Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So what was the Peter rumor?

The rumor I think you're referring to is that Peter was going to be recast but then it got kiboshed. 

It could be a Missy thing but I've heard rumors that other stories Ron has wanted to do were also interfered with. 

But I maintain that Peter isn't needed.  His main impact on this show is largely his relationship with Kristin (who is mostly plot these days) and the fact that his portrayer had an affair with Missy which led her to suddenly leave the role of Jennifer.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The rumor I think you're referring to is that Peter was going to be recast but then it got kiboshed. 

It could be a Missy thing but I've heard rumors that other stories Ron has wanted to do were also interfered with. 

But I maintain that Peter isn't needed.  His main impact on this show is largely his relationship with Kristin (who is mostly plot these days) and the fact that his portrayer had an affair with Missy which led her to suddenly leave the role of Jennifer.

It's apparently not just that Peter was going to be recast, but his return had already been written into scripts. It's been indicated that someone (or someones) higher up changed the whole thing at the very last possible minute, with Missy's history in mind, which caused a scramble to rework the story. Tony was in, Peter was out, and so was a decent chunk of story for J&J because Peter would have played a role within their story as well.

It's also why some believe J&J could be written out once Missy's contract expires next month. That's part of what the whole brouhaha of Matt possibly not being offered a contract renewal was all about (i.e., if certain stories can't be explored because Missy is there, then removing her from the equation, & by extension Jack, those other kinds of stories can occur). Time will tell on that one, I think it'll largely depend on if the show continues beyond its current renewal and if the higher ups still want Ron as the head writer. Someone else may not want to explore the same kinds of stories, characters, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

If they wanted to write Jen out maybe she could die for once instead of Jack. She already made it through her heart being carried around in a cooler before it was ummm reinstalled.....

Edited by Jaded
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Remember when she appeared as an angel at her own funeral? And convinced Peter to admit his sins?

Good times.

Call me crazy but I only want Peter back if it's the original actor in scenes with Eileen.

Wait....how would Peter have been part of this current story? Tony was teased back during the factory story last fall.  Peter would have had to be involved as of six months prior to last fall...so almost 18 months ago...why would this rumor only come out now?

It would have been much grosser for Kristen to marry her actual brother Peter. Tony makes some sense in that regard.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Remember when she appeared as an angel at her own funeral? And convinced Peter to admit his sins?

Good times.

Call me crazy but I only want Peter back if it's the original actor in scenes with Eileen.

Wait....how would Peter have been part of this current story? Tony was teased back during the factory story last fall.  Peter would have had to be involved as of six months prior to last fall...so almost 18 months ago...why would this rumor only come out now?

It would have been much grosser for Kristen to marry her actual brother Peter. Tony makes some sense in that regard.

That was Stephanie Cameron's Jennifer  who faked her death to get Peter to confess his sins.

I don't think Peter was ever going to be involved and he was referenced by Jack/Jennifer when Jack had a flashback(which oddly enough had nothing to do with MA's Jack) and they talked about how he was in jail for killing Peter.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

It's apparently not just that Peter was going to be recast, but his return had already been written into scripts. It's been indicated that someone (or someones) higher up changed the whole thing at the very last possible minute, 

True but I've also read it wasn't just this story that was messed with which is why I'm not sure it was Missy this time.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

True but I've also read it wasn't just this story that was messed with which is why I'm not sure it was Missy this time.

I don't think she has that much sway I mean look at the lack of airtime she gets compared to others on this show... hell this story has been more about Eve than Jack/Jennifer.

• Love 2

But for her to return (and a lawsuit to be avoided) it was written into her contract (supposedly) that she would never be in scenes with the Peter character/or with Jason Brooks. Something like that. That's why my eyes popped out of my head when Peter was mentioned a few months back.

If it's in a contract....maybe that's where they didn't want to risk any trouble.

This is all because of her uber religious/jealous hubby apparently....

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Right. The higher ups were interfering with basically everything the last several months. The belief is that Missy probably didn't know that Peter was going to return, and that the producers, etc., made their decision to redo the whole thing with her history in mind. Missy is far from my favorite, but I can see how she didn't directly or knowingly play a role here.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

But for her to return (and a lawsuit to be avoided) it was written into her contract (supposedly) that she would never be in scenes with the Peter character/or with Jason Brooks. Something like that. That's why my eyes popped out of my head when Peter was mentioned a few months back.

If it's in a contract....maybe that's where they didn't want to risk any trouble.

This is all because of her uber religious/jealous hubby apparently....

Another WOW...re: a possible clause in her contract. I could maybe see if it were Jason, but to imply that no other actor could play the role of Peter (basically killing the character) is way beyond what anyone's power should be IMO.

