Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Is Camilla cut? what is going on over there? This sounds like madness..

Nothing has been confirmed but many suspect that's the case based on her IG post considering Galen, Chandler and Freddie are all out that's Gabi's support system right there.....

Course she probably is reacting to the crappy way Chandler and Freddie found out they were gone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Nothing has been confirmed but many suspect that's the case based on her IG post considering Galen, Chandler and Freddie are all out that's Gabi's support system right there.....

Course she probably is reacting to the crappy way Chandler and Freddie found out they were gone.

What happens to Arianna?  If Gabi stays, does Ari stay with her or go off with my two dads? If Ari isn't a arsonists by the age of 14 I'll be shocked.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, SueB said:

What happens to Arianna?  If Gabi stays, does Ari stay with her or go off with my two dads? If Ari isn't a arsonists by the age of 14 I'll be shocked.  

If Gabi stays we probably won't see Ari until she shows up to torment Gabi.

However if CB is also out I could see Gabi going to prison and Wilson taking Ari with them out of town.

• Love 2

Galen Gering's birthday is today(Feb.13) and he tweeted out Thanks to his fans & also some pictures, as today was his last day on set.  He had a photo of him & Alison Sweeney together(so I wonder if they had scenes together?)...the whole Hernandez family will be gone?  I always liked Rafe's scenes with his sister, Gabi...when he was in 'big brother" mode.  And I liked Rafe with other cast members, just not with Hope.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If Gabi stays we probably won't see Ari until she shows up to torment Gabi.

However if CB is also out I could see Gabi going to prison and Wilson taking Ari with them out of town.

Why should Gabi go to prison when Ben is free to have a life..

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The showrunners really would be massively stupid to let three of their most talented younger actors leave the show--CB, FS and CM have so much history between them that their scenes always came alive.  You don't get that with Chad and Abby or Ben and Ciara.

Also, when exactly is Kate Mansi leaving?  I know I can't wait for her exit.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why should Gabi go to prison when Ben is free to have a life..

I think we know the answer to that one...

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The showrunners really would be massively stupid to let three of their most talented younger actors leave the show--CB, FS and CM have so much history between them that their scenes always came alive.  You don't get that with Chad and Abby or Ben and Ciara.

Also, when exactly is Kate Mansi leaving?  I know I can't wait for her exit.

I don't know about most talented but CB is one they actually write for it would be surprising if she was out.

That being said KM I believe last airs in May. Casey will last air on Tuesday.

Soooooo, just in case you maybe might want to have your say in the recent firings (at least of the ones we know of):

https://www.change.org/p/nbc-bring-chandler-massey-and-freddie-smith-back-to-days-of-our-lives

Hey, Stabi fans did their own petition and it worked, so why not WilSon? 😁

Edit - I'll just put this here. You'll have to excuse me because I'm in my feelings this week, but he's too sweet:

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 6

Well!

Not happy at all about GG's firing.  I thought he was great with Hope (shut up!) and IMO he always got a raw deal here.

Meanwhile, you got the frump MR and way past his time MA along with EM who while I liked him on Passions he should have been gone long ago.

Wonder who Hope will be paired with now.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Well!

Not happy at all about GG's firing.  I thought he was great with Hope (shut up!) and IMO he always got a raw deal here.

Meanwhile, you got the frump MR and way past his time MA along with EM who while I liked him on Passions he should have been gone long ago.

Justin?  Surely Stayla will pair up again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

No way!  Love WK but I couldn't see him with Hope, he's lost his 80's edge.

By which you mean, with Hope now in her 80's, he's too young for her?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Man...I'm depressed. Will and Gabi are two of my faves and they're headed out the door?

Original Philip's return may sound exciting but he was pretty gross on the Digital Series. Just kinda smarmy and checked-out.

Lani and Kristen need to go. Justin is pointless now. I hate Ben...

Ugh.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

No way!  Love WK but I couldn't see him with Hope, he's lost his 80's edge.

Remember back when Nightime Hope was living at the Kiriakis mansion? Daytime Hope and Justin approached a hookup with a kiss or two. They were okay as a couple, but maybe they need to give Hope a rest anyway. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Artsda said:

I bet CM will return one day.

The Hernandes entire family being gone finally? Hated how forced on they were.

Chandler Massey? Yeah I think so.

