Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't get that list.  It says that Wally Kurth is recurring (I thought he signed a contract) and that he exits in Feb?  But that's not true.  He's still here.  And Brandon is just recurring?

It shows him exiting on the Recurring cast list on February 28 and on Contract cast list, which is above the recurring, he is shown arriving on March 2.  

I don't see Brandon Barash on the list, only Brandon Beemer.  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I don't see Brandon Barash on the list, only Brandon Beemer.  

Brandon is listed towards the bottom of the recurring list twice--Stefan on the 23rd of April and Jake on the 24th.

• Love 1

Wow and the reaction on Twitter is total shock. Usually when a major character leaves even temporarily there is some notice. The article inside didnt indicate this is a temporary thing, but yeah we can't be that lucky.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, lb60 said:

Can she take Lani with her?

Please and thank you!

Kristen will probably return so... otherwise if I thought this was permanent or at least for a really long period of time then I agree.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Wow and the reaction on Twitter is total shock. Usually when a major character leaves even temporarily there is some notice. The article inside didnt indicate this is a temporary thing, but yeah we can't be that lucky.

Someone mentioned Eve is possibly going to show up in a couple weeks not sure how accurate that is but maybe Breve will be revisited? I would prefer that over Brady/Sarah.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

What was the reaction on Twitter?

I think the shock is from the fact that usually one of the DOOL insiders shares the information months before it happens on screen.  It's pretty rare these days for a mag to spoil a departure when it comes to DOOL.

Or did you mean happy/sad?  That I don't know.

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think the shock is from the fact that usually one of the DOOL insiders shares the information months before it happens on screen.  It's pretty rare these days for a mag to spoil a departure when it comes to DOOL.

Or did you mean happy/sad?  That I don't know.

Haha, yes, I misinterpreted the comment and thought it was in reference to the fans being happy or sad.  Makes sense, though, that it was in reference to fans being shocked at the last minute news of Haiduk's departure.  

I'm a little surprised myself, as I've been trying to figure out how they were going to get Kristin out of stabbing Victor so she can be with Rachel and Brady.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 1

They can rewrite the baby to be Maggie's or Daniel's for all I care, so long as it gets Fake Kristen off our screens. Although I have to be glad Eileen didn't play any of this garbage. It was beneath her, insulting to the audience and the character.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If only this is permanent

Regardless I'll enjoy the Kristen free existence we're getting until she unfortunately returns.

I bet Brady/Sarah hookup while she's gone.

Hmm. Can a crane crush her dead DEAD off screen, please? (Hey, that worked on GH, damn it!) Mickeyrachel can live and be returned to Sarah after it is discovered that Psycho stole another embryo and the kid is not Brady's. Win-win all over this way!

• Love 8

How about the neon "S" from the Salem Inn crushing Kristen? The letter "C" took out Mary on Santa Barbara.

We could even get Sesame Street to sponsor it - S is for splat!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, cmahorror said:

How about the neon "S" from the Salem Inn crushing Kristen? The letter "C" took out Mary on Santa Barbara.

We could even get Sesame Street to sponsor it - S is for splat!

Funny, that was the example I was initially going to use, but I figured the GH example was more recent.  🙂

• Love 2
On 5/6/2020 at 11:31 PM, DisneyBoy said:

They can rewrite the baby to be Maggie's or Daniel's for all I care, so long as it gets Fake Kristen off our screens. Although I have to be glad Eileen didn't play any of this garbage. It was beneath her, insulting to the audience and the character.

I don't know, I thought Stacy's acting improved towards the end.

• Love 2

I just don't get it , why don't they bring back Sean Douglas ,who played Vargas ? 

The man had chemistry with everyone from Hope to Nicole and he even had inappropriate chemistry with Greg Vahghan . I just don't get it !

Bring him back and re-cast him as Tanner Scofield ,who is Jack/Steve/Adrienne's step brother. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/7/2020 at 4:30 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Someone mentioned Eve is possibly going to show up in a couple weeks not sure how accurate that is but maybe Breve will be revisited? I would prefer that over Brady/Sarah.

Oh ,come on !!

Iv pretty much had it Up to here with Kassie's Eve . Can't they bring back Alexis Thorpe as Cassie Brady ? At least she will be somewhat refreshing.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Rafael said:

Oh ,come on !!

