those moments of vulnerability, especially his scenes with the late Peggy McKay and Victor's love for Caroline (and sorry Maggie, Caroline will always be the love of Victor's life IMO).

RIP, John!

• Sad 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So...the cast attended Day of Days and had to keep mum about his passing? While smiling for pictures? That's rough.

I'm going to miss him like crazy.

I don't think they knew if they did some of those people are better actors than I thought.. 

Sounds like Jennifer kept it private until today she probably knew about DoD and didn't want to ruin the mood plus she could make arrangements etc without TMZ etc interfering..

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm so glad John got the Lifetime Achievement Emmy this past year. 

I remember recalling that Lindsey Arnold was a crying mess and people speculating that there's knowledge she has, although I thought it was about Drake. It being about John Aniston makes way more sense.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I doubt she chose to wait on announcing because of DOD.  I don't know why she's know about that.  But she was smart to give herself the weekend. 

Jennifer took care a lot of John's professional affairs that's why I think she would know.. the show has known her since she was 16 years old.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Jennifer took care a lot of John's professional affairs that's why I think she would know.. the show has known her since she was 16 years old.

But I doubt he was scheduled to go so there'd be no reason for her to keep track.

The cast did know of John's passing!!!! They along with a few of us from press were told when it happened.  We were also asked not to say anything. Jennifer Aniston made the decision to wait until after Day of Days so it wouldn't cast a cloud over the event. It was the right decision to make. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 6
On 11/16/2022 at 7:02 PM, Artsda said:

I don't believe they knew, or that Jennifer cared or even knew about the Days event.  Had she leaked it to anyone outside their family it would have been on TMZ. 

They knew. The cast was sent an email the night John died, which was the 11th. They along with everyone else was asked not to say anything until the family released a statement.  Jennifer Aniston was in conversation with Peacock about when to release a statement.  It was decided to do it after the festivities of Day of Days. 

As most people know Jennifer Aniston has a long history with NBC/Universal and therefore Peacock.  

• Like 6
4 hours ago, RedElf said:

Nadia Bjorlin is out.  I assume that this will happen once Stefan gets back with Gabi.

Well, shit. I guess this means Brady will fall for his psycho baby mama for real again. GROSS. Ron sucks.

• Like 5
  • Sad 8

What a waste. They went to all the trouble of having Philip go nuts over Brady/Chloe AGAIN… only to have Chloe leave anyway, and resume pretending that putting Brady with the woman who raped him and tortured his family is a valid choice. 

They could have done a sweet Phloe reunion and sent them into the sunset. Instead both are offscreen and Philip is in ruins as a character for no reason. And Brady’s onscreen position is in no way improved.

I guess it runs in the family. Lucas and Sami could have gone off into the sunset. Instead both are offscreen and Lucas is in ruins as a character for no reason. And EJ’s onscreen position is in no way improved.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

They could have done a sweet Phloe reunion and sent them into the sunset. Instead both are offscreen and Philip is in ruins as a character for no reason. And Brady’s onscreen position is in no way improved.

YUP.

👏👏👏👏

3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I guess it runs in the family. Lucas and Sami could have gone off into the sunset. Instead both are offscreen and Lucas is in ruins as a character for no reason. And EJ’s onscreen position is in no way improved.

Ugh, I forgot about them :( so DOUBLE YUP.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Panopticon said:

What a waste. They went to all the trouble of having Philip go nuts over Brady/Chloe AGAIN… only to have Chloe leave anyway, and resume pretending that putting Brady with the woman who raped him and tortured his family is a valid choice. 

Even though I don't care for Lumi or Phloe I agree they really should've done this instead would've been a lot less damaging to everyone involved. Now you have EJ and Brady in limbo when they could've just had them moved onto other pairings. EJ with Nicole or Belle and Brady with someone that isn't his rapist preferably.

• Like 5

Just read on Soap Opera News that Tamara Braun is gone.

In regard to her exit, she said, "Hey all you Days fans!! If you want to see Ava off, tune into DOOL today for her last day in Salem. Thought I’d share some of my memories from the last (almost) two years. Starts at the end and ends at the start with my first nasal swab. Oh Covid!! Thanks for all the love and support you continue to show me. I will miss you all!! Wait, I’ll still be here, you can find me on IG!! Much love".