Casey Moss? Maybe I lean towards no though.

20 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

All the write outs and firings seem dumb ass hell. 

So the younger group would now entirely consistent of Ciara, Ben, Chad, and Abby? 😖 Then the rest of the show will be people 40+ or infants? 

Actually Ben/Ciara.

Chad/Abby will be gone around May.

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Original Philip's return may sound exciting but he was pretty gross on the Digital Series. Just kinda smarmy and checked-out.

Yea, he was utterly terrible in that. He just seemed like he thought he was so above it and gave it nothing. I found it really annoying.

25 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Chad/Abby will be gone around May.

The original info was that BF was on contract while KM wasn't so Chad would be sticking around and Abby would be leaving. Has that changed?

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The original info was that BF was on contract while KM wasn't so Chad would be sticking around and Abby would be leaving. Has that changed?

That was before they released all the contracts and are now signing back who they want.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Artsda said:

That was before they released all the contracts and are now signing back who they want.

So is there confirmation that they are not signing back Billy then? Who all is confirmed as not getting a new contract? I guess Freddie, Chandler, and Galen. And Casey was gone before that whole thing. Possibly Camila but that's just a rumor, correct? Who else?

• Love 1
On 2/15/2020 at 10:05 AM, peachmangosteen said:

So is there confirmation that they are not signing back Billy then? Who all is confirmed as not getting a new contract? I guess Freddie, Chandler, and Galen. And Casey was gone before that whole thing. Possibly Camila but that's just a rumor, correct? Who else?

Camila is just a rumor we knew Kate was already gone someone said Billy as well. 

Outside of Victoria/Rob there doesn't appear to be a younger set confirmed 

If they don't get rid of Lani I just don't know what to say anymore...she is so boring and completely dead weight.

Honestly, I was kind of afraid that this would happen when they released everyone from their contracts. It was obvious they weren't going to bring everybody back no matter what the actors were saying on their social media pages. I especially hate how Freddie and Chandler were the most vocal of the cast when it came to reassuring fans, and now they're out on their butts jobless. That just sucks.

So let's pretend that Chad and Abigail and Sonny and Will and Gabi are all off the show come September...was their new budget so crappy they had to cut out five of their leading actors? Or did they do it so that they could afford to bring back somebody else who cost more?

I also can't help but wonder a bit what it's like to be one of those actors who demands more money to do the show, knowing that colleagues and friends might get laid off just so that the project can afford to have you. If Alison Sweeney, for example, were to return to the show for a full year, how many people would have to get fired for her to be brought back?

If the original Philip is asking for a lot of money to come back to the show, and that's part of the reason why they let some of these other actors go, I have to say I don't think it's worth the trade. He really didn't show any of his acting ability in the digital series. For as much as people have been clamoring to see him back on the program he certainly doesn't seem to care as much about it. Not that I know for a fact that he's getting some big salary compared to everybody else. I'm just saying it's a bit of a gamble and I wonder how that effects the actors relationships with each other.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

If they don't get rid of Lani I just don't know what to say anymore...she is so boring and completely dead weight.

Honestly, I was kind of afraid that this would happen when they released everyone from their contracts. It was obvious they weren't going to bring everybody back no matter what the actors were saying on their social media pages. I especially hate how Freddie and Chandler were the most vocal of the cast when it came to reassuring fans, and now they're out on their butts jobless. That just sucks.

So let's pretend that Chad and Abigail and Sonny and Will and Gabi are all off the show come September...was their new budget so crappy they had to cut out five of their leading actors? Or did they do it so that they could afford to bring back somebody else who cost more?

I also can't help but wonder a bit what it's like to be one of those actors who demands more money to do the show, knowing that colleagues and friends might get laid off just so that the project can afford to have you. If Alison Sweeney, for example, were to return to the show for a full year, how many people would have to get fired for her to be brought back?

If the original Philip is asking for a lot of money to come back to the show, and that's part of the reason why they let some of these other actors go, I have to say I don't think it's worth the trade. He really didn't show any of his acting ability in the digital series. For as much as people have been clamoring to see him back on the program he certainly doesn't seem to care as much about it. Not that I know for a fact that he's getting some big salary compared to everybody else. I'm just saying it's a bit of a gamble and I wonder how that effects the actors relationships with each other.