Iv pretty much had it t

Up to here with Kassie's Eve . Can't they bring back Alexis Thorpe as Cassie Brady ? At least she will be somewhat refreshing.

Plus its about time Kate dealt with one of her daughters on a regular basis as opposed to her sons. She's also a Brady so she's not related to half the town anymore.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

What happened to that Bold and the Beautiful actor who was supposed to be joining the show? The one we thought would be the new Philip..?

I think the whole Jacob Young thing was just a rumor.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh okay. I thought it was confirmed he had been cast as someone and everyone figured it was Philip.

Jay is the only acceptable Philip, everybody else sucked in the role with the exception of the original actor who was equally as handsome and dynamic as Jay.. Jay left the show because he hated the Philip/Melanie romance.. His Philip sizzled with Belle, Stefanie and Chloe..

• Love 5

Maybe....but he was really bad on the Digital DOOL Last Blast Reunion series. Like, smug as hell and barely trying. Think James Franco on his worst day.

I was looking forward to a fresh start for Philip and Jacob Young is good at playing the "serious corporate guy with a heart", at least from what I remember of his work on BOLD.

....I wonder if they'll reference how Philip left last time after being tortured by Deimos over that stupid supposed Alzheimer's cure that also gave Caroline visions of the future....🙄🙄🙄

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

....I wonder if they'll reference how Philip left last time after being tortured by Deimos over that stupid supposed Alzheimer's cure that also gave Caroline visions of the future....

This show can't even remember that Phillip is supposed to be a freaking amputee! So best of luck there...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 6/5/2020 at 4:47 AM, WendyCR72 said:

I think the whole Jacob Young thing was just a rumor.

I honestly thought Jacob Young might be cast as Scotty Banning 

11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe....but he was really bad on the Digital DOOL Last Blast Reunion series. Like, smug as hell and barely trying. Think James Franco on his worst day.

He hasn't really done much acting since leaving the show. Perhaps he is just super rusty.

(edited)

Just read somewhere that they are bringing in a SORAS'd version of Allie Horton and that they have also cast the role. 

If TIIC didn't make such a colossal mess with JJ's and Ciara 's respective  teen sets ,I might be optimistic about Allie's presence .

Besides ,something tells me Allie will be subjected to typical and generic teen storylines such as drinking ,partying and perhaps a teen pregnancy storyline. Something which web already seen with Joey/Jade and Chad /Mia and Sami/Lucas /Ausyin etc   

Carlivati is too much of a hack to actually write anything which is somewhat original and not filled with cliched.

16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
On 6/6/2020 at 3:58 AM, WendyCR72 said:

This show can't even remember that Phillip is supposed to be a freaking amputee! So best of luck there...

To be fair when Jay came back as Philip after that awful recast, he incorporated a slight limp to convey that Philip had a prosthetic leg and the producer at the time told him that they were going to act like that story never happened.. Don't forget that Philip also had a face transplant that was never mentioned on the show..

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Jason47's page is announcing that Marci Miller will be back as Abigail. No date set yet. Also, both Eli's and Lani's mothers will be a the wedding.

This whole Abigail back and forth reminds me of the Becky switcheroo on Roseanne in the later years. Lecy Goranson, Becky #1, was going to college. For a while, she appeared when she could. But then the show recast with Sarah Chalke. And then Goransson returned, but I recall Chalke also appearing in the role again (not talking about The Conners that had both Goranson and Chalke on, with Chalke playing a new character!).

Crazy.

• Love 4

I didn't care for her version of Abby that being said Abby's storylines at this point are having a breakdown every two years regardless of actress. I wish they would just write the character out for a while and come up with something else if that's all they see her as. However that's not going to happen as they clearly love the character regardless of actress. J&J do need to have one of their children around and they don't love JJ like I do so Abby it is.

The only good thing I can say about this is that J&J will finally have something to do and we'll get to see more of them.

I really thought Marci left for greener pastures with a "thanks but never again" in her eye.

I liked her as an actress but forcing her to play alternate personalities was a huge mistake. I felt they could rehab the character with Marci in the part, but they just dragged Abigail down further. At this point it seems pretty clear that they prefer one actress to the other, so why do they keep bringing her back knowing she's not the one they really want? I'm so confused.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This whole Abigail back and forth reminds me of the Becky switcheroo on Roseanne in the later years. Lecy Goranson, Becky #1, was going to college. For a while, she appeared when she could. But then the show recast with Sarah Chalke. And then Goransson returned, but I recall Chalke also appearing in the role again (not talking about The Conners that had both Goranson and Chalke on, with Chalke playing a new character!).