And her hubby? Get a grip, man. She's your wife, not a possession. If you can't trust her all these years later, you have absolutely NO basis for marriage at all.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I did not even know you could put that in a contract.  Have a few people I would love to never work with.  

When is the last time peter was on days ?  

95/96. It's been a little over 20 yrs. Abby was still a toddler then. 

• Love 2

You can put it in your contract if they want you more than you need them.  And that was the situation.  She left.  There was a lawsuit.  For most of us, that would be the end of us working at our previous employers.  

I guess DOOL decided they wanted Jennifer on the canvas, as played by Melissa Reeves and so they approached her. If that was in the contract, then she gave her terms and they agreed.  They had the choice to reject those terms.  They had the choice to recast the role.  But they calculated, correctly IMO, that bringing back the actress most popularly associated  with that role was worth more than keeping open the option of bringing back this random Dimera.  And that's what both Kristen and Peter were---the start of random Dimeras showing up because the show is obsessed with this family for some reason. See: Rapid EJ SORAS which made no sense. 

Even for this latest return, it was supposed to be a Jack and Jennifer story, not a Dimera story.  Much like Kristen's is kind of a Dimera story but mostly a Brady obsession story (stemming from her John obsession which is largely how the show defines her over her family connections, IMO.)

This version of Jack wasn't around for Peter so there's no connection there.  A recast wouldn't have the history with Melissa's Jennifer and pretty much everyone who even remembered Jennifer and Peter would be thinking of the affair she had with the previous actor that it'd kind of break the fourth wall.

I have my issues with Missy but I don't blame her for being upfront about her conditions (if they're in her contract) and I think DOOL, in this specific instance, was smart to cave into them.   

On 8/27/2019 at 5:08 PM, QueenSerena said:

t's also why some believe J&J could be written out once Missy's contract expires next month. That's part of what the whole brouhaha of Matt possibly not being offered a contract renewal was all about (i.e., if certain stories can't be explored because Missy is there, then removing her from the equation, & by extension Jack, those other kinds of stories can occur).

I don't know why they'd put a stop to the stories if they intend for Missy to leave. I think they'd just go ahead with their plans and if it leads to her leaving early, she'd leave early.  

19 hours ago, MsTree said:

And her hubby? Get a grip, man. She's your wife, not a possession. If you can't trust her all these years later, you have absolutely NO basis for marriage at all.

Again, I'm not a fan of her hubs but I don't know of many husbands who would be cool with their spouses working with their affair partners.  And I can understand why they might want as little reminder of it as possible.  

Because, as much as we talk about her alleged "power" when it comes to the Peter character, I still don't see her winning in the fallout.  Everyone knows she had an affair.  Not just colleagues (who've probably seen it all) but the fans, the press, her children and her religious community.  And because of her public profile, it's not something they can make go away with a move elsewhere.  It follows her.  Bringing back Peter would bring all that back up. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

If what we've been watching the last several months has been the result of the higher-ups interfering in Ron's original recipe, that means the ratings free fall can't be totally blamed on him.  Interesting.  

It makes me wonder what he had originally written, and why they thought it necessary to change it.  Because while I don't enjoy all of what Ron writes, I'm not typically bored with every story across the landscape of the show.  Olivia Rose Keegan was the only reason I was still watching back towards the beginning of the summer, and now I'm only watching bits a pieces so I have some idea what you all are talking about.  

• Love 5

GH isn't smart so I also expect him back at Days if he isn't already. Course I'm not sure if he wants to work full time either I always suspected it was a temp gig. He  gets PT work and is selective about what gigs he takes because he wants to be there for his daughter. Kirsten works FT on GH as well. 

I’m disappointed BB is leaving, as I’ve enjoyed him and his run. Does anyone know what that means for SH as Kristen? Is she still on contract or also exiting? SH is doing a good job in the role, but I can’t say I’d miss the character. I prefer the grey Dimeras to the OTT crazy ones. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, BoldDays said:

I’m disappointed BB is leaving, as I’ve enjoyed him and his run. Does anyone know what that means for SH as Kristen? Is she still on contract or also exiting? SH is doing a good job in the role, but I can’t say I’d miss the character. I prefer the grey Dimeras to the OTT crazy ones. 

Unfortunately she's sticking around. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah. A pay check is a pay check for Wally Kurth, and I don't begrudge him that. But this likely means Justin/Kayla is true and...yeah, no thank you!

Justin/Kayla bother me a lot less than the other spoilers that were rumored. I mean its not my first choice either but its less weird to me than Shane/Kayla probably because I've seen WK and MBE play lovers on GH(and I didn't like it there either that much) and they're only related because their spouses were siblings. As opposed to Kayla who was Kim's sister and the Bradys were cool with it(which I found WTF but I digress).