Doug Davidson got a lot of flack for what he said but a lot of it is true that when an actor is released from their contracts its not good for them as the contract would protect them etc. Sounds like a lot of what he's saying was true.

Lani is the token black girl of the show she'll never be featured or written to the same level as her lighter skinned counterparts once this story wraps up her and Eli will return to the BB to the point that it doesn't matter that they're still on the show. Abe they want to keep around as the talk to so one of his kids has to stick around I rather it be Theo or Abe than her but alas... 

I agree that she sucks but so does the show so...

I'd be surprised if AS were to return FT for a year unless Days was going to get cancelled afterwards I can't imagine that scenario tbh. I wouldn't think she's worth it as Sami ate the show for years and for me hard pass.. although unlike Gabi she's actually competent.

That being said when a show is renewed the budget is lower not bigger as you see with the K Mart production values each passing year...

On 2/16/2020 at 2:22 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Camila is just a rumor we knew Kate was already gone someone said Billy as well. 

Outside of Victoria/Rob there doesn't appear to be a younger set confirmed 

You posted this over the weekend as well in the current episode thread, and I didn’t hear it mentioned on the show.

Do you have a source? When I read it in the daily episode thread it sounded like a spoiler and you see to indicate it actually is one, so where did you get that info they’re both gone was that mentioned on screen and I missed it? Or is this from a magazine article or the actor on social media? 

• Love 2

Daytime Royalty has a thread that keeps comings and goings updated and I think they're pretty accurate.

Kate Mansi is listed as leaving in June.  But Chad/Billy is still listed as on contract with no departure date listed so I'm not sure where that's coming from.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

You posted this over the weekend as well in the current episode thread, and I didn’t hear it mentioned on the show.

Do you have a source? When I read it in the daily episode thread it sounded like a spoiler and you see to indicate it actually is one, so where did you get that info they’re both gone was that mentioned on screen and I missed it? Or is this from a magazine article or the actor on social media? 

I saw it on a thread at SoapCentral that has the comings and goings plus it appears on Twitter.

I thought BF was sticking around but that was before they released everyone from contract a couple months ago so who knows?

On 2/14/2020 at 11:05 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Well!

They should have revisited Hope and Justin instead of terrorising us with this insipid Justin /Kayla couple.  

• Love 1

The rumor has always been that Kristian didn't want Hope to have that kind of relationship with Justin. If true it's yet another time they've catered to actors wishes in regards to storylines. 

• Love 4
On 2/23/2020 at 6:37 AM, Jaded said:

The rumor has always been that Kristian didn't want Hope to have that kind of relationship with Justin. If true it's yet another time they've catered to actors wishes in regards to storylines. 

This. May sound like blasphemy but its time to write her character out and transfer her to the mini series format where she receives a call from her nephew, Dr.  Spencer Olson , who informs her that her Stephen Olson has gone missing and she leaves salem to meet up with Spencer to uncover the mystery behind his dissapearance. 

It will be refreshing and a decent change of pace for a character who has become exhausting to watch.  Plus we can finally see her interact with her big brother and his son.  

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 5

11 hours ago, Jaded said:

I never heard of that rumor but at the time Bo was alive when it was teased so I doubt they were going to do that anyways.

Although it might explain why they brought on Aiden another lawyer for Hope to be paired with but Bo was gone at that point.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Rafael said:

This. May sound like blasphemy but its time to write her character out and transfer her to the mini series format where she receives a call from her nephew Dr.  Spencer Olson and informing her that Stephen Olson has gone missing and she leaves salem to meet up with Spencer to uncover the mystery behind his dissapearance.  It will be refreshing snd a decent change of pace for a character who has become exhausting to watch.  Plus we can finally see her interact with her brother and his son.  

I agree with your stories about Hope and you should write for the show...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I never heard of that rumor but at the time Bo was alive when it was teased so I doubt they were going to do that anyways.

Although it might explain why they brought on Aiden another lawyer for Hope to be paired with but Bo was gone at that point.

So... I wonder what Chloe's story will be?  Is it time for them to SORAS Parker?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Rafael said:

This. May sound like blasphemy but its time to write her character out and transfer her to the mini series format where she receives a call from her nephew Dr.  Spencer Olson and informing her that Stephen Olson has gone missing and she leaves salem to meet up with Spencer to uncover the mystery behind his dissapearance.  It will be refreshing snd a decent change of pace for a character who has become exhausting to watch.  Plus we can finally see her interact with her brother and his son.  