Crazy.

My favorite part of that was when the characters on the show were watching Bewitched, and Chalke's character said she liked the second Darren better,

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Marci wasn't a good Abigail. Why would they bring her back? I thought KM was returning? If she's not, I rather a new Abigail than MM back.

My guess is she didn't want to be on contract and tbh I don't blame her especially when Days is hanging on by a thread.  I agree I didn't care for MM's version at all(although she had decent sibling chem with Casey Moss).  I rather they write out Abigail entirely and Chad along with her tbh if the show doesn't see him beyond an Abby appendage at this point. The past few months of them here they had very little to do there's no need for them. I rather trade them in for characters that aren't written to the ground like they are. Its ok to rest characters for a while.

The only good thing about this is that we may see more of Jack/Jennifer but that's about it.

• Love 3

Hopefully the dual personalities don't return with MM. I'm willing to give her a chance to see how she does without having to pretend she's Gabi with a rat trap wig.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Jaded said:

Hopefully the dual personalities don't return with MM. I'm willing to give her a chance to see how she does without having to pretend she's Gabi with a rat trap wig.

Yet you don't need to be Stevie Wonder to see this is where its going. Especially when BB returning in the Stefan role(I like for the show to keep him as Jake but I doubt it or he's Jake but with Stefan's memories).

Ron is also not the least bit original so...

(edited)

Billy has been really pushing Marci Miller because he can't stand Kate Mansi, allegedly. If we're getting MM back, I wonder if this means we'll be subjected to all those scenes they did of her standing in front of a window. They did that. Like a lot.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Billy has been really pushing Marci Miller because he can't stand Kate Mansi, allegedly. If we're getting MM back, I wonder if this means we'll be subjected to all those scenes they did of her standing in front of a window. They did that. Like a lot.

Its obvious that he can't stand her the feeling is mutual she's just much more professional about it. Regardless I doubt he has that much influence on the show his version of Chad has been tied to Abby being around. They don't care about him beyond that which I think is unfortunate as I think domesticating Chabby  this early and sticking them with two kids has hindered both characters. I think Abby could exist without Chad but her whole existence is tied to breaking down every two years and honestly it gets trite after a while. 

They both would've been better served having the couples breakup with Abby either being written out for good or the show getting rid of both characters and return characters who haven't been written into the ground like they have.

However since J&J are both on the show it makes sense to have one of their kids around to give them something to do and Abby is the only one they care about that's also in a popular pairing so here we are.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
On 6/20/2020 at 3:11 AM, Jaded said:

Does anyone else feel like they used Marcy Miller at the wrong time in the character's storyline? We never got to see Kate Mansi as Abigail punch Ben in the face at her wedding, or get gaslighted by Gabi at the hospital, and I feel like those are things Kate Mansi should have been present for just because they were more extreme and also they paid off moments that Kate was present for. I feel like the last few months, we could have had Marci playing Abigail because Abigail wasn't doing anything as extreme. I think of Marci as the Gentle Abigail and Kate as the Crazy Abigail, I guess LOL. If Abigail does come back, I just feel like it's going to become jarring again seeing Marci having to play the really crazy extreme stuff, which she just isn't as good at. I think it's because Mansi naturally has this crazy eye thing going on....

Hopefully the Abigail that comes back is more a happy homemaker than bitchy nut case.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, bannana said:

So how do we know he cannot stand Kate Mansi?

This is  a real question.

Well if you believe BTS gossip and Billy doesn't hide it nearly as well then again I felt like he checked out sometime in 2017 acting wise with this show and never looked back.  Like I said she doesn't care for him either but she at least is professional.

That being said I'm sure MM's Abby will return as the passive weak willed Abby I do agree she would've been fine as Abby these past few months. However I bet they'll resurrect that awful DID storyline again now that Stefan/Jake is back too albeit a different actor.

At least JJ is nowhere near any of this. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well if you believe BTS gossip and Billy doesn't hide it nearly as well

I haven't seen any signs, so he must be hiding something. Can you be more specific?