• Love 1
On 9/29/2019 at 9:20 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah. A pay check is a pay check for Wally Kurth, and I don't begrudge him that. But this likely means Justin/Kayla is true and...yeah, no thank you!

And there wont be any buildup whatsoever. We are expected to just accept this nonsensical pairing and roll with it without any build up. 

On 9/28/2019 at 6:38 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

He's from Indy so I'm curious as to who he'll play we won't see him till April 2020 though

Brett Fredericks perhaps?

Brett is Anna DiMera's brother.

On 9/15/2019 at 2:34 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Good . Glad Stefan is taking a hike. Id much rather have Peter Blake -DiMera than this ill-conceived character.

HOwever ,they can always bring Barash back as either Max Brady or Scotty Banning  .

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Rafael said:

Brett Fredericks perhaps?

Brett is Anna DiMera's brother.

I doubt the show cares that much to go through all that trouble.

18 hours ago, Rafael said:

Good . Glad Stefan is taking a hike. Id much rather have Peter Blake -DiMera than this ill-conceived character.

HOwever ,they can always bring Barash back as either Max Brady or Scotty Banning  .

There's a rumor he's returned back for filming. Not sure as who.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

People are saying that this Arianna recast may not be true.  The actress played Arianna in a flashforward scene a while back, and there's no evidence that she's going to be on the show again.

I had wondered about this, because she looked familiar to me for some reason. Well, that and I think the Udell twins' parents may have inadvertently spilled that they survive the time jump. If you zoom way in on the script number in the top left picture (but also the entire post is adorable 🥰), that should be an episode that takes place after November:

I did wonder if this other actress might have done another flashforward-type scene, but her IMDB page doesn't indicate it so far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Per Jason47

HARPER & SYDNEE UDELL TO DEPART "DAYS"...

Harper and Sydnee Udell, who have played Arianna Horton since the character's birth in 2013, are wrapping up their six-year run. Their last episode will air later this year. The role will be recast. Good luck to Harper and Sydnee, who started on "Days" as babies and leave as first graders!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Per Jason47

HARPER & SYDNEE UDELL TO DEPART "DAYS"...

Harper and Sydnee Udell, who have played Arianna Horton since the character's birth in 2013, are wrapping up their six-year run. Their last episode will air later this year. The role will be recast. Good luck to Harper and Sydnee, who started on "Days" as babies and leave as first graders!

I wonder if there going to age her up a couple years.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I wonder if there going to age her up a couple years.

I don't mind if she's aged a little, just hopefully not too much because Chandler, Freddie and Camila are all pretty young (too young to have a teen or pre-teen lol).

Awww, so the twins did end up leaving. I know they weren't exactly natural little actresses, but I liked having them around more than anything for the fact they could use all of the flashbacks from the time around when Ari was born. But, the show probably got what they probably got what they needed in that regard after Will's amnesia story, so this is probably good timing. I'm hopeful this means we might actually see more of Ari moving forward.

• Love 3
On 10/12/2019 at 9:57 PM, QueenSerena said:

I don't mind if she's aged a little, just hopefully not too much because Chandler, Freddie and Camila are all pretty young (too young to have a teen or pre-teen lol).

Awww, so the twins did end up leaving. I know they weren't exactly natural little actresses, but I liked having them around more than anything for the fact they could use all of the flashbacks from the time around when Ari was born. But, the show probably got what they probably got what they needed in that regard after Will's amnesia story, so this is probably good timing. I'm hopeful this means we might actually see more of Ari moving forward.

Yeah Ari is already six, I can see them aging her to no more than 10 at the most. Or they just wanted more capable young actors and she will remain the same age. 

Ultimately Ari will run the same course that Will did. When you have teen parents who are still on the show and portrayed by the same actors it limits your SORASING options for their children.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Yeah Ari is already six, I can see them aging her to no more than 10 at the most. Or they just wanted more capable young actors and she will remain the same age. 

Ultimately Ari will run the same course that Will did. When you have teen parents who are still on the show and portrayed by the same actors it limits your SORASING options for their children.

Ari's birth certificate said that Will and Gabi were 20 when she was born, so they were just barely beyond being teen parents - they beat Lumi in that regard! 😉 But I completely agree with your point, it doesn't help that the actors are already young and haven't appeared to age much over their respective times on the show.

I'm curious to know when her last air date is. I really thought the script number in that picture above was for December (and now I'm wondering if that was actually their last day on set) - maybe a 2019 Christmas "flashback"?

• Love 2

This is something I've been waiting for since Lani first arrived.

Didn't realize Sal looked so much like her though.

Please Ron, don't throw this vet into some "crazy diva" storyline. I want to like her and maybe grow to tolerate Lani in the process.

• Love 5