Whoa...Hope has a brother?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

She has two actually Doug had a son with some woman they barely mention.  However Steven is her and Julie's brother via Addie. He was played by Stephen Schnetzer way back when before he was the awesome Cass Winthrop on AW.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

She has two, both the Olson guy from her mother Addie, and Doug had a son with another woman too.

And neither of them have been heard from in 40 years at least, or mentioned either, that I can remember.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I hadn't heard that Camila was leaving. Now that she is going to get to save the day, once again, by saving Mickey, I wonder what she would ask for if she knew who the parents really are? I am sure she would try to negotiate a DiMera deal. Ha ha, it will be too late and all she will get is her freedom from prosecution.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She has two actually Doug had a son with some woman they barely mention.  However Steven is her and Julie's brother via Addie. He was played by Stephen Schnetzer way back when before he was the awesome Cass Winthrop on AW.

Cass Winthrop!!  I had a major crush on him.  So pretty😍

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Jacob Young was at an event with Kassie De Paiva, Wally Kurth, and Eric Martsolf.  That's kicked off repeated speculation that he's going to be Philip.

Considering you have Justin and Brady plus Eve who was a Kiriakis herself at one point this may not be far off. I think JY would be a better choice for Phillip than Kyle Brandt and JPL were but honestly they should've just either gone JKJ or bust. I like Phillip I rather he not return so he can be ruined.

• Love 1

He was already kind of ruined during his last stint. Deimos, a pretty lightweight and unpopular character, was torturing the crap out of him when he bolted out of town with his tail between his legs, not to be heard from since. Well at least not until the digital series, where everyone's favourite actor returned but with absolutely no commitment to the material. Maybe that's why they had so many flashbacks, because they knew this was the last time he would bother playing the role again...

Anyway, I liked this guy on Bold and he does look a little bit like John Aniston. If they don't write the character into the ground, I think he could work well. The big question is who Chloe will have better chemistry with now that current Rex is really ex-Brady and they have a huge following as a couple. Can a new guy compete with that?

I am glad Chloe is back. Nadia glows on screen. And she's a friend for  Nicole.They'd be wise to age up Parker to around ten. We really need some good kid actors on this show, and it would give Maggie someone new to interact with.

Does anyone have any Hopes for who else they might hire back?

I personally would love to see Theo again, but he would have no one to interact with in his own age bracket...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
On 2/23/2020 at 8:13 PM, SueB said:

So... I wonder what Chloe's story will be?  Is it time for them to SORAS Parker?

Absolutely not. Enough with this SORAS  nonsense.  They have not earned the right to SORAS Sydney, Johnny and Parker especially after the sh!t show that was JJ and Ciara's teenset. Il be  actually okay with it  if we didnt have any teen set on the canvas .

Let Parker, Sydney, Holly and the others age in real time.  

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Considering you have Justin and Brady plus Eve who was a Kiriakis herself at one point this may not be far off. I think JY would be a better choice for Phillip than Kyle Brandt and JPL were but honestly they should've just either gone JKJ or bust. I like Phillip I rather he not return so he can be ruined.

I think Jacob Young might be a de -sORASed Scotty Banning.  

Isnt it time for Eli to meet his half brother?  

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1

With Nadia back, I do hope they bring back Belle ,Shawn ,JKJ as Philip.  Yes, JAy was woeful in the mini series but I think its rust.  He hasnt had a regular acting gig in the last 9 years.  But I still want him to return as Philip.  As time goes on, he will get into the zone again.  

They should pair Philip and Belle and let them have their own kid.  

Jay and Martha have blazing chemisty. 

Let Shawn get his freak on with Chloe .

Remember when JT went missing and cHloe found him and shawn spontaneously kissed her after he was relieved that JT was alright? 

See, there is already a historical precedent for a future Shawn and Chloe hookup. 

Too bad Jason Cook wont be able to return since it was his Shawn who smooched chloe so we wont get a flashback. 

or bring back Melanie for Shawn. 

Bo and Carly 2.0 anyone? 

I mean Brandon Beemer and Nadia used to date so the Shawn and  Chloe pairing might be awkward for both of them

Edited by Rafael