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I guess they had to accept that the writers had made her so evil, that there was no way they could keep her. I sure wish they would see that about others - like Kristin. I would be happy to see Gwen go, too, but they are clearly trying to move her into the "not that bad" column with Xander.

• Like 9

Ava was irredeemable once she lead to the death of Shawn Sr, though, right? So, everything else has just been more bad stuff. She was never really "redeemed". Sorry show, I mean I know you had her stir pasta sauce at Rafe's and everything...LOL.

Kristen was badly hurt by raping Eric - that was a bridge too far. And it's been downhill ever since.

Some people will always hate Theresa for bashing John's head in that one time, even though she was largely redeemed afterwards.

Ben was "redeemed" but not, and we all hate him (mostly) so...yeah.

This show has a terrible sense of when to hold back with their villains and when to cut them loose.

Stefano and Victor managed to stay on the show for decades because the writers pulled back on having them openly do terrible stuff, and it paid off. We got to enjoy Joe and John for years.

Others...not so much. Whatever. I shed no tears for Ava's departure. She's a snake, like current Kristen, and they can both never return, AFAIC.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ava was irredeemable once she lead to the death of Shawn Sr, though, right? So, everything else has just been more bad stuff. She was never really "redeemed". Sorry show, I mean I know you had her stir pasta sauce at Rafe's and everything...LOL.

She also killed four other people in the plane crash that she engineered so she is a serial killer.  Not to mention that she kidnapped baby Joey, Stefanie and Hope at different time in her reign of terror.  We all know the many ways that she targeted Kayla and Steve.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Stefano and Victor managed to stay on the show for decades because the writers pulled back on having them openly do terrible stuff, and it paid off. We got to enjoy Joe and John for years.

Stefano should have died years ago he wore out his welcome.  Stefano living well in the same town as his many victims was just too much. It made no sense that nobody killed him like Hope did. The show is just obsessed with the Dimera family and they are also lazy to create new compelling villains. Stefano was much better in the 80's. 

Victor being in Salem never bothered me much because we had years of him being in the background and the writers never showed him doing vile things like Stefano.  Also, Victor never targeted everybody like Stefano.. 

• Like 6
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Stefano should have died years ago he wore out his welcome.  Stefano living well in the same town as his many victims was just too much. It made no sense that nobody killed him like Hope did. The show is just obsessed with the Dimera family and they are also lazy to create new compelling villains. Stefano was much better in the 80's. 

Victor being in Salem never bothered me much because we had years of him being in the background and the writers never showed him doing vile things like Stefano.  Also, Victor never targeted everybody like Stefano.. 

Well they did have the Alamains which was when the Dimeras weren't on the show. I enjoyed them as they managed to fit in for the most part. Then they got rid of Lawrence and then resurrected the Dimeras after that. We've been stuck with them ever since. 

Stefano works as a pop up villain like he was in the 80s blows in does damage and then leaves. 

I agree about Victor he was connected to everyone but he didn't target everyone either. Plus he was grounded in reality most of the time compared to the Dimeras.

• Like 3
On 1/28/2023 at 9:33 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Good for him! I like him but probably not enough to watch that show lol.

I'm really happy for Max Theiriot, who I liked from The House at the End of the Street and Bates Motel. 

That probably explains why Zac Tinker shaved off his facial hair to help him get into a different type of character.

• Like 2

Lucas Adams has moved back from recurring to contract status in the credits.

On 1/31/2023 at 10:59 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm really happy for Max Theiriot, who I liked from The House at the End of the Street and Bates Motel. 

He's the executive producer of the show.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

So weeks after being dropped from contract to recurring, Lindsay Arnold (Allie) is now out altogether, per Soap Opera News.

Can't say I'll miss her, but good luck to her. Wonder if Allie leaves town or will be recast?

• Like 6

I will say it's frustrating because they made the exact same mistake with Allie that they made with OG Teen Ciara. They immediately dunked her into a rape storyline instead of letting her gain her footing and it did neither her nor OG Teen Ciara any favors.

• Like 16