Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Does anyone have any Hopes for who else they might hire back?

I personally would love to see Theo again, but he would have no one to interact with in his own age

the likes of BRady ,Ciara and Ben should also be written out.

Bring back Casey Moss ,Brody Hutzler as Patrick Lockhart and Julie Pinson as Billie Reed  .

After the babyswitch debacle is revealed,  Xander can also leave after Sarah tears him a new one. 

Then after  Sarah  can also  take a hike.  

Would love to see Jon Prescott join the show as Alexander Kiriakis,  son of Justin and Anjelica.  

Have Alex's return coincide with Philip's and Nicholas Alamain (Barash in the role).  

Alex would be revealed to be the CEO of Nicholas Alamain's  inherited conglomorate ,Alamain industries -to Victor's dismay.  

While Philip is CEO of Titan and Chad being CEO of DE.  

We can have DiMera enterprises, Alamain industries and Titan vying for supremacy.  

Kate Mansi is leaving so now would be a good time to bring back Emily Montague to reprise the role of Abby.  She played Abby for one episode Back in 2007 when Abby and Max Brady ran into Jack in New York.  

Edited by Rafael

So, to go along with the news on Leo and Sheila's returns on April 1st, this would appear to be even further confirmation that the episode airing that day is a one-time deal - probably like the way they've done Halloween in recent years:

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I think I read that Greg Rikaart tested positive for Corona-virus. 😞

He did but is on the mend now. I remember seeing a tweet where he was speculating that he may have it due to symptoms he was having and he was getting blowback about the tweet. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

What ever happened to that English actress that was coming that people were speculating was going to be Greta?

I heard speculation that she might be Xander's sister.

....considering how he treats women, she must have some stories...

• Love 4
On 3/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, Silver Raven said:

Will Sarah go running back to Rex when her relationship with Xander breaks down?

What if the "twist" is that Rex/Sarah's kid exists after all I found it strange they acted like Rex couldn't possibly have fathered her kid when she slept with him and Eric around the same time.

• Love 6
On 3/29/2020 at 1:48 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

What if the "twist" is that Rex/Sarah's kid exists after all I found it strange they acted like Rex couldn't possibly have fathered her kid when she slept with him and Eric around the same time.

Far more interesting scenario!!!!! The fact that they established that there were 3 babies born that night keeps making me think there is another twist in the works.

It always made no sense that they dismissed Rex being the father as if there was a significant time lapse. Sarah ended her marriage and slept with Eric the same night. She was pregnant less than two weeks later. 

• Love 6

I don't believe Kelly's around for very long, sorry to say for any fans of hers. It seems she filmed very briefly and then another actress took over the role. Alyshia Ochse is apparently who takes over, and she's listed for 10 episodes on her IMDB page, meaning she's probably not still around (unless someone else takes over the role again) when Rafe leaves this fall.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

I don't believe Kelly's around for very long, sorry to say for any fans of hers. It seems she filmed very briefly and then another actress took over the role. Alyshia Ochse is apparently who takes over, and she's listed for 10 episodes on her IMDB page, meaning she's probably not still around (unless someone else takes over the role again) when Rafe leaves this fall.

Ah, is that how it went? The article on Daytime Confindetial kinda makes it sound like the other way around, that KT took over for Alyshia Ochse.

Soaps.com is reporting that Thiebaud will play Zoey, a lawyer for Evan (Brock Kelly), starting the week of April 13. Previous casting news had Alyshia Ochse in the role.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, is that how it went? The article on Daytime Confindetial kinda makes it sound like the other way around, that KT took over for Alyshia Ochse.

Yeah, it's a weird one, but it was cleared up over at DR. Kelly was the first to film, then Alyshia took over (perhaps after Kelly had filmed all of one day in the role).

• Love 2

Rex and Cassie as Orpheus children should have been back years ago and should have targeted Jarlena, Roman and their children.  Orpheus should have remained dead given his kids even more of a reason to avenge their parents death growing up as orphans. In the original story, Roman killed their mother and John killed Orpheus..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

So she can become a murdering psychopath who fakes her own death, falsifies paternity results, lies, cheats, steals, falls in love with John Black, and tries to catch Ciara on fire.  Why else?  

Well then, I'll allow it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Remember that cryptic instagram video CB posted a while back. Well according to DR, Gabi is gone. So she must leave with Rafe, Will and Sonny.   

They also speculated that she was offered less pay, turned it down, then maybe accepted the lower offer, but as of when the show went on break she wasn't yet back.

I actually thought Zoey and Rafe had a spark of chemistry, but if the original Zoey is gone soon, and of course Rafe is gone in September, it doesn't matter.  It's funny though, how much more I enjoy Rafe since they got him out of Hope's life, and I may even miss him once he's gone.

• Love 8

Wait so is CB really gone or she's gone temporarily and will return. If its the former I'm actually surprised because they actually write for this character.

I can't say I'll miss Gabi but at least she's an actor that brings energy to a show that's severely lacking in it among other things. Who's going to take up the slack in her absence?

LG and AZ could do it but for the younger set there's nobody else.

• Love 1

I usually avoid DR like the plague but that was an interesting read especially how she wanted to keep Gabi's wardrobe and they said no. All this time I thought she picked her own clothes.

They also referenced a rumor of Cynthia Preston possibly playing Eve which I could see. I wonder if they would pair her with Justin? WK/CP played a couple on GH so its not totally out there.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They also referenced a rumor of Cynthia Preston possibly playing Eve which I could see. I wonder if they would pair her with Justin? WK/CP played a couple on GH

I don't remember Cynthia Preston's Faith ever involved with Ned on GH. Are you confusing it with Wally Kurth/Jane Elliot, who played lovers on Days and mother/son on GH? (I ask because Jane actually played a CHARACTER named Cynthia Preston in the early '80s or so on AMC and was one of Palmer Cortlandt's many wives!)

(edited)
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

All this time I thought she picked her own clothes.

I once read, probably at DR, that the contract actors have wardrobe to choose from, but that the non-contract ones wear their own clothes.  No idea if that is true or not.  However, CB (Gabi) being a contract actor, would theoretically, not be wearing her own clothes.

6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

but apparently BB was still filming before the studio shut down so I guess those two will be separated..again.

That seems odd, especially since they brought him back due to the audiences positive reaction to him and Gabi. 

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Who's going to take up the slack in her absence?

LG and AZ could do it but for the younger set there's nobody else.

The Last Blast gang?  Isn't there rumours some of them are back - Chloe, Belle, Shawn, maybe Philip.

Edit to add link to casting comings/goings at DR:

https://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/casting-news-rumors-2020-t41659.html

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't remember Cynthia Preston's Faith ever involved with Ned on GH. Are you confusing it with Wally Kurth/Jane Elliot, who played lovers on Days and mother/son on GH? (I ask because Jane actually played a CHARACTER named Cynthia Preston in the early '80s or so on AMC and was one of Palmer Cortlandt's many wives!)

Ned/Faith were an item on GH

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am loling over the possibility that CM asked if she could keep Gabi's clothes like girl!

That was my reaction too but then I read through the thread and it sounds like it's not an uncommon request and some actors have actually been given their clothes.  Kate Mansi was mentioned.

I wonder if the rumors about Cynthia Preston might be related to the pandemic.  Given Kassie just went through cancer treatments a few short years ago, she might be hesitant about returning to work---especially if she's still NY based and would have to travel.

I don't get that list.  It says that Wally Kurth is recurring (I thought he signed a contract) and that he exits in Feb?  But that's not true.  He's still here.  And Brandon is just recurring?

• Love 3